Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Preparing for BackpackingWe did just get home from camping, haven’t done anything about repairing the RV floor and yet here we are planning a backpack trip. We will leave next week.
Here are a few of the details: we will hike to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2012
- A Little Celebration of Life Before the Drive HomeWhat a difference a couple of years made. Grandkids helped so much with the packing up. It used to be that it would take us hours to get Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2012
- Hanoi - first days in VietnamSo almost as soon as we took off, and had a meal, it felt like they were preparing the cabin for landing... such a short hop for our long haul seasoned little travellers this was. In fact the flight Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 13, 2012
- One Last Night at Grover Hot SpringsGrover Hot Springs has lots of stuff to do for all ages; rocks to climb and to watch stars by at night, trails to hike, trees to sit unde Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2012
- A Hard Night In Grover Hot SpringsOur run of luck, or rather no luck, has passed on to Clayton and Jen. Apparently their blow-up mattress deflated in the night so that the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 11, 2012
- China Maritime MuseumOn the last Friday in June the kids and I got up to a bright blue sky revelling in the knowledge that it was the very first day of the long summer holiday, eight weeks of summer stretching out lazily Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 9, 2012
- A Quiet 4th of July at Grover Hot SpringsWednesday morning, July 4th, Grover Hot Springs, CA and the adventure just keeps going!
We arrived at the nice early hour of 3a.m. having driven over a great cut off, Highway 89 from the 395. We drove over an hour at Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2012
- A Birthday on the Road to Grover Hot SpringsGrandkids trips take a huge amount of planning, at least in order to save as much money as possible. We plan meals and most activities before hand and go to the store with huge lists in hand. This Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2012
- Swimming in the RVThe camping trip is upon up us, we leave this afternoon and hopefully not hours later than planned, us being Dale and I plus 3 granddaughters and the daughter of our Belgium friend.
Our grands Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 3, 2012
- The day after...There's a bit of a feeling of relief the day after a big event. Everything went off smoothly, the rain didn't really upset the day, it was good to catch up with friends and family in such a convivial Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 29, 2012
- Wedding BellsOK this one is a photo essay:
We started the morning off by meeting at the hairdressers where our stylists were going to work wonders with our hair. I arrived and Mum was done, and Marnie was looking gorgeous. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 29, 2012
- Build up to the weddingThis has been sitting in draft form for 2 months now, so decided to give myself a little kick and get it published before we head off on summer holidays!!!!
So with 5 days to go to the main Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 29, 2012
- Welcome ...Yes, we are off again for another adventure in the northern hemisphere. We still have 2 more sleeps but hope you will enjoy sharing our journey as we travel to Singapore, Denmark, Poland, Scotland, England and Ireland. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Jun 26, 2012
- A Surprise Father's Day WeekendWe are off to Petaluma to spend the weekend with our youngest son and family. This is a different weekend though because it is a surprise weekend for our son.
Jen asked if we’d come up and do a surprise Father’s Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 8, 2012
- Photos and more to followJust to let you know, I have posted photos from our Guilin and Yangshuo holiday here on Travellerspoint...
Here are a couple of my favourites, such a beautiful spot in China:
[img=http://phot Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 4, 2012
- Pre-wedding week-weekWe made it. Minor panic when we arrived at Pudong airport and queued to check in as Mum was handed a letter that advised that because our flight was overbooked we wouldn't have seats on the plane... however as Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 25, 2012
- The big London weddingIt feels like we haven't had time to pause since getting back from Yangshuo and Guilin, and indeed we have had a couple of interesting days just home in Shanghai... we had a lovely lunch out at Di Shui Dong, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 11, 2012
- GuilinOver the few days we were staying in Yangshuo, we really got to know all the staff at the Village Inn, and also many of the drivers. For the trip to Guilin, Didi was particularly impressed when we climbed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 10, 2012
- Bavaria, GermanyDestination: Bavaria, Germany
Date of Travel: November 2010
Travel By: Flight from London to Munich, Rental Car in Germany
Length of Trip: 6 Days, 4 full days of sightseeing
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Nov 7, 2010
- Northumberland, EnglandDestination: Northumberland, England
Date of Travel: November 2011
Travel By: Car
Length of Trip: 5 Days total, 3 full days of sightseeing
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 7), a YoungerBoy (age 3)
[img=h Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Nov 6, 2011
- YangshuoYangshuo was everything I anticipated and more!! We were up and at it on our first full day. Primed with a full breakfast, we set off to go rafting. Rafting sounds far more adventurous than our trip was, but it Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 6, 2012
- And we are off again..."How would you like to go on a plane?", I asked my three year old. He replied "Yes, let's go to the airport".
What I neglected to mention was that we would get up first at silly o'clock, then take a Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 1, 2012
- Yarra Valley, Canberra and more MelbourneAfter Mike left, we were hardly sitting still for any time at all... so while waiting for Auntie Marnie and her fiancé James to arrive
* played at Central Park
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/304851/IMG_0002.jpg thumb=http://photos.travell Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 20, 2012
- Christmas and New YearSo, I'm now back in China, and updating my travel journal retrospectively, and it seems a long time since Christmas especially... but I think it is worth documenting.
Arriving back from Sydney, Mum and Dad had collected the Christmas tree, which Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jan 21, 2012
- Exploring the ExploratoriumAfter getting adults off to the Fancy Foods we piled the kids in the truck and were off to Lucas Films then the Exploratorium.
We had planned to eat lunch with Clayton at Lucas Films but he got busy with work Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jan 19, 2012