Blog Entries tagged 'churches'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'churches'
- A day out with friends===In and around Quito===
With Marcello and Betty on El Panecillo
When we told a friend in London, originally from Quito, that we planned to visit the city, she Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's (past) travels | Oct 26, 2012
- Clisson, a beautiful French village[center][/center]
We decided on Clisson for today since the château is closed on Tuesdays. After breakfast we set the GPS for the Clisson town center figuring Posted by Beausoleil in Pays de la Loire - the Western Loire | Apr 20, 2017
- A city among volcanoes===Quito===
View of the city from El Panecillo
Quito for me will forever be defined by its dramatic location. Squeezed between two volcanic Andean ranges, its streets continu Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's (past) travels | Oct 24, 2012
- "Churching" Excursion in Lower Silesia[float=right][/float]The conference excursion took a busload of participants through Lower Silesia to some places the average tourist won‘t visit. The focus was on „churching“ and there was no tim Posted by Kathrin_E in Ah Język Polski: A Month in Wrocław | Apr 19, 2017
- Champtoceaux and driving to our next gite[float=left][/float]
Up early for a final cleaning and to finish packing. We telephoned our hosts to tell them we were ready for checkou Posted by Beausoleil in Pays de la Loire - the Western Loire | Apr 18, 2017
- My experience in UkraineGoing to Ukraine, a tourist needs to know the following:
Numerous frightening stories about military operations and dangers of visiting the capital are all far from being true. Yes, there is a crisis in the east of the country, but people Posted by Marcus170710 in Countries I've visited | Apr 10, 2017
- The Story of Sohni Mahiwal – A tragic love storySohni Mahiwal is one of the four popular tragic romances of the Punjab and Sindh, the other three are Heer Ranjha, Mirza Sahiba and Sassi Punnun.
Sohni was the daughter of a potte Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Apr 4, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017[center]ANOTHER FULL DAY IN LIMA[/center]
Lima historic centre
Today I am heading into the Central Historic area of Lima where I know I am going to find lots of buildings Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 30, 2017
- Summer in Peru - 2017It's my first full day in Lima, so after a hearty breakfast I am on a walking mission to see as much as I can today
My Hotel was located in San Martin Plaza which is a beautiful park established July Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Peru | Mar 23, 2017
- Moving to Nice and turning in our car[float=left][/float]
Up early to finish packing and clean our gite. We breezed through and were ready right on time so relaxed and waited for Claude who was a few minutes late. We thanked he Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Mar 18, 2017
- Bandung, the great old and new city in West Java=="Kota Bandung, the great new City in West Java" Bandung by ullfri49==
(Content yet will be completed)
My impressions in and around Bandung
Shure there is much to write and to say about Bandung, the great capital of West Java. Bu Posted by ullfri49 in Travel to Indonesia | Mar 3, 2017
- Ambon Manisé - sweet Ambon town==Ambon Manisè - sweet Ambon town==
(will next time be completed)
Ambon town the capital of Maluku Province, the great long city at the north bay side of the south part of the unique double island. Here the view at the Posted by ullfri49 in Travel to Indonesia | Feb 26, 2017
- Travels &/or Food ~ getting to know others==my first holiday== away from home,
===in the forties, was it ?=== i have a few photos , to be unearthed from the dusty boxes,
but the mind is an incredible storage of pictures and happenings.
What do i remember
. . . Posted by kenhuocj in Travels educate, food delights | Feb 25, 2017
- Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque and Roussillon Up early and checked our laundry. It’s been windy since we arrived; we hung laundry to dry and the wind immediately stopped. Laundry was still damp so we Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 22, 2017
- Bichl - Very charming little village in southern Bavaria
I had planned to visit Bichl since several years because I had seen and read so much about its beautiful little church. But it took until August 2016 until I Posted by Trekki in Bavarian Discoveries | Feb 22, 2017
- Arles -- art, history, bull fighting Up early and had breakfast. Checked tourist brochures in a basket here then packed cameras and set off for a day in Arles. We managed to get there i Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 21, 2017
- A quiet Sunday visiting Eygalières and Chapel St. Sixte Woke and all managed to shower without problems. We had ghosts slamming doors last night so no one got much sleep. Drove to G Posted by Beausoleil in Provence in September | Feb 19, 2017
- Ewigkeitssonntag - Eternity Sunday
The last Sunday of the church year, five weeks before Christmas, is celebrated as memorial day for the defunct in the Protestant churches. The older name was Totensonntag (Sunday of th Posted by Kathrin_E in Germany's Calendar | Feb 14, 2017
- Pfingsten - Pentecost/Whitsunday
Pfingsten is celebrated on the 50th day after Easter and marks the coming of the Holy Spirit and is the birthday of the worldwide church. Unlike Christmas and Easter there are no tradition Posted by Kathrin_E in Germany's Calendar | Feb 13, 2017
- Himmelfahrt/Vatertag - Ascension/Fathers DayThe Ascension of Christ is celebrated 39 days after Easter and 10 days before Pentecost, so it is always on a Thursday. It is a public holiday in the whole of Germany, meaning that shops are closed and public transport Posted by Kathrin_E in Germany's Calendar | Feb 13, 2017
- Weißer Sonntag - "White Sunday"
Weißer Sonntag is not to be mixed up with Whitsunday (Pentecost, Pfingsten). It is the first Sunday after Easter when the catholic parishes traditionally celebrate the first Holy Co Posted by Kathrin_E in Germany's Calendar | Feb 13, 2017
- It's time to turn east . . . We were trying to get a feel for the entire country in a month . . . an impossible feat, but we didn't know it then. Any experience in France must inc Posted by Beausoleil in France in Thirty Days | Feb 3, 2017
- visiting rural points along the Pan American Highway....From the start…….
We all met before the trek in Texas, socialized and inspected the vehicles, paperwork, and
prepared to enter into the journey of a lifetime!
THEN it started…
YOU COULD NOT IMAGINE DRIVING INTO LATIN AMERICA IN YOUR OWN RV1
“I really Posted by rvcampertravele in RV USA to South America | Feb 1, 2017
- A special place===The island of Chiloe===
Islands are often special places, removed as much in their culture from the mainland as they are physically separate from it. Chiloé is no exception.
Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels | Jan 29, 2017
- Day 26 Queensland to Western Australia[center][/center]Scenery at Northampton
Today, we depart early from Geraldton and head along Highway 1, the NW Coastal Highway to Kalbarri, our destination for a couple of nights.
It is Posted by balhannahrise in Time to hit the road with Dee | Jan 28, 2017