Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- Harvest Celebrations Arezzo & Tasting in CortonaWe are rallied to help in the preparations in the kitchen of Relais La Torre for the annual celebration of the grape harvest. Little did we know that our timing was perfect for this day of frivolity & merriment. Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 20, 2014
- A Fall Food Festival in NYC: Let's Get Grubby It is not often that I have to be talked into attending a food festival. (Indeed, some longtime readers of this blog have hinted that my entire life is a food festival.) But last month, when Angel suggested Posted by TraceyG in Escape From New York | Nov 19, 2014
- Meet David - FlorenceWe arrived in Florence to be surrounded by churches and old buildings, there was even a church outside of the main train station. From here we were straight off to find our AirBnB accommodation which was beautiful and helped make Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 17, 2014
- Montepulciano a masterpiece of TuscanySetting out from Arezzo, we travel south to the very famous hilltop town , and one I have always wanted to visit , Montepulciano. we have a a tour of the town lined up before a very special meeting with Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 16, 2014
- Tuscany based in Arezzo, a wine & food experienceThis was to be the final 4 days of what has been an amazing food & wine tour with Ben Cleary and the Benfatti Foods group.
Could we keep finding more amazing experiences in this wonderful country . Lets see Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 16, 2014
- ShanghaiWe arrived in Shanghai safe and sound. Our flights were delightfully empty. I've actually never seen so few people on a flight even on those bound to Winnipeg (just kidding guys) or those really expensive ones in Laos. They fed Posted by Sarah.M in Explore | Nov 14, 2014
- The Ruins of RomeWe sadly left Naples & headed to Rome. It was straight off to tourist central and the constant question ... Selfie? Selfie sticks are sold everywhere and that question was never-ending the whole time we were in Rome. After Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 14, 2014
- Last days in PerthHad a pretty quiet last few days in Perth. My host Susanne and went to the Perth Zoo in search of exotic creatures. We found a few- here's a kangaroo and a kookaburra
[img=http:// Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 13, 2014
- French Down, German to Go! Ooof ! Brace yourselves – this is gonna be a long one! I apologize that it has been so long since my last post, but I’ve been really busy over the past two weeks searching desperately for Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Nov 12, 2014
- Home cooking then Michelin dining in Romagna In preparation for todays cooking class with the bubbly Caterina at here casa we had actually visited the central markets in Modena yesterday to get the ingredients needed.
[img=http://photos.t Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Nov 11, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - IstanbulI was jumping around with excitement about going to Istanbul and sampling the cuisine. I remember counting off all the things I wanted to try to Lewis on one of our bus rides on our Intrepid Trip. He raised Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 10, 2014
- Where East Meets West - IstanbulWe arrived into Istanbul at 5am from Bulgaria and so had finished our Intrepid trip. Although sleep deprived we were wired from the great vibe that Istanbul delivered. We were both cautious to over hype Istanbul considering everyone we Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - Intrepid EditionOur Intrepid Trip began in Hungary with numerous varieties of Langos (Fried Bread) It was drool worthy. Bread dough deep fried and served hot covered in lashings of sour cream, cheese and our choice of fresh tomato. The flavour combination Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Nov 8, 2014
- Cooking à la CharlesAs cooking endeavors go, this is my favorite way to cook: go to the market and buy what's fresh. I had settled on seafood and bought two types of octopus, a whole fresh fish, mussels and tiger prawns. Other ingredients Posted by Charles Lemos in Have iPad Will Travel | Nov 8, 2014
- First day in IndiaHere is a picture of the typical homes in Chennai:
This is the place we stayed. It was a room on the roof of Uncle Jeeva's place. It had a bathroom attached:
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Lorraine'sblog in Tamil Nadu | Nov 3, 2014
- Fremantle and a sunsetI wandered down to Fremantle, about half an hour by car south of my Arbnb in Innaloo. On the way I stopped at a beach to sample the Western Australia beach lifestyle. Perth shares a lot of climatic Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 2, 2014
- Korea Grand FinaleWith only one day left, I decided to head out of town on a train and take a look at the countryside. I headed for a popular tourist destination called Nami Island, which styles itself as the Nami Republic. Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- Traditional KoreaI decided to head out to the Korean Folk Village, a combination outdoor museum and small amusement park on the outskirts of Seoul. Turned out to be a pretty good decision. There were, as might be expected, hordes Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 27, 2014
- The best of Parmigaino Reggiano and Balsamic VinegarWe travel only 20 minutes just down the hill from our village of Castelvetro to the property known as Hombre, one of the most significant Parmigaino producers in all of Italy. We are taken on a guided tour of the Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 27, 2014
- Changdeokgung palace and bindaetteok at kwangjang marketTook it easy in the AM blogging and watching the World Series game (yay Giants!) then headed to Changdeokgung palace. It's time for colors to turn here and so I wandered around getting pics of the building and the Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 26, 2014
- A Day in the Olive GrovesAnother perfect day unfolds in Monterado, and an early morning walk discovers deer on the hillside below the Castello di Monterado, grazing in the clearings of the forest that surround the castle.
After another breakfast prepared in the ancient Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 25, 2014
- Seoul national museumI took it easy on Saturday, blogging in the morning and then heading to the Seoul National Museum. This is an entirely new facility opened in 2010 that is monumental in size, clad inside and out in marble, and Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 25, 2014
- Last of Japan, first of KoreaRobin and Michele took off on Tuesday, and so I had Wednesday to do a little more exploring in Tokyo.
I spent the day at the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art, which has a pretty nice collection of Western art and Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 24, 2014
- The Flavors of EarthAlaska is known for its halibut.
Belgium for its chocalate and fries...
(In Homer Simpson voice): "Mmmmm...chocalate and fries."
also for its mussels and World-Class Beers: "Mmmmm...world class beer."
Canada serves up the lovely concoction of poutine, Posted by Jack'sWild in The Flavors of Earth | Oct 21, 2014
- Truffles - Honey - Caves & OilAfter the incredible day of the Truffle we gather in the main Piazza in Ascoli for dinner at possibly the most famous Cafe Meletti, hosted by the Staffolani family.
[img=http://photos.travell Posted by Bruco in Foodie Tour Accross Italy with Benfatti | Oct 21, 2014