Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- RoadschoolingMaybe it's because my grandfather was a teacher. Or maybe its because it's that I spent my first several years of school at an unconventional school. Either way, I've always thought that homeschooling was a rather foolish idea (sorry homeschoolers).
Du Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- Life of TinaThis is my friend Tina and her husband.
OK, so she's not really my friend, she is a shopkeeper with a shop between our hotel and the beach. We walk past her about a dozen times a da Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- A Trip to Miracle GardenAfter a couple of months of grueling heat, December finally rolled in and brought with it a chill in the air, with temperatures dropping to around 17 degrees at night. This was the perfect weather to go out and enjoy Posted by GingerFerrer in Gingers' Corner | Jan 25, 2015
- In Canada that's not a Road..."It is better to travel well than to arrive" -Buddha
Once you arrive at a far away destination and get your feet on the ground you quickly start to notice how many things are different between our quiet lives in Canada Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 14, 2015
- Sleepless in Sri LankaIt's funny the things you dread before you leave on a big trip like this. There were two things I was not looking forward to: home schooling and jet lag. It turns out that those were not the only thing Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 7, 2015
- The Planning Phase
==So here goes family and friends who can be bothered to read this, I will try and update as much as possible as we travel our way around Australia and hopefully the world. ==
It will also be a Posted by BrysonFam in The Bryson Family on the Road | Dec 10, 2014
- Ottawa Trek Dear All
Have been flat chat with visiting Rowan and Jenni along with the kids and really have not had the time or energy to get into writing the blog over the last couple of days. Sorry! But there you go!
So, Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 29, 2014
- Belgium: Bruges, Brussels, YpresDestination: Belgium
Date of Travel: February 2014
Travel By: Car and Eurotunnel
Length of Trip: 6 days
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 9), a YoungerBoy (age 5)
Itinerary: Day 1: drive into Bruge Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Sep 29, 2014
- Ottawa TrekDear All
We went on a tour of the 1000 Islands today.
Rowan and Jenni along with the kids, picked us up at the hotel, then with a "whoosh" and a "roar", off into the wild blue yonder quicker than you can Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 27, 2014
- Ottawa visitDear All
So today was the day for catching up with Rowan, Jenni, Rhy and Izzy.
Met up about 12:30 at the hotel and had lunch in downtown Ottawa. Nice restaurant with good food and most importantly good wine!
Got taken out to Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 26, 2014
- Mont Saint MichelWe left Bordeaux, not too early, but with a decent drive ahead of us, and a pin dropped on the GPS to take us to Mont Saint Michel. Our GPS has taken us on some magical mystery tours every now Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 2, 2014
- BordeauxAfter a ‘French Breakfast’ of coffee and pastries, we headed into Bordeaux to have a look around. Our hotel is out near the university and is very basic, and seems to cater more to a long term business visits Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 28, 2014
- BarcelonaAfter packing up our campsite, which is no small feat to clean everything up, fold and repack furniture, bed sheets, clothes, and of course the tent, and get it all into the car, taking about 3 hours all up. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 24, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- First camping stopHere it is... home for the next 5 days.
Awesome job setting up the tent, and fortunately with no hiccups remembering how to set up the tent. It was a two hour job, to get ev Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- KeukenhofI've had some difficulty uploading photos over the last few months, which has contributed to the interruption to usual services, or black and white screenings (ie no pictures!). Fortunately though the upload system seems to be up and running Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 3, 2014
- Just Trying To Move On Down the RoadWe had one last claim in Yreka, all the way to the Oregon border and drove there after Burney Falls. From Yreka we needed to get to Petaluma. The plan was that we’d get to Petaluma by late afternoon, Clayton Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 23, 2014
- Visiting the LivingOf course, the best part of any trip are the people we meet along the way. Oklahoma was no different.
We first went to my mom’s first cousin, Bill. Bill is the son of my grandmother’s younger brother. Bill offered Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 12, 2014
- More AncestorsWe got an early start as we wanted to stop at Chinn’s Chapel Cemetery once more before heading to Oklahoma. This time we went into the chapel and opened the two doors and windows. We let in light and fresh Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 11, 2014
- Introducing a Granddaughter to her Ancestors I had a conference in Dallas to attend as I needed to obtain some yearly certifications. I thought it might be good to take a couple of extra days and go to see some family stuff.
My maternal grandmother was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 10, 2014
- Pregnant SisterJie Jie and I went on a very quick weekend trip to London in November, to visit my sister who was expecting her first baby in December. We went to help her prepare!!
We left straight after school on Friday, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- Mallorca Given that I 'accidentally' got a job 3 days before term started, our settling in time to our new home has taken a bit longer than planned, and been a bit more tiring than planned. When I was not Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- New and Improved EuropeJust when I started planning our Europe trip, again, I was called away but fortunately for claims nearby. Finally I’m done and back to our lives as they were months ago, at least for today.
We’ve been planning a trip to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Feb 5, 2014
- Tutukaka- The first 2 days!Day 1- The Travel (written on the morning of Day 3)
I feel a little tempted to over-dramatize the travel it took to get here but it was relatively uneventful, and everything went very smoothly. It took us over 24 hours Posted by sandlb107 in Our New Zealand/Australian Adventure | Dec 23, 2013
- Day trip to FlorenceDear All
We went on a day trip to Florence yesterday. What an experience!
Prior to using the underground to get to the Train station, we had an experiemental run which of course went swimmingly. Yesterday morning we left with what we Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 25, 2013