Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Alicia's TravelsWe are getting ready for a trip to London. First International trip for the kids. Sean didn't want to join us, so I asked my Mom to come along. So en route will be Elaina (6), Allan Michael (7), Mom Posted by agilsenan in Travel to England | Aug 8, 2010
- Day 6Hey everyone.
We got back late last night and decided to wait until this morning to write about our adventures.
Friday evening after we had dinner, we drove out to Mt. Rushmore to see the lightning ceremony that they Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 8, 2010
- Day-TrippingIt was with just a little trepidation that I loaded the kids into the truck to head out for our first excursion out of the city today. Granted, Entebbe, is only 30-some-odd kilometres from Kampala, so it wasn't a huge Posted by BriteLite in Mzungu Ramblings | Aug 7, 2010
- SkagenRikke and Aaron headed home Sunday evening leaving Chas and me to continue our journey north to Skagen. We were now on our own, but thankfully travelling with our ever supportive and knowledgeable 'Ken', our GPS. Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 7, 2010
- Day 5After some much needed rest we set out at 8:30 A.M. to see the Badlands. It took about an hour of driving to arrive at the south entrance. I was pleased to find out that I was eligible Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 6, 2010
- The Final BlogSteve- First, a quick London Recap
Well, I certainly got delinquent on this blog recently (have not posted in a week) and much of it has to do with the incredible amount of things we have seen and done since arriving Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Aug 6, 2010
- Day 4Hey folks!
We traveled from Ft. McCoy, WI to Rapid City, SD, a distance of 671 miles and it took 11 hours and 22 minutes. The drive was pretty uneventful. We crossed from Wisconsin to Minnesota within 1.5 hours Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 5, 2010
- North DenmarkOn the weekend of 24 & 25 July, Rikke, Aaron, Chas and myself travelled to the north of Denmark to visit the beautiful area of Thy. This is a special area surrounded by the Limfjord and the North Posted by patsaunder in Happy wanderers | Aug 5, 2010
- Waiheki Island - Easter 2010The Family Headed to Waiheki Island for a relaxing Easter. Jumped on the ferry at Halfmoon Bay and after a stunning 45 min ferry ride we were rolling off the ferry and on our way to Oneroa to grab the Posted by PTB in PTB Travels | Aug 4, 2010
- Day 3Our 3rd day consisted of driving from W-P AFB to Fort McCoy located in Wisconsin. Total distance driven was 554 miles and total time was 10 hours and 34 minutes. This time included all fuel stops (3) and Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 4, 2010
- The Luck of the IrishTrinity and I are in Ireland. It's been an interesting trip so far. Ireland is a beautiful country and I hope to get back here and explore some more. We (meaning I) didn't plan this trip very Posted by Khandilee in A Travel Nurse in Germany | Aug 3, 2010
- Day 2 of the trip to the NorthwestHello friends!
We arrived at Wright-Patterson AFB Family Campground around 10:30 last night. We encounted traffic backups due to construction which delayed us by a hour. We quickly (and quietly) set the scamp and got some much needed sleep Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 3, 2010
- Airlie Beach 1/7/2010 - 17/7/2010We leave the quiet streets of Yeppoon anticipating a more lively Airlie Beach, but are pleasantly surprised at the village feel of our new destination. We arrive late in the day and find our accommodation perched high on one of Posted by mudie in 2010 Road Trip | Jul 17, 2010
- Wrapping LondonLondon....what a GREAT city!! This was my most worrisome town with the kids, thinking there wouldn;t be enough to do with them....boy was I wrong!!
We arrived late because we missed our flight out of Milan...put the kids right Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Aug 3, 2010
- To the Tip of Cape York
Well we made it to the tip of Australia!! It’s a bloody long way but we are here finally. It was worth the trip especially the telegraph track. Josh has been Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
Our caravan park is in a good location right next to the jetty and everything is walking distance. The park is good the Horses and dogs just walk freely around here and we were g Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
We arrived at Bamaga which is the main town up here, not much here but you get by with what is here. When we got here everything was shut except the pub which is in the top photo, Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- Telegraph Track
These photos were at the Moreton Telegraph Station the people that owned the station were so nice and had heaps of information to share with us. Heaps of Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
Weipa: We stayed in Weipa for three nights which was the first stop at the Cape York Peninsula. We set up camp and went fishing on the jetty where we were getting massive bites but snapping off Posted by josh52 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- Our first leg to the NorthwestToday we left Buffalo to start our journey to the Northwest to see the Grand Tetons, Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis during bike week, and Yellowstone National Park with all the extras that go with a 3 week vacation.
We Posted by rburke8 in The Grand Tetons and Badlands - 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- Day1We arrived in NJ and already had the day planned. We headed to Robert's cousin's house for a picnic, and the kids had a water balloon tossing contest where Matt and Zach came in second place. Posted by Mattkelli in Summer 2010 | Aug 2, 2010
- Walking on the Moon - Te Hīkoi te MaramaThe past week was Maori language week in New Zealand! As we are not yet fluent, we've limited the translation of this post to just the title, with appologies to all of our Maori-speaking readers.
Now that the week is Posted by tcrons in Cronsberry Trip Downunder | Aug 2, 2010
- Castle FleckensteinSomewhere in Scott’s far, far distant past, he is related to a group of reportedly bloodthirsty rulers by the name of Fleckenstein. My children, and especially my daughter, have always been fascinated by this tiny thread of royalty Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 29, 2010
- HeidelbergThursday morning -- we are all a bit sad as we pack up our things and get ready to leave Paris. Well, all of us except for Scott who is secretly very excited about testing his mettle on Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 28, 2010
- July 31, 2010[b]I sent the weather report out about 7:39 AM CDT.
I rode the bike Coborn’s to get a St. Cloud Times newspaper and some cheese. Later, I rode to McDonalds to get a snack wrap but the McDonalds was overrun Posted by rjhfargo in Richard's Travels | Aug 1, 2010