Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- Vi eier tiden; men tiden eier også oss ~IbsenMed Spotify og Azerbajans MGP- bidrag rullende i bakgrunnen og den ultimate kinesiske ordbok-app'n lasta ned på ny iPhone går mine forbredelser tilnærmet på skinner. I hvertfall etter norsk jernbanestandar, som ikke akkurat er stort å skryte av spør du Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Jul 11, 2010
- Yet another disclaimerErm. Yes. Well. Ooops?
I'm ashamed to say that there will be a slight lul in entries now. Basically, I have run out of time to upload them, and have a ship to catch. Yes, I am aware that is a Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 14, 2010
- The first Oranje invasion
From there on in, the World Cup proper started for me. Sam, Remco and Luc arrived pretty much on time on Sunday lunchtime, and games could begin to be watched and beer consumed. Come Monday, and it was time to Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 13, 2010
- My brief interlude with BotswanaBecause of my change of plans and 3 week later arrival, all my plans were up in the air. Some things i'd had to cancel, some rearrange. Something that I hadn't been able to change except to delay it was Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 12, 2010
- Cape arrivalFourteen days later, and with only hours to go, Table Mountain slowly began to loom out of the sea ahead. Covered in cloud to be sure, but still an amazing sight, and one I never really expected to see. Stunningly, Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 11, 2010
- Thursday 8th JulyWell, I think I can safely say that I have settled in. At least by Russian standards I have! !
I arrived, as you all know, very safely and I was welcomed into my new home. So monday I started Posted by Russia Project in RUSSIA UTENSHIE PROJECT | Jul 8, 2010
- All Quiet on the Eastern Fronthi everyone. hope you are all well. I just thought I'd give a quick update on my movements, which have unfortunately been very limited this week. The aerial surveys that were meant for tuesday have been pushed back to friday Posted by mburgass in Malaysia, Truly Asia | Jul 8, 2010
- aunty SAMAunty and Uncle is a respectful but endearing way to address an older person. So you may say to your taxi driver, "Just over there Uncle" or to the drinks lady "Aunty, AUNTEEEEEE...another one please."
I don't think a whiney baby Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Jul 7, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 5/6
* Played Man O War and shot 86 (my low round of the week!). Course was wide open and in great condition and greens/fairways were soft so my shots didn't have much roll and pretty much stuck where i landed them. Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 4
* Played Wild Wing Avocet and shot 87. Rescue 3-wood was on fire and had the low 9 of the week, +4 on the front nine (7 pars and 2 doubles ugh). Again, we teed off in the afternoon and we Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 2/3
* HOT HOT and humid day today, not sure how we all managed to complete 36 holes but hey, we're golf warriors so we did it.
* Played Traditional Golf Club and shot 96. This was the morning round and I don't Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 1The boys and I headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC for our week-long golf trip, something that's been planned for years in the making.
* The drive from our house in Oakville to Plantation Resort took 17 hours! We drove through Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- God Bless AmericaThis past weekend I joined my Dad and Step mom on a mini road-trip to Bend, Oregon where we had a family reunion with all my extended family. It has been years since we all got together and the weekend Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Jul 5, 2010
- Central Otago to FjordlandWe drive through the central Otago region with stunning scenery especially around Lake Dunstan. We have lunch in Cromwell which is famous for a (crappy) giant fruit salad at the entrance to the town. It is very small Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jul 5, 2010
- BallardStill raining.
On the deck at Renee and Olivier's.
Quite a way from Lake Union.
Still, we were war Posted by PTTempe in Open Mind | Jul 4, 2010
- Introducing Wilma...The first thing to note upon landing in Christchurch is the temperature...it is FREEZING!!!! Its snowed a few days before and the view from the plane as we land is completely stunning. We are picked up from the Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jul 4, 2010
- Sensation White 2010 Amsterdam AreanaHOLY. MOLEY.
Ok so my goodness what a night! - what a great night!! I honestly did not expect sensation to be this good!
so night began with dinner at the place where i had the awesome BLT, nomnomnom, and Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 4, 2010
- We are hereHi class and everybody,
I arrived in London Saturday morning for you and Friday night for me.
We are going to Oxford on Wednesday to look for houses and Secondary schools and Primary Schools.
Hope you are having fun without me,
Posted by eviehb in Last day of school | Jul 3, 2010
- Don't drink and dance, drink and driveGood evening all. It's 7.30pm here and I thought I'd give a quick update while I have some time, before watching the Argentina-Germany game later. Since I last wrote, things have been very relaxed and have just been settling in Posted by mburgass in Malaysia, Truly Asia | Jul 3, 2010
- People always leave, but sometimes they come back
Disse søte jentene ønsket seg så inderlig ett innlegg på bloggen, og de fortjener det så absolutt! I går var de nemlig så utrolige skjønne at de hadde stelt i stand et suprise Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Jul 2, 2010
- Day 21 Final Day in Cape TownSo as planned, there was a lot of "business" to take care of the last day. So we starting some packing, did the mall one last time to update this blog and check emails, etc. Next we drove Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jul 2, 2010
- Day 20 – Doubly Sad dayThis is the first day without any soccer games as these are the rest days leading up to the quarterfinals. And unfortunately, this is our last full day and night in South Africa as well. Gwen and Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jul 1, 2010
- Day 19 – Exploring Cape Town againSince today is a game day, we used this one to explore the remaining areas of Cape Town that were on our list. We travel on foot to a brand new area as we visit the District 6 museum. Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 30, 2010
- Day 18 – Wine Tasting in FranschhoekGwen and I got a late start since my cold/flu/sinus infection finally caught up with me. But we did get out and to the Wine Region before noon time. We drove to Franschhoek and made our way back Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 29, 2010
- Day 17 – Goodbye Fellow TexansWell, time flies, as this is Phil and Kate’s last day, even though they do not leave until late tonight. We have plans to meet Jim and his wife for lunch at Camps Bay. It is an extremely Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 29, 2010