Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- Kawara SobaKawara soba or roof-tile soba is a Yamaguchi prefecture delicacy. The soba is made of tea and that's what gives it the green colour. On top of the Kawara soba are tamago yaki shreds (omlette shreds), minced beef, Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Oct 4, 2015
- Romance and Quebec CityWell, Quebec City definitely hasn’t lost its appeal. We arrived, and much to Jacks delight, we again checked in to a castle, Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. This time, we had a family sized room, with a couch! Mick loved this Posted by Jochester71 in Chesters USA and Canada Trip 2015 | Oct 1, 2015
- Mapo YakisobaMapo Yakisoba is one of many soul food people who live in the prefecture Miyagi eat. What makes this dish so interesting is that other parts of Japan has never thought of adding Mapo Tofu to noodles, only rice. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 30, 2015
- Sydney EQ Village marketsThese markets are open every Wednesday & Saturday and are located in the grounds of the old Sydney Show ground in what's now called the The Entertainment Quarter.
[img=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by Bruco in Farmers Markets around the World | Sep 27, 2015
- Discovering Animals like Charles DarwinOur flight to Galapagos seemed to take forever! We left Quito and touched down in a city of Guayaquil before continuing on. Getting off the plane I was instantly surprised about the terrain; when I thought of the Galapagos I Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 25, 2015
- Kinchaku KitsuneIn this blog post I am going to talk about a famous B class our met delicacy in Nara prefecture called the "Kinchaku Kitsune". In Japanese, kinchaku means pouch and kitsune is that piece of friend tofu over a Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 21, 2015
- Ika-somenIka-somen is a dish that is most famous in Hakodate, Hokkaido. The word somen is referred to a common type of noodles in Japanese cuisine made of wheat flour and Ika means squid. So if transliterated correctly Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 20, 2015
- Genghis KhanYou probably heard of Genghis Khan before; the leader of the once all powerful mighty empire of Mongol. However, in Hokkaido, Genghis Khan is a name of a popular food. This dish resembles yakiniku but instead of beef, Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 19, 2015
- Kaisen-donKaisen-don is what every tourist who goes to Hokkaido and dream about eating aside from the famous Miso ramen. Kaisen means seafood and it has various different kinds of raw seafood being put on top of a bowl of Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 17, 2015
- Ranch Smashburger with the WorksIn large bowl, combine ground beef and 1½ tablespoons (half the packet) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dips Mix. Season with pepper. Use your hands to gently combine and form mixture into 4 loosely packed balls, about 2" thick. Refrigerate 30 Posted by ninjljlkn in bookname | Sep 16, 2015
- Hokkaido Ramen Part OneThe most notable ramen in Hokkaido probably is Miso ramen. Everyone come from all around Japan to savour this delicious dish. However to people in Hokkaido, Miso ramen is just one out of many different types of ramen flavours Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 15, 2015
- Soup CurryMostly known as the Snow Country, Hokkaido is best known for its lavender field, Ski Resorts and seafood. Since Hokkaido has long winters and short summers, people in Hokkaido need to find different ways to keep themselves warm. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 14, 2015
- P&O Pacific Pearl Cruise Food Slideshow Youtube link[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjoDGPi3yYw|CLICK HERE]] Posted by lazytraveldays in Lazy Travel Days | Sep 14, 2015
- The Crepe CafeOh well here I am again, sobrang busy for the past weeks. I did try to alot time writing this entry but sobrang work tlaga. Last night was a blast, I decided to try "The Crepe Cafe" along Posted by billsaint in Journey to the Arab Land | Sep 10, 2015
- Health During TravelImagine in your Health During Travel making arrangements for your fantasy get-away for a while, enthusiastically taking a look at spots to visit online, booking inns, looking at different points of interest and fastidiously creating your ideal occa Posted by remisame in Travel,Tips, Advice and Hints | Sep 5, 2015
- Climbing El Peñon de Guatapé.... Just for the ViewWe were pretty sad to leave Cartagena. It is a vibrant and fun place. We jumped on a plane bound for Medellin from there we had a two hour bus to a small town called Guatape...why were we heading there? Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 4, 2015
- Colombo Day 1 - Wedding Sweets & Diyatha Uyana
It's been awhile since my last travel entry! I haven't finished recounting my Europe Trip in 2014, but I've been having a hectic few months and had to stop for a bit. And I'm back with my Posted by kurodatenshi in A Wedding Guest in Sri Lanka | Aug 31, 2015
- Old Friends, New FriendsWe’d stopped at the last rest stop in Washington to spend the night thinking that it would be much easier to cross the border into Canada in the morning. There were several reasons, mostly becau Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 28, 2015
- Making Our Way to the BorderEver onward. So we had to be in Seattle for lunch, maybe a late lunch, but lunch nevertheless.
Dale’s cousin suggested that we meet in the parking lot of a mall, a mall that is likely the most deserted mall Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 26, 2015
- Old Friends, Good WineOne plus of a road trip is being able to stop when and where we want, see friends, make a detour, eat in a restaurant or in the RV, turn around and go back home.
Once I knew that I had Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 23, 2015
- A Little Work, Lots Of PlayWe made San Francisco, the weather was cold next to what we’d come from; 100+ in Bakersfield to high 60’s in S.F.
I made my claim meeting and laid out what would be paid for.
From the claim, we went straight Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 22, 2015
- An Untouched Paradise
We awoke at 4am for a 5am trip to our boat. Needless to say we were zonked. The jeep tripped ended up being a crammed affair. There were seven of us and the driver in the jeep…they t Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 20, 2015
- Family Gathering, Part 2On Friday a.m. we woke up to see our sister-in-law Jan. We haven’t seen her since our Downton dinner and were glad to catch up with her. Other relatives arrived on Friday afternoon and those we hadn’t seen for several Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 13, 2015
- Paella cooking class
After very little sleep due to loud roommates we had a late start to the morning. We were both awake around 10ish but the rest of the room was still asleep so we thought we would be nice and not Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 8, 2015
- It’s My Birthday. I'll Eat if I Want To.
It all started when Matt asked me what I wanted for my birthday.
I puzzled. I planned. I pondered.
I came up with…..nothing.
There was absolutely nothing I wanted that I didn’ Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 7, 2015