Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Aarhus: back home againWe moved into our second exchange home when returning from Spain, a 1 bedroom apartment in a large complex at Risskov (a northern suburb of Aarhus), only 800m or so from the beach, and the beautiful Ris Skov forest. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 25, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - SevilleSeville is Spain's 4th largest city. The Rio Guadalquivir flows gently through the city of Seville which is divided into four separate areas on the eastern side (with a vibrant central shopping hub) and other traditional Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 25, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaWe caught the bus into Granada and spent several hours wandering ... coffee in the square beside the Cathedral and window shopping. Lovely stores selling traditional Spanish items. Very relaxed.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/300430/DSC Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 24, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaGranada sits at the foot of the Sierra Nevada (670m above sea level), a range of 14 peaks more than 3000m high only 40km from the Mediterranean. We were fortunate to have these Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 21, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaOur main reason for choosing Granada was a visit to the Alhambra which has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is one of Europe's most visited attractions.
Its history is linked with its geographic location - on a Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 20, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - GranadaWhile very much excited to be heading for Granada, we took time to check out a couple of interesting sites along the way, which also gave us the opportunity to travel through some lovely 'out of the way' areas.
Our first Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 17, 2010
- Spain, Andalusia - RondaWe commenced our 10-day sojourn to Spain by flying into Faro, Portugal at 11.30pm. As we had to return to the airport the following morning to collect our car, we organised accommodation as close to the airport as we Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Oct 17, 2010
- Chicago in summersIt was summer of 2009, when we decided to visit chicago, as my husband's cousin was visiting another cousin and my husband haven't seen them for a long time...probably over 8-10 years. So, we decided to visit chicago for 3-4 Posted by sameen in Ghumakkar | Oct 17, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama, Day NeinDay 9 began thankfully absent the cacophony of angry pelicans bent on supremacy in a game of dominoes. Better still, my Love was posed serenely next to me, hands folded delicately across her chest, bosoms heaving seductively with each passing Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Oct 16, 2010
- CopenhagenOn Monday 23 August we caught the train for a 4 hour trip from Århus on Jutland, crossing the island of Funen to Copenhagen, Denmark’s capital on the island of Zealand. Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit – Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Sep 27, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama Day 7Day 7 began not unlike any other day in the highlands of Panama. A thick fog had enshrouded the room, giving the appearance of a Scottish moor during hunting season. Several pheasant were suddenly startled by the dogs and sprang Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Sep 26, 2010
- Disney, Dream come trueIt was december of 2007, and I really wanted a break from my university studies. My husband was busy and couldn't accompany us. So, I asked my mom if she wanted to go somewhere. The only restriction was that she Posted by sameen in Ghumakkar | Sep 25, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama Day 6Day 6 began much like any other day on the Scottish Moors........waking, rubbing sleep out of one's eyes, peering out the castle ramparts at the omni-present mist and listening for the Hound, hoping that he was well sated from a Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Sep 6, 2010
- Boiling Mud, Works of Art, and Medieval WeaponryHaving a visitor staying with us over the better part of the past week was a joy, and it gave us cause to show off some of the highlights of our experiences. As you may remember from the last Posted by tcrons in Cronsberry Trip Downunder | Aug 29, 2010
- Disney Cruise ~ August 2009I can't believe it's almost a year later and I've finally remembered that I needed to do this trip report. Anyway, I'll write what I remember since it's been so long! :)
August 25, 2010 - we drove down to Posted by lilinando in Mel's Travelogue | Aug 29, 2010
- Romantic spires of OxfordIt was a bit of a grind getting to Oxford from York. After diverting to see the family connection with the stables of Castle Howard, it took rather longer than expected to get to Oxford. Mysterious road works Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 29, 2010
- England - family and friendsAfter our many adventures climbing up hill and down dale chasing the circles, it was now time to say 'hi' to our English family and friends in various locations across the country.
Our first port of call was Sally and Brian Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 29, 2010
- England - other mysterious phenomenaEngland has many ancient and mysterious phenomena in addition to the crop circle formations.
One of the most famous is Stonehenge, estimated age 3100 BC.
Another which Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 29, 2010
- England - crop circle hunting!!We arrived at Heathrow Saturday 31 July, found our hire car and set off for Marlborough - heart of crop circle country. We had booked a lovely B&B at Browns Farm for the 8 days of our visit. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 29, 2010
- Back Home!We drive 199 miles & arrive home. I'm glad to be home. I love to see new places, but I love coming home even more.
Joe leaves for church camp in two days and then Posted by jengelman in Traveling the USA Part II | Jul 25, 2008
- Frank Lloyd Wright's FallingwaterWe have beautiful weather for our visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. I've always wanted to visit Fallingwater. The tour guide is wonderful and we have a great tour. I absolutely love this house!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/78124/DS Posted by jengelman in Traveling the USA Part II | Jul 24, 2008
- OhiopyleWe start out the day by packing up and driving our 5ver down a very steep, long hill to leave the campground.
Then drive 148 miles to Ohiopyle. We don't have a lot of options of where Posted by jengelman in Traveling the USA Part II | Jul 23, 2008
- It's the little things.First the boys left. Then Daddy came. Then Daddy left. In case I was feeling down, a few of my students left me this surprise on my classroom chalk board.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by decuirrl in a long-winded carte postale | Aug 26, 2010
- Jinja: Part 2More adventures today which require a blog entry of their own so the conclusion of the Jinja post I started in my last entry will be kind of like one of those Reader's Digest novels: condensed!
After a couple of hours Posted by BriteLite in Mzungu Ramblings | Aug 25, 2010
- Scenic SouthernHello from Christchurch!! Last night in NZ so after a day of admin'ing, thought I should GET ON the blog. Particularly because Lizzy text me at 4.30 your time to say that she was so excited by the prospect of Posted by laurajhous in Leaving On A Jet Plane..... | Aug 23, 2010