Blog Entries tagged 'buildings'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'buildings'
- One famous little Red mill at the centre of everythingCan you believe it’s only 30 minutes flying time and, for me, just 200 miles from home. Even Manchester is further!! Paris, the French capital and London’s nearest rival for best European city. But did you know that Paris is Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Aug 28, 2015
- Hemis Monastery..the last post !!Situated around 45 km south of Leh, the Hemis Monastery is the most important monastery belonging to the Drupka order. The history of the monastery states that it was founded by Stagsang Raspa Nawang Gyatso in 1630.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 25, 2015
- Trinidad, CubaHostal Margaritas, Trinidad
Picture postcard cute, Trinidad is an almost fully intact colonial city of about 30,000. It feels a bit like San Cristobal de Las Casas in Mexico, with hills and cobblestone streets. Of course, that was close Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 14, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X...Thiksey Monastery or GompaThiksay Gompa or Thiksay Monastery is a gompa (monastery) affiliated with the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism. It is located on top of a hill in Thiksey village, approximately 19 kilometres east of Leh in Ladakh, India. It is noted Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 7, 2015
- Château du Haut-KœnigsbourgChâteau du Haut-Kœnigsbourg is one of the most visited tourist attractions in the area attracting more than 500,000 visitors each year.
We decided to take a guided tour to learn and understand more of the history and significance Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 6, 2015
- Chateau Haut-AndlauAndlau has not one, but two, medieval castles protecting it ... Chateau Haut-Andlau, and Château de Spesbourg. We decided to take an enjoyable, relaxed walk through the forest to visit Chateau Haut-Andlau.
At 451m, the Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 3, 2015
- Abbey church of Saint Peter and Saint PaulThe abbey was founded in 880 by Ste. Richarde, Empress and wife of Charles the Fat, grandson of Charlemagne. There are many stories about her life. Apparently the legend states that, despite being a virtuous wife, over Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Aug 2, 2015
- Bali and AwayOur last few hours at the Chedi Club were really enjoyable and began with us going for an hour long walk with Bawanta through the rice fields that surround the hotel and then through the neighbouring village.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/7254 Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 1, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part XI....CITY !!Leh , was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, now the Leh district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Leh district. The town is dominated by the ruined Leh Palace, the former mansion of the Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 31, 2015
- LauterbrunnenSo we are staying at Camping Jungfrau and we are nestled in the valley of the waterfalls, while I am sitting here typing I am looking at a waterfall cascading off a cliff that I cannot see the top off, Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Blenheim PalaceFriday was hair appointment day, Kate did a good job. Better to get hair sorted where English is the main language or might turn pink!! Hayley it might suit you but definitely would not look good on me. Posted by kiwiscanflyto in Kiwis Take Flight | Jul 12, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- Rome by twlightAfter the Vatican tour we decided to hang around and go to the twilight walk of piazzas and fountains, we had a couple of hours to fill so we checked out some markets and then found McDonald’s to sit in Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 7, 2015
- Next Stop... CopenhagenOn the way to Copenhagen, we managed to spend an amazing afternoon catching up with old friends from Shanghai. They have a summer house in Hojby, on the coast of Zealand. We got there about 2pm, and had a traditional Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 7, 2015
- Venice delightsThe first bit of exciting news is that we caught back up with Kim today, she is the Australian girl that we spent a lot of time with in Cesky Krumlov. She is someone that I really hope we keep Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 28, 2015
- Aarhus Cathedral (Domkirke)Aarhus Domkirke has stood as the dominant structure in the city since the late 12thC, albeit with rebuilding, and changes in style over the centuries. At 93m, it is the longest church in Denmark.
It Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 25, 2015
- Back to Germany todayMünchen or as we know it Munich.
We left Salzburg and headed for Munich. The rain remained but our day brightened up when we saw the Michael was our bus driver. Just in case you are wondering his hands are still Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 23, 2015
- Road Trip (Part 2)OK - so it's no secret... I'm catching up on blog posts now that school's out for the summer holidays... I had done the first part of this trip, with Mum and Dad in the family truckster... so now here Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- 3 churches in oneOld churches are always a drawcard for me when we travel .. not from a religious, but an historical, perspective. I try to imagine the people, and how they participated in the church, which would Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 22, 2015
- SalzburgSo we did the archery in Grünau, had Gerhard’s world famous lasagne for lunch and then we headed for Salzburg. Luck for us it is only 2 hours down the road.
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria. Salzburg's "Old Town" Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part - V...winters with fresh snowfall!Leh has a cold desert climate with long, harsh winters from October to early March, with minimum temperatures well below freezing for most of the winter. The city gets occasional snowfall during winter. The weather in the remaining months is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 16, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- Moesgaard Museum.
Moesgaard Museum is one of our most favourite places in Aarhus. It is a museum which has an archaeological and ethnographic focus.
We visit every time we come to Aarhus, but this time was quite special as Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 14, 2015