Blog Entries tagged 'ecotourism'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'ecotourism'
- My SonPrimarily our trip to Vietnam was for a beach holiday, but as I already said we thought we should visit the main cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as well, and while we were at it thought we should Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 30, 2012
- A wonderful trip to Gran CanariaI am at home back after a great holidays in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands and I would like to share with you some of my experiences over there. Although the island is well known as a wonderful resort spot with Posted by deholiday in A wonderful trip to Gran Canaria | Jun 14, 2012
- Reflections On CambodiaHello from the beautiful town of Dalat in Vietnam's central highlands! Avery and I were having so much fun in Cambodia, we forgot to write. Oops. Hope you weren't worried that we were eaten by a cobra Posted by Sam.and.Avery in Float On | Feb 28, 2012
- After 17 monthsOK, so I have been in Ecuador for 17 months now, and have seen and done some incredible things. I experimented with Ayahuasca with the Tsachila, gone whale watching at the height of their migration, straddled the equator (after Posted by bpnelson in DOING RIGHT BY PACHAMAMA | Jul 12, 2011
- Fiji I always knew that I wanted to travel. I thought with a world so big and full of possibility, who wouldn’t want see it all? Growing up in America, we’re told we live in the greatest country in the world, Posted by ThePaintedGypsy in The Painted Gypsy | Jun 23, 2011
- Ecotourist or intruder?Ecotourists or Intruders?
Beads of perspiration gave way to rivulets of sweat which now drenched my whole body, the heat and humidity suffocating as we slowly edged our way uphill, each step a supreme effort in the slippery red mud. We Posted by baluba in A new kind of adventure | Jun 23, 2011
- Wara Wara sa Galera ;-)[b]=====[b]Sa 10 years ko sa Manila ngayon lang ako nag try to travel to Puerto Galera, without bebicomz very strong convincing power, di siguro talaga ako pupunta sa place na 'to. Kasi ba naman halos lahat ng tao na kakilala Posted by donna_sage in It's a small Philippines after all! | Dec 2, 2010
- Donauinsel (Danube Island)It's time to tell you about Donauinsel.
DONAUINSEL - SOME BACKGROUND
The Donauinsel (Danube Island) is a long, narrow artifical island, between the Danube river and the parallel excavated channel Neue Donau ("New Danube"). The island is Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Jul 7, 2010
- Montecristi[img=htt Posted by Anniandrea in traveln'living | Aug 25, 2010
- 17 The Great Southern Region of W.A. Part 217th August
Sadly, we had to depart peaceful Pemberton and the lovely CP as we headed for Walpole, WA. The road was good and an enjoyable journey made a change as we travelled through pleasant forests with some farms.
Our arrival Posted by psstevo in Round the Block | Aug 25, 2010
- Santa Marianita_Beach life styleSanta Marianita has become a great place to experience the ultimate beach life style.
The windy season is from May to November and there is two equally good Kite Surfing Schools.
It all started back in the days when a couple of Posted by Anniandrea in traveln'living | Aug 23, 2010
- Cycling Around Iceland!From Forrest falls to smokey bays : THE FULL CIRCLE!
After leaving the comfortable little town of Vík it wasn't long before we arrived in Skógar, an even smaller Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Aug 13, 2010
- San AugustinSo after a long bus ride to the town Popayan we spent the night and wandered round the quaint little white washed streets. Other than that there wasnt really much else to do there, so we headed on to San Posted by St Martins in Sadie and James | Aug 12, 2010
- The Sungai Relau entry pointGetting away from the tourist crowd to enjoy pristine trekking - that's what appealed to me about Sungai Relau. Also the possibility of getting to the park's highest mountain quicker was especially an exciting prospect.
Unfortunately the unexpected 6 Posted by uboat69 in Malaysia - off the tourist track | Aug 8, 2010
- Cycling Around Iceland!Danger from Katla
Arriving in Vík í Mýrdal, southern Iceland in the early hours of the morning was spectacular. The weather was still. The inhabitants of which is around 300, were Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Aug 6, 2010
- Networking: Knowing people takes you places While I was at Professor Shitemi’s home the last weekend, she was finishing the final preparations for the DAAD conference at Moi University for the following week. The more I learned about the conference, the more interested I became. The Posted by WendiBandi in Venturing into Kenya: Wendi's Adventures | Aug 5, 2010
- Standing on top of the worldAs I said yesterday, the skies were blue, there was no rain so what did we do?? Our option 1, that we'd deferred from the day before of course! What was it?? A cable car up through Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 27, 2010
- Puerto Lopez_ Ecuador_ by Annia LarkinsPuerto Lopez is a charming fishing village in the middle of la Ruta del Sol.
Its in between Manta and Montanita.
It has a real local character. Most if its local people are closely related to their indigenous ancestor's Posted by Anniandrea in traveln'living | Jul 26, 2010
- New Zealand: Life without the familyBack at our hostel in Christchurch, we set about dinner on our own, feeling a bit down having left the family. Obviously food was the only thing that could cheer us up and we were thrilled to be handed Posted by noodz4loz in Babez on Round the World Tour 2010 | Jul 24, 2010
- Cycling Around Iceland!Icelandic Alps, fires & floods!
Skaftafell National Park is located in the south of Iceland. Dominating the skyline and a huge amount of tourist interest. The national park lies in between Kirkjubæjarklaustu Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 24, 2010
- Cycling Around Iceland!Black beaches & glistening glaciers, all in the spectacular south!!!
As we moved into the apparent 'wettest' area of Iceland, we were in for an immediate surprise. Not rays of sunshine Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 20, 2010
- Cycling around IcelandHeading South....
Leaving Egilsstadir was actually quite upsetting... after a few days in this cheeky little town I felt quite attatched. I believe it was a mix of the warm hospitality shown by the Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 18, 2010
- Whaling is failing in Iceland! Whaling is failing in Iceland...
Whaling in Iceland dates back into the depths of Norse history and culture. No industrial sized action was then in place, rather conflicts between Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 13, 2010
- Cycling Around IcelandIcelandic Lock Ness in Egilsstadir.....
Upon first viewing of the title of this article you could wander what I'm on about?! A Scottish lock in Iceland?! Well... not really the lake or a lock, more Posted by tchgate in Cycling Around Iceland | Jul 12, 2010
- La Ruta del SolLa Ruta del Sol
I grew up doing this beautiful panoramic road trip and love every bit of it....
Most people who travel through Ecuador go to Galapagos and the highlands but the coast is one of our best kept secrets.
This road Posted by Anniandrea in traveln'living | Jul 4, 2010