Blog Entries tagged 'educational'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'educational'
- Voices of Oklahoma Web Story on Being a Fulbright in BhutanThe Voices of Oklahoma Web Magazine has just published this article on our visit to Bhutan:
There is a great photo essay with pictures taken b Posted by mgivel in Bhutan Diary | Feb 11, 2010
- A Day with The PrincesThinking is the enemy of doing. The more you think about a thing the less likely you are to do it and live your life.
So said my Turkish friend Mehmetcan as we were killing time outside customs a week Posted by LeillaC in turkey with a splash of cran | Feb 9, 2010
- Saturday evening in MalagaBonjour all, hope all is in order with everyone.
Life here is still muy beuno and I am still having these wonderful moments when I suddenly realise that I am wonderfully happy. It has a lot to do with the students Posted by Sarnia in Sarnia's travels | Feb 6, 2010
- SchoolCiao tutti!
How are you all? I’m doing pretty good, just had a very nice home cooked lunch with my roommate, who just went back to school. My classes are from nine to one each day. I’m in the BII Posted by suitjamas in My gapyear | Feb 4, 2010
- March 31st 2010Sunday 31st January 2010
Hello everyone, how are you all diddling then?
Today some friends and I went for a walk to the centre of Malaga in the sunshine and very enjoyable it was too. We had 21 C but it felt Posted by Sarnia in Sarnia's travels | Feb 3, 2010
- Second SemesterSo as of now, not much chance of traveling. Gotta study and get good grades, but I am going to NY on an FBLA trip! Excited to see all the banks... but we're going to see other stuff too, like Posted by 2013ali1 in I'm walking on sunshine | Feb 2, 2010
- Salta, Jujuy, Tolar GrandeAside from spending time with Carlos, Nadja and the Kaplan family, Cordoba was unremarkable. I was there for too long but maybe there was a reason. I thought I would be traveling to the north of Argentina alone but Posted by jackiekslp in *Following the Sun* | Jan 30, 2010
- ClassesMonday was the first day of classes. Went to Nutrition first, seemed fairly normal, only one exam, which was different but apparently that's the norm here. Borrowed my nutrition book from the library (Yeah, you can do that here, nice, Posted by ehkehfemal in I have no idea what I'm doing. | Jan 27, 2010
- At the Chapel Thrillok folks im sorry i havent been updating my blog. school has come in and ripped me out of holiday mode which sucks ass cause all the boys back home r chillin in the summer and im freeezing my balls Posted by craigules in Craig goes to USA | Jan 26, 2010
- ¡Hola! ¿Que tal?Well, have finished my second day of Spanish lessons and going well so far. The first day was very hard as us new students had to do a test (she didn't even finish marking my mainly blank effort!) and then Posted by Sarnia in Sarnia's travels | Jan 26, 2010
- Studio Site VisitVisited two churches. For San Niccolo we must design and develop a technical detail of sorts. My camera died halfway through the Basilica di San Francesco site visit. :(
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/268663/large_IMG_011 Posted by AMarcynuk in Italy 2010 | Jan 23, 2010
- Cake with ChopsticksIn Chinese class yesterday, we learned the word for cake, party, congratulations, happy birthday etc. Also the animals that go with each year. I'm a tiger...and 2010 is the year of the tiger so it looks like it will be Posted by jhl5006 in Wanderlust | Jan 22, 2010
- Phnom PenhWe turned up in Phnom Penh on the arrangement that we would use a tuk tuk driver that had been recommended to us by our hotel owner. Little did we know that involved turning up in Phnom Penh with a Posted by palmer830 in Adam and Anna half a world away | Jan 18, 2010
- first day of class : )I spent the last few days just learning the neighborhood and such areas. Snafu is a perfect acronym for the trip, before and after less than a week into this adventure. If snafu is not familiar to you, just Wikipedia, Posted by kneedrager in Chile!! | Jan 12, 2010
- Bit of MontevideoSo after sleeping pretty good in our first bed for a while, we had a couple of days to chill out, and spent them exploring Montevideos old town, which is pretty small, and easy to walk around. We walked around Posted by St Martins in Sadie and James | Jan 12, 2010
- day of learning THE route : )I didn't do a whole lot today. I learned the route from home to school and the return trip later in the afternoon : ) We'll see how I do on Monday. For today, the class of 'level one' just Posted by kneedrager in Chile!! | Jan 8, 2010
- San Diego, CASo, San Diego. A little slice of heaven in Southern California. I often joke with my friends that I live in the greatest place in the world. I live in the greatest country in the world, in the Posted by bacard80 in Oh Baller, Where Art Thou? | Dec 31, 2009
- VILLEFRANCHE, FRANCE.....NOV/DEC 2008SPENT ANOTHER FOUR WEEKS AT THE INSTITUT AND ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY......GOOD FOR ME TOO! Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 20, 2008
- VILLEFRANCHE, FRANCE.....NOV 24- DEC 22, 2007My first real adventure alone and I loved it. Institut de Francais is an immersion school. The methods are intensive and extremely demanding . For me it was one of my life's great experiences.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/260500/1instit Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 24, 2007
- BRAZIL.....OCT 23- NOV 7, 2004I think we have now seen all the world's great water falls. Boy , were we ever fortunate. On top of that throw in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus and the Amazon Rain Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Oct 23, 2004
- NEW YORK CITY....SEPT 2004, PHILADELPHIA AND WASHINGTONGreenwich Village, The Bronx, Chinatown, The Bowery and saw Broadway on Broadway in Times Square where the stars perform pieces from the current Broadway shows..........Then we visited Philadelphia and Washington DC. Went to Mount Vernon and Alexandria V Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Sep 1, 2004
- Macedonian Christmas
Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki.
Macedonia – Greece.
Every December, Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki, erects a huge, illuminated metal structure in the shape of a three Posted by Kevrekidis in Kevrekidis | Dec 25, 2009
- TUKTOYAKTUK, NORTHWEST TERRITORIES..FEB 2001Flew via Edmonton (overnight there) to Inuvik then by car on the Mackenzie River Ice Road to TUK. Stayed with an Inuit family and had a ball.......dog teams, snow mobiles, ice fishing on the Arctic Ocean examining igloos, eating Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Feb 1, 2001
- EASTERN EUROPEAN TOUR...July 1997TOOK THIS TOUR TO VISIT FORMER COMMUNIST COUNTRIES PLUS AUSTRIA AND GERMANY. Included were Poland, Hungary, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Also we visited Aushwitz.(what an experience)
Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jul 1, 1997
- CHINA......DEC 1987Wow was this ever exciting. We went on a cultural tour to Shanghai,Beijing and Xian where we saw the excavations of the Terracotta Warriors with the archaeoligists at work. OVERWHELMING! Bought a set of soldiers and a horse for Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 30, 1987