Blog Entries tagged 'educational'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'educational'
- Irish Culture Seminar #2Today was our first real Irish Culture Seminar class. It actually took place in a classroom! Our first class wasn't really like a class at all unless you count going to a pub as a lesson in Irish culture, which Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 24, 2010
- Lots of Pics, an Authentic 21st Century School, & ParnellNot to bore you with endless droning every day, but this morning was amazing! I had set up a school visit in a very poor area via the social networking site for teachers using web tools: classroom 2.0. The educators Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Mar 15, 2010
- Post TEFL Recovery
Hi my name is Dan and I’m a TEFL graduate. It’s been one week since my last class.
Lots of changes this week ... for other people. Our TEFL class has scat Posted by dfilipia in ESL Training in Costa Rica | Mar 13, 2010
- Looking BackI can’t believe how far I’ve come since the beginning when this whole deal was just a good idea and a bunch of talk. I’d sit and daydream while doing volunteer work out at Lands End in San Francisco Posted by dfilipia in ESL Training in Costa Rica | Mar 12, 2010
- My Fourth Week of TEFL TrainingI haven’t seen the beach in weeks ... two weeks ... that doesn’t really sound like much of a hardship to some people does it? I guess I could have ponied up the 40 cents and just gone to Posted by dfilipia in ESL Training in Costa Rica | Mar 11, 2010
- Liberation in a BurqaMisconceptions about Islam are rampant in this post-9/11 world. Many people subscribe to clichés without knowing the basic tenets of the world's newest major religion, or its origins. For example, did you know that the word Islam means 'peace throu Posted by LeiCran in turkey with a splash of cran | Mar 11, 2010
- My Third Week of TEFL TrainingHalf way done and a whole night to play. It’s definitely a work hard, play hard situation here. When everyone is able to come up for air at the same time we all hit the town. The Posted by dfilipia in ESL Training in Costa Rica | Mar 10, 2010
- Irish Culture Seminar #1Tonight we had the best class of my college career. It was the first of our Irish culture seminars, and we went to visit the nearest gaeltacht to Dungarvan. A gaeltacht is an area in Ireland where the Irish Gaelic Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 10, 2010
- Visiting schools and learning our wayFor the past two days we have been running around, learning, exploring and meeting all sorts of people from all over the world. We are getting to know our way around our little pocket of Auckland. Apparently the #1 Chinese Posted by Hilary G in Adventures in NZ! | Mar 9, 2010
- The Beer ProjectThe Project was to take a picture of each new beer we (better say, mostly I, Andre) drank on the road.
Some we missed, since we were without the camera, some we don't remember their name, and we decided not put Posted by shiriandre in Shiri and Andre one year off blog | Mar 6, 2010
- Selamat tinggal.Well, we're at the airport waiting for our flight to Paris. Sorry we weren't entirely dedicated to keeping you updated with our blog. Too much to see and do!
I’m really excited to show the boys the sights of Paris. Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Ending in SitesOur last day in South Korea before going on another 14 hour plane ride back home. We'd just love to say thank you to the people who followed our fun trip and we found some websites that are very helpful Posted by roksait10 in Republic of Korea 대한민국 | Mar 5, 2010
- Dun Dun .... DUN! Part 2Panmunjeom (판문점) is also called the 'Truce Village' because it is where the armistice for the Korean War was negotiated. It contains the Joint Security Area (the only place where North Korea and South Korea armed forces stand face-to-face at Posted by roksait10 in Republic of Korea 대한민국 | Feb 28, 2010
- Dun Dun .... DUN! Part 1Today we went to a historic and active area of South Korea. I mean, it's kind of in South Korea. I'm talking about the DMZ!
The Korean Demilitarized Zone a.k.a DMZ (한반도 비무장지대) is along the border between North Korea and Posted by roksait10 in Republic of Korea 대한민국 | Feb 28, 2010
- Manners and Travel TipsBefore going, we read many other blogs and looked up various items that we would need when we went on our trip.
One thing we found that we should pack as it was not as readily available in Korea as it Posted by roksait10 in Republic of Korea 대한민국 | Feb 25, 2010
- Nature Calls!The information booth at our campground had brochures for mountain bike rentals so today we decided to get physical! We rode our bikes to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. http://www.nparks.gov.sg
It was pretty bizarre to be in the hustle and Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Hanging by a Wire!We decided to take the cable car back to the mainland. Who am I kidding; Ben and Piotr talked me into taking the cable car. Hanging off a wire in a glass bottomed gondola two hundred feet above open water Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- It's the Year of the TigerToday we visited the Tiger Sky Tower . The tower is almost 50 stories high and the height is about 110 metres above ground, it’s the highest observation point in Singapore. So, if you’re scared of heights, beware!
[img=http://photo Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Beachboys... and GirlWOW! What a great day! Beach, beach and more beach! Sentosa Island has three beaches, Siloso Beach, Palawan Beach and Tanjong Beach. We picked Palawa Beach because it’s low key and close to the show we wanted to see at Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- All The Pretty ButterfliesYesterday we arrived on the island around noon, checked into the hotel and rode the free island shuttle to the Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom.
It’s made up of four areas, Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Sensational SentosaPretty pumped for today. We’re heading to Sentosa Island!!! http://www.sentosa.com.sg/
Ben and Piotr have been competing to see who can find the coolest history tidbit about the island. Here’s what they have come up with so far….
Ben Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Fruit Trees? Not anymore!
Orchard Road in Singapore is the main shopping and entertainment place. There are many local people who go here, it's not just for the tourists. It has a great cultural feeling t Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Raffle's Roost
This morning we woke up early and went down to the Kallang Riverside park. This is where the fun starts! At Kallang Riverside Park you can go wakeboarding on a river that Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Ethnicity in the City - part deux
Today we visited two more Ethnic Areas both of which were new and exciting. Our first stop was Geylang Serai at the Paya Lebar stop on the East West MRT Line.
Geylang Sera Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010
- Ethnicity in the Ci-Ci-City!
Today we took our first trip into Singapore’s amazing Ethnic Areas. We took the North East MRT line to Little India.
We stepped off the train and were hit with the Posted by teamsingap in Singapore Swingers | Mar 5, 2010