Blog Entries tagged 'business_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'business_travel'
- The Land of Country Music, Guitarists and Football LoversI don’t know when I fell asleep. The screeching brakes of the car woke me up. My left arm felt numb. I don’t know how long I had held on to the handle right up there on the left side Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Oct 22, 2015
- Working in TorontoToronto was quite an adventure. There had been a huge rain storm flooding basements that were, for the most part finished and used as living areas. I like these sorts of claims as they do not require a ladder to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 17, 2013
- And It's Off to Work We GoNothing like lots of misadventures to help jump start a trip.
On Saturday I got a call asking for me to go to Toronto to work the floods. Great! We really do need some cash; I mean who doesn’t have a Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2013
- Earthquake Claims in Virginia?The call came asking for if I could work earthquake claims in Virginia; Virginia? The earthquake was only a 5.8 and who has earthquake insurance in Virginia? I’d heard about the earthquake but hadn’t paid any attention as we “Californians” Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 26, 2011
- Catastrophe "CAT" AdjustingSome time ago I wrote about working claims as a “cat” adjuster. When I wrote this I was completely out of sorts needing to get back to work ASAP and having mixed feelings about all of this. That time, I Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 25, 2011
- Abingdon...My second day here, being a Sunday it was quite quiet...I woke up and ate my heart-attack english breakfast which included sausages, eggs, bacon, fried bread! and other wonderful things. I hope I don't keep eating this way for the Posted by 2011 in A Tale of Three | Aug 1, 2010
- Day 1 - Abingdon and OxfordI'm here now, managed to make it in one piece. I cannot believe how stupid I can be sometimes, I ended up leaving all my money behind (USD and the money I converted to GBP) and I showed up to Posted by 2011 in A Tale of Three | Jul 31, 2010
- Welcome to the U.S.Test. This is where it all happened. Test Posted by Potentate in The U.S. Opportunity | Jul 19, 2010
- TBEX '10.5[i]Bloggers Disclaimer of Truth - Day Five has really nothing to do with the actual conference - it was over, all over....kaput, finito, done for, in the past, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Jul 18, 2010
- TBEX '10.4Bloggers Disclaimer of Truth - Day Four has really everything to do with the actual conference
Day 4 began just as had days 2 and 3....no bourbon and bad radio (thank you Scott Nolan for your song title). We had expressly Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Jul 17, 2010
- A Realistic Look at International aidin Kenya's villagesIn December 2007 Kenya was shook with the angry clashes between disputed neighbors after the national election took place. One of the most contentious areas hit with the post-election violence was Eldoret, Kenya. Eldoret is a large constituency located in Posted by WendiBandi in Venturing into Kenya: Wendi's Adventures | Jul 17, 2010
- TBEX '10.3Bloggers Disclaimer of Truth - Day Three has really everything to do with the actual conference
Ah, New York. Once again in the wholesome embrace of the City That Never Schmoozes....er, um, Sleeps. We awoke to the somnambulant din of Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Jul 11, 2010
- TBEX '10.2Bloggers Disclaimer of Truth - Day Two has really nothing to do with the actual conference either
Ah, New York, the city that never sleeps. Which is roughly what happened to us during the first evening. We did fall asleep rather Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Jun 29, 2010
- BostonWatching the World Cup in an air-conditioned pizza place, it's easy to forget stumbling in here an hour ago, red and sweaty and parched, and to glance at the people walking by and wonder where are their coats. The Posted by isabel1023 in Sentimental Journey into Sight and Sound | Jun 29, 2010
- TBEX '10.1Bloggers Disclaimer of Truth - Day One has really nothing to do with the actual conference
Ah, New York. The city that never sleeps. The Big Apple. Home of the Yankees. Yellow Cab capitol of the world. Really, you should see Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Jun 27, 2010
- Feeling Incomplete After CompletionThe last two weeks have been madness for me, and Friday was the first evening when I could finally wind down. The week previous I had been juggling working 12 hours a day on a document that I needed Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jun 14, 2010
- The Swiss Business TripI just returned from 3 days in Zurich, Switzerland. My first trip to Switzerland, and her largest city.
Switzerland – land of chocolate and very precise timing instruments. Beautiful, blonde hair maidens living in the mountains, milking cows and Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jun 11, 2010
- CopenhagenI'm participating in a conference organized by the Copenhagen Business School. The School is located in a few modern buildings, just outside of the city center. I have just heard that my chemotherapy is only partially successful, so it is Posted by PvanHam in My Magic Mountain | Jun 4, 2010
- Nursing at LRMCThings are changing. The patient load is becoming a little more of what I guess I thought it would be like to work at LRMC. For a time, about all we were getting were local patients. Lots Posted by Khandilee in A Travel Nurse in Germany | May 20, 2010
- Come back from VietnamI have just come back home from Vietnam which is a small lovely country. I had travelled there for three weeks. I went to famous place in Vietnam as Halong, Nhatrang and ending of Hanoi. The seasides in Vietnam are Posted by jessica171 in Come back from Vietnam | May 13, 2010
- Trip to Africa 2010!!!!!!!Leave Wellington at 10.00 am, leave Auckland at 2.25 pm. Posted by dalecollie in South Africa | May 1, 2010
- The Safety Net Of Everywhere ElseAs I wrote about a few blog entries back (http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/315/), January wasn’t the best month. Within the space of a couple weeks, I found out that I would neither have a place to live nor a place to work in Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Apr 27, 2010
- Arriving in PretoriaDear all,
Another year, another job adventure, another blog.
It took me some time to decide whether to write another blog like for Cambodia but after many encouraging words I decided to go for it again. I wasn't sure whether Posted by Brizie in South Africa | Apr 25, 2010
- Pagudpod Adventure February 5-8 2010
It was planned as business trip. I, Ivan and Jet were scheduled to visit the northern part of the country for projects. I was assigned at Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Posted by phomer in LagaLag | Apr 15, 2010
- Parenting in the 21st CenturyLast Sunday I had cause to spend the day sitting by the hotel pool watching the world go by (what a shame!).
I couldn't help watching the fathers and sons in the pool. One man was obviously trying to teach his Posted by LellyM in And they call this work | Mar 29, 2010