Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- A Slice of (Italian) Life[float=left][/float]The heat of the last few days has made us feel more and more like doing less and less. Therefore, today was a day of sitting on t Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 27, 2013
- The Italian PartySadly, Ben was out of commission today. Not feeling well, he elected to spend the day recuperating at home. That meant that it became A Girl’s Day Out, with the remaining three of us making a plan. Knowing that the Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 27, 2013
- Dishes I've recently eatenFor the past two days I've expanded my breakfast to granola with peanuts and dried cherries added, mixed with plain coconut yogurt, along with vegetarian sausage, sliced peaches, and iced tea.
For lunch yesterday I had my salad and vegetarian ham/turke Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 26, 2013
- Thaton to Chiang RaiOn the return trip to Tathon, we happened to be accompanied by a Russian, Jewish couple who emigrated to Australia some 18 years ago. This was their first real trip abroad, after being encouraged to hit the road Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jun 26, 2013
- Settling downI arrived in Boston several hours late, so I changed my ticket for the next [[http://www.amtrakdowneaster.com/|Downeaster]] up to Portland. I met up with another young woman who had followed me off the [[http://www.mbta.com/|T]] while I was transferring s Posted by poetisa16 in Adventures Up North | Jun 25, 2013
- Dunedin - Day 77We were in need of a shower (don't worry, I'm not saying each time we've had a shower, so we are pretty clean I promise!) so when we arrived in Dunedin this morning we found they had a local swimming Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 9, 2013
- Summer 2012 Part VI - Spelunking, of sortsOur first stop of the day, after our adieu's to Ana at the airport and getting in Mr. Liu's van, was Mr. Liu's apartment complex. He forgot his drivers license and permit for driving tourists around at home. To quote Posted by katya42 in A Bibliophile Abroad | Jun 23, 2013
- Historic Downtown Los AngelesLos Angeles has a cricket complex! I stumbled upon this little known fact while investigating what I might want to see while I was visiting the city and of course been a cricket fan I was quite keen to go Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 10, 2013
- Yang Mei SeasonIt's yang mei season! Never heard of yang mei? Well, me either. You MAY have heard of yumberry which is what some companies have called it in the past, although if I had seen a package that Posted by Blanchardlawn in Sinoshine | Jun 15, 2013
- FINAL DESTINATIONAt a really cheap rate of $46 I got a direct flight, 1300 km long, from Thailand to Malaysia. Yup that's right, I'm in Malaysia. This is, unfortunately, the LAST stop on my summer journey. Luckily, I am ending my Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- THAILAND~~~Bangkok, Thailand..... My second last destination, how crazy! It was a $263 flight and 2213 km, but 7 hour and 15 minutes (including a layover of 1 hour and 25 minutes) I was in my second last destination! I Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- HELLO ASIA! :)As you can see, another blog, another place I visited. This was my first stop in Asia, Nepal!!! The flight from Brussels to Nepal, Kathmandu was 17 hour 55 minute flight with a 6 hour 45 minute layover. This long Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 10, 2013
- Arthur's Pass to Franz Josef Glacier - Day 73Well, last night was freezing. Literally. The window screen on the van was frozen when we woke up and it was only 1 degrees, so it must have dropped below zero during the night. All night we kept waking up Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 5, 2013
- Paris - Places to see and things to eat!Only 2 hours and 16 minutes later, I am in Paris. It was only 344 km apart. Might I add that my first Chunnel experience was affordable ($190) and convenient and comfortable. I LOVE the fact that I didn't have Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- Destination of the Week: London!And I'm not talking London, Ontario. That's right folks, I am currently in London, England (for 5 days)!!! After travelling 7100 km and taking a 10 hour 10 min plane ride (including 1 hour stop in St. Lucia) to London Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- Gouda you like ta go to Gouda?[Note that the title only makes sense if you pronounce Gouda in the Dutch way (Howda) instead of the Canadian way (Gooda). And even then, my kids say I'm really stretching it...]
Today was yet another opportunity to combine a visit Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | Jun 6, 2013
- Blenheim to Kaikoura and Arthur's Pass - Day 72 We have a really tight schedule for the South Island in order to fit in everything we want to see so we hit the road early this morning to head to Kaikoura, as we've read there are sea lions and Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Apr 4, 2013
- Deserts and Desserts
This blog is going to cover two things.
1. Sand boards and dune buggies in Huacachina.
2. 72 hours of Gluttony in Lima
Of course as always we will include loads of photos.
1. H Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Jun 3, 2013
- Taking the Stress out of RyanairDear Reader,
Ryanair has just been voted WORST AIRLINE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE by 2,500 Good Housekeepingreaders. This should come as no surprise to anyone who has used their services, and I use that word loosely!
As I Posted by haveyoubeenyet in Have You Been Yet? by Pam Fisher | Jun 1, 2013
- Dutchies (and I don't mean the Tim Hortons donuts)[float=left][/float]On Saturday, we made ourselves scarce with the promise of our host coming by to clean the place. It wasn’t too hard as we had made Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 29, 2013
- The Netherlands, Day Two[float=left][/float]Today was our second full day in Holland. As some of you may know, we've had a few house troubles, but thankfully we were able to reach an agre Posted by KZFamily in Travelling Family | May 29, 2013
- LAST STOPAfter a busy couple of weeks travelling I have concluded my visit to South America. I ended my visits on a good note in Trinidad and Tobago. I travelled about 376 km from St. Lucia to Port of Spain On Posted by mayals in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 24, 2013
- ParisAfter getting off to a good start in second semester we set off on our next trip, this time to France. One of the best parts about living among Catholics in southern Germany is all the holidays. Second semester started Posted by kmclean in Canadian Students Abroad | May 21, 2013
- Comfy Cornwall13th May
After a moderate drive out of London, our first stop was to see a Wiltshire white horse, this is the practice of digging four feet down to collect chalk, and then compacting it in the shape of various things, Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | May 26, 2013
- Irish FoodThere isn’t much to describe about traditional Irish food as we soon found out. Their main diet seems to consist of meat, vegetables (mainly potatoes) and bread.
Irish stew: Rich gravy with meat (either lamb or beef), potato, carrot and Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | May 21, 2013