Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Off to Xi'anIt's been a long time since entries, and I didn't post at all when I took the two kids back to Melbourne for 7 weeks home leave over Christmas. But managed lots of exciting activities, including a few days Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 1, 2011
- Home nowDear all
Thank goodness for Qantas Club.
Got into Sydney and waited for your flight. Went to the departure gate and after milling around for a little while was advised there would be a slight delay. So off to the nearest coffee Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 7, 2011
- Heading homeHi All
This will most likely be the last entry to the blog. At this point we are sitting in Qantas Club Sydney on the way home. Our plane leaves about 15:00 Sydney time and we should be back in Perth Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 5, 2011
- HobartDear All
Arrived back in Hobart. Drive down from Strahan was thankfully uneventful although all the bends in those roads made life just a little interesting. Nearly got run off the road by a truck who really was speeding up a Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011
- Strahan tour continuesI'd made arrangements to be called if there were 2 other people interested in taking the same tour with us on the Helicopter. Reason being they like to take a full load and it keeps the costs down for all Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011
- Strahan tourDear All
We went on the Wilderness Railway train trip today and it was truly breathtakingly beautiful.
The train itself has such history and the people working on the tour all seem to be so good at what they do. We were Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 2, 2011
- StrahanGday All
Drove up to Strahan yesterday. My goodness. I've never seen roads that twisted, turned up and down all in the same stretch of road with 100 metre drop offs just inches from the door.
I think Ron found the part Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 1, 2011
- Tassie AdventuresArrived in Tassie Thursday 30th and picked up the Hire Car.
Found the B&B we were booked into. Thank goodness for GPS.
Had a wonderful dinner over looking the Bellerive area and the Yacht Club.
Drove to Pt Aurthur on Friday 31st and Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 31, 2010
- Rest DayDear All
Have loaded a video onto Facebook showing the Tiger Cubs at Mogo Zoo.
Am in the process of loading a video up on the White Lions which hopefully isn't too long but is great to see the Lions and their Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 28, 2010
- Back in SydneyDear All
Travelled back to Sydney today. Only took about 3hrs. All the traffic seemed to be heading in the other direction, which really did it for me!
Just that bit warmer now, which is a good thing because I've been just Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 27, 2010
- Batemans Bay and Mogo ZooWent to Mogo Zoo today. It is a private zoo run on the outskirts of a small town called Mogo.
Wonderful different animals kept in what seems like very good enclosures. Saw beautiful Tiger cubs, tigers, Lions and White Lions as Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 26, 2010
- Boxing DayLeft just after 11:00 to drive down to Batemans Bay.
Traffic was a horror. Clearly every man and his dog, ute, jet ski and boat decided to be on the Princes Highway. Made it into Batemans Bay about 16:30. Motel not Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 25, 2010
- August 1, 2010[b]I sent the weather report out about 9:56 AM.
Updated weather report sent out at 10:10 AM for Nica in Brno, Czech Republic.
I biked to Coborn’s to go to the US Bank ATM to get $100.00 from my US bank Posted by rjhfargo in Richard's Travels | Nov 24, 2010
- Aarhus - and there's more ...While I think we have seen our share of churches during our holiday, we did find a couple more which I thought may be of interest due to their historical significance.
While travelling into Aarhus on the bus one day, we Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 27, 2010
- Aarhus: back home againWe moved into our second exchange home when returning from Spain, a 1 bedroom apartment in a large complex at Risskov (a northern suburb of Aarhus), only 800m or so from the beach, and the beautiful Ris Skov forest. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 25, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - SevilleSeville is Spain's 4th largest city. The Rio Guadalquivir flows gently through the city of Seville which is divided into four separate areas on the eastern side (with a vibrant central shopping hub) and other traditional Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 25, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaWe caught the bus into Granada and spent several hours wandering ... coffee in the square beside the Cathedral and window shopping. Lovely stores selling traditional Spanish items. Very relaxed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/300430/DSC Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 24, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaGranada sits at the foot of the Sierra Nevada (670m above sea level), a range of 14 peaks more than 3000m high only 40km from the Mediterranean. We were fortunate to have these Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 21, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaOur main reason for choosing Granada was a visit to the Alhambra which has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of Europe's most visited attractions.
Its history is linked with its geographic location - on a Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 20, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaWhile very much excited to be heading for Granada, we took time to check out a couple of interesting sites along the way, which also gave us the opportunity to travel through some lovely 'out of the way' areas.
Our first Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 17, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - RondaWe commenced our 10-day sojourn to Spain by flying into Faro, Portugal at 11.30pm. As we had to return to the airport the following morning to collect our car, we organised accommodation as close to the airport as we Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 17, 2010
- Chicago in summersIt was summer of 2009, when we decided to visit chicago, as my husband's cousin was visiting another cousin and my husband haven't seen them for a long time...probably over 8-10 years. So, we decided to visit chicago for 3-4 Posted by sameen in Ghumakkar | Oct 17, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama, Day NeinDay 9 began thankfully absent the cacophony of angry pelicans bent on supremacy in a game of dominoes. Better still, my Love was posed serenely next to me, hands folded delicately across her chest, bosoms heaving seductively with each passing Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Oct 16, 2010
- CopenhagenOn Monday 23 August we caught the train for a 4 hour trip from Århus on Jutland, crossing the island of Funen to Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital on the island of Zealand. Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit – Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Sep 27, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama Day 7Day 7 began not unlike any other day in the highlands of Panama. A thick fog had enshrouded the room, giving the appearance of a Scottish moor during hunting season. Several pheasant were suddenly startled by the dogs and sprang Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Sep 26, 2010