Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- A Mountain Top Birthday Celebration in Bhutan
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
Kuzoozangpo La - Greetings!
Have you ever been to Bhutan, Land of the Thunder Dragon, otherwise known as the country which invented the [[htt Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Nov 5, 2015
- Discovering Myanmar (Part 1)[center][/center]
© The Wind Riders. All rights reserved.
We’re a family of three who love to travel. Getting ready for our next big trip to Europe and North Afr Posted by The Wind Riders in The Wind Riders | Oct 28, 2015
- Have Baby. Will Travel. I've gotten slightly disheartened lately by all of my single friends posts about not having babies. Everyone makes their own decision, or life decides it for them, and I know I shouldn’t take it personally. But one of the pros, Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Oct 4, 2015
- Nesting Turtles, Tortuguero, Costa Rica When we planned our trip to Costa Rica we, well, we didn't. We flew into San Jose late at night, got lost on the way to our hotel, and spent the evening deciding which coast to go to. We picked Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Sep 26, 2015
- Zacatlán de las Manzanas, Puebla One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to visit a new place in Mexico. Not a new museum or just driving through another state, but actually visiting a new place and getting out of the car and walking Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Sep 15, 2015
- A Not So Fun Vacation DayIt was a 15-hour drive from Craters of the Moon down and over to Kings Canyon in the west side of the Sierras. We’d planned to stop in Reno and take our granddaughter to breakfast at the Excalibur. Oops! Excalibur Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 30, 2015
- Rovaniemi and JyvaskylaI decided not to clog up the Christmas in July post with the other thing we did in Rovaniemi - and we weren't there long really, so went to one museum and for a short walk along the river...
It Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 22, 2015
- Christmas in July'Tis the season to be jolly - as a relocated Australian, I certainly think that the summer season is a perfectly sensible time to be celebrating Christmas, and so as we were in Rovaniemi, which is the official hometown of Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 21, 2015
- Nord KappWe made it! We reached our destination. The goal for this driving holiday was to reach the most northern point of mainland Europe, and we did it.
Actually we reached t Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 20, 2015
- Made it to BanffThe truck was finished on Sunday late afternoon, we stowed our belongings, hitched up and left Vancouver. We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2015
- Adventures and Mis-Adventures in VancouverWe were in Vancouver on our way to Alaska, with our older grandkids, about 4 years ago. We’d stopped in Stanley Park and stumbled upon the area with the Totem Poles. We thought that it would be a good place Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- On to OsloWe arrived fresh and ready to hit Oslo after a night on the Ferry... amazingly smooth journey. We packed up our little cabin, and headed down to the car deck. Once our GPS booted up and realised it had moved Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- Seattle with CousinsWe’ve spent most of the last two days in Seattle with Dale’s cousin and his wife. We try to stop when we are in the area, usually passing thru to Canada.
Dale and his cousin were close as young boys and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 10, 2015
- A Visit To A VolcanoOn to Washington and 1st stop Mt. St. Helens.
As I wrote in an earlier blog, our granddaughter was anxious to see a volcano and here was a big one.
We arrived and planted our RV at the KOA close to the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2015
- Next Stop... CopenhagenOn the way to Copenhagen, we managed to spend an amazing afternoon catching up with old friends from Shanghai. They have a summer house in Hojby, on the coast of Zealand. We got there about 2pm, and had a traditional Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 7, 2015
- A Little HikingSunday was our last day in Oregon and we spent the morning at Multnomah Falls, a place that Clayton and Jen have been to before.
The park has a paved trail to the top of the falls, however, much Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2015
- Downtime with the FamilyWe arrived in Oregon City by 10pm. We were happy to get out of the car, after about 14 hours, and have some wine with our son and daughter-in-law. Grandkids were happy to be together at last.
It has been Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 4, 2015
- So what's in Billund?THIS:
After we crossed the Danish Border, we were heading to Billund, and then as we approached Legoland we explained to the kids that we would be visiting Legoland the next day, and th Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 4, 2015
- And the Grandkids Trip Is Rolling As usual, the train was late in rolling away. 2 hours later than we’d hoped to leave but finally what was left behind was a done deal.
Our first destination was Foresthill, a small town in the forest Northeast of Sacramento. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 30, 2015
- Hamburg HappeningsSo after all the preparations and packing, we set off with the box on the top of the car... loaded for a four week driving holiday!!
And drove 4 hours from our house to our first AirBNB place Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 30, 2015
- Shopping for the Big Time2nd stop with Zaya was Costco. As it turned out our son ran really late so we had little time to shop on Friday, which was fine. Saturday morning we left and ran to a big box store where they Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2015
- The Granddaughter TripThis upcoming trip is different in that we will bring only 1 grandchild and it is really a first long “Grandkids Trip” for her. We’ve done short trips but always included the other young cousins.
Our granddaughter is so excited about Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 26, 2015
- Summer 2015 is Vacation TimeWork has been all-consuming for so many months. But that will mostly be behind us now, at least very soon. I’ll try to write about working in Boston, saying goodbye to a friend one last time, and other stories. Maybe Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 24, 2015
- Brussels and LondonSo after a few quick days at home, changing clothes and sleeping in our own bed, and driving our real car... we headed off on the next stage of our Spring Break... a train to Brussels.
Brussels was gorgeous. We stayed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015