Blog Entries tagged 'buildings'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'buildings'
- Arles -- art, history, bull fighting Up early and had breakfast. Checked tourist brochures in a basket here then packed cameras and set off for a day in Arles. We managed to get there i Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 21, 2017
- Crikey Mate So you can guess where we headed today....Australia Zoo
We headed past the big lawn mower, we tried to make a stop at the Glass House Mountains look out but the drive in was rough & the lookout turned out to Posted by ChristieA in CarCar's on the Road . . . . . Again! | Feb 16, 2017
- Back to Paris. Our month is over.
Hard to believe our month was nearly over. We packed up our tent for the last time in France . . . literally. We've never camped in France again. We rent gites or stay in logis and the oc Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 9, 2017
- Headed back north through the Alps
Our nice dry, warm week in the Alps came to an end and it was back to the tent. Bastille Day was over and French vacations had begun so we had lots of company in the campgrounds. Our next st Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 6, 2017
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017
- A morning in Puerto Varas==Around the town==
Volcan Osorno emerges from the clouds
Having spent most of our time in Puerto Varas travelling out of the town to see other sights in the region, we luckily Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels (both past and present) | Jan 30, 2017
- Day 26 Bottom Half of Western Australia[center][/center]Scenery at Northampton
Today, we depart early from Geraldton and head along Highway 1, the NW Coastal Highway to Kalbarri, our destination for a couple of nights.
It is Posted by balhannahrise in Time to hit the road | Jan 28, 2017
- Days 24 & 25 Bottom Half of Western Australia[center][/center]
Today, we leave Mullewa and head to the city of Geraldton, the home of some impressive buildings, churches, museums and memorials. Known as either "sun city" or "windy Posted by balhannahrise in Time to hit the road | Jan 28, 2017
- Barcelona Spain: Cheap Seats at the Opera Barcelona, the Capitol of Catalonia Spain, is located on the north east coast of the Iberian Penninsula facing the Mediterranean Sea.
Our seats on KLM flight 0678 are near several families and one child or another cried continuously from Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Dec 6, 2016
- Santiago October 2016 - day two continued==Exploring the city==
Having spent the morning in the area in and around the Plaza de Armas, and climbed the small hill of Cerro Santa Lucia (see [[http://toonsarah.travellerspoint.c Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels (both past and present) | Jan 16, 2017
- Ankake SpaghettiAnkake Spaghetti is a well-known comfort food of Nagoya. If you go to one of these restaurants during lunch time you will find it filled up with salarymen. This dish is very affordable and filling and good for Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Jan 9, 2017
- SingaporeSo the adventure begins; with a whole lot of excitement and a modicum of trepidation we are up, up and away.
We SCOOTed to Singapore from Melbourne and after a slow start- all flights delayed in and out of Melbourne Posted by Seantiel in 2017-The year of Living Dangerously | Dec 31, 2016
- Winter FestivalWe are organising Bomb Fire parties and jams on the beaches of Elmina and Cape Coast.We will guide you to tour Zoos,Safari,Wild Animals and Animals Sanctuary,Interesting and Cultural Centres and places of interest. You get a chance to mingle with Posted by Mpoanu.Fun.Tour in Mpoanu Fun Tours | Dec 4, 2016
- ArgentinaWe arrived in Buenos Aires on 11 November 2016. Darren's Phantom 4 quadcopter made it through without raising an eyebrow. The next thing was to catch a taxi to San Telmo where we were staying. I'd read that there are Posted by robbotravels in Robbotravels to...... | Nov 25, 2016
- Our First Activity
Hi Mrs. Hoff,
Let me just tell you about this fascinating trip I went on with my school friends just a few days ago. The day we got there was when we all caught a whiff of Posted by Lola1815 in Ugh My shoes! | Nov 20, 2016
- The Hidden Place in HyogoWhenever asked what prefecture is beside Osaka, most people will say Kyoto to the right and Kobe to the left. That's what most travelers refer to Hyogo prefecture, they call it Kobe because that's what most if not all Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Oct 24, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Franz Josef ==Franz Josef Glacier==
We continued through the town, across the Waiho River to the car park of the glacier. Unfortunately, the glacier has receded so much, we didn't have time to walk to the face. It's on my list Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Arthur's Pas==Otira Highway==
We all piled back into the bus made our way to Hokitika.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – OverviewThis was my last full day wandering around before the tour started. I made the most of it by going to:
• Punting on the Avon
• Rebuild Tour
• Christchurch Gondola
• Wandering Worcester Boulevard
Once I was back at the hotel, I went to the dinner Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 4 – Wandering around==Christchurch Wandering==
I didn't have a lot of time to get back to the hotel before I was due to meet the tour group, but I just took my time wandering back to the hotel along Worcester Boulevard to Cathedral Square.
[center][img=http://photos.travel Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 3 – Gondola RideThe day before I had bought a gondola ticket as part of the Punting & Tram tickets. I also purchased shuttle bus tickets so that I could get there quickly. The shuttle bus left from the front of the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 2 – Rebuild Tour==Rebuild Tour==
Before I left home, I booked a ticket on the Rebuild Tour, as I wanted to get a local's insight into how things had changed and to see the major sites that had been rebuilt since the earthquakes.
I had Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Overview – August 2016Today was my first day in New Zealand (on this trip - I had been here previously in 2013) and I spent it in Christchurch. It was partly cloudy, and a lovely 7C / 44F.
I went saw:
• Avon River
• Construction around the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 14, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 6 – August 2016==Colombo Street==
I walked along Colombo Street for a while. This area had been cordoned off when I was in Christchurch in 2013.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/C Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 3, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 5 – August 2016==Isaac Theatre Royal==
Leaving the cathedral square I could see the Isaac Theatre Royal through what is now an open space, which was probably a building before the earthquakes.
[i]"When work on the third incarnation began on 20 November 1906 the Christ Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 2, 2016