Blog Entries tagged 'events'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'events'
- Bali, IndonesiaAhh Bali. The very word conjures up exotic images of swaying palms, friendly people, frangipani, and the hypnotic sounds of gongs and gamelons. Yes, some of this is true, but after many years of tourism it Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jul 19, 2010
- Wai Kru Day!I have very vague memories of giving my teachers gifts. There were the years when my parents must have sent me to school with something in my booksack to say thank you. Then I know there was a Posted by decuirrl in a long-winded carte postale | Jul 18, 2010
- The festivals in Buxton, DerbyshireI seem to have arrived in Buxton in the middle of a great big festival. On Wednesday, in an attempt to stay awake, having arrived in the UK at 5:30 in the morning, I went for a walk through the Posted by kithica in A Nomad at Heart | Jul 17, 2010
- Shannon's Swim Lesson[b]Shannon had her one of her bi-weekly swim lessons today. It's held at the St. Helena High School pool, which is outisde. The High School Swim team actually teaches the lessons. It's a pretty neat idea. The only problem is Posted by Vriesema in West Coast Trip | Jul 15, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 9
* Played today's round at World Tour Golf Links, which contains holes 'inspired' by other courses around the world. Very similar to our Wooden Sticks in Toronto but this one had 3 9's and for one price, we got to play Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 14, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 7/8
* Played Willbrook Plantation twice today since replay was only $29! First round shot 100, 2nd round shot 92. One of my fave courses because of the condition and challenge of some of the holes. It winded through a community Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 14, 2010
- Nine Mike-Kilo Uniform Limawow- what a crazy few days. Have just arrived back in KK and collapsed onto my bed having travelled to the tip of Borneo, right down to the bottom and back up. My travels have taken me from the sleepy Posted by mburgass in Malaysia, Truly Asia | Jul 14, 2010
- Vi eier tiden; men tiden eier også oss ~IbsenMed Spotify og Azerbajans MGP- bidrag rullende i bakgrunnen og den ultimate kinesiske ordbok-app'n lasta ned på ny iPhone går mine forbredelser tilnærmet på skinner. I hvertfall etter norsk jernbanestandar, som ikke akkurat er stort å skryte av spør du Posted by heleneruud in My year in China | Jul 11, 2010
- Yet another disclaimerErm. Yes. Well. Ooops?
I'm ashamed to say that there will be a slight lul in entries now. Basically, I have run out of time to upload them, and have a ship to catch. Yes, I am aware that is a Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 14, 2010
- The first Oranje invasion
From there on in, the World Cup proper started for me. Sam, Remco and Luc arrived pretty much on time on Sunday lunchtime, and games could begin to be watched and beer consumed. Come Monday, and it was time to Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 13, 2010
- My brief interlude with BotswanaBecause of my change of plans and 3 week later arrival, all my plans were up in the air. Some things i'd had to cancel, some rearrange. Something that I hadn't been able to change except to delay it was Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 12, 2010
- Cape arrivalFourteen days later, and with only hours to go, Table Mountain slowly began to loom out of the sea ahead. Covered in cloud to be sure, but still an amazing sight, and one I never really expected to see. Stunningly, Posted by Gelli in Gelli goes South-ish | Jul 11, 2010
- Thursday 8th JulyWell, I think I can safely say that I have settled in. At least by Russian standards I have! !
I arrived, as you all know, very safely and I was welcomed into my new home. So monday I started Posted by Russia Project in RUSSIA UTENSHIE PROJECT | Jul 8, 2010
- All Quiet on the Eastern Fronthi everyone. hope you are all well. I just thought I'd give a quick update on my movements, which have unfortunately been very limited this week. The aerial surveys that were meant for tuesday have been pushed back to friday Posted by mburgass in Malaysia, Truly Asia | Jul 8, 2010
- aunty SAMAunty and Uncle is a respectful but endearing way to address an older person. So you may say to your taxi driver, "Just over there Uncle" or to the drinks lady "Aunty, AUNTEEEEEE...another one please."
I don't think a whiney baby Posted by Bushra in Flashpacking | Jul 7, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 5/6
* Played Man O War and shot 86 (my low round of the week!). Course was wide open and in great condition and greens/fairways were soft so my shots didn't have much roll and pretty much stuck where i landed them. Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 4
* Played Wild Wing Avocet and shot 87. Rescue 3-wood was on fire and had the low 9 of the week, +4 on the front nine (7 pars and 2 doubles ugh). Again, we teed off in the afternoon and we Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 2/3
* HOT HOT and humid day today, not sure how we all managed to complete 36 holes but hey, we're golf warriors so we did it.
* Played Traditional Golf Club and shot 96. This was the morning round and I don't Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- Myrtle Beach Golf trip - Round 1The boys and I headed down to Myrtle Beach, SC for our week-long golf trip, something that's been planned for years in the making.
* The drive from our house in Oakville to Plantation Resort took 17 hours! We drove through Posted by dnaman in We're leaving on a jet plane... | Jul 6, 2010
- God Bless AmericaThis past weekend I joined my Dad and Step mom on a mini road-trip to Bend, Oregon where we had a family reunion with all my extended family. It has been years since we all got together and the weekend Posted by Jennylynn in Jennifer's Journeys | Jul 5, 2010
- Central Otago to FjordlandWe drive through the central Otago region with stunning scenery especially around Lake Dunstan. We have lunch in Cromwell which is famous for a (crappy) giant fruit salad at the entrance to the town. It is very small Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jul 5, 2010
- BallardStill raining.
On the deck at Renee and Olivier's.
Quite a way from Lake Union.
Still, we were war Posted by PTTempe in Open Mind | Jul 4, 2010
- Introducing Wilma...The first thing to note upon landing in Christchurch is the temperature...it is FREEZING!!!! Its snowed a few days before and the view from the plane as we land is completely stunning. We are picked up from the Posted by Gavness in Gav & Neeta on the road. | Jul 4, 2010
- Sensation White 2010 Amsterdam AreanaHOLY. MOLEY.
Ok so my goodness what a night! - what a great night!! I honestly did not expect sensation to be this good!
so night began with dinner at the place where i had the awesome BLT, nomnomnom, and Posted by valentinaa in To Amsterdam And Beyond! | Jul 4, 2010
- We are hereHi class and everybody,
I arrived in London Saturday morning for you and Friday night for me.
We are going to Oxford on Wednesday to look for houses and Secondary schools and Primary Schools.
Hope you are having fun without me,
Posted by eviehb in Last day of school | Jul 3, 2010