- 2017 MARCH NICARAGUA, DEEPER IN
==DAY 43 TUESDAY 21ST MARCH==
We had a relaxing morning as today is a travel day, but our bus does not depart until 3pm. We hung around at the hotel using the internet until checkout time Posted by Cindy Bruin in CINDY & CO TRAVELLING THE WORLD! | Mar 25, 2017
- 3 weeks in Myanmar - Independent backpackingThis is my 3 week itinerary around Myanmar. We aimed to fit as many as possible sites which provide for variety of activities, while deliberately avoiding beaches (this because we had plenty of that on Tiaman island.)
[map=993443 lat=19.91967448629387 Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Feb 17, 2017
- Travel on a Modest Budget: Spain and Portugal in Review[center]If you think you cannot afford to travel, think again![/center]
[center]If I can do it, anybody can do it.[/center]
Although the 'grow where you are planted' team has a point, I align more with 'a rolling stone gathers no moss. Posted by CherylGypsyRose in The Iberian Penninsula in December | Feb 13, 2017
- Time to relax for a couple of daysFrom the quaint town of Wagin we got to drive through some more nice undulating fields and hills before reaching York at the banks of Swan River. York had been settled just a few years after Perth and features historical Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jan 23, 2017
- On The WayOn the way to Belum State Park
The plane ride to Penang
It was the worst
It was like monkeys sang
I just wanted to burst
Onto the bus ride now
Struggling to catch up on sleep
I kept wondering, how?
Then I fell in deep...
Waking u Posted by unsociable in The World Through An Introvert | Nov 23, 2016
- Planning your Everest Base Camp trekWe have completed EBC the long way: Jiri-EBC-Salleri. Below are some useful tips on how to plan your itinerary, budgets, etc.
[[http://roaming-the-world.travellerspoint.com/25/|Read about our EBC adventure here]]
TIMS card (n Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 22, 2016
- Everest Base Camp - Independent Trekking===The Plan===
Normally when you do an Everest Bace Camp trek the plan is simple. You take a flight to Lukla hike up to Namche Bazar then to EBC and back to Lukla to catch your fl Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Nov 21, 2016
- Kia Orana / Hello Cook IslandsEven though we had left French Polynesia, we had another two and a half hours to enjoy Air Tahiti’s service – together with about thirty other passengers of which at least 50% seemed to be German speaking.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/814523 Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 16, 2016
- My temporary life in urban NepalBack in Nepal to spend more time at the village school, I’ve decided to base myself in Pokhara and commute each day. There were many different considerations, and it’s a decision not taken lightly, least of all because of the Posted by Andrea R in Andrea's Asian Adventures | Oct 25, 2016
- A long journey from Hsipaw to MandalayOur last buffet breakfast was good though there weren't any pancakes, but some rice porridge to bring back memories of Chengdu where we ate more of it. We thanked the staff for feeding us so well over the past few Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Sep 13, 2016
- 6 Months Blog Update 2In April, I was given the amazing opportunity to go to Italy with 87 other Belgium Exchange Students. We all gathered in Liege to check our luggage in and we left quite early in the morning. It was an overnight Posted by PendergrastR in My Year in Belgium | Jul 15, 2016
- SingaporeFirst visit - 18th May - 19th May
The morning we were leaving Old Town Guesthouse in Melaka we were treated to some homemade fruit cake baked by Chua's girlfriend for breakfast. We got a taxi to the central bus station Posted by advensha in Advensha | Jul 13, 2016
- Ireland Day 2: Books, Beetles, Whiskey, and Jail (Gaol?)[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/681070/90_CD322227ECE41A76BB5C75310E16E5DF Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Jul 12, 2016
- Final Day, Final thoughtsOur last morning arrived more quickly than we wanted. We got ourselves up & dressed and Alena hailed an Uber to take us to the train station - Gare Lyon - where we could catch the 'Bus Direct' that would Posted by otisandma in Salut tout le Monde! | Jul 1, 2016
- Journey Hpa An to BaganOur bus to Yangon left at a reasonable time of 9 a.m. and left us enough time for a bakery breakfast of tasty carrot cake, cheese cake, puri and potato curry, and banana pancakes. The whole feast was less than Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jun 27, 2016
- Thailand: Bangkok (again) and Khao LakOur mini-bus to Bangkok arrived a bit earlier than we'd been told so we had to throw the last bits in our backpacks and run out of the door. We were taken to a much larger coach that was pretty Posted by advensha in Advensha | Apr 19, 2016
- R & R XcursionsSorry, bad timing with a poor, depressed economy coupled with job loss, R&R Xcursions barely got off the ground. The service is no longer available.
Funding to make a proper launch was the largest hurdle and is what now stands in Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Jul 5, 2011
- Buses and Lost Cash in BangkokAt 7:30, we checked out and headed for the bus stop to find out that buses left every hour on the half hour so we'd just missed one. I ran to get us some 7-11 breakfast pastries and a ham Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Mar 26, 2016
- HDTV Cam UpdateThere have been quite a few cameras added since my last update. Camera upgrades at some locations have been completed and not only ship tracker added to each site, but option of air traffic tracker on a few.
By the way, Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Mar 26, 2016
- Khong Chiam After getting ready and hurrying to the front desk, we relaxed hearing the news that buses to Khong Chiam left every half hour. We went for an early lunch to use the better wifi and eat more fried rice, not Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Feb 29, 2016
- Holiday Bus TravelsOur mission for the day was to get to Ubon Ratchatani and we arrived at the station to catch the 9:30 bus. It was unfortunately full. Christmas wasn't really a big deal, but New Years was a cause to celebrate Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Jan 7, 2016
- Please, no fish sauceThe guesthouse was busy this morning. Someone had a similar arrival to ours, but had to sleep on the couch as there were no open beds. Wouldn't be getting in my Canada Christmas skype today. Ryan went down the street Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Dec 20, 2015
- Shanghai, China [center][/center]
Shanghai Pudong Airport - Hello China!! We arrived 22 Sept 2015 at 4 pm.
Since I woke up at 430 am in Calgary on Monday morning, Sept 21, and went to bed at 1030 Posted by CherylGypsyRose in China on Fifty Dollars a Day | Sep 26, 2015
- Bus Ride to Bhutwal
Petrol blockade remains in full running force. Negotiations are standing still. The scant number of buses and jeeps able to run, become overcrowded, especial Posted by Shantitraveler in Shanti Travels | Nov 24, 2015
- Steak, Vino and Empanadas!...With a Dash Through ChileWe arrived for a quick stay in San Pedro de Atacama from our Salt Flats tour. The town is firmly on the tourist radar and is a popular destination and stop off for those touring the salt flats compared to Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 13, 2015