Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Wonga Beach
Wonga beach was really nice. We got to catch up with Bev and Wayne again. The weather wasnt too bad but it did rain while we were there. In the photo Jordy is standing beside the worlds Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 17, 2010
- Agnes WaterHuge problems uploading photos and video. So sorry about the lack of photos.
We visited a castle built by Jose Paranella circa 1913. Ancient right? Jose was a working man that moved to Australia in the late Posted by gcapfour in Allores on Vacation | Aug 17, 2010
- CoorgEvery time anyone meets me and then it is revealed to them that i hail from Coorg ....invariably the conversation shifts to discussing the land of my forefathers ....Though i was born and raised in Bangalore, the calling that this Posted by Ceej in Exploring India | Aug 17, 2010
- Day 15Hey Dudes and Dudettes!
Well we left the Tetons around 7:45 AM (MST) and headed southeast to Cheyenne, WY. A distance of 413 miles. I will tell that without a doubt the biggest expense on this trip is the Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 16, 2010
- Coming HomeWe have come full circle.
We are back in London this evening to see Agatha Christie’s, The Mousetrap, at the St. Martin’s Theatre in the West End. I recall approximately five weeks ago reaching into my bag as we Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 14, 2010
- Bierre-Les-SemurWe cross the border into France this morning with both excitement and sadness. Scott leaves tomorrow from Paris while the rest of us will catch the Chunnel to London before flying back home. We are looking forward Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 13, 2010
- TranslationHere is a list of common things that kids picked up on as different from US on our first day
Chips are French Fries
Crisps are potato chips
Biscuits are cookies
Rubbish is trash
Queue is line
Pounds is dollars (plus a multiplier about 1.55)
Pence Posted by agilsenan in Travel to England | Aug 15, 2010
- Days 1 and 2 -August 14-15 2010Saturday about 1:30pm, Mom, Elaina, Allan Michael and I headed West to Charlotte for our 6:25 flight on US Airways. We arrived at the long-term deck a little after 4pm and without much ado got checked in and due Posted by agilsenan in Travel to England | Aug 15, 2010
- Jamaica: JAVAVILLAS The Bad and the BeautifulJamaica: The Bad and the Beautiful
This was my fifth trip to Jamaica and I continue to have a love/hate relationship with this beautiful island in the Caribbean for many different reasons which I will blog in the weeks to Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 14Today, Sunday, we are taking it easy. We have no plans of siteseeing, at least not at this point. Maybe later we will take a ride up to see a different part of the park. For now Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 15, 2010
- From Genoa to GenevaAfter several days of relaxing in the Tuscan sun, we pack our bags and head north. Scott has to be in Paris on Thursday morning and we have far to go in the next few days. Our plan Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 12, 2010
- Nearly ReadyOK, two sleeps before we head off. Packing list on the dining table, suitcases out.... We're trying to empty the fridge and pantry at a reasonable rate so there's nothing left to go off while we're away, Posted by HelenWyn in Wyn-Sanderson Adventure | Aug 15, 2010
- Flying Motorised WheelbarrowsThe past week was another low key one for us, and when the weekend arrived, so did the rain. The unfortunate consequence was that we didn't experience the usual white-knuckling adrenaline rush that you've come to expect us to Posted by tcrons in Cronsberry Trip Downunder | Aug 15, 2010
- Day 13Hello friends.
Today we took a 9 hours bus tour through the lower loop of Yellowstone National Park. There are 2 loops through the Park; one lower and one upper. To do both would take probably 24 hours of Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 14, 2010
- Almost there...Most of the boxes are packed, old clothes thrown away, resignations handed in :( so basically coming together. It's the last week we are in The Valley, before crashing at my auntie's for a few nights.
It's starting to get Posted by SAkiwis in Liz & Stu's European Adventure | Aug 14, 2010
- Travel by bus camaArrived back in Palpa yesterday - 12th August after a 15 hour bus ride from Cusco. Sounds exhausting - but not for Rob and I. We travel bus cama. The word cama is spanish for bed. These buses are double Posted by Fleetwoods in Travels in Peru | Aug 14, 2010
- Day 12Hey from the Grand Tetons.
After finishing the blog yesterday the wife and I decided it was a good time ot take a nap. So we just went back to the camper and did some snoozies. In the Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 13, 2010
- FlorenceAll of us agree – we could happily live in Florence for the rest of our days.
We hop off the train on our first day and walk through the Piazza. It is filled with tourists Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 11, 2010
- Days 10 & 11As you figured out by now I got back way too late last night to write about the days adventures. So I need to catch you up.
Yesterday we spent the entire day (except for a bit over an hour) Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- The Lions Den Hotel
This was a grouse pub only a bit out of Cooktown off the main highway. It was full of quirky stuff and writing all over the walls just like William Creek Hotel. Its a Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
I was surprised with Cooktown it was bigger than what I had imagined, it was a nice little town with heaps of old buildings still in good nic. Lots of old pubs, and a lot of Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- Made to the tip, now heading homeIt`s been a while since my last blog. In this time we have all ready been to the tip and stayed at Seisia now heading home.
I had fun at Seisia at night we went fishing off the Posted by jordan21 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Seisia tribal dancers
When we got back from Thursday Island the local fishing club had a tribal dance night. It was all the local kids. They were really good it only cost Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Thursday Island
Thursday Island was really nice. It was a lot bigger than we thought and very hot, the water was so blue and clear. We went to the Grand Hotel for lunch and w Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Cape York Telegraph LineThe telegraph track runs alongside where the old telegraph line used to be. The telegraph line was built to communicate from Thursday Island to Brisbane using Morse code.
In the year 1885 the first section of the telegraph line was established, Posted by josh52 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010