Blog Entries tagged 'city'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'city'
- Where are the students?The media in the US and México are covering the disappearance of 43 university students missing from the Mexican state of Guerrero. I think there should be more media coverage in the US since US policy is an integral part Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Nov 9, 2014
- New Yorkers in the house!What better way to ease back into thoughts of home and work but to have colleagues from New York join us? For a week I was lucky to have Joan Byron and Elena Conte from the Pratt Center here in Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Nov 8, 2014
- Wonky thoughts: Sundays in the park and on the streets[float=left]
During our month-long stay in Mexico City, Chad and I ventured out along with tens of thousands every Sunday to walk, run and take in a little cardio kick-box Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Nov 8, 2014
- Back in a Big CityI won't compare New York City and Mexico City, but in my Latin America travels so far, this city feels most like home.
Not surprisingly, the city has kept us busy. In addition to more Spanish classes, I've Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Nov 4, 2014
- China September 2014[float=right][/float]
===Visa for China===
To visit China you may need to apply to the Chinese Embassy for a visa. For British citizens applying from the UK this takes 5 to 10 days by post from the Chinese Embassies in London, Manchester Posted by downroute in Downroute | Oct 16, 2014
- JAKARTA - INDONESIAAfter my 5 days in Borneo, I flew to Jakarta, Indonesia. Jakarta was just supposed to be a one night thing before heading to Yogyakarta to see Borobudur (one of the top things I came to Indonesia to see), but Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- VolverI have a bed, a room, a car, and responsibilities to attend to. So I guess I live here now!
Everything is the same, yet Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Oct 10, 2014
- Beautiful MéxicoWe arrived in Oaxaca City after one of our longest travel days yet: leaving Panama City at about 5:00am and arriving in Oaxaca City early evening. Much of that time was spent on a bus to Oaxaca City from Mexico Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 9, 2014
- Shiny, New SubwayThere really was no need for us to take the subway, but how could I pass up the opportunity to ride a brand new subway? It opened in April as the first line of a broader transportation plan for this Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- Wonky thoughts: Panama City's Casco ViejoI had an amazing time walking around Casco Viejo and I couldn't help but think how this kind of development would play out in New York City. It is one of the oldest parts of Panama City and the area, Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- Partying with the PanamaniansWhen a former colleague of Chad's who is from Colon, Panama learned we would be in Latin America during the summer, the invitations rolled in: a wedding anniversary, two birthday parties and a biannual family reunion. It was a busy Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Oct 7, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of [[http://hotelreview.travellerspoint.com/14/|Prince Plaza ll]] in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was li Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- Salisbury & StonehengeI was staying at Bournemouth so I had to travel to see the Stonehenge! I decided to travel by myself so I booked a tour online, packed my bags and was ready for witnessing my dream place! The mini bus Posted by AkshayBhagat in Travel Diaries | Sep 30, 2014
- Kanazawa, The City of Gold.==Introduction==
Kanazawa (金沢) is located in Ishikawa prefecture in the Hokuriku region of Japan, which is situated along the west coast of the main island facing the Sea of Japan. Like Kyoto, Kanazawa is a city of modernity with reminiscence Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Kanazawa, The City of Gold. | Sep 26, 2014
- An Irkutsk Vintage on WheelsIrkutsk, August 1st 2014
As I had been [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/46/|fascinated by the buses but mostly by the trams, in Khabarovsk]], so was I in Irkutsk. I wanted to scream, Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Sep 16, 2014
- Krasnoyarsk the CityKrasnoyarsk, July 26 - 28th 2014
With our mind lingering on Stolby, let me show you a few shots from the parking area.
You remember the bird-tree-house I showed you in previous post about Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 26, 2014
- Novosibirsk, the City at a GlanceNovosibirsk, July 26th 2014
Good morning, Russia! This is the street near my hostel, from where I started my [[http://callmesonja.travellerspoint.com/75/|money-changer-quest]]. Along Posted by automidori in Call Me Sonja | Aug 18, 2014
- Same, Same--only different[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/688129/Cathedral_of_Notre_Dame.jpg thumb=http://photos.tr Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 27, 2014
- What is the Message Being Told Here?
After an uneventful transfer day from Hoi An to Danang to Ho Chi Minh City, our travel party is fully together for the first time this trip. Tra arrived from Hanoi last night, s Posted by MJMullin in When Historical Stories Meet the Present | Jul 26, 2014
- Revisiting the Vietnam War
Reunification Palace in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I actually slept in, today. I am not sure if that means my body i Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jul 1, 2014
- A Day in Hue
A stone dragon decorates the entrance to a palace in Hue
By and large, I enjoy trains. They are almost the perfect Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Jun 29, 2014
- Day 12 - It Isn't Manageable
Started off the day with a Traditional Latin Mass in Victoria. It was very nice, and the church was simple but pretty.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/68107 Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Jun 16, 2014
- ChicagoSee all the photos [[http://s981.photobucket.com/user/danseal/library/USA%20-%20May%20and%20June%202014/Chicago|here]]. Password the same as for the blog.
True to the song, 'my kind of town Chicago is'. Although that's maybe because I did Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Jun 8, 2014
- Buongiorno da Milano - 3 days in Milan, perfect jetlag cure?I have heard many things about Milan none of which have particularly endeared me to the notion of spending even more than one day here. Almost everybody I know who has been here has some story or other about themselves Posted by louvhills in Lou's European Holiday 2014 | May 30, 2014
- Impressions of IstanbulIstanbul is that kind of place where it doesn't matter whether it is burning hot, freaking cold or pouring rain, you will not think about the weather but will want to head out and explore it. Specially if it is Posted by alopezlanda in Short breaks | May 15, 2014