Blog Entries tagged 'hiking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'hiking'
- Sky MeadowsToday we did a 2 hr hike as our first one getting us ready for Africa. It was hot and hopefully we'll get better at it. We got to the top of one of the hills and got Posted by jking2244 in Sky Meadows State Park | Jun 22, 2016
- CUZCO & THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU!Ryan and I flew to Cuzco to meet with our friends Meera, Nikita and Nira who had just arrived from London that day. It was nice to hang out with them as we got to explore this beautiful city. It Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 17, 2016
- The Hike BeginsThe boys had been busy working until driving up, so hadn’t packed up their backpacks. They hoped to pack in the early morning then get on the trail. Our granddaughter and I were to drive vehicles over to the other Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 15, 2016
- Chapter 4: Canada (Part 2) & the USASince my last post, I've been overwhelmed by the concern regarding the welfare and whereabouts of my jacket. Oddly enough it overtook me and made it to Halifax before I did, courtesy of Fréderique, the Dutch tenant of my Couchsurfing Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jun 13, 2016
- Seoul, South KoreaAfter hectic, smelly, and crowded Bangkok, the orderliness of Seoul was just what I needed to transition back to western life. Living in Bangkok has been amazing but it has shown me how much I can appreciate good public transportation, Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jun 6, 2016
- Day 5After the long day we got through yesterday, we were feeling very excited about our rest day today. The purpose of this day is not the gain any altitude overall, but instead, we climb a little higher and then come Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 4Day 4 begins with a 7.30am start.
We wake up to a lovely breakfast of apple and cinnamon porridge, get all our gear together and set off for Namche Bazaar - this village is a main thoroughfare for all trekkers Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- day 3Day 3
The big day! We are finally heading to the Himalayas, after months and months of planning. I wish I could say I am looking forward to it, but my mind focuses on the flight to Lukla which we Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 2Day 2
After being asked to attend an orientation talk by outfitters Nepal tour company in the morning at 8.30am, we arrived in the lobby of our hotel to meet another Raj, who seemed to be a senior person in Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day one!Day 1!
We’ve left our lovely home in Northern Ireland and ventured towards the unknown – in every sense of the word. We’ve no idea what this trip will be like – what will Kathmandu be like, will the trek be Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Trans Siberian: Part 1
It was the best of times Posted by Globesmacked in Globesmacked | May 23, 2016
- COLONIAL AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONI arrived in Arequipa by bus with Vilma, a Finnish girl I had met in my hostel in Puno, and got there in about 5h. A Peruvian man came in and started preaching the importance of eating well and leading Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 22, 2016
- Another Hike in Joshua TreeSunrise wasn’t so nice this morning, there were high clouds and not much color.
We thought we’d take another hike, not a real long one but maybe a little longer than the one yest Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 16, 2016
- A Short Hike in Joshua TreeBefore leaving home we’d decided that we would bring a good bottle of Champagne along for a celebration. We didn’t have anything in particular to celebrate but thought that we’d just celebrate us because we could and we are old Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 15, 2016
- Malaysia: Cameron HighlandsWe kissed goodbye to our futuristic prison pods and got on a coach heading to Cameron Highlands. For the first time we had to jam our own bags into the luggage hold which, incidentally, we were crap at. We spotted Posted by advensha in Advensha | May 12, 2016
- Itali(u), I Don't Want to LeaveThis blog entry comes two weeks late, I'll admit. My two day trip (yes that short) to Italy to see the Cinque Terra and Venice was as last minute a trip as is possible. I had booked 3 flights (no Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 10, 2016
One of the ways the Thais celebrate their New Years is with a three day-long water fight. I went to Chiang Mai, in the north of Thailand to experience it, and it was absolutely crazy! Everyone Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Apr 18, 2016
- Hiking di Batad sawah, FilipinaSaya telah pernah berkata kepada teman perjalanan saya perempuan: "Mari kita menemukan cara hidup masyarakat adat kami dan memiliki akhir pekan yang enak di gunung". Tidak pernah kami berharap bahwa sebagian besar wisatawan akan Batad adalah Eropa! A bena Posted by hafizwae in Apa aja dech | Apr 2, 2016
- Toruko RiceToruko rice is a famous dish in Nagasaki. The dish consists of Tonkatsu (deep fried pork cutlet), curry pilaf and spaghetti. The word Toruko means Turkey in Japan and rice means rice so it basically means Turkish rice. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- Jako-Katsu and JakotenJakoten is the soul food of all soul food in Ehime Prefecture. No matter where you go in Ehime, Uwajima or Imabari, you will definitely find a place that sells Jakoten. So what is Jakoten? Well Jakoten Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- TRES CHICAS EN PATAGONIA!After BA it was now time to hop on a plane and head South... much more convenient as the bus would have taken ages! When we arrived in El Calafate we were welcomed by a chilly wind and a beautiful Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 14, 2016
- Muroran's Curry RamenSo, I've dropped by Muroran, a city just 3 or so hours away from Sapporo by Limited Express train. However I was headed to Kushiro from Hakodate and thought it was a good idea to drop by Muroran just Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 14, 2016
- Colle ValneraOpened up my eyes and saw a clear blue sky outside the window. Last hiking day and the weather would show its best with temperature up to +25°C. Hurried up to check in on the flight back to Stockholm-Arlanda to Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 28, 2015
- Monte CroceWoke up in time for breakfast at 7.30am and yet another day with sun had been promised, at least down here in Champoluc, in Ayas Valley. It looked less promising at high altitude and that mountain peak we would climb Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 27, 2015
- Lago PerrinWoke up yet again to a clear morning and just in time for breakfast at 7.30am the sunshine managed to conquer the alpine peaks and illuminate Ayas Valley. I was supposed to go to Aosta today and spend the day Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 26, 2015