Blog Entries tagged 'family'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family'
- Racing Ghosts & Near Death Laugther[center]It feels very strange to be writing an entry from a place other than sandwiched between two large men in the middle seat somewhere on the back-half of a Southwest flight. Got to L-O-V-E having boarding position C48 every. damn. Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jul 16, 2014
- The Street Children of The Philippines
ChildHope Asia Philippines is an international, non-profit , non-political, non-sectarian organization whose principal purpose is to advocate for the cause of street children in the Philippine Posted by m_mendoza in A Day in The Life of Markeezy | Jul 9, 2014
- Family Trip is More Fun in the PhilippinesAs promised that once the family car's in the metro I will tour the family around, so Tagaytay was first in line, considering that one, it's adjacent to Metro Manila, two, it's Sunday and the city's places of worship run Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 24, 2014
- Day 18 - In the Shadow of Mt. Adams
We drove from Hood River, which is in northern Oregon, to the ceremony, which was Posted by danielcatherine in Daniel and Catherine's Adventures | Jun 22, 2014
- First day with the famzTook an early Friday bus to Berlin. Spent some time at the bus station just waiting for them to pick me up in the car, due to issues with the car and gps. Then when we thought we'd be on Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Jun 15, 2014
- Starting June The Right Way==[center]Welcome to Texas![/center]==
[center]Who doesn’t want to take a breath AND get hydrated at the same time. Some may call it humidity. I call it efficiency. There were of course some other subtle reminders encountered along the way, just in case Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jun 2, 2014
- Testing, testing!Hello, all!
Just getting ready to go before the big departure!
Here are some photos of home that I've taken the past week to show to my host family in Japan. Posted by LSP3000 in Tokyo, Seoul, Nagoya, and Kyoto | May 18, 2014
- A good week[center][/center]
When you journal, the level of detail in the descriptions depends greatly on the time passed between entries. What wou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 30, 2014
- Flying AdventuresI made my 6:30am flight but had stuff in my hands still packing as I was trying to check in. Once I got down to the gate I opened my carry on and finished packing.
I knew that I had plenty Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 27, 2014
- Easter and all thatBeautiful weather, all the family visiting with Nick back from Macquarie Island, beer and wine in the fridge and - Hey Presto - it's a pants down party, with one slightly embarrassed (near) teen.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/670321/IMG_4720.jpg Posted by SamSueEurope in Keep up - an Australian family odyssey | Apr 21, 2014
- List It Out. [center]In Massachusetts one of the biggest and most important roles I fulfilled was "Advisor" to the Outdoor Wilderness Leader youth group. The "OWLs". Now this goes way further back than just a handful of years. To best paint this picture Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Apr 23, 2014
- Visiting the LivingOf course, the best part of any trip are the people we meet along the way. Oklahoma was no different.
We first went to my mom’s first cousin, Bill. Bill is the son of my grandmother’s younger brother. Bill offered Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 12, 2014
- Introducing a Granddaughter to her Ancestors I had a conference in Dallas to attend as I needed to obtain some yearly certifications. I thought it might be good to take a couple of extra days and go to see some family stuff.
My maternal grandmother was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 10, 2014
- On leaving a continent[center][/center]
Six months it was. Six months ago I arrived in Kuala Lumpur for the first time. On that day I knew nothing. Coming ou Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Apr 7, 2014
- Family time in Zanzibar & Mombasa!===ZANZIBAR BABY!===
And so after experiencing the full on camping and safari tour throughout Africa we finally got to finish it off in a paradise called Zanzibar! Not only did we get the chance to sleep in nice beds (instead of Posted by Ebadis.AAAtrip in M&S AAA trip! | Mar 30, 2014
- I Know You CareI know you care
I feel it all around me
When I am near or far
It extends any distance
Winding its way across oceans
Through narrow dimly lit roads
Through the cracks in the pavement
Through the cracks in those cracks
Slipping under my door
You Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Mar 24, 2014
- Sol y Luna Let me post this before I fall asleep on the spot.
Where did I last stop? I think before we left for the bus station in barca.
DB and I had two cheeseburgers each for dinner, while hungry TZ had Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 22, 2014
- World Schooling -- The Messy Truth
==What Did World Schooling Look Like For Our Family?==
I started writing this entry when we were at the start of our travels. I'm glad I didn't publish it because I've just gone back and delete Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | Jan 31, 2014
- Visit to the Flatlands[center]Massachusetts was a whirlwind visit. Techincally it continues to be....since we are getting dumped on with snow and it's looking like attempted flight back #2 might be bagged tomorrow morning. TBA I suppose. Anyways. Certainly packed everything I Posted by AubreyJ in Road to the Gold | Jan 21, 2014
- Christmas In London Firstly, I apologise for such a late entry. Over the festive season, I didn’t get a chance to write and for the past two weeks I’ve been on the road/sick, so here’s a few entries I’ve been meaning to type Posted by missadelaide in Thoughts of a Crimson Haired Girl | Jan 13, 2014
- My Everest FamilyBefore I get into some detail regarding our 18 day Goyko Ri & Everest Base Camp (EBC) trek I'd first like to introduce you to my Trekking 'Family'. When you spend close to 24 hrs / day for 22 Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Dec 31, 2013
- Experiencing an Azerbaijani wedding
[float=left][/float]Time passes fast and I'm quickly app Posted by CamillaS in By the Caspian Sea | Nov 24, 2013
- Al AinI stayed over 2 weeks with mum and Wayne in their town of Al Ain.
Although it's the third largest city in UAE with 500,000 people it feels smell after Dubai and almost rural.
Places like the local car repair Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Dubai and Mum!After over two years apart I was off to see my mum in Dubai!
She has been living with her kiwi partner Wayne in Al Ain. About 2 hours away from Dubai.
We met at the airport and stayed in a Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 22, 2013
- Goodbye Europe!After a fantastic couple of weeks I left England, just as the "biggest storm in 50 years" came through, but I didn't really notice and my flight went smoothly.
When I originally booked my round the world trip I didn't know Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 18, 2013