Blog Entries tagged 'buildings'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'buildings'
- Day 3 Paris – Notre Dame TowersAfter getting the train from Versailles, I headed to Notre Dame Cathedral and bought my ticket for the tower tours. I had seen many photos of Paris taken from these towers, and I really had to see it for Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Heading Back to ParisAfter a long day, I headed back to the station and caught the train to Paris.
• I saw some meringues (and I bought one)
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/05_Ve Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Jardins du Château de VersaillesAfter wandering through the Palace buildings, I headed outside into the gardens. As it was winter, unfortunately all the fountains were turned off (it was only 6C / 42F). I loved it anyway!
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/04_Vers Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Château De Versailles (Interior)Once I arrived at the Palace, I headed inside and got myself an audio guide. I saw lots of amazing things including:
• Halls, doors and general grand rooms
[center][img=http://ph Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Heading to the PalaceI arrived into Versailles at one of the three stations, Versailles – Chantiers.
Leaving the train station I walked down Rue des États Généraux. Once I got to the intersection with Avenue de Paris I stopped off and had a Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- Day 3 Paris - Heading to VersaillesI left left hotel quite early (jet lag was still a problem....) and walked through the early morning streets where the shops were accepting their goods for the day (including an amazing amount of fresh flowers!). I walked along Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- Day 3 Versailles – Europe 2013 HolidayI did a day trip to Versailles on the train, and then spent time at Notre Dame and Sorbonne. It was only 6C/42F and quite cloudy all day.
I will break this day up into several posts as they are all Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 22, 2016
- "Brews With Views"20th & 21st June'16:
Proud of their heritage & rich cultural history & with a reputation for good cuisine.!!..That's what you get when you are in the Ribble Valley & that's where I've been hiding out for the last two Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 21, 2016
- "Walking The Wall Of Fame"Wednesday: 16th.June '06..
Well the exciting news for the this week since I've been back from the Yorkshire Dales was, I've unexpectedly landed a few hours of voluntary work at Lytham Hall with the restoration group for the National Trust..It may Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 16, 2016
- "The Joys Of Youth Hostelling"11th.June'16...Raining today but it still has it's benefits. I've managed to check out the tiny village of Malham & had a bite to eat with a local ale in one of the two pubs in town..Well, what else is their Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 11, 2016
- "The Beauty Of The Yorkshire Dales"Friday: 10th. June'16..
About time for another update before I forget my daily dose of activities while I am here.. Tuesday was another morning walk through the country park in the Lytham Hall grounds & a small stock up at my Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 10, 2016
- Christmasing is More Fun in the Philippines
This was the time of year when holidays were too long: Dec 24 & 25 fell on Thursday and Friday, while Dec 30 & 31 fell on Wednesday and Thursday. There were 2 working days left in December, so Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 8, 2016
- [TITLE]Castle Howchow Beach Hotel Hotel[\TITLE]
It is near shopping centres - Tuk Com (IT Shopping center & Department Store), Central Plaza Khon Kaen as well as several banking institutions and hospitals. Chaipat Hotel , 106/3 Namuang Rd, ☎ +66 43 333056-59 Budget hotel with a Posted by delmarumiq in swimwear reviews | Jun 7, 2016
- "An Arabian Sun & Sand Experience"Day 3... 1/06/2016
Decided to brave the heat and take the stroll this morning to view Burj Khalifa & surrounds..Awesome & unique piece of architectural engineering to say the least.!!.For the statisticians out there, my research tells me it's built on Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 2, 2016
- An Early Arrival With An Early Check In..!!31/05/2016..
I had read Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | May 31, 2016
- Back to BrugesAfter going around Japan for a bit. This entry brings us back to Europe and once again, to the lovely little town of Bruges. Despite being vaulted into popularity by a Hollywood film and having the status as a good Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | May 29, 2016
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
We left Cambodia on the morning of the 5th and caught a coach to Ho Chi Minh that took around 7 hours. One of the fellas on the coach collected all passports on commencement of the journey, which we thought Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | May 14, 2016
- LA PAZ MEGA-CITY AND DAY TRIP TO TIWANAKUArriving in La Paz after 2 weeks in tropical heat was a bit of a shock: it is the highest city in the world, and at an altitude of 3,650m it was freezing!! We also weren't too lucky with the Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 8, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Tronchet and Place de la Concorde at nightLeaving Printemps, I walked Rue Tronchet. There I came across many flower stands.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Printemps and Galeries LafayetteOn the hop-on-hop-off bus, we passed the Printemps store, and I decided that I would need to come back and see the shops later.
In the evening, I walked from the Opéra M Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Saint-Germain des PrèsHaving left the Opéra in the afternoon, I made my way to Saint-Germain des Près. Once there I walked along Boulevarde Saint-Germain.
There were plenty of food and flower stalls along the boulevard.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/81284 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Opéra de Paris (Palais Garnier)Leaving Église de la Madeleine in the afternoon, the hop-on-hop-off bus made it’s way along the Boulevard des Capucines to the Palais Garnier, home of Opéra de Paris. The façade is amazing! Unfortunately I didn’t have any tickets, Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Royale and Église de la MadeleineMy next stop on the hop-on-hop-off bus and it headed across the Pont Alexandre III and towards the Av. des Champs-Élysées. We turned right and then headed towards Place de la Concorde.
At Place de la Concorde we turned left Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016