Blog Entries tagged 'buildings'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'buildings'
- May 16 - 18: Montrose and More!This is another recap post from this Monday - Wednesday, which were three more great days of birding during pretty much the peak of bird migration through northeast Illinois.
MONDAY, MAY 16:
I was excused from 1st through 3rd period on Monday, Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 20, 2016
- May 9 - May 15: Migration Madness!I am a bit behind in posting due to a crazy schedule, but this is the recap post of what is usually the most productive week of birding of the entire year in northeast Illinois: the second weak of May! Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 17, 2016
We left Cambodia on the morning of the 5th and caught a coach to Ho Chi Minh that took around 7 hours. One of the fellas on the coach collected all passports on commencement of the journey, which we thought Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | May 14, 2016
- LA PAZ MEGA-CITY AND DAY TRIP TO TIWANAKUArriving in La Paz after 2 weeks in tropical heat was a bit of a shock: it is the highest city in the world, and at an altitude of 3,650m it was freezing!! We also weren't too lucky with the Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 8, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Tronchet and Place de la Concorde at nightLeaving Printemps, I walked Rue Tronchet. There I came across many flower stands.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Printemps and Galeries LafayetteOn the hop-on-hop-off bus, we passed the Printemps store, and I decided that I would need to come back and see the shops later.
In the evening, I walked from the Opéra M Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Saint-Germain des PrèsHaving left the Opéra in the afternoon, I made my way to Saint-Germain des Près. Once there I walked along Boulevarde Saint-Germain.
There were plenty of food and flower stalls along the boulevard.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/81284 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Opéra de Paris (Palais Garnier)Leaving Église de la Madeleine in the afternoon, the hop-on-hop-off bus made it’s way along the Boulevard des Capucines to the Palais Garnier, home of Opéra de Paris. The façade is amazing! Unfortunately I didn’t have any tickets, Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Rue Royale and Église de la MadeleineMy next stop on the hop-on-hop-off bus and it headed across the Pont Alexandre III and towards the Av. des Champs-Élysées. We turned right and then headed towards Place de la Concorde.
At Place de la Concorde we turned left Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Hôtel des InvalidesOne of stops on the hop-on-hop-off bus was the Hôtel des Invalides. I went twice – once on the first round of the bus, and once again when the bus came back to the area.
The trip went past my Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Up the Eiffel TowerWith the sun up and the sky looking boring, I headed back across the river, and saw the lines for the tower were quite short. I decided I would wait and go up! I got the pass to Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Sunrise at the Trocadéro / Palais de ChaillotI had seen people across the other side of the river, and decided it would be a great place to watch the sun come up over the horizon, and I was NOT disappointed! Fabulous idea. I was able Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Sunrise Champ de Mars and the Eiffel TowerI’ve never really liked jetlag, but it was a good thing this morning. I was up long before the sun was, so I headed out to watch the sunrise, and I’m so glad I did. This post and Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 30, 2016
- Day 2 Paris – Europe 2013 HolidayThis morning I got up early and watched the sunrise come up behind the Eiffel Tower.
The average temperature was 5 Degrees C (40F). Here is a map of where I walked.
I did most of the green and part of Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Apr 29, 2016
- Hong Kong[center]After a two hour fifteen minute flight from Bangkok, we arrived into Hong Kong airport ready to negotiate a taxi to our hotel. Little did we know that Hong Kong would be well geared up for this and gave us Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Apr 22, 2016
- BOLIVIAN CITY LIFE: POTOSI AND SUCREOur first stop after Uyuni was Potosi, a city sitting at 4,090m above sea level, making it one of the highest cities in the World! We stayed there for about 2 days with Antoine, Baptiste, Anna and Yasmine who joined Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Apr 18, 2016
- MdinaWe decided to drive inland to explore the old towns of Mdina and Rabat. It was about a 40 minute drive and we eventually found a place to park around a busy Mdina. It was another lovely old town surrounded Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- VallettaAs it was a bit overcast we decided to bite the bullet and actually visit the town of Valletta rather than just getting lost on the roads around it. We parked on the outskirts of town just outside the city Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Apr 18, 2016
- Recover partitions 21 do do you know what attain register isThis guidance facts and techniques is utilised because of your computers windows based pc. Before long that you've got been using your pc, Hundreds tool installs along with others collections that are being exercised definitely will damaged your prized ma Posted by hannahcl in hannahclairelblog | Apr 13, 2016
- COMMON SENSE - Be sure to bring a big bunch with you!Traveling from USA to Panama (and further south into S.Amer) requires a good vehicle and good judgement. The vehicle should be in excellent mechanical condition and go with spare parts, also should be comfortable for you and your passengers to Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 9, 2016
- Camping overland into Central and South AmericaTRAVELING OVERLAND IN A RV!
To us, travel has nothing to do with cruises and vacations. It’s not about staying at fancy hotels or taking a two-week holiday.
Travel is a way of life. It’s how we learn, develop ourselves, educate our Posted by rvcampertravele in OVERLAND Travel to Central and South Am. | Apr 8, 2016
- Pan American Highway - Going again in 2017!!I have decided to "get ready" early and do my pre-trip preparation for this great journey thru Mexico, Central America, and South America. I am using a excellent low-milage Ford F250 , 7.3 diesel, long bed pick up with Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 8, 2016
- Day 1 Paris – Île de la Cité (Part 3 of 4)I continued wandering around the Île de la Cité, and came across some pretty cool buildings, including the Palais de Justice de Paris.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/ci Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 27, 2016
- HDTV Cam UpdateThere have been quite a few cameras added since my last update. Camera upgrades at some locations have been completed and not only ship tracker added to each site, but option of air traffic tracker on a few.
By the way, Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Mar 26, 2016
- Day 1 Paris – Île de la Cité (Part 2 of 4)I had seen some photos of a cool little place on the internet before I had left for Paris, so I headed for Place Dauphine. I wasn’t disappointed! I loved this little square cut off from the main Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Mar 24, 2016