Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- Oh How I Missed You Meat Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Mar 10, 2013
- Khao Yai National ParkI had 2 things on my must do list for the few days I had in Bangkok; see the iconic buddhist temples and to go for a ride on an elephant. I had done the temples, now it was time Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Mar 2, 2013
- ECO KitchenOne of my favorite site visits in Chennai was to the ECO Kitchen - a sustainable enterprise that is teaming up with Sodexo to feed impoverished communities in Tamil Nadu and achieve the Millenium Development Goal of eradicating extreme hunger. Posted by Fabian1993 in Study Abroad (Spring 2013) | Mar 6, 2013
- Jogjakartai remembered the very first time i arrived in Jogjakarta. A group of students and their mentor from this Campus ministry picked me up from the Tugu Train Station. I vividly remembered one of the students from Gajah Mada University, Posted by cyrus43 in on foot, on planes, on buses or trains | Mar 2, 2013
- Amongst Peppers and Prawns.
Sitting sneakily to the side of the madness that is the renowned and infamous Ramblas, amongst all its lunacy, beauty, chaos and history is La Boquería market, one of the most popular si Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Feb 28, 2013
- Talkin' Turkey! Sublime Constantinople!
My first visit to wonderful Turkey, provided 3 weeks of unmatched exploring. Travel with Christa i Posted by LisaOnTheRoad in Lisa On the Road ~ Non-India Adventures! | Feb 26, 2013
- Two Day Expedition to the Wahiba SandsA must do in Oman is to venture out and stay overnight in the desert and my chance to do it had arrived. I booked myself a personal driver/guide with a Toyota 4WD Landcruiser and booked a night at the Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Feb 20, 2013
- Is it Only About the Food?Ben, Hannah and I drove the 4 kilometers back into town for lunch today, leaving Abby to her schoolwork and leftovers, as she desired. We walked around the sunlit square assessing the various eatery options, and decided upon a different Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 22, 2013
- Mi Stima Aruba: Where We AteMany vacations to a tropical locale include the decision of whether or not to stay at all-inclusive resort. Although an all-inclusive resort can certainly be a good decision in many places, Aruba has increasingly become known for its food and Posted by cgplatt in Our Never Ending Journey | Feb 20, 2013
- Rain, Hail, Rain, Hail, Goodnight, Sun, Wind, Sun, Wind.The past two days haven't been so eventful. On the 15th we experienced almost every kind of weather (except sun) so we were forced to stay inside. One minute we had a light sprinkling of rain, and the next minute Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Feb 17, 2013
- What Bibs, Plastic Gloves and Spring Onions Have in Common
I’m perched on a wobbly chair swigging from a cup of woody, red wine, eagerly anticipating what is to come. February has arrived and the Calçotada season is in full swing across Posted by lauracerys in Destino Infinito | Feb 16, 2013
- Unsafe Snacks 3 Hello again!! After a lot of slacking off we finally have another edition of unsafe snacks to present to you. This time we have ventured into the Middle East to bring to you some of the weird and wonderful flavoured Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Feb 12, 2013
- Let Them Eat Cake Part IIDay Three: Coming Uncorked
I woke up for the second day in a row with a hangover. Wow. This might be a record. Or an all time low. I wasn't sure which category to place it in.
I was going to have Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 11, 2013
- Let Them Eat Cake Part IArrival Day: Just in Time for Sunset
It was cold in Tennessee. It had been snowing. Things were icing over. My car door was frozen shut when I tried to go to work. It was definitely time to head somewhere warm.
When Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 11, 2013
- Let Them Eat Cake - IntroIt was back in September, as I was reading the latest entry on my favorite travel blog, [[http://traceyg.travellerspoint.com/|Escape From New York]] by incredible funny girl and travel writer extraordinaire, TraceyG, that I saw these magical words, "Mark Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 11, 2013
- Local FoodI was excited to be going to a region known for its good food. Myanmar has not let me down! The food here is heavily influenced by Thailand, China and India.
At the forefront of Burmese cuisine is the Posted by CirrusNine in Myanmar & China 2013 | Feb 10, 2013
- Middle Eastern Food & DrinkOverall Middle Eastern food is earnestly earthy, featuring a lot of staples such as bread, dips, legumes and grilled meats that eschew the extravagant for comfortingly simple flavours.
Hommous, Tahini & Baba Ganoush, salads & flat bread: Fairly Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Feb 9, 2013
- Hanoi Day 2Breakfast at Hanoi Hostel was by far more than I expected. Fried eggs, bread, watermelon, bananas and coffee/tea. Hadn't realized I was starving until I wondered why my plate was empty. Went downstairs to meet my tour guide from Hanoi Posted by Jenjilla in One country at a time | Jan 19, 2013
- A Grave Mistake.Hey kids, Stefan ge ge here again (and no, ge ge isn’t some weird traditional food, for all you conspiracy theorists – it’s chinese for big brother).
It’s that time of the year again, which means more action, more weird traditional Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Jan 22, 2013
- Kutná HoraThis is a really cute little town about an hour outside of Prague and a really great day trip out of the city. We went with a tour company during our stay in Prague and it was definitely worth it. Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | Jan 2, 2013
- Snacks I Haven't Tried Yet
Haven't gotten around to getting myself a bag of chicken feet yet, but maybe someday when I get a craving for something unusual.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/52 Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Jan 16, 2013
- Introducing Guizhou==Day 2 – Baiyun district, Guiyang, Guizhou==
When you meet someone in China, they always asked you where you’re from. It’s a way for people to quickly size you up in such a huge count Posted by jumbo123 in Rice Bowl Adventures! | Jan 14, 2013
- Gastronomic Tour of Hong KongAfter the trip with Etta's dad, we made a stop in HK. Whenever we make a trip to China, we always make a point of stopping in the gateway to PRC - HKSAR for a shopping spree, and an eating Posted by FrancisQ in RamBLer WithOUT BorDers | Apr 5, 2012
- Hokkien Mee @ Penang, Malaysia[float=right][/float]
I am an absolute foodie. Food is one of the best part of travelling. Penang was ranked one of the Asian cities with greatest street food, for sure I have to try its lo Posted by fon in Fon's Travel Journal | Jan 11, 2013
- Taiwan Day 3If I never smell stinky tofu again it will be too soon. And I still have four days left in Taiwan. Le sigh.
Today was a good day. I met a friend of a friend and Posted by cstravelsabroad in Charlene's Travels Abroad | Jan 6, 2013