Blog Entries tagged 'educational'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'educational'
- VILLEFRANCHE, FRANCE.....NOV/DEC 2008SPENT ANOTHER FOUR WEEKS AT THE INSTITUT AND ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY......GOOD FOR ME TOO! Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 20, 2008
- VILLEFRANCHE, FRANCE.....NOV 24- DEC 22, 2007My first real adventure alone and I loved it. Institut de Francais is an immersion school. The methods are intensive and extremely demanding . For me it was one of my life's great experiences.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/260500/1instit Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 24, 2007
- BRAZIL.....OCT 23- NOV 7, 2004I think we have now seen all the world's great water falls. Boy , were we ever fortunate. On top of that throw in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Manaus and the Amazon Rain Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Oct 23, 2004
- NEW YORK CITY....SEPT 2004, PHILADELPHIA AND WASHINGTONGreenwich Village, The Bronx, Chinatown, The Bowery and saw Broadway on Broadway in Times Square where the stars perform pieces from the current Broadway shows..........Then we visited Philadelphia and Washington DC. Went to Mount Vernon and Alexandria V Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Sep 1, 2004
- Macedonian Christmas
Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki.
Macedonia – Greece.
Every December, Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki, erects a huge, illuminated metal structure in the shape of a three Posted by Kevrekidis in Kevrekidis | Dec 25, 2009
- TUKTOYAKTUK, NORTHWEST TERRITORIES..FEB 2001Flew via Edmonton (overnight there) to Inuvik then by car on the Mackenzie River Ice Road to TUK. Stayed with an Inuit family and had a ball.......dog teams, snow mobiles, ice fishing on the Arctic Ocean examining igloos, eating Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Feb 1, 2001
- EASTERN EUROPEAN TOUR...July 1997TOOK THIS TOUR TO VISIT FORMER COMMUNIST COUNTRIES PLUS AUSTRIA AND GERMANY. Included were Poland, Hungary, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Also we visited Aushwitz.(what an experience)
Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jul 1, 1997
- CHINA......DEC 1987Wow was this ever exciting. We went on a cultural tour to Shanghai,Beijing and Xian where we saw the excavations of the Terracotta Warriors with the archaeoligists at work. OVERWHELMING! Bought a set of soldiers and a horse for Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Nov 30, 1987
- OLD QUEBEC July 2009Studied in this beautiful old walled city (400 years old ) for two weeks. Visited Toronto and St Catharines en route. Stayed at Laval in Quebec City.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/260500/staircases..bec_002.jpg caption=staircases doors etc Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Jul 1, 2009
- Trip to Cuba...on the DL!!!I have so much to say- I don't quite know where to start, all I knew when I woke up this morning was that I was back in a comfortable bed, not sticky and covered in bug spray, with a Posted by bjmorris14 in Sarah's Travel Blog | Jul 7, 2008
- Start of my journey in Xela, Guatemala..My trip to Xela, Guatemala was quite the experience. I stayed overnight in Panama City with some Americans that I met in the airplane, and with whom I discussed life's journey the entire time. I got one and 1/2 hours Posted by sjcarsk in Home is a place to return, not to live | Dec 9, 2009
- Arrival in XelaWill post more later...
Arrived in Xela and living well with host family. Posted by sjcarsk in Home is a place to return, not to live | Dec 6, 2009
- ItalyOn the 31st of January I finally leave Holland and I will be landing in Firenze, taking a train to Perugia, since Perugia doesnt have it's own airport. Two weeks later I wil go to Bologna for three weeks and Posted by suitjamas in My gapyear | Dec 6, 2009
- Eastern Barbarian
Ancient Corinth – Greece.
Statue of captured Eastern barbarian at the Archeological Museum of Ancient Corinth.
Four marble statues, decorated the pillars with Corinthian ca Posted by Kevrekidis in Kevrekidis | Dec 6, 2009
- Some musings from school
Recently I was teaching my 1st grade students how to talk about the future using 'will'. I asked them to draw a picture of what they think women/people will wear in the future; here's a few of the more Posted by JuliaG in Julia's Travels | Dec 1, 2009
- Mas EspañolI signed up for a week of classes in San Pedro. The school seemed smaller in scale compared to La Union in Antigua. The setting was beautiful. Each student sits under a private hut in the garden by the lake. Posted by nawaf in The Waffle Flight | Dec 1, 2009
- A Very French ThanksgivingI truly do need to start updating this every day since so many things happen, yet finding the time to actually sit down and write for a decent amount of time is difficult. Therefore, I apologize for the long entries! Posted by jauntypag in Savoir Vivre: Life in France | Nov 29, 2009
- Bhutan Tobacco Policy and Administration Report I have completed my final report on Bhutan's unique anti-tobacco legislation enacted in 2004.
You can read the entire report here: http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/G/Michael.S.Givel-1/Bhutan%20Tobacco%20Monograph8.pdf
Posted by mgivel in Bhutan Diary | Nov 24, 2009
- On the Funny FarmWe've arrived at ECHO (Educational Concern for Hunger Overseas) demonstration farm in the sunshine state of Florida. We were surprised and delighted with our home, named and themed 'West Africa' with lovely colours and prints throughout the house, and a Posted by africraigs in africraigs | Nov 14, 2009
- Using my RetainerLearning a language is just like wearing a retainer. The first time you try to use it everything goes wrong. It is painful, you gag, you make sounds you’ve never made before, your teeth don’t come together properly and you Posted by jauntypag in Savoir Vivre: Life in France | Nov 13, 2009
- The Prime Minister and IJust a short update on the progress of my Fulbright research in Bhutan. I am now in the final stage of my research on the policy and administration of Bhutan's landmark 2004 anti-tobacco law. The 2004 anti-tobacco law banned Posted by mgivel in Bhutan Diary | Nov 4, 2009
- Chan Chan and Moche: Northwest PeruWith considerable reluctance, we left Vilcabamba early in the morning, to catch the first bus to Piura, and then, after a night, Trujillo, Peru. We stayed at the guest house of Clara Bravo and Michael White who were Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Nov 1, 2009
- Cradle of HumankindSet off from Waterval Boven, where we'd stayed the previous night, for our last couple of days in South Africa. Headed to an area called the Cradle of Humankind - a world heritage site famous for its archeological finds, Posted by RaiSmith in Rai's Adventures | Nov 1, 2009
- The Peg (The grand plan)Well, the first leg of our journey has begun. After making a scene on the bus, we managed to survive with our heads still attatched (Rachaels is looking a little wobbly though). We reunited with our lovely winnipeg companions just Posted by eurogirls in Euro Bound | Nov 1, 2009
- BACK HOME-EN CASA OSolo han sido 8 dias los que he pasado con los Penan. Desde luego no suficiente. Ni por asomo. Pero ha sido suficiente tiempo para que mi alma diese una vuelta y cambiase mi vida.
Siempre me costo creer en Posted by Irati in Sacred Quest | Oct 28, 2009