Blog Entries tagged 'community'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'community'
- Have Baby. Will Travel. I've gotten slightly disheartened lately by all of my single friends posts about not having babies. Everyone makes their own decision, or life decides it for them, and I know I shouldn’t take it personally. But one of the pros, Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Oct 4, 2015
- A Different Side of Caribbean Colombia
We had just arrived in Santa Marta and we saw already the massive change from Cartagena. The infrastructure and the socio-economic situation in Santa Marta is definitely not as good as i Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 1, 2015
- Chicken Enchiladas in Creamy Spinach SauceWe're spending the week with my Mexican in-laws, and I'm trying to soak up some Mexican culture and flavors while we're here. At home (still in Mexico) I cook mostly pasta and veggies, rice and veggies, meat and veggies, so Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 29, 2015
- ParadiseIn high school I remember my mom listening to the song "Just Another Day in Paradise." It didn't matter where you were, as long as you were with the people you loved. It was a sweet song, that made me Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Apr 19, 2015
- ACROVINYASA TT DAYS 3-6[center][/center]I could say with confidence that Honza and Claudine's ACROVINYASA teacher training is probably one of the most fun and loving yoga trainings I will ever be a part of.
While one teacher is guiding us through Posted by rachaelob in Adventures of Rachael May | Mar 13, 2015
- I believe we all have a higher purpose... I believe we all have a higher purpose in this life, one that stems from our Divine Origins, and it is greater than any career, any material thing, or anyone for that Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Aug 14, 2014
- Changing times; changing stories.When I first arrived (and indeed, still now) I was having some serious doubts regarding NGO’s; whether they help or hinder, and whether my being here, along with many other western volunteers, was negatively impacting the surrounding area. I still Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Aug 3, 2014
- Safety is in Community, Not in FearThe below was written, and then life changed - as it always does, though arguably more rapidly and dramatically here it feels. A bit of an EDIT therefore (and I've edited the below slightly as well)....I’m still here, in Tanzania, Posted by Jocelynn.R in to Africa we go.... | Jul 10, 2014
I’m currently sitting in an open plaza or square in the middle of Christiania, a unique community in the northeastern part of Copenhagen. I’m surrounded by people sitting on picnic ben Posted by danza in There and back again | Mar 30, 2014
- New BeginningsSo it seems we’ve been getting worse about keeping up on our blog. Life just happens and all of a sudden it’s been four months already! Well, our life has sure has been a roller coaster, to say Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Dec 7, 2013
- How Can We Glorify God?How can we glorify God? This question was raised as part of a sermon this past Sunday at a local church we attended. The pastor mentioned it in a discussion about suffering and why suffering happens in our lives. Obviously Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Mar 27, 2013
- Don't Waste Your Hate....We wanted to start this entry off with some partial lyrics from the song, “Manifesto” by Nahko and Medicine for the People. I highly, highly recommend listening to this song.
You can do so at this link:[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsP2hPVOuZ8|Mani Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Mar 4, 2013
- Show Us Your Stats!A recent [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=93828|question in the forums]] has raised the hot topic of [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/travel-maps.cfm|travel map]] size.
Not usually ones for a travel brag, we thought we would take a qui Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Feb 5, 2013
- Zhexiong's NeighborhoodThe only thing I can remember from the first night in Guangzhou was what felt like a constant reminder from Skyler that he could not sleep. I drifted in and out of sleep for three hours, and finally had to Posted by suveri in Wuhan You | Jan 20, 2013
- IHP Group: Crewe de View Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Jan 21, 2013
- 17 Captivating Photos of People Around the WorldThe [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About:Photo_Competitions/Best_of_2012/|Best of 2012 Photo Competition]] received more than 1100 entries, from which 160 finalists were voted on by five [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About%3APhoto_Competi Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Jan 3, 2013
- Travellerspoint's Top 12 Wildlife PhotosTravel and photography go hand-in-hand for most people and the [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/|Travellerspoint community]] is no different. When we put the call out for our [[http://www.travellerspoint.com/guide/About:Photo_Competitions/Best_of_2012/|Be Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Dec 30, 2012
- The Best Travel Photos of 2012 (http://www.travellerspoint.com/photos/stream/photoID/2088763/features/countries/Myanmar/)
Judge's Prize Winner: A Monk Passer By The U Bein Bridge, [[Myanmar]]. Ph Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Dec 17, 2012
- My Findhorn ExperienceMy Findhorn Experience.
[i]It has been very difficult to write about my experiences at the Findhorn Foundation. I realised that I was talking to a bunch of knowledgeable people. You, my friends at Findhorn and [I hope] beyond. You know about Posted by takinitezy in Findhorn. | Dec 16, 2012
- Perfect PaiPai
It took days to get here from Labuan Bajo which included a boat trip, 2 flights, 3 days on a train and an afternoon in a minibus. After all this I was seriously hoping Pai would live up to Posted by Vicky Bailey in Vicky and Chloe Bailey World Trip | Oct 29, 2012
- The Wild Wild West
I was browsing the Internet when an article popped up on Yahoo. “Mexico: The most dangerous country to visit.” I had recently explored the Mayan Riviera and [b]the only dange Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Aug 3, 2012
- Back to School- Teaching English at the Secondary School
Over the course of my last few blog’s, I have had a focus on Mexico and my adventures in it. Though Mexico and its many adventures has been an amazing experience, [b]I am also here to vo Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Jul 30, 2012
- Day 31- Computer Tutoring
One of our June-July volunteers has been keeping a blog about his experience in our computer tutoring program at Casa HOY. He reminds us that even if you plan out activities (or don't) ;) Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Jul 27, 2012
- What is an "intercambio" at Casa HOY?
For many people in the Spanish speaking study abroad world, “intercambio” means a semester abroad in another country. Literally, the word means “exchange or swap.” For us here Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Jul 25, 2012
- Welcome to Travellerspoint!One of the best parts about joining a community is feeling part of the community, however, we admit most of our members will not have noticed our latest site feature.
We understand that joining a large and active community like [[http://www.travellersp Posted by KellieBarnes in The Travellerspoint Blog | Jun 3, 2012