Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- People always leave, but sometimes they come back
Disse søte jentene ønsket seg så inderlig ett innlegg på bloggen, og de fortjener det så absolutt! I går var de nemlig så utrolige skjønne at de hadde stelt i stand et suprise Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Jul 2, 2010
- Day 21 Final Day in Cape TownSo as planned, there was a lot of "business" to take care of the last day. So we starting some packing, did the mall one last time to update this blog and check emails, etc. Next we drove Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jul 2, 2010
- Day 20 – Doubly Sad dayThis is the first day without any soccer games as these are the rest days leading up to the quarterfinals. And unfortunately, this is our last full day and night in South Africa as well. Gwen and Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jul 1, 2010
- Day 19 – Exploring Cape Town againSince today is a game day, we used this one to explore the remaining areas of Cape Town that were on our list. We travel on foot to a brand new area as we visit the District 6 museum. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 30, 2010
- Day 18 – Wine Tasting in FranschhoekGwen and I got a late start since my cold/flu/sinus infection finally caught up with me. But we did get out and to the Wine Region before noon time. We drove to Franschhoek and made our way back Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 29, 2010
- Day 17 – Goodbye Fellow TexansWell, time flies, as this is Phil and Kate’s last day, even though they do not leave until late tonight. We have plans to meet Jim and his wife for lunch at Camps Bay. It is an extremely Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 29, 2010
- Despair in the Spiritual Home of FootballExactly when the game was invented, and by whom, and even where is now lost in the mists of time. Games involving kicking or balancing a ball with your feet date back millennia. What is clear is that Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Jun 28, 2010
- Expo 2010Of course when we booked to 'do" the Yangtse, we did not realise the Expo was even on but thought since we were here we should at least attend. Naturally with a population of 22000000 people + an expected 7000000 Posted by BerylB in Adventure before Dementia | Jun 27, 2010
- Day 16 - Relaxing againSolo run up to the mall for supplies and blog writing - still quite nice, but very windy today. We were going to do something with AJ and Chrismarie today. The plan is to go to their apartment Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 27, 2010
- Day 15 - A quieter timeSad indeed, as Tobias and Sina, come by in the morning on their way to the airport. We had a great time with time. It was wonderful to see Tobi again and great to meet Sina. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 26, 2010
- Day 14 - Table Mountan Cable Car
Well this is the last full day that Tobias and Sina have and the last day to Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 26, 2010
- Day 13 - Cape PointYet another trip to the mall for supplies and blogging; surely people know us by now. We decided to get picnic lunches to take with us. It is yet another simply gorgeous day; but we are not getting Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 26, 2010
- Super Bowl: Check -- Another World Cup: …So since everyone is now very interested in not only the World Cup but the USA and the World Cup, we think it’s time to bring the FIFA World Cup back TO the USA. We hosted the FIFA World Posted by EugeneF in The Many Things To Do In The Meadowlands | Jun 25, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group F: Slovakia 3 v 2 Italy[b]Slovakia!!! I love it! Sensational game!
This result saw Slovakia finish second in Group F, eliminating holders Italy who failed to win in South Africa.
Robert Vittek scored a goal in each half for Slovakia, who needed a win to Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 25, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group C: USA 1 v 0 Algeria[b]Landon Donovan's dramatic stoppage-time goal secured a narrow victory over Algeria and fired the United States into the last 16 of the World Cup as group winners.
The US were on the brink of going out of the competition when Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 25, 2010
- London CallingHigh
As a New Zealand citizen currently residing in Britain we were eligible to be in the ballot to be a guest of the NZ High Commission at one of the three Royal Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace. Sunny informed Posted by suggs69 in Half the World Away | Jun 24, 2010
- Day 12 - Wine TastingOff to the Cape Winelands early in order to get back in time for the 4pm games. Today starts the dual games, so there are only two game times, so each morning and early afternoon we’ll try Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 23, 2010
- Day 11 - Game DayThe morning time was filled with normal preparations, up to the mall for more supplies and internet access as well as getting some sandwiches to get before the game. This is the only early game th Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 23, 2010
- Talofa Samoa!!!!Howdy! Wow, it's been a while since I've been behind the old keyboard again! :) Feels like an eternity since I did that last blog entry in India, but here we are again. Today's topic, Samoa.
[i Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jun 22, 2010
- Agra to DelhiAfter the lazy days in Pondi we have a stark return to reality as we make our way back to Delhi. We have a 2 am taxi booked to take us back to Chennai to catch a flight to Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jun 22, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group H: Spain 2 v 0 Honduras[b]We saw the best footballing side in the World Cup by far tonight. Slick passing Spain outpassed and outclassed the resilient Hondurans, scored two goals but could have had ten! Hopefully they will not regret their profligacy in front of Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 22, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group G: Brazil 3 v 1 Ivory CoastThe big game that failed to live up to expectations. Colorful crowd, but very little atmosphere and a poor game of football for the neutral spectator. A disappointment
Pictures of the game can be found at the following link:
[url=http://www.f Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 10 - Robben IslandToday was the scheduled day for Robben Island. Unfortunately, it was Gwen’s turn to be attacked by Chaka Zulu Revenge. She was up sick all night long and unable to go on the Nelson Mandela tour Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 9 - Scenic Sight SeeingWe awoke early for a 9am departure with AJ to see the sights in the area. However, AJ had an interesting night (got into the VIP area at the game last night and stay out until very early in Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 8 - Back in Cape TownBack to the mall for groceries and web access, sorry that I’m getting behind, but it takes a while for these updates J Unfortunately, Kate and Phil are sick today, such stomach problems, without g Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010