Blog Entries tagged 'children'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'children'
- Flashback: Washington, DC and the blizzard of aught-nineJust a month after our trip to San Diego, we were on the road again. I had to be in DC for work, and my husband and daughter (then 7 months old) came along. For this trip, at least, I Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Aug 14, 2014
- Masai Tribe
The Masai Mara Tribe Warrior taught us how to set-up a fire using nature tools (wood and sticks), in exchange, we taught the Masai Mara Tribe Warrior how to use a touch screen phone! ha Posted by keithyuenck in KEXplorer - My World Trotting Journey | Aug 14, 2014
- Mont Saint MichelWe left Bordeaux, not too early, but with a decent drive ahead of us, and a pin dropped on the GPS to take us to Mont Saint Michel. Our GPS has taken us on some magical mystery tours every now Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 2, 2014
- BordeauxAfter a ‘French Breakfast’ of coffee and pastries, we headed into Bordeaux to have a look around. Our hotel is out near the university and is very basic, and seems to cater more to a long term business visits Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 28, 2014
- BarcelonaAfter packing up our campsite, which is no small feat to clean everything up, fold and repack furniture, bed sheets, clothes, and of course the tent, and get it all into the car, taking about 3 hours all up. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 24, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- First camping stopHere it is... home for the next 5 days.
Awesome job setting up the tent, and fortunately with no hiccups remembering how to set up the tent. It was a two hour job, to get ev Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- Summer Holiday Adventure[center][/center]
With much coercion, Mike managed to fit all our stuff in the box on top and the boot of our car. We are off on a camping adventure! Our basic plan is to head south to Stuttgar Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 8, 2014
- Flashback: November, 2009--San Diego, CAAlthough my first trip with my daughter taught me to be wary of mixing personal and professional trips, I did it again a month later. Why, you ask? Well, it came down to four things.
1. My attendance was required at Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 19, 2014
- Flashback: Oct. 2009--Lansing/East Lansing, Michigan I'm starting a new category of entries called Flashbacks where I describe some of trips I took with my oldest daughter. The sum of these experiences are what inspired me to start my blog, and I learned some valuable lessons Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 13, 2014
- Catching Up: Where We Stayed: Washington, DC/BethesdaBethesda North Marriott
We stayed at this hotel because it was where my husband's work meetings were. It was nice, with the decor and amenities you'd expect of this level of hotel. My daughter and I especially appreciated the complementary fruit-infuse Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 12, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- Stick a purple carrot in the dykeHolland is actually the name of a region and former province in the Netherlands. I never knew that until I recently offended a guy simply by asking him directions. Usually I have to concentrate to offend effectively and wonder if Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 4, 2014
- Catching up: Washington, DCI am still in catch-up mode! This entry covers a trip from July 2013. My husband had to work in DC for a couple of days, so my daughter and I tagged along.
We arrived at our hotel in the mid-afternoon, Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | May 31, 2014
- KeukenhofI've had some difficulty uploading photos over the last few months, which has contributed to the interruption to usual services, or black and white screenings (ie no pictures!). Fortunately though the upload system seems to be up and running Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 3, 2014
- The Las Tolas Express[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
We’d gauged the time a little loosely and arrived at the bus station, Ofelia, in the north end of Quito, with less t Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Apr 27, 2014
- Traveling with a 4-year-old versus a 2-year old, revisitedBefore my family's trip to Italy, I laid out the differences I expected between traveling overseas with my daughter as a 4-year-old compared to our previous trip overseas when she was 2. Now that the trip is done, I wanted Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Apr 25, 2014
- First meeting with the childrenAs I continued to adjust back to life in India and before I got to meet with the children, I got to take part in Holi fesitval - The Festival of Colors
What an exciting way to enjoy and celebrate Posted by bodyhealer21 in Transforming Lives in India... | Mar 21, 2014
- Durbar Square Stories, KathmanduWe were at Durbar Square in Kathmandu late in the evening. The noise, the crowd, the frenzy of people around was overwhelming and we were two tired tourists. We had been touring all day visiting the famous tourist attractions of Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 15, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Living in Asia | Feb 27, 2014
- Where We Stayed: Semma LombardoI think I got so excited to write about where we ate in Italy that I forgot about the last hotel where we stayed on our trip. The Idea Hotel Milan Airport is located in the suburb of Semma Lombardo. Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Feb 22, 2014
- Pregnant SisterJie Jie and I went on a very quick weekend trip to London in November, to visit my sister who was expecting her first baby in December. We went to help her prepare!!
We left straight after school on Friday, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- Mallorca Given that I 'accidentally' got a job 3 days before term started, our settling in time to our new home has taken a bit longer than planned, and been a bit more tiring than planned. When I was not Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- Where We Ate: Arona, ItalyRistorante Il Calicanto
I'll start this entry by saying that Arona--or at least the part of it that we saw--was not what we expected in terms of dining. I thought that there were going to be lots of restaurants on the Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Feb 8, 2014