Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- ShanghaiShanghai was final stop in China and also on my world trip,
We stayed near the Bund which is the historic riverside from the days of British occupation that is home to many of the banking offices.
Two of dad's Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Dec 17, 2013
- Chaya & The Super Food Conundrums[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
It wasn’t until returning to Earth Lodge in 2012 that the term super food meant more to me than a larger portion of Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 16, 2013
- Some thoughts from the pierThe world of sailing is one of wind and water, wood and metal. The forces of movement and stillness are ever present. It is a world of danger and adventure. Above all, it is real, and it is human.
Sailboats are Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Dec 9, 2013
- How to Deal with The Devil's Snot[center][[http://jonathonengels.weebly.com|]][/center]
Recently turned 35, Emma and I have become aware of the impending likelihood Posted by jonathonengels in Jonathon Engels: A Life Abroad | Dec 7, 2013
- GuangzhouDad's "home" city was a 25 min train ride (Traveling at speeds up to 290km/hr.) from Shenzhen.
We arrived in the suburb Dad lives, a tree lined street without much traffic, but plenty of interesting sights and interesting food to Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Dec 5, 2013
- Liberty's looking east.For some days here, morale wasn't too high. Motivation was difficult to find, and the heat didn't help. We started to slack, but then, the engine started. With it's deep roar it gave us a much needed energy boost. Then Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Nov 30, 2013
- Chiang Mai, Oh my! The city of Chiang Mai is a bit like a steaming bowl of pad thai; a lot going on, exotic but perfectly suited to westerners. We arrived in the northern Thailand city after an overnight bus from Bangkok. Our timing Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Nov 28, 2013
- Goodbye Europe!After a fantastic couple of weeks I left England, just as the "biggest storm in 50 years" came through, but I didn't really notice and my flight went smoothly.
When I originally booked my round the world trip I didn't know Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Nov 18, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Sea Day #1Update: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
Our first full day of the cruise was a sea day. We had a leisurely morning, beginning with breakfast at Blu. After checking out the morning's view Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Nov 15, 2013
- The simpler taste of Paris
Every city has its landmarks; temples, cathedrals, monuments, Posted by DenOS.08 in In Search of the Researchable | Nov 15, 2013
- Lima, Peru[center]
Trip to cell block.
We arrived to Lima airport at 1am, to a chaotic arrivals hall where we searched for our names amongst hundreds of others, and we were swiftly taken into our Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Nov 11, 2013
- The first couple of daysWe arrived in Bangkok airport yesterday evening after two long flights. We went as directed to fill out forms for visas, one of which was missing and we were misled by some very grumpy Thai workers. Basically, all Thai people Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 7, 2013
- Mopping Up My DribbleI don't want to bore you with a diary of each day in Paris so I thought I might just cover some general topics .
So this one is a little foray into French food.
I've loved French food all my adult Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 31, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: EmbarkationUpdate: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
The day had finally arrived. Despite having already spent time in the incredible cities of Berlin and Rome, the main component of my gradua Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Oct 28, 2013
- Dominican Food for LunchThere is a group of us who seem to travel together to storms. This started in Sacramento last year when a bunch of us worked in an office and got to be friends. Now we were together again in New Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 24, 2013
- Oktoberfest Road Trip FoodBelgium:
Chocolate, waffles, and cherry beer are all things we've had, and wrote about before. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of being able to p Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 20, 2013
- San Francisco - Day 4 - Shopping, Eating and KaraokeSo last night I crashed in bed at 18h30, right? Andi ordered some middle eastern food to be delivered to our house but I didn't even bother waking up for that, although he tried. Jetlag is a pain... As per Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Oct 16, 2013
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- Lower ManhattanIt's the last Sunday of my around the world trip and time for the last big item on my bucket list - Lower Manhattan. I had already explored [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/136/|Mid Manhattan]] and the [[http://francisworldtrip.travell Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- Portuguese FoodFried Steak: Though not particularly exotic, fried steak with egg and chips is apparently fairly typical Portuguese cuisine. Unfortunately frying in lots of oil leaves the steak fairly greasy and mushy.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/po Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 28, 2013
- The Italian Job We were so excited to have found a volunteer job through WWOOF** but minutes before our host was due to pick us up from the local train station, the nerves kicked in. We had no experience caring for animals beyond Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Oct 4, 2013
- C'est France:We we picked up a car again in Chambery outside of Lyon with the intention of getting reacquainted with the other side of the road before hitting the by large city of Lyon. As usual despite, or perhaps because Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- Oceans, Food and "R&R"An eventful if not particularly active couple of days.
On Monday morning we ventured beyond MBK to the big fancy shopping centres nearby. First was Siam Paragon, to ogle at the luxury cars and revisit Siam Ocean World. The Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Oct 1, 2013
- Spend the Day in MBKSound the trumpets, Plane Boy is forty! After a leisurely start we had a very nice buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. (For those in the know, the bacon was dead crispy!) Then we packed a bag, Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Sep 29, 2013
- Witches market and altitude sickness
Yesterday we woke up at around 9 and went for breakfast in the upstairs res Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Peruvian adventure! | Sep 29, 2013