Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Castle NeuschwansteinSeveral years ago, someone gave us a coffee table book with a picture of Castle Neuschwanstein inside and Langston has had a hankering to go ever since. We decide to delay Salzburg for a day and head south to Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Aug 3, 2010
- Day 8Morning All.
Yesterday we travelled west on Rte. 90 heading towards the Yellowstone National Park. On the way we stopped at Devils Tower National Monument. What a grand view! The movie doesn't do this monument justice. In Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 10, 2010
- MunichAs we were planning this trip, at least one of my friends suggested it best to skip Bavaria altogether due to its food which she deemed bland and unimaginative. But I disagree. I love this food – Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 30, 2010
- Day Three - August 8, 2010GREAT DAY!! Met up with my stepsister Janice first thing in the morning. She took us on wine tasting throughout Sanoma Valley. Beautiful!
First we went to Gloria Ferrer Winery, Janice explained that it is always nice to start the Posted by BurkesTrip in California2010 | Aug 9, 2010
- Everything that you asked is answered (to the class)Hi Class!!!
Now, the black paper is from a mueseam in London (same with everything else, mostley). It's from a piece of paper that was on a rack with other pieces like that around it. You we're allowed to take one Posted by eviehb in Last day of school | Aug 9, 2010
- Day 7This morning we just kicked back and relaxed a bit before we started to do more siteseeing. This vacation business can be pretty rough on the body. We were both a bit tired and I developed another .....yes Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- How Do You Say "Birthday" in Mandarin?There goes another week wooshing by us like a blokart under full sail. It was a rather mellow week by current standards, but we still generated some great memories, though not a lot of photos! Until Thursday it Posted by tcrons in Cronsberry Trip Downunder | Aug 8, 2010
- Voyage to the Isthmus of Panama Day 4Day 4. We awoke to the soft strains of a Del Castillo song humming into ours ears......... Bajo del rio, estas llamando...... The music was in our heads, as we were fondly remembering our day at the Rio Muluba. There Posted by beerman in The Beerman Chronicles | Aug 8, 2010
- SundarbanThe Sundarbans is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest in the world. The name Sundarban can be literally translated as "beautiful jungle" or "beautiful forest" in the Bengali language (Sundar, "beautiful" and ban, "forest" or "j Posted by shabbir in My own blog | Aug 8, 2010
- Tentative itinerarySunday – arrive – hang out a bit with family
Then thinking we could do a boat cruise (part of the London Pass)
Get off at the Tower stop
See several of the sights around there Posted by agilsenan in Travel to England | Aug 8, 2010
- Day Two - August 7, 2010The Fairfield Inn in Sacramento was lovely, clean, and had a free breakfast with fresh waffles, bananas, yogurt and granola.
We then ventured out to Old Sacramento. What a GREAT town! Totally a tourist trap but really nicely done, a lot Posted by BurkesTrip in California2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- Alicia's TravelsWe are getting ready for a trip to London. First International trip for the kids. Sean didn't want to join us, so I asked my Mom to come along. So en route will be Elaina (6), Allan Michael (7), Mom Posted by agilsenan in Travel to England | Aug 8, 2010
- Day 6Hey everyone.
We got back late last night and decided to wait until this morning to write about our adventures.
Friday evening after we had dinner, we drove out to Mt. Rushmore to see the lightning ceremony that they Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- Day-TrippingIt was with just a little trepidation that I loaded the kids into the truck to head out for our first excursion out of the city today. Granted, Entebbe, is only 30-some-odd kilometres from Kampala, so it wasn't a huge Posted by BriteLite in Mzungu Ramblings | Aug 7, 2010
- SkagenRikke and Aaron headed home Sunday evening leaving Chas and me to continue our journey north to Skagen. We were now on our own, but thankfully travelling with our ever supportive and knowledgeable 'Ken', our GPS. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 7, 2010
- Day 5After some much needed rest we set out at 8:30 A.M. to see the Badlands. It took about an hour of driving to arrive at the south entrance. I was pleased to find out that I was eligible Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 6, 2010
- The Final BlogSteve- First, a quick London Recap
Well, I certainly got delinquent on this blog recently (have not posted in a week) and much of it has to do with the incredible amount of things we have seen and done since arriving Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Aug 6, 2010
- Day 4Hey folks!
We traveled from Ft. McCoy, WI to Rapid City, SD, a distance of 671 miles and it took 11 hours and 22 minutes. The drive was pretty uneventful. We crossed from Wisconsin to Minnesota within 1.5 hours Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 5, 2010
- North DenmarkOn the weekend of 24 & 25 July, Rikke, Aaron, Chas and myself travelled to the north of Denmark to visit the beautiful area of Thy. This is a special area surrounded by the Limfjord and the North Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 5, 2010
- Waiheki Island - Easter 2010The Family Headed to Waiheki Island for a relaxing Easter. Jumped on the ferry at Halfmoon Bay and after a stunning 45 min ferry ride we were rolling off the ferry and on our way to Oneroa to grab the Posted by PTB in PTB Travels | Aug 4, 2010
- Day 3Our 3rd day consisted of driving from W-P AFB to Fort McCoy located in Wisconsin. Total distance driven was 554 miles and total time was 10 hours and 34 minutes. This time included all fuel stops (3) and Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 4, 2010
- The Luck of the IrishTrinity and I are in Ireland. It's been an interesting trip so far. Ireland is a beautiful country and I hope to get back here and explore some more. We (meaning I) didn't plan this trip very Posted by Khandilee in A Travel Nurse in Germany | Aug 3, 2010
- Day 2 of the trip to the NorthwestHello friends!
We arrived at Wright-Patterson AFB Family Campground around 10:30 last night. We encounted traffic backups due to construction which delayed us by a hour. We quickly (and quietly) set the scamp and got some much needed sleep Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 3, 2010
- Airlie Beach 1/7/2010 - 17/7/2010We leave the quiet streets of Yeppoon anticipating a more lively Airlie Beach, but are pleasantly surprised at the village feel of our new destination. We arrive late in the day and find our accommodation perched high on one of Posted by mudie in 2010 Road Trip | Jul 17, 2010
- Wrapping LondonLondon....what a GREAT city!! This was my most worrisome town with the kids, thinking there wouldn;t be enough to do with them....boy was I wrong!!
We arrived late because we missed our flight out of Milan...put the kids right Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Aug 3, 2010