Blog Entries tagged 'family'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family'
- World Schooling -- The Messy Truth
==What Did World Schooling Look Like For Our Family?==
I started writing this entry when we were at the start of our travels. I'm glad I didn't publish it because I've just gone back and delete Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Jan 31, 2014
- Visit to the Flatlands[center]Massachusetts was a whirlwind visit. Techincally it continues to be....since we are getting dumped on with snow and it's looking like attempted flight back #2 might be bagged tomorrow morning. TBA I suppose. Anyways. Certainly packed everything I Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jan 21, 2014
- Christmas In London Firstly, I apologise for such a late entry. Over the festive season, I didn’t get a chance to write and for the past two weeks I’ve been on the road/sick, so here’s a few entries I’ve been meaning to type Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- My Everest FamilyBefore I get into some detail regarding our 18 day Goyko Ri & Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek I'd first like to introduce you to my Trekking 'Family'. When you spend close to 24 hrs / day for 22 Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 31, 2013
- Experiencing an Azerbaijani wedding
[float=left][/float]Time passes fast and I'm quickly app Posted by CamillaS in By the Caspian Sea | Nov 24, 2013
- Al AinI stayed over 2 weeks with mum and Wayne in their town of Al Ain.
Although it's the third largest city in UAE with 500,000 people it feels smell after Dubai and almost rural.
Places like the local car repair Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Dubai and Mum!After over two years apart I was off to see my mum in Dubai!
She has been living with her kiwi partner Wayne in Al Ain. About 2 hours away from Dubai.
We met at the airport and stayed in a Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Goodbye Europe!After a fantastic couple of weeks I left England, just as the "biggest storm in 50 years" came through, but I didn't really notice and my flight went smoothly.
When I originally booked my round the world trip I didn't know Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 18, 2013
- England!Sorry for not updating my blog, I've been having too much fun meeting up with friends and family!
After a number of questions from the customs officer leaving Germany about why I had a German passport but couldn't speak German, I Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 6, 2013
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- The Pinnacles - back roads and bakeries"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." Greg Anderson
Sunday Drives (which could occur any day of the week) with my dad almost always involved many Posted by mark.kalie.kobi in Travelling Local | Oct 15, 2013
- Friend Connection UKOver the last year or so we have witnessed unbelievable spiritual ceremonies, eaten strange and glorious things, travelled back in time, climbed mountains and got up close and personal with the wild and wonderful. But after a long time on Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 17, 2013
- WHAT? Another Country?I'm not sure if any of you guys have ever had this feeling, but when someone says "We need to talk," every bad thing you've ever done rushes through your mind. Little did I know that instead of a Posted by Ida.gocrazy in Wandering, Not lost | Aug 17, 2013
- 19, Crazy, In Love and In Paris=="Paris is Always a Good Idea" - Audrey Hepburn==
My 19th Birthday. Another year has passed and what an incredible, life changing year it has been.
I cannot actually believe that this time last year I was sitting in a classroom Posted by missadelaide in A Worldly Addiction | Aug 10, 2013
- cracknell and the coppid beechive been to many places...and ive seen amazing things. my family has come and gone and all the while my man has been by my side. we have had fun nights, rough mornings and everything in between. we are finally Posted by tahneeinlondon in tahnee in london | Aug 6, 2013
- Munich!Timing of my visit to Bondorf worked out perfectly as my cousin and his fiancé, who live in Munich, were home for a holiday. I traveled back with them and stayed for 5 days.
Munich is a fun city, especially Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Aug 3, 2013
- Deutschland. Vol 1On the 17th I flew into Frankfurt at 9pm and back into summer after Iceland.
This day was also special because its 4 months since I left New Zealand!
I stayed one night in a hostel in the city. In the Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Jul 26, 2013
- Running amok in the libraries of the NorthI know it's been a while since I last wrote, and I'm very sorry, yes, but the weather has magically improved and I'm here to tell you about what I do at the Maine Historical Society, which is technically the Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jul 26, 2013
- Whose Really in Control Here? "Perfect obedience would be perfect happiness if only we had perfect confidence in the Power we were obeying.”
Hannah Whitall Smith
It’s Friday morning. One day after arriving in Portland, Oregon. We are sitting in a slightly dirty motel room. Posted by jessp2386 in Searching for the Source | Jul 20, 2013
- Deep Apologies... & etc. ...Hello all,
I'm very sorry I haven't been writing anything for...three weeks? It may have seemed like I'd dropped off the planet, but never fear, I'm back!
I've been a bit lazy these last few weeks in terms of my free Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jul 17, 2013
- A Trip Inspired by GenealogyI was lamenting the fact that I would not be at Stonehenge for the Solstice this year as we had planned. As I spoke I was thinking about next summer; the trip to Indonesia, perhaps the trip to Europe we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 27, 2013
- Bewitched in Oudewater[float=left][/float]Today being our last full day in Holland, we decided to finish it the way we started, by a last visit to Tante R Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 6, 2013
- Family and Emigration[float=left][/float]As I have alluded to in past blog posts, this is the second trip for me and Muriel to the Netherlands. The last visit was in 1992, alm Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 2, 2013
- Kid Interviews III
===Alex and Leah Interview Each Other About their Experiences at [[http://www.saveelephant.org|The Elephant Nature Park]]
(M Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | May 30, 2013
- Arizona, Colorado, Utah & WyomingI left California and headed east through Phoenix, Arizona to Denver, Colorado where my brother Hugh and his fiancé Fiona live.
After 6 weeks of travel, only staying in the same place a couple of times, it was great to Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | May 29, 2013