Blog Entries tagged 'cruise'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'cruise'
- WALVIS BAY, NAMIBIAThe owners of the apartment I rented for 3 days in Swakopmund helped me book a spot on a cruise departing from the harbor in Walvis Bay, out to Pelican Point. It was $500 Namibian Dollars ($62 Canadian), which included Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Dec 2, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: SantoriniSantorini Greece was our first port of call. I could not wait to see the stark white buildings against the bright blue of the sky and sea and to experience a Santorini sunset. So, despite the fact that we would Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Nov 25, 2013
- Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay Junk Boat CruiseWhile sitting for our bus to pick us up, a couple of shoeshiners came over and started trying to mend the holes in Chris' Vans. Seeing as they were beginning to look a bit desperate, he decided to let them Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Nov 23, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Sea Day #1Our first full day of the cruise was a sea day. We had a leisurely morning, beginning with breakfast at Blu. After checking out the morning's view from the balcony, of course.
[img=http:/ Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Nov 15, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: EmbarkationThe day had finally arrived. Despite having already spent time in the incredible cities of Berlin and Rome, the main component of my graduation trip had not even begun - an 11-night Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Reflection. Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Oct 28, 2013
- San Francisco - Day 3 - Castro, a cruise and Coit TowerWe got up early and decided to follow the suggestion given by Joe and Misch the night before and head to Castro for breakfast. We hopped on the light railway and got off exactly in front of the place they Posted by dindiosk in California | Oct 15, 2013
- Girls cruise to AlaskaDay 1 - Making it to the boat
My best friend, Patti, and I had an early flight from Memphis to Seattle. After a connecting flight in Charlotte and a bus ride to the dock, our long awaited girls Posted by tammy_b in Our next great adventure... | Oct 5, 2012
- A German Wander [code][/code]
After one year in colourful and chaotic Latin America, we found ourselves in a strange land far, far away. This land was called 'Germany' though the inhabitants called it 'Deutschland'. It was ordered and neat, things worked as they were Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 12, 2013
- Bruny Island Cruises[img= Posted by Goannaray in Tasmania in Winter with 2 Toddlers...!? | Aug 7, 2013
- The CruiseSo during the night we bobbed along and arrived at White King City. After a magnificent buffet breakfast we hopped on a bus - 4 westerners in a sea of Chinese tourists and off we went to White Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | May 31, 2013
- Experiencing the high life on Lake TiticacaLake Titicaca - breathtaking, fun to say, steeped in history and deeply interesting. The world’s biggest lake at high altitude quickly found its way into our hearts. Sitting at 3800 metres and straddling both Peru and Bolivia, Titicaca is on Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Jun 14, 2013
- LAST DAYWell it is the last day and the last email. Tomorrow we begin our long journey home.
We got up this morning on a mission to get to Vatican City for our tour of the museum and the Sistine Chapel. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Back in Roma...aka RomeApril 2011
Lots of sunshine and heat today!!!! :)
We got off the ship very efficiently at 9 am to meet our bus back to the hotel in Rome. We were settled in time to catch a glimpse of Kate's dress Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Napoli...or Naples for you Non-ItaliansApril 2011
Yesterday was a very lazy day. The weather was terrible so we basically laid around, did homework and read books. The kids spent some time in the arcade. We did attend a talk by the Captain in the morning Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- BLOODY PRIME RIB AGAINToday was a lazy day at sea. By the time we had finished breakfast people had already started eating lunch. The good news was we finally saw some sun!!!
After breakfast we headed outside for the long anticipated (by Isaac) Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Stoned in IstanbulApril 2011
We have just set sail from Istanbul for 2 full days at sea. We are beat so sleeping in tomorrow will be appreciated.
So Mother of the Year, tha[img=http://photos.t Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Istanbul not ConstantinopleI bet I have that spelled wrong!
So we are currently in Istanbul, Turkey....one of my favorite cities...happy to be back!
We were at sea all day yesterday and were super lazy. I did gu Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- RHODESApril 2011
As I write this I have no signal coverage but I'll write anyway. I am also completely depressed. As I walked back to my room tonight I passed the Royal Caribbean cookbook so decided to take a peak. So Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Loving Kusadasi, Turkey and LambApril 2011
We had a wonderful day in Kusadasi and unlike yesterday our tour was excellent. Because we didn't choose to visit the very popular site of Ephesus, we only had about 12 people on our tour which was great and Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- AthensApril 2011
We docked in Athens around 11 am and were off the ship by 11:30 am for a whirlwind visit. We booked a shore excursion here that took us into the city and provided a tour of the Acropolis. That Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Inline Skating and Rough SeasApril 2011
I was just crawling into bed when the light came on my phone indicating I had service...must be getting close to land again.
So we have survived our first full day at sea. Both Sherry and I have Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | May 25, 2013
- Langkawi: The Jewel of Kedah
[img=http://pho Posted by gobannanas in Sue & Ed Go Bananas in South East Asia | Mar 17, 2013
- Experience on travelling on Halong BayEach region has a different cultural space. Located in northeastern Vietnam, Halong bay is part of the west coast of the Gulf of Tonkin. This destination is more than just the beauty of nature, but it also hiding some story Posted by Lynn K in Experience travelling on Halong bay | Apr 19, 2013
- Chios, GreeceWell, we've lost a full 50 hours. It's now Tuesday and at 6am, the med center calls to spring us from quarantine, in time for our Princess excursion to Pyrgi and Mesta. Typically, we prefer to bypass Princess excursions in Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 12, 2013
- Introducing, DoooooomWe now interrupt our previously scheduled cruise review for this important safety message:
Wash your hands. Use the sanitizer. Don't lick your fingers and then handle the serving tongs. Don't reach into the container of raisins by the oatmeal with your Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 12, 2013