Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Tutukaka- The first 2 days!Day 1- The Travel (written on the morning of Day 3)
I feel a little tempted to over-dramatize the travel it took to get here but it was relatively uneventful, and everything went very smoothly. It took us over 24 hours Posted by sandlb107 in Our New Zealand/Australian Adventure | Dec 23, 2013
- Day trip to FlorenceDear All
We went on a day trip to Florence yesterday. What an experience!
Prior to using the underground to get to the Train station, we had an experiemental run which of course went swimmingly. Yesterday morning we left with what we Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 25, 2013
- The Roma adventure continuesDear All
Have once again been just a tad busy, so the blog has been neglected unfortunately.
We went to Pompeii yesterday. Was a really long day but well worth it. We were picked up by Vincenzo, a dashing, flamboyant and Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 23, 2013
- History on showDear All
Having a jam packed time. Nearly worn our a pair of shoes with all of the walking around.
Have now got it pretty well sussed with doing a bit of sight seeing, then stopping at a Cafe for some Gelato Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 21, 2013
- Roma - the beautiful but extremely grimy cityDear All
Our first full day in Rome today.
Got onto the open top bus today and did a round trip to see all the major sights of Rome. Got a Roma pass which we will use today when we go on Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 19, 2013
- York to EdinburghDear All
The pace has been a little frantic and I haven't had much time to do the blog.
We are off to Rome this morning so will do what I can to provide more information as soon as I can.
Suffice to Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 17, 2013
- Glastonbury to YorkDear All
Left Parsnips fairly early (rather regretfully I might say) and hit the road to Nottingham. The owner of the B&B, Linda, was so welcoming and went to all lengths to make sure we had a fantastic stay and she Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 15, 2013
- Wells & BathSo today was off to Wells Cathedral which apparently has some connection with King Arthur & Gwynavere! Rather huge and as beautiful as Westminster Abbey. Just a little plainer on the inside and not as many famous people buried there. Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 13, 2013
- Cornwall and GlastonburyDear all
Have been flat chat and therefore been just a tad slack at updating the blog.
Left London for Gatwick Airport and picked up the car. Noice! It's VW Sharan and for a 2 litre, picks its skirts up and bolts Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 12, 2013
- Final day of Shopping in London Dear All
Last day for getting around and picking up the last little bits of shopping.
London is awesome and we've had a ball.
We split up yesterday. Margy and Sandy went to Madame Tussauds, Kensington Palace and some shopping.
Ron and I Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 9, 2013
- Day 4-5 in LondonG'day all
London is so wonderful to visit. So much to see and the shopping is superb!
We went to Buckingham Palace yesterday along with most of London's population to see the changing of the guard. With the little I could see, Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 7, 2013
- Day 2 - 3G'day all
Have had a busy time, hence being a little slack about updating the blog!
Thursday Ron was not feeling the best so stayed at home, which was possibly not the wisest decision as we found Harrods!
However, we haven't burnt the Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 6, 2013
- Day One of touring in LondonToday was day one of picking up passes and validating vouchers.
Managed to purchase an Oyster card (like a travel smart card for public transport), picked up our London pass then needed to find good walking shoes for Sandy.
Tried various places Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 4, 2013
- My Wolverine!So I was in this sleepy little town of Upper Assam after almost about a year. Dibrugarh is one place I really never look forward to go. But then I have too many near and dear ones from this little Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Aug 5, 2013
- My Wolverine!So I was in this sleepy little town of Upper Assam after almost about a year. Dibrugarh is one place I really never look forward to go. But then I have too many near and dear ones from this little Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Aug 5, 2013
- Selective Memory: What Will Our Kids Remember?
==Eye Witness Testimony==
Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. If you talk to ten people who were all present at the same event, chances are no two versions will be identical. As time Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | May 27, 2013
- Italy: Naples, Mt. Vesuvius, Herculaneum, PompeiiDestination: Italy
Date of Travel: October 2012
Travel By: Plane, Public Transportation
Length of Trip: 4 days
Travellers: a Mom, a Dad, an OlderBoy (age 8), a YoungerBoy (age 4)
Itinerary: Day 1, evening i Posted by ThisMomTravels in Travels, With Kids | May 22, 2013
- Elephant Nature Park Volunteering
We have been living in an elephant sanctuary. We wake to their trumpeting, feed them bananas. play with them in the river, and watch t Posted by annevl in The Journey is the Reward | May 18, 2013
- Giant Pandas and a Big BuddhaIt's the Spring Break or Easter Holidays from school this week, and we have had Nannie and Granddad visiting from Wales. After suggesting a few places we could go, and with some consultation with the short people we decided to Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Apr 3, 2013
- A New Mexican MealAlas, the last cooking lesson, the last day in New Mexico.
Our last cooking lesson was taught by Lois Ellen Frank again. This time she did not spend so much time with the lecture but rather gave tips as she Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 1, 2013
- A Day in TaosWe love Taos, would love to live part time in Taos. Our house, the house that we wanted, sold and closed last Friday so we couldn’t visit it. But we could still eat meals, lots of meals in Taos. Comfort Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Mar 28, 2013
- Santa Fe ArrivalOur flights were uneventful, but since I love flying I was glad to be back in the air.
Our flight from Bakersfield was delayed so we hurried to our next gate in L.A. only to dis Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Mar 26, 2013
- A Great WallSo about 6am, I stirred when someone was trying to enter our hotel room, phew - it was just Mike, fresh off the redeye flight from Bangkok, freezing after enjoying a week of 30 degree days only to plummet to Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 15, 2013
- BeijingMum and Dad have been visiting since Christmas, and very kindly and ably looked after our little darlings while last week we went to Harbin. And as part of their ticket to China received a 'free' domestic flight and Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 12, 2013
- HDTV Cruise Port Cams Provide Cruise Fix ~ UpdateUpdate to this blog entry; more cameras, upgrades and extras added.
A fourth location was added at [[http://portmiamiwebcam.com/|Port Miami]]. This camera provides views of cruise ships and terminal traffic inbound and outbound at Port Miami from a rel Posted by Cpt_Ron in The Captain's Xpressions | Jan 20, 2013