Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- Day 10 - Robben IslandToday was the scheduled day for Robben Island. Unfortunately, it was Gwen’s turn to be attacked by Chaka Zulu Revenge. She was up sick all night long and unable to go on the Nelson Mandela tour Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 9 - Scenic Sight SeeingWe awoke early for a 9am departure with AJ to see the sights in the area. However, AJ had an interesting night (got into the VIP area at the game last night and stay out until very early in Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 8 - Back in Cape TownBack to the mall for groceries and web access, sorry that I’m getting behind, but it takes a while for these updates J Unfortunately, Kate and Phil are sick today, such stomach problems, without g Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 7 - Mossel Bay and ReturnThe cold, wind and rain had all disappeared and gave way to a gorgeous, sunny, te Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- Day 6 - At Mossel BayTobias and Sina left this morning for their trip to Port Elizabeth. They had another friend to meet there. They were so excited about the big win of the first Germany match, they decided they would stay another Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 21, 2010
- A week in Chiang MaiWell, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about concerning Chiang Mai!
After an uneventful 12-hour train journey from Bangkok, I arrived at this 'mecca' of tourist travel. While waiting at the station in Bangkok, I saw a Posted by amazingali in Ali's amazing adventure | Jun 20, 2010
- Day 3: Orange and BlueAfter a long Friday night, Saturday started on the late side. I had agreed to make a Spanish tortilla for breakfast and, in spite of getting up later than just about everyone else, pulled off a decent version of Posted by alsandiego in Where in the World is Al Sandiego? | Jun 20, 2010
- Day 2 (Continued): England vs. AlgeriaAlthough we've been here in Cape Town for only three whole days, I feel like it's been longer due to the amount of things we've packed in. There's still much more to see, of course, but I'm very satisfied Posted by alsandiego in Where in the World is Al Sandiego? | Jun 20, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group E: Cameroon 1 v 2 DenmarkThe World Cup continues to excite! Cameroon v Denmark - what a pulsating game with the world and his wife watching - us included!
Pictures of the game can be found at the following link:
[url=http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=181507&id=66 Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 20, 2010
- FIFA World Cup Group C: Slovenia 2 v 2 USAA stirring two goal USA comeback, a controversial disallowed goal and an incredible World Cup atmosphere in the spiritual home of South African rugby!
Pictures of the game can be found at the following link:
[url=http://www.facebook.com/al Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | Jun 19, 2010
- Day 2: Adventures in Cape Town....to a SupermarketIt's early afternoon here in beautiful Hout Bay. We arrived yesterday evening after a two-hour flight from Johannesburg - I was on South African Airways while everyone else flew Kulula (one of the newer low-cost carriers) so we met Posted by alsandiego in Where in the World is Al Sandiego? | Jun 18, 2010
- Day 5 - Off to the Garden RouteOn the road by 8:15am, quite impressive, even with the immediate stop at the Engen (elegant gas station by our place). The drive was quite nice, especially as we got further east. There were ple Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 18, 2010
- Day 4 - Cold and RainyUp to the shopping mall this chilly and raining morning for some souvenirs and more supplies (warmer clothes). Also to use the Internet café and update the first three days of the blog. Back to Posted by wc2006 in World Cup 2010 | Jun 18, 2010
- I've arrived!I woke up this morning around 6 ish am with a beautiful bird chirping outside my window. I felt like Sleeping Beauty really haha. When I first arrived, I had a run-in with the customs service. It took a lot Posted by NZsweetpea in The Unexpected Flight | Jun 17, 2010
- South Africa!!Hello, gentle readers! It indeed has been a while since my last post, but from the very beginning the purpose of this blog was to report on vacations taken overseas and NOT work trips! Canada doesn't count, otherwise Posted by alsandiego in Where in the World is Al Sandiego? | Jun 17, 2010
- Salsa, Yoga, Yage, Polish Dinner"Yage is space time travel. The room seems to shake and vibrate with motion."
Our bus from San Augustin was supposed to leave at 2pm, but instead we had to take a truck to the crossr Posted by wanderlustqueen in WANDERLUST | May 30, 2010
- Utila CM reunion, Darius "Canival" Slusarczyk & THE KILLERS!“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Our time in Bogota was limited, but we Posted by wanderlustqueen in WANDERLUST | May 29, 2010
- Pondicherry and Mamallapuram...
So we get to Pondicherry feeling worse for wear, we are not quite sure what it is but with my man down we check into a decent hotel to get better. The decent hotel (hotel d'Orient - sor Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | May 20, 2010
- Ke Nako
Well, we'll soon be on our travels once again! We are fortunate to be traveling to South Africa for the first two weeks of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, where we will be based in Johannesburg and wa Posted by usroyal in Ke Nako. Celebrate Africa's Humanity | May 20, 2010
- Day -1Tonight is my last night in the Marine Corps. I think if I ever wondered what it was like to die and leave everything behind you to leave for something greater this may be it. I know that I will Posted by radar4641 in Driving Home, Away From the Marine Corps | May 17, 2010
- Rocky road to Calicut and rich (tea) pickings in Ooty...Kovalam is the place for Gav, due to my injury I have to make do with watching him tackle the waves. The place is like no other, you literally can sit for hours on end mesmerised by the waves Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | May 17, 2010
- Hey Thailand...The most recent NY Times article:
Thai government sets new ultimatum in Bangkok protests (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8685051.stm)
Luckily, I am Posted by decuirrl in a long-winded carte postale | May 16, 2010
- Photo Journey through SpainWhen Telling others about our time in Barcelona and Valencia, I find it hard to describe with words, so the following is a series of photos to show the vibrance of color and flowing lines of Gaudi architecture.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/2108 Posted by globestrol in globe strolling | May 15, 2010
- From Backwater to open water...Kovalam, I love you.Ahhhhh Kovalam. I have to say, hands down my favourite place in India so far.
We arrive at Trivandrum station, the biggest Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | May 15, 2010
- From North to South....Welcome to Kerala.So we arrive in Kerala the next morning exhausted from the shenanigans from the night before. We book ourselves into the Old Harbour Hotel in Fort Cochin and head down in a taxi. I am exhausted and sleep Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | May 11, 2010