Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Scotland, Part One: Edinburgh, Doune, Stirling, InvernessDestination: Scotland
Date of Travel: June 2012
Travel By: Road
Length of Trip: 11 Days
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 7-but-practically-8), a YoungerBoy (age 4)
Itinerary: Days 1 - 5: Dunans C Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Jun 10, 2012
- The Best Exotic Tea Cozy HotelHotels come and go as we wend our way across the globe and we’ve slept in a couple of dozen different beds to date. But not all beds, or hotels, are created equally. Every hotel has been fine in its Posted by Hawkson in Blissful Adventures | Nov 26, 2012
- Images of Aarhus
Well, our 4-1/2 month adventure is almost over. We've had wonderful experiences, visited lots of amazing places, and enjoyed the company of many interesting folk whom we have met along the way. The opportunity Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Nov 7, 2012
- Ho Chi Minh CityWell, our H is for Holiday is officially over, but I thought I needed to retrospectively record our visit to HCMC and also HK, but have decided to do them separately... otherwise it would be way too long and cumbersome.
So Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Sep 1, 2012
- Barcelona, SpainDestination: Barcelona, Spain
Date of Travel: February 2012
Travel By: Flight from London to Barcelona, public transportation via metro around the city
Length of Trip: 6 Days total, 4 full days of sightseeing
[b]Travellers[ Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Feb 20, 2012
- Happy Birthday In the BackcountryDay 5: Happy Birthday Justin
Happy Birthday Justin! 36 years old!!
I started this page at 6:30 a.m. and the only one awake. I’d hung up a happy birthday on crepe paper banner between the tre Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 4, 2012
- It's About the JourneyThere are not many better places to write in this world. I’m sitting on a log with trees around me, a deep blue sky, a lake in the background, no noise except our voices.
One thing I haven’t w Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 2, 2012
- Arrived in Hong KongSo after a wonderful relaxing and problem free trip to Vietnam, we arrived to Hong Kong airport to find a half hour queue through immigration and then to find our bag of Vietnamese souvenirs missing from the luggage carousel. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 1, 2012
- Upward & Onward to Hidden LakeDay 3:
We were leaving our camp with packs full to hike to Hidden Lake. A trail would lead to a cutoff just past the stream, then we’d head off up over the hill with no trail (Donner Party?). We Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 31, 2012
- Good bye Vietnam!Well it's been a fabulous three weeks, and overall gone so quickly! We arrived for our introduction in Hanoi to motorcycle traffic and Pho, and then headed down for two weeks on the beach. The first four days Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 31, 2012
- My SonPrimarily our trip to Vietnam was for a beach holiday, but as I already said we thought we should visit the main cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as well, and while we were at it thought we should Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 30, 2012
- Backpacking in Inyo -Day 2Day 2 of our trip and we are finally going to hike.
We were supposed to be camping by the Cottonwood Creek but now are just there. Justin left the party before us with his boys and met Elias and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 30, 2012
- Made the TrailheadSo we are back and it is hard to think about the real world now. Fortunately I wrote while gone otherwise it would be too difficult to go Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 29, 2012
- Finally On the Way to the Sierra'sWow, we are finally on the road and true to form only 4 hours late!
So we 1st had Elias and Charlotte divide out the food between the 4 of us, setting stuff by the each of our packs. When Justi Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 24, 2012
- Backpacking MenusSo I promised that I’d write a post about menus for our backpacking trip. We’ve had lots of stops and starts and experiments on food and Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 23, 2012
- One week away[center][/center]
We've been away from Shanghai for only one week... and here in HoiAn for 4 days, but the beach lifestyle has slowed us right down and we feel already like we've been here for mu Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 18, 2012
- Planning the Food for the Backpack TripLast night Camilo and Justin came for dinner and to discuss the upcoming hike. I’d started mapping out meals in preparation for our talk. (Just like a mom?)
Camilo thought that he and his boys would just have bologna or peanut Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 17, 2012
- Preparing for BackpackingWe did just get home from camping, haven’t done anything about repairing the RV floor and yet here we are planning a backpack trip. We will leave next week.
Here are a few of the details: we will hike to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 15, 2012
- A Little Celebration of Life Before the Drive HomeWhat a difference a couple of years made. Grandkids helped so much with the packing up. It used to be that it would take us hours to get Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 14, 2012
- Hanoi - first days in VietnamSo almost as soon as we took off, and had a meal, it felt like they were preparing the cabin for landing... such a short hop for our long haul seasoned little travellers this was. In fact the flight Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 13, 2012
- One Last Night at Grover Hot SpringsGrover Hot Springs has lots of stuff to do for all ages; rocks to climb and to watch stars by at night, trails to hike, trees to sit unde Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 13, 2012
- A Hard Night In Grover Hot SpringsOur run of luck, or rather no luck, has passed on to Clayton and Jen. Apparently their blow-up mattress deflated in the night so that the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 11, 2012
- China Maritime MuseumOn the last Friday in June the kids and I got up to a bright blue sky revelling in the knowledge that it was the very first day of the long summer holiday, eight weeks of summer stretching out lazily Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 9, 2012
- A Quiet 4th of July at Grover Hot SpringsWednesday morning, July 4th, Grover Hot Springs, CA and the adventure just keeps going!
We arrived at the nice early hour of 3a.m. having driven over a great cut off, Highway 89 from the 395. We drove over an hour at Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 9, 2012
- A Birthday on the Road to Grover Hot SpringsGrandkids trips take a huge amount of planning, at least in order to save as much money as possible. We plan meals and most activities before hand and go to the store with huge lists in hand. This Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2012