Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- First thing to do on a free weekend in S'poreSusan is the first one to send me something to do in Singapore: An exhibit of Mughal jewels (http://bdnews24.com/details.php?id=154006&cid=21). The article has an interview in which the lady explains the reasoning behind having an exhibit of Isla Posted by Goofy9 in Singapore Sling | Feb 23, 2010
- Vancouver: Part OneWe arrived at the border a couple of hours after sunset. The crossing was well lit under halogen lights and there wasn’t any queue to wait in. We drove right up to a booth, and it was here we met Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Feb 23, 2010
- Day 3: Hitting the slopesAnother sunny day at Whistler. This morning we got up and went for stroll in Whistler Village to pick up groceries and a few souvenirs. Afterwards we came back to the condo, grabbed lunch and hit the slopes. Shannon had Posted by dnhachig in Keeping up with the Domenichigians | Feb 22, 2010
- 2010 Century Tuna Superbods RunDefinitely I am not! The term "run" conveys a lot of meaning. Well at least to me. I've had my share of my "running days" from being afraid to face the truth because it would definitely hurt me the most Posted by Bella_Luna in Salve a Tutti | Feb 22, 2010
- Welcome to the Vancouver Winter OlympicsThe Olympics is a celebration of the world's greatest athletes and yet a competition amongst nations. It unites the world, yet also evokes rivalry. It is a time when glory, honor, and prestige fill the news, yet also scandal and Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Feb 20, 2010
- India - Hotel Mahabs New Years Eve SpectacularThe New Years Eve spectacular was being built up by the hotel as something pretty special. As guests of the hotel, we were not just invited, but forced to attend - they (along with others we checked) charged ludicrously Posted by wheretonow in Asia/Americas - Unexpected & Unplanned | Feb 19, 2010
- Olympic-ally InspiredSince the last week of school before winter break, I didn’t have the chance to skate until today. My sister wanted to skate at the ice rink that is on You Yi Lu and by a popular morning supermarket. I’m Posted by myscope in Three Scoops of China | Feb 19, 2010
- Mehr Medaillen für Deutschland Nach der ersten Medaille am Samstag waren wir am Dienstag bereits wieder in Whistler, diesmal zu den Verfolgungsrennen der Damen und Herren und Magdalena Neuner hat diesmal GOLD gewonnen!!! Das Rennen war sehr spannend und die Stimmung wieder super. Die Posted by steftravel in Vancouver 2010 Olympics | Feb 18, 2010
- Where are we staying?A lot of people have asked where we are staying during the Games. Good question. A majority of the Olympic accomodations did not start taking reservations until a year ago in February 2009. That gave us more time to research Posted by dnhachig in Keeping up with the Domenichigians | Feb 18, 2010
- Chinese New Year with FireworksOn the eve of Chinese New Year, I had a large celebration with my family. I woke up around 9 in the morning and was dressed in a T-shirt and black sweatpants. Apparently, no one else dressed up either.
In the Posted by myscope in Three Scoops of China | Feb 17, 2010
- Olympics Sneaky PeakyMuch more to come soon, but in the meantime check out the view from our hotel. Oh yes, that's BC Place directly below my room - where nightly Victory Ceremonies leave first class athletes studded in gold, silver, and bronze. Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Feb 16, 2010
- An Early Valentine's: A Night at the Thee-AH-ta!Well, didn't I get spoiled this Valentine's Day!! This is the first VD that J and I have been able to share in the same city (that's Valentine's Day!! not ... yanno). J surprised me with an early Posted by janicem in J & J Walking in London 2010 | Feb 16, 2010
- 1. Medaille für DeutschlandAm 2. Tag der Olympiade ging es mit dem Bus in den Whistler Olympic Park zum 7.5km Sprint der Frauen. Der Weg hat sich gelohnt, denn Magdalena Neuner hat Silber gewonnen und somit grosse Chancen auf Gold bei der Verfolgung Posted by steftravel in Vancouver 2010 Olympics | Feb 15, 2010
- Muay Thai FightWe bought our tickets at a backpackers travel agent which gave us a deal - 100 baht off! We went for the VIP seats because they were closer and not much more money. We didn't know what we were getting Posted by Thai-Sarah in Tyler & Sarah - other side of the world | Feb 14, 2010
- VACATION GALORE
Note: Read these 40 years from now.
We went to Bohol and it’s A-MA-ZING.
Loved the place so much.
We stayed at Panglao Posted by webbster in webb trips | Feb 12, 2010
- Super Bowl XLIV: Partying Just Above Sea Level in AmsterdamAh, February rolls around and a young North American man’s mind turns to one thing. Cheerleaders... Oh, and chicken wings, and beer, and the hail Mary pass and nickle defences. Okay, a young man’s mind turns to Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | Feb 12, 2010
- HomeI have unfortunately found myself in a very difficult position.
At the beginning of this week I went to a bar with the uncle that lives in my house. He made several passes at me. I was startled by the Posted by Itatiaia in there are places I remember | Feb 11, 2010
- The Benefits of DishonestySneaking into nightclubs underage is an important step in any girl's development because it teaches her to act self-assured even at her most uncertain. Confidence is the most powerful weapon she brings with her where ever she goes, and faking Posted by LeiCran in turkey with a splash of cran | Feb 11, 2010
- Chiang MaiSo we arrived today in Chiang Mai around 1pm and by no means was the train ride short even though we took the overnight train haha. Sleeping on a train isn't a problem for some people depend Posted by Thai-Sarah in Tyler & Sarah - other side of the world | Feb 8, 2010
- Waxing Nostalgic
J's mum, N, was kind enough to score us some tix to the local parochial school's Ladies Indulgence Nite. It's an annual fundraiser aimed at giving mums a much needed bit o' pampering in th Posted by janicem in J & J Walking in London 2010 | Feb 7, 2010
- ChristmasPart of the reason why I decided to come back home during the time that I did was to have the opportunity to celebrate Christmas with my family and friends. While bittersweet, the holiday was definitely filled with wonderful Posted by EveZangel in Wanderlust | Dec 24, 2009
- High School French Class Comes Back to Haunt Me.I remember this vividly. A sharp turn around the corner of the upstairs hall and you were mere feet away from the French room. As you approached the class room, you could already hear Celine Dion’s “Mes Amies” playing Posted by jauntypag in Savoir Vivre: Life in France | Feb 2, 2010
- Publicized VolunteeringLast Saturday was the first time I had ever been on T.V.
Zach, Nancy, and I volunteered at a senior center. Once we entered the building, we were ushered to the side and given orange polo Posted by myscope in Three Scoops of China | Feb 2, 2010
- Bologna & "Bologna Art First" I *think* I have changed the settings so people can comment now.
Wandered around bologna and art galleries. THERE IS SNOW.
Also went to Archeological Museum of Bologna.
Going for gelato... enjoy the random assortment of photos. The photos are bet Posted by AMarcynuk in Italy 2010 | Jan 31, 2010
- Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday Mom/Pat! Hope you have a great day today!
Love you! Posted by Thai-Sarah in Tyler & Sarah - other side of the world | Jan 30, 2010