Blog Entries tagged 'buildings'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'buildings'
- Barcelona Spain: Cheap Seats at the Opera Barcelona, the Capitol of Catalonia Spain, is located on the north east coast of the Iberian Penninsula facing the Mediterranean Sea.
Our seats on KLM flight 0678 are near several families and one child or another cried continuously from Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Jan 19, 2017
- Santiago October 2016 - day two continued==Exploring the city==
Having spent the morning in the area in and around the Plaza de Armas, and climbed the small hill of Cerro Santa Lucia (see [[http://toonsarah.travellerspoint.c Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels (both past and present) | Jan 16, 2017
- Ankake SpaghettiAnkake Spaghetti is a well-known comfort food of Nagoya. If you go to one of these restaurants during lunch time you will find it filled up with salarymen. This dish is very affordable and filling and good for Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 9, 2017
- SingaporeSo the adventure begins; with a whole lot of excitement and a modicum of trepidation we are up, up and away.
We SCOOTed to Singapore from Melbourne and after a slow start- all flights delayed in and out of Melbourne Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Dec 31, 2016
- Winter FestivalWe are organising Bomb Fire parties and jams on the beaches of Elmina and Cape Coast.We will guide you to tour Zoos,Safari,Wild Animals and Animals Sanctuary,Interesting and Cultural Centres and places of interest. You get a chance to mingle with Posted by Mpoanu.Fun.Tour in Mpoanu Fun Tours | Dec 4, 2016
- ArgentinaWe arrived in Buenos Aires on 11 November 2016. Darren's Phantom 4 quadcopter made it through without raising an eyebrow. The next thing was to catch a taxi to San Telmo where we were staying. I'd read that there are Posted by robbotravels in Robbotravels to...... | Nov 25, 2016
- Our First Activity
Hi Mrs. Hoff,
Let me just tell you about this fascinating trip I went on with my school friends just a few days ago. The day we got there was when we all caught a whiff of Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- The Hidden Place in HyogoWhenever asked what prefecture is beside Osaka, most people will say Kyoto to the right and Kobe to the left. That's what most travelers refer to Hyogo prefecture, they call it Kobe because that's what most if not all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Oct 24, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Franz Josef ==Franz Josef Glacier==
We continued through the town, across the Waiho River to the car park of the glacier. Unfortunately, the glacier has receded so much, we didn't have time to walk to the face. It's on my list Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Arthur's Pas==Otira Highway==
We all piled back into the bus made our way to Hokitika.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – OverviewThis was my last full day wandering around before the tour started. I made the most of it by going to:
• Punting on the Avon
• Rebuild Tour
• Christchurch Gondola
• Wandering Worcester Boulevard
Once I was back at the hotel, I went to the dinner Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 4 – Wandering around==Christchurch Wandering==
I didn't have a lot of time to get back to the hotel before I was due to meet the tour group, but I just took my time wandering back to the hotel along Worcester Boulevard to Cathedral Square.
[center][img=http://photos.travel Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 3 – Gondola RideThe day before I had bought a gondola ticket as part of the Punting & Tram tickets. I also purchased shuttle bus tickets so that I could get there quickly. The shuttle bus left from the front of the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 2 – Rebuild Tour==Rebuild Tour==
Before I left home, I booked a ticket on the Rebuild Tour, as I wanted to get a local's insight into how things had changed and to see the major sites that had been rebuilt since the earthquakes.
I had Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Overview – August 2016Today was my first day in New Zealand (on this trip - I had been here previously in 2013) and I spent it in Christchurch. It was partly cloudy, and a lovely 7C / 44F.
I went saw:
• Avon River
• Construction around the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 14, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 6 – August 2016==Colombo Street==
I walked along Colombo Street for a while. This area had been cordoned off when I was in Christchurch in 2013.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/C Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 3, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 5 – August 2016==Isaac Theatre Royal==
Leaving the cathedral square I could see the Isaac Theatre Royal through what is now an open space, which was probably a building before the earthquakes.
[i]"When work on the third incarnation began on 20 November 1906 the Christ Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 2, 2016
- Walvis Bay and SwakopmundToday was our longest drive day, but we still decided to get up to watch the sunrise from our roof terrace, not as bright as the sunsets but still lovely. We also saw some desert rats, oryx and mongoose making Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 26, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 4 – August 2016==Christchurch Cathedral==
The Christchurch Cathedral was built between 1864 and 1901. Unfortunately, it has been badly damaged in the recent earthquakes, and part of the front façade was demolished after the earthquakes. There is great debate at the m Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 25, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 2 – August 2016==Botanical Gardens==
Within the botanical gardens is the Christchurch i-Site, their tourist information centre. I was just in time to be able to go in before it closed, and arranged tickets for the following day. I bought a pass Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 24, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 1 – August 2016==Transfer from the Airport to the Ibis==
On the afternoon I arrived, I was met at the airport by the transfer arranged by AATKings. I also met another couple that was on the same tour as me. The first Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 24, 2016
- Short Break on the Mani Peninsula
'A ship is safe in the harbour - but that's not what ships are built for. - Gael Attal'
Having found some reasonable flights to Kalamata, we decided to travel down the Mani Peninsula a part of Greece we had not Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 20, 2016
- And no you can't see it from outer space (China)Beijing in 1989 was in a small way the inspiration behind taking this trip. Not so much because of the student uprising that took place and the subsequent events that unfolded in and around Tiananmen Square at the time but Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 14, 2016
- 3658 Miles Apart || My first days in Nova Scotia!Hi, I'm Giulia and I'm 3658 miles apart!
I'm 16 years old and I'm from Italy. I actually live an hour away from Venice.
On August 27th I arrived to Canada. I was very excited and I still am. My flight was Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Sep 10, 2016
- Little India and Singapore by NightThe next morning I actually had a plan of where I wanted to go. Little India was the destination. Right outside the hostel at a nearby convenience store I saw some cool local specialties that caught my eye. Mushrooms, chili Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | May 22, 2015