Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Catching Up In MontaioneJuly 20th-
Steve-It is morning and hopefully in about 2 hours I will go and pick up our family rental car from the airport at Rome… We have spent the last two days schlepping kids through two foreign cities (Rome and Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Jul 21, 2010
I'm fairly sure I was meant to live here.
There is something s Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 20, 2010
- AustraliaWe are in AUSTRALIA!!!! Woohoo!!
Monday July 19 we were wakened from our fitful slumber at the Holiday Inn Auckland at a rather early 3:00am. After a small snack and some quick showers we headed to the Auckland airport Posted by gcapfour in Allores on Vacation | Jul 20, 2010
- jetlag10:00 am
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/308869/3210.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/308869/ Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 14, 2010
- LondonWhile we like to think of ourselves as sophisticated city dwellers, the fact of the matter is that London overwhelms. Taxis zipping down the road, commuters hopping on and off the underground, millions of tourists all scrunched together in Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 18, 2010
- Leaving LijiangAll the heavy rain over the weekend, and that forecast for the rest of this week, made us decide to leave Lijiang after only 4 days. Didi had won the hearts of the staff at the Garden Inn Hostel, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 19, 2010
- Nanna and Grandad's houseHi Class and everyone else,
I am having an alright time at my nanna and Grandad's house it is only alright because I don't have any other kids to play with except Will and Bubble and Squeak, who get a bit Posted by eviehb in Last day of school | Jul 19, 2010
- New Zealand: The family hit QueenstownFollowing the previous night, we decided that in order for Donna to survive her bungy jump, Jules to survive her Canyon Swing and Laura to survive watching Donna's bungy jump, another Fergburger was in order. Timing as essential so Posted by noodz4loz in Babez on Round the World Tour 2010 | Jul 19, 2010
- Athens RecapJuly 18, 2010 Steve- A return to Athens!
We have now (as of this writing) been back in Athens for two nights. A quick wrap up on the boat: Our final passage, from Poros to Athens, had us taking on about Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Jul 18, 2010
- 2 Days; 2 CountriesTrinity and I had a bit of a rough start with our Belgium trip. We went to get the rental car on Friday afternoon and after staying up all day after working and finally filling out all the paperwork Posted by Khandilee in A Travel Nurse in Germany | Jul 18, 2010
- MADRIDArrived in <madrid and was impressed by the ease of which the train service runs. <it is immaculate with brightly coloured walls and clean stations. Although we had to change trains 3 times to get to our station Posted by hudson17 in Hudson Holiday 2010 | Jul 18, 2010
- Recuperating in AthensFriday July 16th- Left Poros early. Rough night of sleep… amazingly HOT! Got underway and the breeze was blowing out of the north and it was Soooooo windy and cool! Efcharisto (Thank you) God! Posted by sandlb107 in The Butz Family Heads to Europe | Jul 18, 2010
- Out of the Cathedral and Into Hot WaterWhen you last read about the intrepid Cronsberry family, we had just left the beautiful town of Russell bound for Whangamata at the base of the Coromandel Penninsula. The bach at Whangamata was rustic and comfie, and we settled Posted by tcrons in Cronsberry Trip Downunder | Jul 18, 2010
- Rainy days...Here we are 2400m above sea level, in a picturesque little town called Lijiang. It really is beautiful, but apart from our first afternoon here we haven't seen the sun!
We have spent lots of time roaming around Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 17, 2010
- Out with the Guilliams in St. Helena[b]Yesterday the whole family spent the day together. Our first stop was the St. Helena Farmer's Market. It was really interesting. It takes place in the park, which, is perfect for the girls. We ended buying some fancy goat cheese Posted by Vriesema in West Coast Trip | Jul 17, 2010
- The ScrambleMonday Morning -- 5:30 am
My brain wakes up before my body - we're so close to being ready to walk out the door but there are about 42 final things we must do before we can open our books and Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 12, 2010
- Mission Beach
Mission beach was a very nice place, its a place to come too chill out. You can walk to everyth Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Jul 17, 2010
- Anne FrankWe arrive into Amsterdam after a perfect flight. An extended layover gives us an opportunity to do a few hours of exploring so we take the train and head into the city. In this early morning hour, we Posted by Queen Anne in "and miles to go..." | Jul 13, 2010
- End of Week One!Quote of the Trip (so far)..."I can't apologize for the climate!" - waiter at restaurant in Gardiner Montana after the wind ripped through the patio taking a customer's pizza with it!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/284866/P7120426.jpg caption=The Posted by baltzers in Baltzers' Ultimate Road Trip | Jul 16, 2010
- End of Our Time In New ZealandWednesday July14th
Paku Summit Walk
We had a lazy morning and mooched around Whangamata and of course visiting the local bakery once again. Very tasty treats!! I also tried, once again to do internet stuff which resulted in only Posted by gcapfour in Allores on Vacation | Jul 16, 2010
- Disaster...So after a wonderful stay in Dali, it was unfortunately marred by something out of our control... something I can do nothing about... but something that affects our careful and meticulous planning! The Jade Roo Hostel mixed up our Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 16, 2010
- Magnetic Island
Yesterday we went to magnetic island it was so beautiful the view was awesome.
It was so much fun we hired a mini topless car it was so small.
W Posted by jordan21 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Jul 16, 2010
We went to the Reef HQ Aquarium which has the largest living coral display, we got to visit the turtle hospital and Posted by cljj2010 in Trip to the tip! 2010 | Jul 16, 2010
- Thanks Dali...Busy week here in Dali... but overall lovely and restful, it's been great! We're off to Lijiang this morning, looking forward to exploring somewhere new!
What have we done?
We walked down to the lake and back, 13km round trip! Mike's Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 15, 2010
- Day 7Sporadic internet here in Yellowstone...
Fishing...in 2 days, 8 trout from three different rivers including hookups with 2 HUGE pee in your pants bigguns
RV-ing...1800 kms over 2 9000 foot passes on roads with no shoulder and still in Posted by baltzers in Baltzers' Ultimate Road Trip | Jul 15, 2010