Blog Entries tagged 'boating'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'boating'
- Summer in Peru - 2017 - Lima's ZOO
[center]Parque de las Leyendas - Jungle area[/center]
[center]The zoo is all about South America and Peruvian flora and fauna. It's divided into the 3 climatic regions of Peru: Jungle - Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 31, 2017
- Summer in Chile - 2017Having slept in meant my choice of what to do today was made easy - Take the public bus to Cochamo.
When I read and saw photos of the pretty Cochamo Valley located in the Andes in the Los Lagos Region Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Chile | Mar 10, 2017
- Sliced and Diced.[center]
When: 11:30pm. 5 hours before scheduled arrival time to hospital
Where: The streets of Boston, North End.
Who: Three of my nearest and dearest, who took me out, made me laugh and snuggled all over me - Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Oct 19, 2015
- Boating about in Funcurry - NSW
After the hard work of gardening, Nick and I had a day out on the boat investigating the waterways that surround Forster and Tuncurry.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/721016/Boating Posted by charlystyles in Charly's Australian Adventure | Jun 8, 2015
- Of Boats and Blogs[float=left][/float]The Boat: We purchased our boat on August 1st, 2007 with the intention of keeping it for five years. Today, we are two weeks into the seventh year of our five ye Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Aug 13, 2013
- The Long Journey HomeAs of the last blog entry, the battery monitor was not working and this was really bothering me; Carol, too. I knew that we relied on this thing but we didn't realize how much until we had the prospect of Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Aug 7, 2013
- Cape May, NJ ..... AgainFriday was not a good boat day which means that it was not a good day ..... at all. We started getting ready to leave about 0600; there was no reason to hurry, the trip from Atlantic City to Cape Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 23, 2013
- Atlantic City, NJThey came by boats into the Great Salt Pond; they came by ferries into the Old Harbor. Regardless, they came. Too many people .... an area much, much smaller than the township of Spring Creek had more people standing in Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 18, 2013
- Block Island SleepoverWe figured that Carol could use another day to rest. So, after two days of maintenance we just hung out for the weekend in Newport. Nothing much that we wanted to do that we hadn't already done. Plus, we figured Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 15, 2013
- Newport Isn't So Bad, ReallyWhen getting ready to get underway, I decided to do the necessary, but recently useless, radio check. Sea Tow has an automated system that works in many areas. I had checked with them earlier and was told that channel 24 Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 12, 2013
- Da' Blog .... Back on Line[float=left][/float]Carol returned on Saturday, on the 1900, 7pm, ferry having left on Monday on the 1030 ferry. Things went well enough, her sister was well enough, enough of the right stuff got Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 7, 2013
- Still in Provincetown[float=left][/float]It has a certain beauty, I suppose, if beauty can be austere, maybe ascetic, without becoming an oxymoron. Day Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 1, 2013
- Blog Hiatus[float=left][/float]The ferry itself is of no particular note. It's called the Fast Ferry to Boston, able to make the trip in about 90 minutes, twice as fast as the other ferry which does [u]not[/ Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jul 1, 2013
- On to ProvincetownIt was a vexacious morning, that Friday that we returned to Martha's Vineyard. We both woke up early, too early, and decided to get underway. In the event Carol threw off the mooring pendant at exactly 0500. I put the Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 27, 2013
- Nantucket, MA[float=left][/float]Martha's Vineyard was a microcosm of how the trip was supposed to have gone but had not yet done so. We arrived; we were able to do the things that we wanted; we decided to lea Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 20, 2013
- Martha's Vineyard, MASo, we waited. Waiting appears to be an important part of boating: waiting for weather, waiting for tides, waiting for bridges, waiting for parts, waiting for berths. The sun disappeared, the rains came but the wind took its own sweet Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 17, 2013
- Newport, RIThe sun was up early that Sunday morning and so were we, getting the boat ready and getting underway by 0530. We joined a parade of small commercial fishing boats heading out the harbor for the open water. Our route Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 13, 2013
- After AndreaMostly, it was no big deal. The barometer got down to 29.50. We read through most of the storm and slept through the rest. It did get pretty windy which kept the wind generator going; we probably could have powered Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 8, 2013
- What a Surprise Was ANDREA!We have been mostly concerned about the weather between where we are and where we want to go. On a boat, the weather some place else cannot cause problems for the boat. So, I've been lax about checking the NHC Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 7, 2013
- New Plan! The Passage to Montauk LakeWe passed a milestone of a sort. When we started we carried three "bricks" of books, each brick wrapped in a gigantic ziploc baggie suitable for an ad hoc body bag and each secured with large bungee cords. We have Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 7, 2013
- Cape May, NJWe hung around Delaware City for a couple of days. Rainy and windy, sunny and windy, always windy, approaching gale force windy, a good reason to have hung around Delaware City. We didn't do very much; there's not very much Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | Jun 1, 2013
- Delaware City, DEWe decided to head to Delaware City, on the Delaware River. That location should put us in reach of Cape May, NJ. The transit included the 14 mile long Chesapeake-Delaware Canal. I thought that the tide in the canal might Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | May 23, 2013
- Havre de Grace, MDWe decided to leave Baltimore on Saturday, not having much more there that we wanted to do. Baltimore, like many major eastern US cities has a little Italy. Carol selected an Italian restaurant for Friday evening at which she wanted Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | May 20, 2013
- Baltimore, MDIt was cold, this morning, down in the 40's again. Every nice day has been followed by several extremely cool days and nights, struggling to break 50[sup]o[/sup] at night and 60[sup]o[/sup] during the day. The struggle has rarely been successful.
[floa Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | May 17, 2013
- New Plan! Solomons, MDTuesday morning in Colonial Beach looked pretty much like a replay of Monday morning .... a good day to stay dry and warm inside the boat, tied to the dock. But, we had seen the best that Colonial Beach had Posted by sailziveli in Innocents Aboard | May 2, 2013