Blog Entries tagged 'health_and_medicine'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'health_and_medicine'
- GI They Aren´t Kidding about the Poisonous TreeWhile I was on a tour in San Cristobal, the guide told me that there was a poisonous tree that we had to be sure not to eat the apples off of and I felt a bit like I was Posted by amiopia in Amy´s Backpack | Sep 15, 2007
- Vue de la polution de Lima!Il me manquait une ou deux photos à celles de Lima. Les voici! Cela est pour démontrer comment la ville est polluée et comment l'air est mauvaise. Notons qu'il ne pleut jamais à Lima. La pollution est vraiment retenue par Posted by charlie49 in Charlie au Pérou | Sep 15, 2007
- 6. Adventures of the medical kindYou may have read below that I was unable to hike the last day of the Inca Trail due to gastro and a mysterious rib injury. Instead I caught the train the rest of the way to Aguas Calientes, the Posted by ninabred in My (first) trip of a lifetime! | Sep 11, 2007
- Thin is In!
I watched The Tyra Banks Show today and I saw this girl, her name is Merissa; addicted to cocaine, methampethamine, Xanax, Valium and marijuana because she is afraid to get fat.
"I would ra Posted by parteeboi in Crashing Confessions | Sep 9, 2007
- Once you pop, you can't stop!I have already been planning to stop, quit smoking and stop or at least minimize partee-ing.
More or less, I have spent more than P50,000.00 on drugs -- ecstacy, ketamine, etc. I could have bought clothes or gave it to my Posted by parteeboi in Crashing Confessions | Sep 2, 2007
- Hotpot and hospitalsWhile sitting eating hotpot, a local speciality in Chengdu, I started to think that it probably wasn't the best idea. Basically you have a pot of boiling spicy stuff on your table and they bring you raw meat and Posted by katiew in White Around The World | Aug 30, 2007
- My Favorite HotelI am now in the Galapagos Islands, very happy to be on my way. I am not happy, however, about a recent discovery about my favorite hotel in Malecon.
Upon finding many bites on my skin, I wondered why the Posted by amiopia in Amy´s Backpack | Aug 15, 2007
- Two weeks left...The last couple of weeks at Honda are here and it's tough to think about anything but the move and my trip now. We broke Rusty (my pickup with 200,000+ miles) out last weekend and started the move but Posted by sgoolsbey in South America '07 | Jul 31, 2007
- “BRAAAAACK” (splat!)A says: I have a notoriously weak stomach. When I was a kid, if you were to even look as if you were to about to contemplate even thinking about some form of expectoration, I’d have been in Posted by A-T-PRC in A & T in the PRC! | Jul 22, 2007
- Its Been a WhileWell since our last entry we have been to/through Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and now we are in Austria. After staying an extra day in Budapest, we went to catch our train to Novi Sad, Serbia for the EXIT festival. Little Posted by lucysarah in Lucy and Sarah's Impossible Adventure | Jul 20, 2007
- ...und schon hat mich das Fieber gepackt...Nach 4 Tagen Rio und zahlreichen Konzerten in idyllischen Gartenbars hier in der Nachbarschaft, selbsterverstaendlich stetig an einem Caipirinha nippend, wollten Ariana und ich doch einmal ein gutes Glaeschen Rotwein trinken! Also wurde eine `Jarrafa di v Posted by pepsis in Bye bye Switzerland | May 4, 2007
- Alli In Hospital in Santiago, ChileDear All,
This will be the last entry at the moment.
Alli was admitted into a hospital in Santiago on Monday 2 April 2007 following a visit Monday morning. She suspected she had a blood clot in her left again.
Her suspicions turned Posted by Jason316uk in South American Explorations | Apr 4, 2007
- Last day in valenciaAnd I feel ill. Posted by therook in to the Azores! | Mar 31, 2007
- AIDA Holistic & Health ResortIt was a great experiene that stay at the AIDA Health Resort as they maintain the real flavour of Sri Lankan Ayurvedic Philosophy which has a great history in Sri Lanka. As you enter the hotel an experienced doctor will Posted by nishantha in Hotels in Sri Lanka | Mar 26, 2007
- El MateLlegar a Argentina y no escuchar, ver o probar un mate es como no haber arrivado al Alma ... a la esencia de las costumbres de los gauchos, los hombres del campo.
El mate, la bebida que reco Posted by Macachae in en Argentina | Nov 11, 2006
- getting over travelThis time its not my travel but someone elses that I'm recovering from.India a place I have never been to and may never go to has become very intimatly know. Its deceases its infections have come home with my son.
Ameobic Posted by lastchance in goole | Sep 26, 2006
- SykdomAltså, nå er det på tide med en liten oppdatering angående min helse her nede i Vietnam. Som de fleste som kjenner meg vet, har jeg en tendens til å få skader og rare infeksjoner når noe nytt og spennende Posted by Margrethe in Margrethe Rundtomkring | Sep 18, 2006
- Chiropractic in ThailandChiropractic has been around since 1895 and is still considered a fairly modern treatment, personally i have had treatments myself and would recommend this as a useful source of Alternative Health Care.....
Thailand has a small handful of professional Posted by dannbkk in Transport in Thailand | Aug 27, 2006
- Vaccines and Disorganization Ahoy!I don't know when this all happened, but somewhere along the line, I became the most disorganized person I know.
I got my vaccine for Hepatitis A today, which I was supposed to get at least a week before I left Posted by alexifer in party of polaroid friends | Aug 20, 2006
- The small things in life.Som sagt maatte vi ut fra Magnums idag og forflytte oss til en av "byens" mindre vakre hosteller.. Vel.. naa hadde vi jo mus paa rommet, mugg paa badet, fyllelukt i vegga, rim paa nesa om natta, kalkuner i hagen Posted by idaantonet in Im off! | Aug 15, 2006
- Travel preparation: Health - Vaccinations - Part 2I visited Dr John Scally again today who jabbed me for typhoid and my second rabies shot. We also discussed the best drug for malaria prevention and settled on Chloroquin. However, he pointed out that if I end Posted by knowmad in kNOwMAD | Aug 12, 2006
- Travel preparation: Health - VaccinationsStage One vaccinations commenced on Saturday. I thought it was going to be a fifteen minute job, but Dr John Scally (also a well seasoned traveller) takes his WHO job very seriously.
I had a one hour consultation Posted by knowmad in kNOwMAD | Aug 9, 2006
- One Big Blur...Oh my god... I don't really even know what happened yesterday. We left the coffee shop of my last entry and we headed into town, checked out about bjillion coffee shops and the red light district. Being 80% Posted by Murorga in The Inner Motives vs. Europe | Aug 6, 2006
- Bloomin' Nora! How many???OK, So we went for our jabs on Wednesday just gone. At the stupid hour of 8:50am.
I had to 4 different types of vaccinations.
(Helen only had to have 2)
We both still need to have Hepatitus B and Rabies Posted by hedwin in Nick and Helens World Tour | Jul 14, 2006
- Jab Time!!Not Good, Not Good
Ok, so we have to go for our vaccinations next week. Less then a week actually. We are going to play with the needles on Wednesday 12th Sept.
I've been thinking about this, and am i Posted by hedwin in Nick and Helens World Tour | Jul 7, 2006