Blog Entries tagged 'churches'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'churches'
- Camino Day 9: The Rendezvous [center] [/center]
Recognizing quickly that the main Peregrino fold advanced from town to town per guidebook suggestions, this pattern was dodged quickly. M Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 12, 2017
- Santiago October 2016 - day two==Exploring the city==
Street musician in Providencia
Our first challenge on the first day of our visit to Santiago was to change some money. It’s quite har Posted by ToonSarah in Sarah's travels (both past and present) | Jan 12, 2017
- My African Christmas[float=right][/float]I celebrated Christmas 2016 by sitting eight hours in a bus, before eating a magnifi Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Jan 8, 2017
- Camino Day 8: Illuminating Ava Maria [center][/center]
The aching in my legs along with the stirring of bunkmates were the root causes of an early rousing. Decision made to pack up and hea Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Jan 4, 2017
- NZ 2016 – Day 3 - Christchurch to Franz Josef – Franz Josef ==Franz Josef Glacier==
We continued through the town, across the Waiho River to the car park of the glacier. Unfortunately, the glacier has receded so much, we didn't have time to walk to the face. It's on my list Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 22, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – OverviewThis was my last full day wandering around before the tour started. I made the most of it by going to:
• Punting on the Avon
• Rebuild Tour
• Christchurch Gondola
• Wandering Worcester Boulevard
Once I was back at the hotel, I went to the dinner Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 4 – Wandering around==Christchurch Wandering==
I didn't have a lot of time to get back to the hotel before I was due to meet the tour group, but I just took my time wandering back to the hotel along Worcester Boulevard to Cathedral Square.
[center][img=http://photos.travel Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 2 - Christchurch – Part 2 – Rebuild Tour==Rebuild Tour==
Before I left home, I booked a ticket on the Rebuild Tour, as I wanted to get a local's insight into how things had changed and to see the major sites that had been rebuilt since the earthquakes.
I had Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 21, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Overview – August 2016Today was my first day in New Zealand (on this trip - I had been here previously in 2013) and I spent it in Christchurch. It was partly cloudy, and a lovely 7C / 44F.
I went saw:
• Avon River
• Construction around the Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Oct 14, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 4 – August 2016==Christchurch Cathedral==
The Christchurch Cathedral was built between 1864 and 1901. Unfortunately, it has been badly damaged in the recent earthquakes, and part of the front façade was demolished after the earthquakes. There is great debate at the m Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 25, 2016
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 3 – August 2016==Cathedral Square==
[quote]Cathedral Square, locally known simply as the Square, is the geographical centre and heart of Christchurch, New Zealand, where the city's Anglican cathedral, Christchurch Cathedral is located. The square stands at the theoreti Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 25, 2016
- Short Break on the Mani Peninsula
'A ship is safe in the harbour - but that's not what ships are built for. - Gael Attal'
Having found some reasonable flights to Kalamata, we decided to travel down the Mani Peninsula a part of Greece we had not Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 20, 2016
- Pisa & Rome - Tourism on Steroids, but it has to be doneWe leave Toscana with sadness as we know we were leaving tranquillity and launching ourselves into two of the most tourist visited cities in the world.
The first part was a flying stop off in Pisa which is exactly what Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Jul 28, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Tauentzienstrasse and KurfürstendammI walked along the Tauentzienstraße and Kurfürstendamm and into shops, including the famous KaDeWe (pronounced Ca De Ve), which was the main shopping centre in West Berlin. I found some cool boots (that I didn’t buy as I couldn’t ever Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Waking In GermanyI woke in the morning after a pretty good sleep (just myself and one other in my couchette on the train from Paris), to snow on the ground outside! To someone who lives in Sydney, Australia, snow is a big Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Arriving In Germany And Berlin Wandering – Europe 2013Arriving in Germany was pretty cool – as in cold! There was snow!! The average temp for the day was only 4C / 39F.
I spent the day on a hop-on-hop-off bus around Berlin and saw the following sights:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Tauentzienstr Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 6 Brugge – Wandering BruggeGetting up this morning it was quite cold and damp. I did some wandering until the rain set in.
Areas around my hotel (my room was the upper dormer window on the right hand side of the white building, and Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Ireland Day 2: Books, Beetles, Whiskey, and Jail (Gaol?)[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/681070/90_CD322227ECE41A76BB5C75310E16E5DF Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Jul 12, 2016
- The Hague Part 2I will talk about some of the more touristic activity in this entry.
To start things off, this is the Binnenhof (inner court) where almost all the important decision get made.
The B Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Jul 10, 2016
- Day 5 Brugge – Wandering Around The City (Daytime)I arrived in Bruges and made my way to my hotel. It was in an amazing location and the view was great, but I should have listened to the reviews, as it wasn’t very clean or comfortable. My Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 4 Reims – Wandering The TownWhen I left the station at Reims, I turned left and walked through a lovely park and headed towards La Porte de Mars, an old Roman ruin.
[center][img=http://photos.trave Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- FROM NORTHERN PERU TO ECUADORAfter an amazing time in Cuzco, I was planning to spend a couple of days in Mancora in the North of Peru before crossing over to Ecuador. But my journey there was more complicated than planned... I had booked a Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 30, 2016
- Day 3 Paris – Notre Dame TowersAfter getting the train from Versailles, I headed to Notre Dame Cathedral and bought my ticket for the tower tours. I had seen many photos of Paris taken from these towers, and I really had to see it for Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jun 23, 2016
- "Brews With Views"20th & 21st June'16:
Proud of their heritage & rich cultural history & with a reputation for good cuisine.!!..That's what you get when you are in the Ribble Valley & that's where I've been hiding out for the last two Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jun 21, 2016
- CUZCO & THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU!Ryan and I flew to Cuzco to meet with our friends Meera, Nikita and Nira who had just arrived from London that day. It was nice to hang out with them as we got to explore this beautiful city. It Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 17, 2016