Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 3I was floating in that neverland between wakefulness and sleep when the first large dollops of rain began to hit the roof of the tent. Jay hadn't come to bed yet and I could hear him pulling tarps out Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 19, 2011
- Hike to Sprague LakeWaking up in Rocky Mountain National Park is a wondrous thing. The Glacier Basin is surrounded by mountains so clouds are over some with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2011
- HDTV Cruise Port Cams Provide Cruise FixYou've returned from that memorable cruise and you're already counting down the days until your next one. However, it's quite some time until that next sail-away. You already miss the feel and smell of the salty air. Missed is the Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Jul 17, 2011
- London and Wales omnibusWhat is an omnibus? Here in the UK, at the end of each week there is a 'catch up' show repeating all the episodes of a soapie, just in case you missed it. As I have not been particularly Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 16, 2011
- Now to the RockiesWe’d planned to spend 3 days in Rocky National Park but having never been there before were unsure of what exactly we would do. Then in Minnesota, Crawford called asking me to please attend a workshop in Dallas, they would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2011
- Detour on the Cut-Off RoadThe new adventure began after leaving Mt. Rushmore; we were heading southeast towards Wounded Knee, then planned to turn south. It was ge Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- Crazy Horse & Mt. Rushmore8 years ago we came thru this area on our way to Mt. Rushmore passing the Crazy Horse sculpture. We didn’t stop because we did not want to spend too much extra money but did take photos from the r Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- A Birthday in the BadlandsThe Badlands are an interesting place; it reminds me of the Grand Canyon in a way. The northern part appears to have larger, taller butte Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- A Return to Pierre S.D.From the shore we headed straight south then west to Pierre, the capital of South Dakota.
We’d been to Pierre 8 years ago and wanted Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2011
- 4th of July in Custer, S.D.Before we could leave the Badlands we had to make one last trip to the Visitor’s center for the last purchases: a Junior Ranger hat for Christabel, books for Elias, water bottles for the RV.
Today is July 4th so we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2011
- Jet lag, or waking a sleeping 4 year oldWe made it... We are in London, having ticked off the final packing and organisation required in Shanghai. The flight was ok, the kids were good, but both were sound asleep believing it was the middle of the night when Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 11, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 2It was the perfect night for sleeping in a tent - cool and not too damp. We awoke refreshed and ready for some adventure.
[img=ht Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 9, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 1Camping for the Wandrin' clan is a complicated and laborious undertaking. Many lists are compiled and days of preparation are required for a successful outing. On the day of departure, the spatial expertise of an engineer is required Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 5, 2011
- Down by the Lake SuperiorThe road from Yellowstone to Duluth is long! Long with lots of delays. We thought it would be a 17 hour drive and maybe it was, but it seems to drag on and on.
There is lots of road work going Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2011
- A Day In YellowstoneWe did arrive in Yellowstone but not when we wanted, it was late in the evening and the park campgrounds were full. I should have guessed that the campgrounds would be full before leaving but I had no time to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 30, 2011
- They're Off, On the 7th Annual Grandkids TripOur plan was to leave early arriving in Yellowstone late at night, alas that was not to be. Since I was not in bed Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 27, 2011
- The Annual Grandkids TripSo having been home for a few weeks it is now time to start major planning on our upcoming road trip as we leave on Sat. Talk about putting things off until the last minute.
Last year on our way home Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 23, 2011
- Almost One Day in Ocean City, MDAs a kind of end of the school year celebration, we headed to Ocean City, Maryland for the annual Air Show. To make things a little easier, we drove down on Friday evening, stayed at the Spinnaker in 17th Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jun 12, 2011
- Move Over Wiener, Here Comes the Beef
Classes completed and a quick weekend getaway to Cordoba, we were left with a few days before we made the dreaded long haul flight back to the States. What to do? What to do? As Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- It's Tangolicious with a Yogurt Surprise
'Inside the Museo de la Ciudad'
[b]One man presided over the ritual. He filled the hot brown gourds Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- If You Think That Is Big . . .
A classmate asked me if I had tried any Argentina helado. Empanadas, absolutely. Pizza, no doubt. But Argentine ice cream, not yet. I hadn't actually seen any ice cream stores. Then th Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- I'll Look Down the Eye of a Tiger, for One Moneda
'Empanadas, Yes we will talk about food again'
Two weeks of constant supervision and care of little Sophie Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Argentina, You Might Think About Crying For UsThere are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. - Walt Streightiff
After much planning and anticipation, the day to begin our 5 week study abroad trip to Argentina arrived.
The idea Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- ¡Uh-Oh! Dulce de Leche Happens
Nadine walked into the bedroom with Sophie in her arms and sat on the bed, and greeted me in Spanish, "¡Feliz Cumpleaños! Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Cochin IndiaWe hope all are well and keeping warm and dry. We on the other hand are hot and wet. We spent 4 hours ashore today in Cochin India and it was 38 degrees and 85% humidity and we needed to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 16, 2011