Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Day 13Hello friends.
Today we took a 9 hours bus tour through the lower loop of Yellowstone National Park. There are 2 loops through the Park; one lower and one upper. To do both would take probably 24 hours of Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 14, 2010
- Almost there...Most of the boxes are packed, old clothes thrown away, resignations handed in :( so basically coming together. It's the last week we are in The Valley, before crashing at my auntie's for a few nights.
It's starting to get Posted by SAkiwis in Liz & Stu's European Adventure | Aug 14, 2010
- Travel by bus camaArrived back in Palpa yesterday - 12th August after a 15 hour bus ride from Cusco. Sounds exhausting - but not for Rob and I. We travel bus cama. The word cama is spanish for bed. These buses are double Posted by Fleetwoods in Travels in Peru | Aug 14, 2010
- Day 12Hey from the Grand Tetons.
After finishing the blog yesterday the wife and I decided it was a good time ot take a nap. So we just went back to the camper and did some snoozies. In the Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 13, 2010
- FlorenceAll of us agree – we could happily live in Florence for the rest of our days.
We hop off the train on our first day and walk through the Piazza. It is filled with tourists Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 11, 2010
- Days 10 & 11As you figured out by now I got back way too late last night to write about the days adventures. So I need to catch you up.
Yesterday we spent the entire day (except for a bit over an hour) Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- The Lions Den Hotel
This was a grouse pub only a bit out of Cooktown off the main highway. It was full of quirky stuff and writing all over the walls just like William Creek Hotel. Its a Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
I was surprised with Cooktown it was bigger than what I had imagined, it was a nice little town with heaps of old buildings still in good nic. Lots of old pubs, and a lot of Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 12, 2010
- Made to the tip, now heading homeIt`s been a while since my last blog. In this time we have all ready been to the tip and stayed at Seisia now heading home.
I had fun at Seisia at night we went fishing off the Posted by jordan21 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Seisia tribal dancers
When we got back from Thursday Island the local fishing club had a tribal dance night. It was all the local kids. They were really good it only cost Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Thursday Island
Thursday Island was really nice. It was a lot bigger than we thought and very hot, the water was so blue and clear. We went to the Grand Hotel for lunch and w Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Cape York Telegraph LineThe telegraph track runs alongside where the old telegraph line used to be. The telegraph line was built to communicate from Thursday Island to Brisbane using Morse code.
In the year 1885 the first section of the telegraph line was established, Posted by josh52 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 11, 2010
- Rignano sull'Arno We reluctantly leave Franco’s home around 10:00 this morning and head west. We are planning to take few days simply to relax and have found a place to rent in Rignano Sull'arno– a small village thirty Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 8, 2010
- VeniceAfter a fantastic breakfast of raspberry torte, black Italian coffee with warm milk, and bruschetta with freshly pressed olive oil, we take the train into Venice. Franco, our hostess tells us not Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 10, 2010
- ItalyWe take off this morning for Italy and drive a long, long way. The rains have continued with gusto and our little Fiesta eventually becomes an ark that carries us across the border into Italy. Off in the Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 9, 2010
- Cliffs, cows and cruiseNow that I've said my piece, our second day in Ireland started early with a cross-country bus tour to the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. There were other attractions along the way, such as photo stops at a castle and the Posted by Mireille C in Cruising 'round the British Isles | Aug 11, 2010
- Our superhero cousin Well, it's our last day in Lebanon. It's bitter sweet. We had a lot of fun, but I really am missing Houston. So overall, I'm ready.
The last time we came to Lebanon, 7 years ago in case you forgot, we Posted by serj n syn in on the 7th year they rested | Aug 11, 2010
- Day 9It took a mere 224 miles to travel from our camp-over in Worland, WY to arrive in the Grand Tetons National Park. A short distance but by far the best scenery yet. The travel through another canyon (The Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
Salzburg is a gorgeous little town that was lucky enough to have the family of Mozart take up residence within its city walls. An entire industry has developed around Wolfgang and it is imp Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 6, 2010
- Castle NeuschwansteinSeveral years ago, someone gave us a coffee table book with a picture of Castle Neuschwanstein inside and Langston has had a hankering to go ever since. We decide to delay Salzburg for a day and head south to Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 3, 2010
- Day 8Morning All.
Yesterday we travelled west on Rte. 90 heading towards the Yellowstone National Park. On the way we stopped at Devils Tower National Monument. What a grand view! The movie doesn't do this monument justice. In Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
- MunichAs we were planning this trip, at least one of my friends suggested it best to skip Bavaria altogether due to its food which she deemed bland and unimaginative. But I disagree. I love this food – Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 30, 2010
- Day Three - August 8, 2010GREAT DAY!! Met up with my stepsister Janice first thing in the morning. She took us on wine tasting throughout Sanoma Valley. Beautiful!
First we went to Gloria Ferrer Winery, Janice explained that it is always nice to start the Posted by BurkesTrip in California2010 | Aug 9, 2010
- Everything that you asked is answered (to the class)Hi Class!!!
Now, the black paper is from a mueseam in London (same with everything else, mostley). It's from a piece of paper that was on a rack with other pieces like that around it. You we're allowed to take one Posted by eviehb in Last day of school | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 7This morning we just kicked back and relaxed a bit before we started to do more siteseeing. This vacation business can be pretty rough on the body. We were both a bit tired and I developed another .....yes Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 8, 2010