Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- A Visit To A VolcanoOn to Washington and 1st stop Mt. St. Helens.
As I wrote in an earlier blog, our granddaughter was anxious to see a volcano and here was a big one.
We arrived and planted our RV at the KOA close to the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 8, 2015
- Next Stop... CopenhagenOn the way to Copenhagen, we managed to spend an amazing afternoon catching up with old friends from Shanghai. They have a summer house in Hojby, on the coast of Zealand. We got there about 2pm, and had a traditional Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 7, 2015
- A Little HikingSunday was our last day in Oregon and we spent the morning at Multnomah Falls, a place that Clayton and Jen have been to before.
The park has a paved trail to the top of the falls, however, much Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2015
- Downtime with the FamilyWe arrived in Oregon City by 10pm. We were happy to get out of the car, after about 14 hours, and have some wine with our son and daughter-in-law. Grandkids were happy to be together at last.
It has been Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 4, 2015
- So what's in Billund?THIS:
After we crossed the Danish Border, we were heading to Billund, and then as we approached Legoland we explained to the kids that we would be visiting Legoland the next day, and th Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 4, 2015
- And the Grandkids Trip Is Rolling As usual, the train was late in rolling away. 2 hours later than we’d hoped to leave but finally what was left behind was a done deal.
Our first destination was Foresthill, a small town in the forest Northeast of Sacramento. Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 30, 2015
- Hamburg HappeningsSo after all the preparations and packing, we set off with the box on the top of the car... loaded for a four week driving holiday!!
And drove 4 hours from our house to our first AirBNB place Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 30, 2015
- Shopping for the Big Time2nd stop with Zaya was Costco. As it turned out our son ran really late so we had little time to shop on Friday, which was fine. Saturday morning we left and ran to a big box store where they Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 29, 2015
- The Granddaughter TripThis upcoming trip is different in that we will bring only 1 grandchild and it is really a first long “Grandkids Trip” for her. We’ve done short trips but always included the other young cousins.
Our granddaughter is so excited about Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 26, 2015
- Summer 2015 is Vacation TimeWork has been all-consuming for so many months. But that will mostly be behind us now, at least very soon. I’ll try to write about working in Boston, saying goodbye to a friend one last time, and other stories. Maybe Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 24, 2015
- Brussels and LondonSo after a few quick days at home, changing clothes and sleeping in our own bed, and driving our real car... we headed off on the next stage of our Spring Break... a train to Brussels.
Brussels was gorgeous. We stayed Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Road Trip (Part 2)OK - so it's no secret... I'm catching up on blog posts now that school's out for the summer holidays... I had done the first part of this trip, with Mum and Dad in the family truckster... so now here Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jun 22, 2015
- Sahara MisadventuresNormally we spare you, our readers, the minutia of our day to day life on the road. Partly because its more interesting to write about life here but largely we don't have time to write all the little things that Posted by McNouye in McNouye | May 20, 2015
- My first big holiday!
Goa – this tiny little state on the western coast of India is perhaps the most sought after holiday destination worldwide.
I have stopped counting now the number of times I have been there. Holidays for me always end up being Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Apr 13, 2015
- Rules and GuidlinesIn Canada, rules are pretty clear; either something is a rule that most people follow or it isn't and you are fine. We all break rules now and then (unless you're my aunt Donna) but we know we are stepping Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 9, 2015
- The Kerala BackwatersThe southern Indian state of Kerala is well known for its maze of canals through rice fields along the coast. The waterways are hundreds of kilometers long through the fertile soil and make a scenic backdrop for tourists to Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 5, 2015
- RoadschoolingMaybe it's because my grandfather was a teacher. Or maybe its because it's that I spent my first several years of school at an unconventional school. Either way, I've always thought that homeschooling was a rather foolish idea (sorry homeschoolers).
Du Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- Life of TinaThis is my friend Tina and her husband.
OK, so she's not really my friend, she is a shopkeeper with a shop between our hotel and the beach. We walk past her about a dozen times a da Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Mar 2, 2015
- A Trip to Miracle GardenAfter a couple of months of grueling heat, December finally rolled in and brought with it a chill in the air, with temperatures dropping to around 17 degrees at night. This was the perfect weather to go out and enjoy Posted by GingerFerrer in Gingers' Corner | Jan 25, 2015
- In Canada that's not a Road..."It is better to travel well than to arrive" -Buddha
Once you arrive at a far away destination and get your feet on the ground you quickly start to notice how many things are different between our quiet lives in Canada Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 14, 2015
- Sleepless in Sri LankaIt's funny the things you dread before you leave on a big trip like this. There were two things I was not looking forward to: home schooling and jet lag. It turns out that those were not the only thing Posted by McNouye in McNouye | Jan 7, 2015
- The Planning Phase
==So here goes family and friends who can be bothered to read this, I will try and update as much as possible as we travel our way around Australia and hopefully the world. ==
It will also be a Posted by BrysonFam in The Bryson Family on the Road | Dec 10, 2014
- Ottawa Trek Dear All
Have been flat chat with visiting Rowan and Jenni along with the kids and really have not had the time or energy to get into writing the blog over the last couple of days. Sorry! But there you go!
So, Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 29, 2014
- Belgium: Bruges, Brussels, YpresDestination: Belgium
Date of Travel: February 2014
Travel By: Car and Eurotunnel
Length of Trip: 6 days
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 9), a YoungerBoy (age 5)
Itinerary: Day 1: drive into Bruge Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | Sep 29, 2014
- Ottawa TrekDear All
We went on a tour of the 1000 Islands today.
Rowan and Jenni along with the kids, picked us up at the hotel, then with a "whoosh" and a "roar", off into the wild blue yonder quicker than you can Posted by BeeandRon in Canada Adventures here we come | Sep 27, 2014