Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- The Last Day of Singledom...The final day before the wedding was the date that the remainder of Heather's family arrived. We also met up with our wedding planner to discuss final arrangements, it was also the chance for Mike, Hazel & Sonje to meet Posted by jefranklin in James & Heather Travelogues | Sep 30, 2004
- Northsea Jazz FestivalHere you will find the Biggest and one of the best Jazz Festivals in Europe.
It's called The Northsea Jazz Festival. One of Europes most important Jazz festival's. I have never seen a festival so well organized in my life. I Posted by TourDogg in Music festival's from around the world | Sep 15, 2012
- Paralympics 2012I went to a few Olympic events, but didn't make it to the Olympic Park. Luckily, a friend of mine had a spare ticket to a few events in the Paralympics within the Park, so I got to head Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 5, 2012
- The Olympic ExperienceI was not looking forward to the Olympics coming to London.
I wasn’t in London when they won the right to host the 2012 Olympic games. I lived through two bids by Toronto, both that failed, to host Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Aug 12, 2012
- Engines Running Hot: Hungarian Grand Prix 2012Last weekend of July saw me in Budapest for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
The temperature was crazy. I landed on Friday, and the thermometer said it was 41C. It was hard not to start melting right away. I Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Aug 5, 2012
- London Olympics Arrival and CompetitionsWe had the pleasure of being in London at the very beginning of our trip - way back in March. That was when the London Olympics seemed like it was forever away. There was a lot of complaining about the Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Aug 3, 2012
- Pimm's and Strawberries at the All England ClubI talked recently about how I was [[http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/376/|starting to feel more British]], saying that "now I feel that getting a British passport is not just a gateway to further adventure somewhere else, but instead I see it as ce Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jul 1, 2012
- Jubilee #1: DiamondFor the last 60 years and 118 days (as of today), Elizabeth the second has been the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, and Queen and Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jun 3, 2012
- In BloomI've almost been in the UK for four years now. For the first couple of years, when we hit March, I would start to get itchy eyes and start sneezing. There would be a period of about 3 Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | May 26, 2012
- Feathers, mantras and vibes in the parkYesterday the woods of Chapultepec were abuzz with vibrations. I discovered they came from a couple of events I had no idea were going to happen there.
[img=http://photos.travel Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Nov 29, 2011
- Modern Day Frost FairBack in centuries past, when the winters in London were colder than they are now, and the River Thames less contained and fast flowing, the River would on occasion freeze over. When the river would freeze over, [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Nov 26, 2011
- The Pink Walk
Walking for a good cause
If you happened to be near the Ángel de la Independencia on Sunday morning, you would have seen that Paseo de la Reforma had turne Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Nov 2, 2011
- Alebrije monsters invade Mexico City
Every year, towards the end of Posted by margaretm in Wherever life takes us | Oct 28, 2011
- World Trade Center: 10 Years LaterAnniversaries drive reflection. And this is a big one. Ten years ago I was sitting in an office in Toronto when someone said to me "a plane has hit the World Trade Center is New York." As Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Sep 10, 2011
- Formula One British Grand Prix 2011Time again from my quasi-annual trip to see some cars go round and round and round. This year, instead of the [[http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/186/|Eurostar to Belgium]] or the [[http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/259/|night sleeper to Mona Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jul 23, 2011
- Pahiyas Festival 2011 (part 1)Sa wakas natuloy din ang Pahiyas Festival trip ko. Every year kasi I always wanted to go to Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon pero for some reason hindi ako natutuloy. Our team decided to go to Pahiyas in Posted by drahcir07 in .....Il Momento....... | Jun 1, 2011
- Birthday Trip to BaguioLast February 18, 2011, my mom celebrated her 51st birthday. This year we celebrated her birthday more privately. I cooked pasta for merienda, enough for our relatives. This year also, I decided to treat Mom a family Posted by drahcir07 in .....Il Momento....... | May 16, 2011
- Baguio's Panagbenga FestivalAno nga ba ang Panagbenga Festival? Let’s consult MR. WIKI…
According to WIKIPEDIA: Panagbenga Festival is a month-long annual flower festival occurring in Baguio City, the summer capital of thePhilippines. The term is Malayo-Polynesian origin, meani Posted by drahcir07 in .....Il Momento....... | May 12, 2011
- Para sa Aking Tanging Ina....Ang Mother’s Day ay isang taunang pagdiriwang sa buong mundo kung saan itinakda ang araw na ito upang parangalan ang ating mga ina. Ina na ilaw ng tahanan at gabay natin sa ating mga unang hakbang sa buhay.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/314080 Posted by drahcir07 in .....Il Momento....... | May 12, 2011
- PartyAngelica invited us to dancing party regards of tree "round" birthday dates in the family: parents got their 60th this year, and Cristine (Angelica's sis) - her 30th birthday. It was organised by very special way - in the mood Posted by vanessa in Wien aka Vienna | Aug 14, 2010
Okay- Blog, sorry I have been away for sometime. I know I had been very, very, very bad for the past few months of my life. I left without saying goodbye. Or maybe- the truth is I could not say Posted by Bella_Luna in Salve a Tutti | Oct 13, 2010
- Just Outside The City GatesI headed over to Tower Hamlets today to go to the [[http://www.hyperjapan.co.uk/|HYPER JAPAN]] festival. Unlike the [[http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/288/|Matsuri festival]] that I went to last year, which is focused on traditionally Japan, HYPER Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Oct 2, 2010
- Team Norway does Spainnar merete er sa flink til a blogge kan ikke jeg vare noe darligere! sa her kommer en aldri sa liten oppdatering pa begynnelsen av turen.
forste stopp var spania. vi tilbrakte tre dager i barcelona, og fylte dagene med a Posted by HansyP in Merete og Hanne inntar verden | Sep 6, 2010
- Chile to PeruSince leaving Australia there has been not much time to sit down and write a blog - and that is because there is so much to see and do. We have had some very fun times and made a few Posted by afleetwood in Peru and Surrounds 2010 | Sep 10, 2010
- It's been a while..But the great news is that we're the happy proud parents of a healthy bouncing baby boy (6 lbs 9oz)! Jackson is almost a month old now and growing every day before our eyes (he's go those chipmunk cheeks now).
So, Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Sep 3, 2010