Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 2It was the perfect night for sleeping in a tent - cool and not too damp. We awoke refreshed and ready for some adventure.
[img=ht Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 9, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 1Camping for the Wandrin' clan is a complicated and laborious undertaking. Many lists are compiled and days of preparation are required for a successful outing. On the day of departure, the spatial expertise of an engineer is required Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 5, 2011
- Down by the Lake SuperiorThe road from Yellowstone to Duluth is long! Long with lots of delays. We thought it would be a 17 hour drive and maybe it was, but it seems to drag on and on.
There is lots of road work going Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2011
- A Day In YellowstoneWe did arrive in Yellowstone but not when we wanted, it was late in the evening and the park campgrounds were full. I should have guessed that the campgrounds would be full before leaving but I had no time to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 30, 2011
- They're Off, On the 7th Annual Grandkids TripOur plan was to leave early arriving in Yellowstone late at night, alas that was not to be. Since I was not in bed Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 27, 2011
- The Annual Grandkids TripSo having been home for a few weeks it is now time to start major planning on our upcoming road trip as we leave on Sat. Talk about putting things off until the last minute.
Last year on our way home Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 23, 2011
- Almost One Day in Ocean City, MDAs a kind of end of the school year celebration, we headed to Ocean City, Maryland for the annual Air Show. To make things a little easier, we drove down on Friday evening, stayed at the Spinnaker in 17th Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jun 12, 2011
- Move Over Wiener, Here Comes the Beef
Classes completed and a quick weekend getaway to Cordoba, we were left with a few days before we made the dreaded long haul flight back to the States. What to do? What to do? As Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- It's Tangolicious with a Yogurt Surprise
'Inside the Museo de la Ciudad'
[b]One man presided over the ritual. He filled the hot brown gourds Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- If You Think That Is Big . . .
A classmate asked me if I had tried any Argentina helado. Empanadas, absolutely. Pizza, no doubt. But Argentine ice cream, not yet. I hadn't actually seen any ice cream stores. Then th Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- I'll Look Down the Eye of a Tiger, for One Moneda
'Empanadas, Yes we will talk about food again'
Two weeks of constant supervision and care of little Sophie Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Argentina, You Might Think About Crying For UsThere are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. - Walt Streightiff
After much planning and anticipation, the day to begin our 5 week study abroad trip to Argentina arrived.
The idea Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- ¡Uh-Oh! Dulce de Leche Happens
Nadine walked into the bedroom with Sophie in her arms and sat on the bed, and greeted me in Spanish, "¡Feliz Cumpleaños! Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Cochin IndiaWe hope all are well and keeping warm and dry. We on the other hand are hot and wet. We spent 4 hours ashore today in Cochin India and it was 38 degrees and 85% humidity and we needed to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 16, 2011
- Penang May 11th 2011Up early this morning for our Tour of Penang Island. One of the best things about our tour was our guide who told us we would finish the tour Sweaty, Slimy, Saturated, and possibly Smelly. We climbed what appeared to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 11, 2011
- KUALA LUMPUR - HOT HOT!!!Spent the day with our own taxi into KL from Port Kelang which is where we docked today - About an hour in an air-conditioned taxi was blessed relief. We saw the outside of the Sultan's Palace, the largest Chinese Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 10, 2011
- 3rd Seaday from PerthWell here we are on our 3 sailing day gradually restoring our energies and enjoying as much as the ship has to offer and having fun! 2 nights ago before we heard about our dog's efforts in tunnelling under Mark Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 5, 2011
- 2 Sleeps to goIn a little over 30 hours we will be on our way on Sun Princess. All are well and packing etc 99% complete. Having a few problems with luggage but what's new? Melinda and Josh have been upgraded and hopefully Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 1, 2011
- 7 Days to go!Every one is finally well. After a week of visiting hospital we now look forward to next week and our flight across the Nullabor to Sun Princess at Fremantle. Will then have almost a week at sea to relax before Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | Apr 25, 2011
- Xi'an - Day 2
Have been home again and caught up with regular life and haven't had time to write about the rest of what we saw in Xi'an. It is a fairly small spot, but because of the Warrior drawcard Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 16, 2011
- Off to Xi'anIt's been a long time since entries, and I didn't post at all when I took the two kids back to Melbourne for 7 weeks home leave over Christmas. But managed lots of exciting activities, including a few days Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 1, 2011
- Home nowDear all
Thank goodness for Qantas Club.
Got into Sydney and waited for your flight. Went to the departure gate and after milling around for a little while was advised there would be a slight delay. So off to the nearest coffee Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 7, 2011
- Heading homeHi All
This will most likely be the last entry to the blog. At this point we are sitting in Qantas Club Sydney on the way home. Our plane leaves about 15:00 Sydney time and we should be back in Perth Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 5, 2011
- HobartDear All
Arrived back in Hobart. Drive down from Strahan was thankfully uneventful although all the bends in those roads made life just a little interesting. Nearly got run off the road by a truck who really was speeding up a Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011
- Strahan tour continuesI'd made arrangements to be called if there were 2 other people interested in taking the same tour with us on the Helicopter. Reason being they like to take a full load and it keeps the costs down for all Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011