Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- If You Think That Is Big . . .
A classmate asked me if I had tried any Argentina helado. Empanadas, absolutely. Pizza, no doubt. But Argentine ice cream, not yet. I hadn't actually seen any ice cream stores. Then th Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- I'll Look Down the Eye of a Tiger, for One Moneda
'Empanadas, Yes we will talk about food again'
Two weeks of constant supervision and care of little Sophie Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Argentina, You Might Think About Crying For UsThere are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. - Walt Streightiff
After much planning and anticipation, the day to begin our 5 week study abroad trip to Argentina arrived.
The idea Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- ¡Uh-Oh! Dulce de Leche Happens
Nadine walked into the bedroom with Sophie in her arms and sat on the bed, and greeted me in Spanish, "¡Feliz Cumpleaños! Posted by TulsaTrot in Globetrotting Around the World | May 18, 2011
- Cochin IndiaWe hope all are well and keeping warm and dry. We on the other hand are hot and wet. We spent 4 hours ashore today in Cochin India and it was 38 degrees and 85% humidity and we needed to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 16, 2011
- Penang May 11th 2011Up early this morning for our Tour of Penang Island. One of the best things about our tour was our guide who told us we would finish the tour Sweaty, Slimy, Saturated, and possibly Smelly. We climbed what appeared to Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 11, 2011
- KUALA LUMPUR - HOT HOT!!!Spent the day with our own taxi into KL from Port Kelang which is where we docked today - About an hour in an air-conditioned taxi was blessed relief. We saw the outside of the Sultan's Palace, the largest Chinese Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 10, 2011
- 3rd Seaday from PerthWell here we are on our 3 sailing day gradually restoring our energies and enjoying as much as the ship has to offer and having fun! 2 nights ago before we heard about our dog's efforts in tunnelling under Mark Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 5, 2011
- 2 Sleeps to goIn a little over 30 hours we will be on our way on Sun Princess. All are well and packing etc 99% complete. Having a few problems with luggage but what's new? Melinda and Josh have been upgraded and hopefully Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | May 1, 2011
- 7 Days to go!Every one is finally well. After a week of visiting hospital we now look forward to next week and our flight across the Nullabor to Sun Princess at Fremantle. Will then have almost a week at sea to relax before Posted by acudoc in ROSES PASSAGE TO THE INDIAN OCEAN | Apr 25, 2011
- Xi'an - Day 2
Have been home again and caught up with regular life and haven't had time to write about the rest of what we saw in Xi'an. It is a fairly small spot, but because of the Warrior drawcard Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 16, 2011
- Off to Xi'anIt's been a long time since entries, and I didn't post at all when I took the two kids back to Melbourne for 7 weeks home leave over Christmas. But managed lots of exciting activities, including a few days Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 1, 2011
- Home nowDear all
Thank goodness for Qantas Club.
Got into Sydney and waited for your flight. Went to the departure gate and after milling around for a little while was advised there would be a slight delay. So off to the nearest coffee Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 7, 2011
- Heading homeHi All
This will most likely be the last entry to the blog. At this point we are sitting in Qantas Club Sydney on the way home. Our plane leaves about 15:00 Sydney time and we should be back in Perth Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 5, 2011
- HobartDear All
Arrived back in Hobart. Drive down from Strahan was thankfully uneventful although all the bends in those roads made life just a little interesting. Nearly got run off the road by a truck who really was speeding up a Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011
- Strahan tour continuesI'd made arrangements to be called if there were 2 other people interested in taking the same tour with us on the Helicopter. Reason being they like to take a full load and it keeps the costs down for all Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 3, 2011
- Strahan tourDear All
We went on the Wilderness Railway train trip today and it was truly breathtakingly beautiful.
The train itself has such history and the people working on the tour all seem to be so good at what they do. We were Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 2, 2011
- StrahanGday All
Drove up to Strahan yesterday. My goodness. I've never seen roads that twisted, turned up and down all in the same stretch of road with 100 metre drop offs just inches from the door.
I think Ron found the part Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Jan 1, 2011
- Tassie AdventuresArrived in Tassie Thursday 30th and picked up the Hire Car.
Found the B&B we were booked into. Thank goodness for GPS.
Had a wonderful dinner over looking the Bellerive area and the Yacht Club.
Drove to Pt Aurthur on Friday 31st and Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 31, 2010
- Rest DayDear All
Have loaded a video onto Facebook showing the Tiger Cubs at Mogo Zoo.
Am in the process of loading a video up on the White Lions which hopefully isn't too long but is great to see the Lions and their Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 28, 2010
- Back in SydneyDear All
Travelled back to Sydney today. Only took about 3hrs. All the traffic seemed to be heading in the other direction, which really did it for me!
Just that bit warmer now, which is a good thing because I've been just Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 27, 2010
- Batemans Bay and Mogo ZooWent to Mogo Zoo today. It is a private zoo run on the outskirts of a small town called Mogo.
Wonderful different animals kept in what seems like very good enclosures. Saw beautiful Tiger cubs, tigers, Lions and White Lions as Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 26, 2010
- Boxing DayLeft just after 11:00 to drive down to Batemans Bay.
Traffic was a horror. Clearly every man and his dog, ute, jet ski and boat decided to be on the Princes Highway. Made it into Batemans Bay about 16:30. Motel not Posted by BeeandRon in Eastern States escape | Dec 25, 2010
- August 1, 2010[b]I sent the weather report out about 9:56 AM.
Updated weather report sent out at 10:10 AM for Nica in Brno, Czech Republic.
I biked to Coborn’s to go to the US Bank ATM to get $100.00 from my US bank Posted by rjhfargo in Richard's Travels | Nov 24, 2010
- Aarhus - and there's more ...While I think we have seen our share of churches during our holiday, we did find a couple more which I thought may be of interest due to their historical significance.
While travelling into Aarhus on the bus one day, we Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 27, 2010