Blog Entries tagged 'food'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'food'
- Lima, Peru[center]
Trip to cell block.
We arrived to Lima airport at 1am, to a chaotic arrivals hall where we searched for our names amongst hundreds of others, and we were swiftly taken into our Posted by chiaramichael in 111 Days | Nov 11, 2013
- The first couple of daysWe arrived in Bangkok airport yesterday evening after two long flights. We went as directed to fill out forms for visas, one of which was missing and we were misled by some very grumpy Thai workers. Basically, all Thai people Posted by Kirstyonwroot in England to South East Asia | Nov 7, 2013
- Mopping Up My DribbleI don't want to bore you with a diary of each day in Paris so I thought I might just cover some general topics .
So this one is a little foray into French food.
I've loved French food all my adult Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 31, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: EmbarkationUpdate: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
The day had finally arrived. Despite having already spent time in the incredible cities of Berlin and Rome, the main component of my gradua Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Oct 28, 2013
- Dominican Food for LunchThere is a group of us who seem to travel together to storms. This started in Sacramento last year when a bunch of us worked in an office and got to be friends. Now we were together again in New Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Oct 24, 2013
- Oktoberfest Road Trip FoodBelgium:
Chocolate, waffles, and cherry beer are all things we've had, and wrote about before. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with the idea of being able to p Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Oct 20, 2013
- San Francisco - Day 4 - Shopping, Eating and KaraokeSo last night I crashed in bed at 18h30, right? Andi ordered some middle eastern food to be delivered to our house but I didn't even bother waking up for that, although he tried. Jetlag is a pain... As per Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Amalfi Coast, Italy | Oct 16, 2013
- OktoberfestHaving two cousins living in Munich gave me a completely different experience of Oktoberfest than what other tourists usually experience.
It was so much fun. So many people dressed up in Bavarian clothing, drinking very good beer, singing Bavarian bee Posted by joachim_d in Unemployed and Homeless | Oct 16, 2013
- Lower ManhattanIt's the last Sunday of my around the world trip and time for the last big item on my bucket list - Lower Manhattan. I had already explored [[http://francisworldtrip.travellerspoint.com/136/|Mid Manhattan]] and the [[http://francisworldtrip.travell Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | Jun 9, 2013
- Portuguese FoodFried Steak: Though not particularly exotic, fried steak with egg and chips is apparently fairly typical Portuguese cuisine. Unfortunately frying in lots of oil leaves the steak fairly greasy and mushy.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/484888/po Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 28, 2013
- The Italian Job We were so excited to have found a volunteer job through WWOOF** but minutes before our host was due to pick us up from the local train station, the nerves kicked in. We had no experience caring for animals beyond Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Oct 4, 2013
- C'est France:We we picked up a car again in Chambery outside of Lyon with the intention of getting reacquainted with the other side of the road before hitting the by large city of Lyon. As usual despite, or perhaps because Posted by OwenGadflies in Are We There Yet? | Oct 2, 2013
- Oceans, Food and "R&R"An eventful if not particularly active couple of days.
On Monday morning we ventured beyond MBK to the big fancy shopping centres nearby. First was Siam Paragon, to ogle at the luxury cars and revisit Siam Ocean World. The Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Oct 1, 2013
- Spend the Day in MBKSound the trumpets, Plane Boy is forty! After a leisurely start we had a very nice buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant. (For those in the know, the bacon was dead crispy!) Then we packed a bag, Posted by NarLin in The Nerds at Number Ten... BBB | Sep 29, 2013
- Witches market and altitude sickness
Yesterday we woke up at around 9 and went for breakfast in the upstairs res Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Peruvian adventure! | Sep 29, 2013
- Miraflores and going to Bolivia [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616829/2188F4962219AC68175B12C08850465 Posted by Kirstyonwroot in Peruvian adventure! | Sep 28, 2013
- An Amsterdam weekendAfter a very full Friday in Paris, we headed to Amsterdam for the weekend...
Saturday:: The highlights - A cheese shop and food market in the street near our place.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/616433/large_FFE692612219AC681736A59CB06509EA Posted by cam-shell in Paris is just the beginning... | Sep 23, 2013
- That's AmoreWe consider ourselves lucky travellers. Apart from a New Year’s mugging in Ecuador our travels couldn’t have gone smoother. So, we were in for a bit of a rude shock when things went a little pear shaped in Europe. We Posted by elyshahickey in Wanderlysh | Sep 21, 2013
- All Roads Lead To...: Rome!!!Update: All new posts can be found at [[http://thewanderingmind.net|http://thewanderingmind.net]].
Italy. For years, really for most of my life, Italy has been the place I have wanted to go. That I singled out any particular place is quit Posted by cgplatt in My Never Ending Journey | Sep 20, 2013
- Food = FuelI disagree with my blog title whole heartedly. I think food is the essence of culture, it creates interest in uninteresting situations and it is damn tasty. I have recently been pondering what I would consider my passions in life, Posted by MissMaggieMae in Wonderlust | Sep 19, 2013
- The best pie in ...[float=left][/float]Everyone told us we had to try Perth pies - they are special. Even Josh had heard about them from Australians in Indonesia. So we sought out the best pie shop in Perth. That ha Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Sep 14, 2013
- Rebuilding Nawlins one floor at a time
Our accidental visit to Puerto Rico freed up a bit of time in the schedule before meeting Ange and Courtney in New Orleans. After a bit of investigation into volunteer opportunities, Hayl Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Sep 6, 2013
- Sucre and Potosí, BoliviaWe arrived at about 8am in Sucre after the 13 hour bus ride from La Paz. It felt a lot later and after dropping our bags off at the hostel, we attempted to head out for some breakfast. Firstly, most Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Sep 5, 2013
- Turkish FoodAlthough famed for its food, we're not sure why. Though I'm pretty sure we didn't get to try everything out there (not for lack of trying), overall Turkish food was fairly bland.
Gözleme: Turkish pancake, it is a stuffed grilled roti, Posted by Wongderful in Ameizing Andventures | Sep 3, 2013
- Berthillon / Day 3 in ParisMy routine in Paris seems to be settling in. 3 hours of French lessons every morning ( including a bizarre phonetics class in a recording studio setup ; more on that later). After class today I decided to get my Posted by carol.maseyk in Mon Petite Adventure | Sep 4, 2013