Blog Entries tagged 'educational'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'educational'
- Canadian Rockies Bimble - The road to HopeBike collected and the first day on the road...to Hope.
For film buffs and Rambo fans (not necessarily the same thing) you will have seen Hope, but it may have been pretending to be somewhere else. [b]The first Rambo was filmed Posted by Mick G in Motorcycle Bimbles | May 30, 2016
- Teaching at the Himalayan Culture SchoolMy first day of teaching began when I got two conflicting schedules from the principal, who, if his office is any reflection, is rather disorganized. In addition to English, I am also teaching social studies and science.
The kids have Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 14, 2014
- Kathmandu to Border with TibetWhy do people have 'bucket lists' or 'life lists' as the more positive amongst us prefer to call them! And why do Buddhists believe all life is suffering? I was reflecting on this - or at least i would have Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 16, 2013
- On the RoadTravelling by any means in Nepal is an adventure. Our few days watching traffic in Kathmandu, travelling by kamikaze taxi, and dodging,cycles,rickshaws,motorcycles,cars, trucks and buses while on foot,had given us some serious misgivings about choosing to Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Pashupatinath, KathmanduReligions are everywhere in Kathmandu and Nepal. Hinduism , Buddhism, Christianity,Islam and every other religion you can name, can probably be found somewhere in Kathmandu. However, central to most is Hinduism.
Temple's are everywhere, and shrines are Posted by Mick G in Nepal | Nov 2, 2013
- Carl Hans Lody and Immo HopmanI doubt if anyone has heard of these two people,but their story is nonetheless remarkable and worth telling.
While wandering around Lubeck I came across this plaque on the city wall:
Carl Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 1, 2013
- ColditzWe travelled South from Binz through the former East Germany to an overnight stop near Frankfurt an der Oder. Next day,after an early start we arrived at our accommodation near Dresden during the morning with a view to visiting Colditz Posted by Mick G in The Baltic Sea to the Tatra Mountains | Jul 1, 2013
- The 1968 Winter Olympics
We left the Cote d'Azur minus three people from our original group. Yet, we still remained a small village roaming the streets of France.
As our time in Nice came to an end, the next mo Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 17, 2011
- Seriously, You're Too Loud in Frigid Paris
'Everyone enjoys the Mona Lisa, but opposite it is an even more impressive painting'
Our final stage of spring break in France culminated in Paris. In order to keep track of Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 17, 2011
- Breaking Down FranceThe week leading up to my first trip since returning from our around the world trip (http://tulsatrot.travellerspoint.com), I started getting that anxious anticipation of packing my green backpack and setting out on another adventure. This time Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 17, 2011
- My first Bike experience :)
What a week-end...
lots of first time experiences...small steps for humanity...big wheels for my kids Posted by Prométour in Montréal | Apr 11, 2011
- The last weekThis past week marked my last official week here in the Suomi. It started with a hectic schedule of all-day lectures (Strategic Management theories in healthcare and social organisations AND leadership theories in healthcare and social organisations) wit Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 29, 2010
- Ich wohne seit fast 2 Monate in Berlinthings like blogging and journaling have fallen by the wayside over the past months. call it my settling-in period. it's not for lack of interesting things to write about. i could have written about the struggle to find a WG Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Oct 20, 2010
- The last few days.....The last few days have been mellow for me. I have so many things to do just for my Finland courses that thinking about it exhausts me. I have 5 courses at [[http://www.uef.fi|UEF]] that run till November/December and I have Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 20, 2010
- Seeing real snow for the 1st time in my life!Hmmmmmm! where do I start?! :)
The past 4 or so days burnt me lots. I was preparing for the Design Agent design brief and it drained me. Spending time at the design academy is really one of my most Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 14, 2010
- Pressure cookerThe last few days have seen me watch more online videos than ever, mainly because I dont sleep much and i have to watch something in between books to avoid falling asleep. I know, lame excuse but it works for Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 11, 2010
- Ending September....I had a hectic last week of September. Before then I was stuck on looking forward to my first course lectures at UEF, and the possibility of having to drop my design courses in case the public health course require Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Oct 4, 2010
- Health Informatics courseThe last few days have been great. I have more friends now so being here is warming up regardless of the declining weather. Friday I got invited to join my Chec Republic & Slovakian friends at Passions club and I Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 27, 2010
- Rush!!As mentioned before I am attending undergrad (Bachelor) courses on Product visualization (using Kerkythea 3D rendering software + Rhinoceros 4) and one on semiotics of user interface design (strictly taught in Soumi!) at Savonia Design Academy.[i](If you Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 21, 2010
- Surfing Couches, Hunting Apartmentsday one in Berlin: after a restless sleep on the train from Augsburg (thanks, snoring man) and trekking all over the city since arriving that morning to look at WG-Zimmer after WG-Zimmer, i drag myself up three flights of stairs Posted by ctamler in Wenn schon, denn schon | Sep 6, 2010
- Warming up to the FinnsThe last few days have been very hectic on me. I have signed up to attend some Industrial Design undergraduate classes and they drain my energy because everyday I am on the bike at past 7 in the morning, paddling Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Sep 5, 2010
- 29.08.2010Hei hå!
Alt er bare bra her nede, og siden sist har jeg gjort masse spennende. Eller ikke så mye spennende, men en spennende ting: har vært på Expo 2010. Var utrolig kult! Hadde noen bilder, men nettet i Kina har Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Aug 29, 2010
- A whole new experience!!As I may have told you; I am signed up at the Savonia Design Academy here in Kuopio to get more knowledge into my young mind. The main pre-organised course for me is Service Design and that is going well Posted by Kratos in My Finland experience | Aug 26, 2010
- Hagen min er storre og finere enn din ja!Bruker vertsfamilien sin pc at the moment, derfor litt rar skriving, hihi!
Gikk en tur rundt i hagen min, som er stoooor og fin!
[img=ht Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Aug 25, 2010
- OppdateringHei igjen!
på lørdag skulle vi jo egentlig til den kinesiske mur, og alle gledet seg kjempemasse, men siden Beijings himmel hadde bestemt seg for å virkelig åpne seg denne dagen dro vi heller til til den Olympiske gården og nasjonalteatret. Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Aug 23, 2010