Blog Entries tagged 'family_travel'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'family_travel'
- Mont Saint MichelWe left Bordeaux, not too early, but with a decent drive ahead of us, and a pin dropped on the GPS to take us to Mont Saint Michel. Our GPS has taken us on some magical mystery tours every now Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Aug 2, 2014
- BordeauxAfter a ‘French Breakfast’ of coffee and pastries, we headed into Bordeaux to have a look around. Our hotel is out near the university and is very basic, and seems to cater more to a long term business visits Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 28, 2014
- BarcelonaAfter packing up our campsite, which is no small feat to clean everything up, fold and repack furniture, bed sheets, clothes, and of course the tent, and get it all into the car, taking about 3 hours all up. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 24, 2014
- One Day in LyonDoesn't quite have the same ring to it as "One night in Bangkok", but we had a glorious day today... albeit continuing with our not brilliant weather patterns, fortunately today was just cold and overcast, but no actual rain. Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- First camping stopHere it is... home for the next 5 days.
Awesome job setting up the tent, and fortunately with no hiccups remembering how to set up the tent. It was a two hour job, to get ev Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2014
- KeukenhofI've had some difficulty uploading photos over the last few months, which has contributed to the interruption to usual services, or black and white screenings (ie no pictures!). Fortunately though the upload system seems to be up and running Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 3, 2014
- Just Trying To Move On Down the RoadWe had one last claim in Yreka, all the way to the Oregon border and drove there after Burney Falls. From Yreka we needed to get to Petaluma. The plan was that we’d get to Petaluma by late afternoon, Clayton Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 23, 2014
- Visiting the LivingOf course, the best part of any trip are the people we meet along the way. Oklahoma was no different.
We first went to my mom’s first cousin, Bill. Bill is the son of my grandmother’s younger brother. Bill offered Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 12, 2014
- More AncestorsWe got an early start as we wanted to stop at Chinn’s Chapel Cemetery once more before heading to Oklahoma. This time we went into the chapel and opened the two doors and windows. We let in light and fresh Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 11, 2014
- Introducing a Granddaughter to her Ancestors I had a conference in Dallas to attend as I needed to obtain some yearly certifications. I thought it might be good to take a couple of extra days and go to see some family stuff.
My maternal grandmother was Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Apr 10, 2014
- Pregnant SisterJie Jie and I went on a very quick weekend trip to London in November, to visit my sister who was expecting her first baby in December. We went to help her prepare!!
We left straight after school on Friday, Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- Mallorca Given that I 'accidentally' got a job 3 days before term started, our settling in time to our new home has taken a bit longer than planned, and been a bit more tiring than planned. When I was not Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Feb 13, 2014
- New and Improved EuropeJust when I started planning our Europe trip, again, I was called away but fortunately for claims nearby. Finally I’m done and back to our lives as they were months ago, at least for today.
We’ve been planning a trip to Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Feb 5, 2014
- Tutukaka- The first 2 days!Day 1- The Travel (written on the morning of Day 3)
I feel a little tempted to over-dramatize the travel it took to get here but it was relatively uneventful, and everything went very smoothly. It took us over 24 hours Posted by sandlb107 in Our New Zealand/Australian Adventure | Dec 23, 2013
- Day trip to FlorenceDear All
We went on a day trip to Florence yesterday. What an experience!
Prior to using the underground to get to the Train station, we had an experiemental run which of course went swimmingly. Yesterday morning we left with what we Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 25, 2013
- The Roma adventure continuesDear All
Have once again been just a tad busy, so the blog has been neglected unfortunately.
We went to Pompeii yesterday. Was a really long day but well worth it. We were picked up by Vincenzo, a dashing, flamboyant and Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 23, 2013
- History on showDear All
Having a jam packed time. Nearly worn our a pair of shoes with all of the walking around.
Have now got it pretty well sussed with doing a bit of sight seeing, then stopping at a Cafe for some Gelato Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 21, 2013
- Roma - the beautiful but extremely grimy cityDear All
Our first full day in Rome today.
Got onto the open top bus today and did a round trip to see all the major sights of Rome. Got a Roma pass which we will use today when we go on Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 19, 2013
- York to EdinburghDear All
The pace has been a little frantic and I haven't had much time to do the blog.
We are off to Rome this morning so will do what I can to provide more information as soon as I can.
Suffice to Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 17, 2013
- Glastonbury to YorkDear All
Left Parsnips fairly early (rather regretfully I might say) and hit the road to Nottingham. The owner of the B&B, Linda, was so welcoming and went to all lengths to make sure we had a fantastic stay and she Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 15, 2013
- Wells & BathSo today was off to Wells Cathedral which apparently has some connection with King Arthur & Gwynavere! Rather huge and as beautiful as Westminster Abbey. Just a little plainer on the inside and not as many famous people buried there. Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 13, 2013
- Cornwall and GlastonburyDear all
Have been flat chat and therefore been just a tad slack at updating the blog.
Left London for Gatwick Airport and picked up the car. Noice! It's VW Sharan and for a 2 litre, picks its skirts up and bolts Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 12, 2013
- Final day of Shopping in London Dear All
Last day for getting around and picking up the last little bits of shopping.
London is awesome and we've had a ball.
We split up yesterday. Margy and Sandy went to Madame Tussauds, Kensington Palace and some shopping.
Ron and I Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 9, 2013
- Day 4-5 in LondonG'day all
London is so wonderful to visit. So much to see and the shopping is superb!
We went to Buckingham Palace yesterday along with most of London's population to see the changing of the guard. With the little I could see, Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 7, 2013
- Day 2 - 3G'day all
Have had a busy time, hence being a little slack about updating the blog!
Thursday Ron was not feeling the best so stayed at home, which was possibly not the wisest decision as we found Harrods!
However, we haven't burnt the Posted by BeeandRon in Europe here we come again! | Sep 6, 2013