Blog Entries tagged 'cruises'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'cruises'
- One day to go...The last day at work also coincides with the last day of the school term here in sunny (it actually is sunny today) Islington. The last few hours at work seem to drag as well. We've had a birthday Posted by InvictaMoto in First Cruise | Jul 20, 2012
- CRUISE VACATIONCRUISE FACT: Cruises give travelers the convenience of packing and unpacking once, the comfort of a “home away from home” for the duration of the trip, but also the opportunity to visit a multitude of destinations on one vacation.
When Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Sep 11, 2011
- Travel Smart: More Americans go on cruisesAnd to think it all started with the Love Boat.
About 1 in 4 Americans -- 78 million of us -- has taken a cruise, a new survey by Cruise Lines International Association finds.
Our favorite cruise itineraries? The Caribbean is still Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Sep 11, 2011
- Up the Gorge without a camera
This is us on a boat trip at Nitmiluk, formerly known as Katherine Gorge. Actually, it's not us. In our rush to get to the boat on time we left the camera at our accommodation. Anywa Posted by kecasumi in Big Chunk | Jun 9, 2011
- Nội thất du thuyền siêu sang Paradise Peak trên Vịnh Hạ LongNội thất du thuyền siêu sang Paradise Peak trên Vịnh Hạ Long
Là thương hiệu mới nhất trong 04 thương hiệu (Luxury, Privilege, Explorer và Peak) của Công ty cổ phần du thuyền 5* Tuần Châu - Paradise Cruises, Paradise Peak Posted by khacluat in Halong Cruises | May 5, 2011
- Testing one two, testing one twoOk...the Holidays are behind us. We are 106 days away from our flight to Shanghai for our 2 week Viking River Cruise up the Yangtzee. So far have read one great book about China, "China Road" by NPR's Rob Gifford Posted by daveoc in Boomer's Journeys | Jan 14, 2011
- Out to Sea: The Next Journey BeginsMy latest attempt at money making has me signed up for six months aboard a 152-foot cruise ship that will be sailing the Columbia and Snake rivers this fall, and down the west coast to Baja California, Mexico this winter. Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 25, 2010
- Can you hike in Greece and Where?Greece is a walkers paradise and many Europeans and American go there in the off-season to hike the mountain trails and ancient roads and paths on the islands and Greek mainland.
Places to hike:
Delphi = People having been coming to Delphi Posted by Go2Greece in Hiking & Backpacking throughout Greece | Oct 19, 2010
- Slán go fóill!I’ve been back in Canada for a week now and have had time to collect my thoughts for my last entry. Thanks to my parents, I’ve had the trip of a lifetime, on a scale that I probably won’t be Posted by Mireille C in Cruising 'round the British Isles | Aug 30, 2010
- “Day at sea”Rest day. Needed…
Captain’s Dinner tonight being the start of the next leg. And as such we get six courses instead of the usual five (with 2 to 4 choices on each course). This leg we are joined by a group Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 26, 2010
- Suez Canal
A day on the ship as we transit the Suez Canal. 21 ships heading north; we are number 13 in the convoy. 23 ships heading south which were anchored in the big lake in the middle awaiting o Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 26, 2010
- "At Sea"Day 8 “Day at Sea” Saturday 4 April 2009
Due to the recent kidnapping of foreign nationals, the British government has advised against “non-essential travel to the whole of Yemen”. The ship will now skip both the scheduled Yemen ports Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 23, 2010
- “Day at Sea”A typical day at sea is very busy with a huge range of activities – mainly aimed at the predominate older guests. Today there are 31 activities between 8:30 and 17:15. An example for 14:30 time slot is the four Posted by dpedler in MV Discovery - 2009 | Aug 22, 2010
- Cathedrals and CausewayWell folks, I'm all dressed up for the formal night, and after a lovely dinner and a show, mum and dad are going to bed. That leaves me with in a silk dress with my hair up and nails done...typing Posted by Mireille C in Cruising 'round the British Isles | Aug 17, 2010
- Dubrovnik & VeniceSo, this will be my longest post, as I have put in some extra time. I've also brought down my little journal to add some other details I may have missed. Still no pictures, though.
So, first the update Posted by tracebc in trace evidence | Aug 15, 2010
- Corfu today; sea yesterday; Athens the day beforeWe're still having marvelous weather! Athens was warm, but all our tours are early in the morning, so we're back on board before the real heat hits.
The Acropolis is much bigger than I expected, actually! I thought it Posted by tracebc in trace evidence | Aug 13, 2010
- Ephesus and Santorini updateSantorini, or the city of Fira on Santorini, looks like a city made of marzipan draped over the top of the island, from our ship. It's very pretty, but the heat made really enjoying it difficult. We looked Posted by tracebc in trace evidence | Aug 10, 2010
- At sea somewhere between Naples and SantoriniOur drive to the port was pretty! The driver pointed out the house where he lives along the way - it was a little house in a farming area outside of the city. He played "Arrivederci Roma" on Posted by tracebc in trace evidence | Aug 8, 2010
- Travelling the World on Wheels.I am bored and clueless, sick and tired of filling in job applications online and not getting hold of any job (FYI I’m a double Masters with good grades but still unemployed. Please do not study a lot unless or Posted by nadiahmed in Travelling the World on Wheels. | Aug 6, 2010
- Day TwoHoi!
So this morning started with me waking myself up with my own snoring, how attractive, my nose is still blocked from sort of being half sick, lucky being in the heat is helping it go away!!
Then we all Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 2, 2010
- Beautiful Avignon!We arrived in Avignon late last evening. We could hear loud music nearby on shore to celebrate the Festival of Music. Apparently, it went on until 3 am but we slept right through it. If we hadn't been so tired, Posted by Dee Eva in Dee's Blog | Jun 22, 2010
- End of the Business TripWell, it’s been a week and just like I promised, another blog entry. First time for everything, right? I’m currently at the Hangzhou Airport after 3 weeks back on the mainland, waiting for my flight back to Hong Posted by bengully in Ben's China Adventures | Jun 20, 2010
- Australia: The most expensive place in the worldAfter another amazing Qantas flight where we were fed and given films to entertain us, we landed in Perth only to spend 25 hours getting through customs...apparently they're quite strict considering Captain Cook is one of our brothers. It Posted by noodz4loz in Babez on Round the World Tour 2010 | May 22, 2010
- What was your cruise like?The South Pacific is the ideal destination for winding down and recharging the batteries. But what about getting there on a cruise ship?
After a week at sea my mind is made up. Its great! Of course, any holiday is what Posted by karob in South Pacific Postcard | May 20, 2010
- Amazing Ha Long BayWe left Hanoi on a shuttle bus with our tour guide Khoa and 10 other tourists. It took about 3 hours and a half to arrive to Ha Long. We stopped for a 20 minute short break on the way Posted by xuxujolie in Amazing Ha Long Bay | May 14, 2010