Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Last LegSo we left Wales and headed back to London for the last five days of our holiday, this was a little longer than anticipated, but my little sister was having a party on the Saturday night, so we wanted to Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Oct 19, 2011
- Our last week in WalesGetting back to base in Pontypool was good, and we took a couple of quiet days out just playing in the sunshine, and doing local activities. I spent a lot of time stocking up on essentials and some 'exotic Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Oct 18, 2011
- CRUISE VACATIONCRUISE FACT: Cruises give travelers the convenience of packing and unpacking once, the comfort of a “home away from home” for the duration of the trip, but also the opportunity to visit a multitude of destinations on one vacation.
When Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Sep 11, 2011
- Outer Banks, NC - August 2011Every two years, my family (parents, sister and her family, brother and his family, and my family) spend one much anticipated and very restorative week in Ocean Hills on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. My brother and his Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Aug 26, 2011
- CLA Game FairWednesday night - Paris, France
Thursday night - New Inn, Wales
Friday night - Stony Stratford, England
Saturday - CLA Game Fair....
What is the CLA Game Fair?? It's the Country Landowners Association annual fair. We were going with my lovely frie Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 5, 2011
- Paris is fantastic, reallyFour days in Paris, what could be more lovely? We had checked the weather forecast and seen that it was supposed to be four days of rain, but the Eurostar was booked and the hotel was booked... Paris in Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 4, 2011
- Grand Canyon, Day 3Today was the last day of our grandkids trip and we had lots to pack in.
1s Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 25, 2011
- Grand Canyon, Day 2We had planned to get up early, be on the 8a.m. shuttle to the end of the road at Herman’s Rest then go on the 9a.m. Family Ranger Hike d Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 25, 2011
- Grand Canyon, Day 1Another day of driving and we were at the Grand Canyon south rim. As the campgrounds were full we stopped at a campground just south of t Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 25, 2011
- A Day in TaosI hate it when I’ve written a bunch and then it gets deleted. So I must start this day’s blog over:
The plan for Taos was mostly eating, the Taos Pueblo, The San Francisco de Asis and more eati Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 25, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 3I was floating in that neverland between wakefulness and sleep when the first large dollops of rain began to hit the roof of the tent. Jay hadn't come to bed yet and I could hear him pulling tarps out Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 19, 2011
- Hike to Sprague LakeWaking up in Rocky Mountain National Park is a wondrous thing. The Glacier Basin is surrounded by mountains so clouds are over some with Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 19, 2011
- HDTV Cruise Port Cams Provide Cruise FixYou've returned from that memorable cruise and you're already counting down the days until your next one. However, it's quite some time until that next sail-away. You already miss the feel and smell of the salty air. Missed is the Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Jul 17, 2011
- London and Wales omnibusWhat is an omnibus? Here in the UK, at the end of each week there is a 'catch up' show repeating all the episodes of a soapie, just in case you missed it. As I have not been particularly Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 16, 2011
- Now to the RockiesWe’d planned to spend 3 days in Rocky National Park but having never been there before were unsure of what exactly we would do. Then in Minnesota, Crawford called asking me to please attend a workshop in Dallas, they would Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2011
- Detour on the Cut-Off RoadThe new adventure began after leaving Mt. Rushmore; we were heading southeast towards Wounded Knee, then planned to turn south. It was ge Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- Crazy Horse & Mt. Rushmore8 years ago we came thru this area on our way to Mt. Rushmore passing the Crazy Horse sculpture. We didn’t stop because we did not want to spend too much extra money but did take photos from the r Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- A Birthday in the BadlandsThe Badlands are an interesting place; it reminds me of the Grand Canyon in a way. The northern part appears to have larger, taller butte Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2011
- A Return to Pierre S.D.From the shore we headed straight south then west to Pierre, the capital of South Dakota.
We’d been to Pierre 8 years ago and wanted Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2011
- 4th of July in Custer, S.D.Before we could leave the Badlands we had to make one last trip to the Visitor’s center for the last purchases: a Junior Ranger hat for Christabel, books for Elias, water bottles for the RV.
Today is July 4th so we Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 12, 2011
- Jet lag, or waking a sleeping 4 year oldWe made it... We are in London, having ticked off the final packing and organisation required in Shanghai. The flight was ok, the kids were good, but both were sound asleep believing it was the middle of the night when Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 11, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 2It was the perfect night for sleeping in a tent - cool and not too damp. We awoke refreshed and ready for some adventure.
[img=ht Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 9, 2011
- Camping in the Poconos, July 2011 - Day 1Camping for the Wandrin' clan is a complicated and laborious undertaking. Many lists are compiled and days of preparation are required for a successful outing. On the day of departure, the spatial expertise of an engineer is required Posted by sjyoder in Wandrin' Round | Jul 5, 2011
- Down by the Lake SuperiorThe road from Yellowstone to Duluth is long! Long with lots of delays. We thought it would be a 17 hour drive and maybe it was, but it seems to drag on and on.
There is lots of road work going Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 5, 2011
- A Day In YellowstoneWe did arrive in Yellowstone but not when we wanted, it was late in the evening and the park campgrounds were full. I should have guessed that the campgrounds would be full before leaving but I had no time to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 30, 2011