Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- Boat Race!Where I went to university, if someone said there was going to be a boat race, I'd be getting ready to drink. Boat (Beer On A Table) races at my university meant that two teams would line up against Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Apr 3, 2010
- We have arrived!!!!!OK so first off, sorry for the delay in updating the blog but I haven't been able to get online much since we arrived. I was all set to press "send" this morning after writing a lovely long piece about Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Mar 31, 2010
- The 2014 Super Bowl in the NY-Metropolitan Area?! The 2014 Super Bowl in the NY-Metropolitan Area?! I know it seems surprising that with two NFL teams in the area, the Meadowlands has yet to host the most important game in the football season. It seems that many Posted by EugeneF in The Many Things To Do In The Meadowlands | Mar 30, 2010
- Sushi For KidsAuntie Josefa rolled out some "sushi" for the four kids!
Posted by PTTempe in Open Mind | Mar 29, 2010
- Pukkelpop 2009
Last day at Pukkelpop before the trip to the States.
Next stop San Francisc Posted by Smoky_Joe in USA - 2009 | Aug 22, 2009
- Earth Hour ( an original poem of Mrs.Simonette T.Brebenariu)Earth Hour
E-arth attains richness through heaven,
A-midst the green of life with abundance of men.
R-eaching lines of calamities from way back then,
T-otality cracks the future if so...a destruction too of an ocean.
H-uman beings dwell Posted by simonette in Simonette Brebenariu first landing in RO | Mar 27, 2010
- Road trip to attend a wedding of a long lost friend
4:30PM Saturday, March 27. Its windy and cloudy outside. I am all set for a long drive tomorrow to attend a wedding of a long lost friend. A member of the "mauy barkadahan". It is going to be a reunion, Posted by CEBopaw in "Twenty-ten", Am I ready for this? | Mar 27, 2010
- SUPERCROSS31st of January
AT&T Stadium a normally Baseball based stadium, had been transformed into, for lack of a better word, a dirt pit. lt was supercross weekend baby, and a group of us were speedily making our way to AT&T Posted by palmtree89 in Australian, American Relations... | Mar 25, 2010
- l thought sharks swam28th of January
After scoring two free tickets to the San Jose Sharks vs Chicago Black hawks ( thanks Mark) NHL game, Allie and l drove to San Jose's HP Pavilion to watch the game. During my stay in Canada three Posted by palmtree89 in Australian, American Relations... | Mar 25, 2010
- St. Patty's DayOur day began outside of the Civic Offices in Dungarvan where we raised the Ireland, US, Pennsylvania, and Dungarvan flags. It was really an honor for us to have our flag raised on Ireland's most important national holiday. We then Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 19, 2010
- Rats, Bats and Chicken CrabsA Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all - wherever you happen to be reading my last blog entry from. I am now here in Thailand with Steve enjoying his wonderful company, the fabulous Thai food, great hospitality and stunning scenery. Posted by NADZ2 in NEPAL & BEYOND | Mar 21, 2010
- There´s a kinda magic
“Don’t look now, but wow, just look,” I cry to Paul as he drives the car through the descending ‘curvas’ into the harbour town of Luarca. The messenger star hangs from the centuries old viaduct, glittering against the indigo blue Posted by SpanishRos in Spanish Rosie | Mar 17, 2010
- First Hurling MatchToday we were taken to our very first hurling match. Hurling is a Gaelic sport that is reminiscent of Lacrosse, Hockey, and Baseball. It is the fastest field sport in the world, and is absolutely amazing to watch. Its a Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 14, 2010
- Cristy MooreWe were treated to a concert tonight in Cappoquin. Cristy Moore, a famous male Irish singer, along with another artist and some guitars entertained us for the night. It was such an informal atmosphere, and we all enjoyed it immensely. Posted by Caitlin39 in Caitlin's Travel Diary | Mar 14, 2010
- Monlam festival in Amdo Repkong[img=http://photo Posted by Pemagya in Follow me | Mar 9, 2010
- Happy Birthday to Me!!Well. I guess there's no denying it any more. I am in my 40s. It's official. How the HELL did that happen? (When I say "hell" with my new English accent, it sounds more like Posted by janicem in J & J Walking in London 2010 | Mar 8, 2010
- Venice Part 1So far behind, this is from February 12th! Our first trip to Venice was during Carnivale, a major event that was packed with people wearing masks and costumes. The piazza in the centre was transformed into a giant dance party Posted by AMarcynuk in Italy 2010 | Mar 8, 2010
- Gorgeous CotswoldsI have to recommend looking for a venue for something like a wedding or large family gathering as a great way to see a bit of the countryside. In the past month or so we have been to Newmarket, Essex, Posted by TravelMc in Travelling Mc still travelling! | Mar 2, 2010
- Girls Guide to Rugby?*************************************************************************
So, what are my qualifications for writing this blog?
* I can spell Rugby, and I'm a girl
* I once, briefly, coached a rugby team of 7 or 8 year-old boys
Posted by nomad kiwi in Kiwi Travel Writer - Heather Hapeta | Mar 1, 2010
- Hockey Night in LondonEight years ago, I was sitting on a counter having an internal debate. I was in Air Canada Elite lounge in Terminal 2 of Lester B. Pearson International Airport in Toronto. Access to the lounge is a benefit Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Mar 1, 2010
- Vancouver: Part ThreeI woke up with a craving for donuts. Since I was in Canada, I was in luck, because Canadian donuts are the best. Tim Horton’s is the Canadian donut and coffee franchise that can be found in every province. They Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 27, 2010
- Chinese New Year, Muay Thai Fight and Clara's BirthdaySorry for not blogging recently! Since we've been back in Chiang Mai we have celebrated Chinese New Year in Chinatown, went to another Muay Thai fight at a different stadium and celebrated our friend Clara's birthday.
We thought Chinese New Posted by Thai-Sarah in Tyler & Sarah - other side of the world | Feb 26, 2010
- MELINDA'S OLYMPIC ADVENTURE FEBRUARY 22-24, 2010 On reading copies of a couple of E-mails to my granddaughter Shannon. Melinda suggested they would make a great BLOG entry so here goes:
" Well number two daughter is safely home after what I think was a Posted by douglasw in Around the World | Feb 24, 2010
- Skiing and sledding, so much fun!It was a day of recuperating after Tuesday's Olympic excitement. We played on the nearby sledding hill in the morning and went skiing in the afternoon. Later on we went to Whistler Village where the Canadians were celebrating silver and Posted by dnhachig in Keeping up with the Domenichigians | Feb 25, 2010
- Vancouver: Part TwoThe third day of the trip was the best day of my vacation, and made me want to move to Vancouver. I spent the day in the company of a native Vancouver resident who could show me the city from Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 24, 2010