Blog Entries tagged 'hiking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'hiking'
- Today's the day
So today's the day we leave for the adventure of a lifetime. This is going to be the most challenging and hopefully, rewarding trip we've ever done. I was going to say, the most r Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Oct 1, 2015
- Good luck charms and angelsBack in March, we lost a very important member of our family - my Gran. She was a loving, warm, caring, funny person and she is sorely missed by us all.
Deryl and I decided we wanted to mark my Gran's Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Sep 25, 2015
- Ika-somenIka-somen is a dish that is most famous in Hakodate, Hokkaido. The word somen is referred to a common type of noodles in Japanese cuisine made of wheat flour and Ika means squid. So if transliterated correctly Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 20, 2015
- Soup CurryMostly known as the Snow Country, Hokkaido is best known for its lavender field, Ski Resorts and seafood. Since Hokkaido has long winters and short summers, people in Hokkaido need to find different ways to keep themselves warm. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 14, 2015
- Driving Down the 395Another long day of driving, we wanted to make it to Bishop in order to backpack on Tues. Alas, it was not to be. Best to just take the journey in stride.
On Monday, we had a tire blowout on the Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Sep 13, 2015
- We are going!!!!So, it's been over 4 months since a massive earthquake devastated Nepal and Everest Base Camp. We've spent that time getting a new puppy (who is as big a challenge as Everest we think!) and trying to get travel Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Sep 1, 2015
- Our Journey to The Lost City
To be honest we were pretty scared when we set off with our little daypacks for our five-day Lost City trek. We had heard how gruelling it was and we hadn’t trained at all before we head Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Aug 30, 2015
- Getting cross with IcelandFour cars, two buses and one drunk guy in a banana costume later we arrived in Skogar, our start point for what we had been told by locals, park ranger and friends would probably be the last walk we ever Posted by Venturediaries in How not to cross Iceland | Jul 22, 2015
- Running Around Glacier National ParkOur night started out with a bang, lots of banging. It was about 11:30pm, I was posting photos of our trip on Facebook. It 1st sounded like someone was trying to break into the RV then a banging on Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 21, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- A Little HikingSunday was our last day in Oregon and we spent the morning at Multnomah Falls, a place that Clayton and Jen have been to before.
The park has a paved trail to the top of the falls, however, much Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jul 6, 2015
- How to do Tasmania in three days - with pictures and videoTasmania is a beautiful island so easily missed out while backpacking in Australia - but if you ignore it, you're missing a real treat.
Like anywhere when I'm travelling, I Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Jul 6, 2015
- Land of Fire & Ice (Days 1-8)==Day 1 June 23, 2015== ===TUESDAY===
I have discovered time travel. Many have tried to find it's secrets. Some claim blue police boxes or early 80s automobiles, but the formula is simple.
1 travel shot of Posted by Dynosoarus in WorldRampage | Jul 5, 2015
- Allstones Adventures"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." - John Muir
Cadon, Rory, Spencer, Colin and I began our adventure Saturday morning at 6:30am on Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 29, 2015
- Greetings!Hello friends, and welcome to my blog! Here I will be documenting my travels in the upcoming year through pictures, videos and stories. Please feel free to drop a comment on any of the posts, let me know what you Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jun 2, 2015
- Quick little camping weekend
For my first entry, I'll just start with this past weekend's mini trip. I've been camping tons of times, but I'm going ca Posted by LadySpankington in Where my feet take me | May 19, 2015
- Inca Trail | Day 2 | “The Challenge”Maximum Altitude: 4,200 m/13,776 ft
Minimum Altitude: 3,000 m/9,840 ft
Distance Travelled: Approx. 16 km
Approximate Walking Time: 7-8 hours / Ascent up: 900 m
[i]Start Posted by always_explore in Never lost, always exploring | Nov 21, 2012
- Inca Trail | Day 1 | “Acclimatizing”Maximum Altitude: 3,300 m/10,824 ft
Minimum Altitude: 2,680 m/8,790 ft
Distance Travelled: Approx. 12 km
Approximate Walking Time: 6-7 hours / Ascent up: 620 m
[i]Starting in Cusc Posted by always_explore in Never lost, always exploring | Nov 20, 2012
- Not your average cityHong Kong is not just a densely packed metropolis, but rather a series of large islands. At the outer limits, within a half hour metro ride, Hong Kong offers some of the best trekking (and mountain biking) opportunities.
[img=http://www.boyang.photogra Posted by btang in Being a Kid Again | May 16, 2015
- Update Namaste!
Just want to update this page. From our last post, we've been frantically trying to get flights refunded, get in touch with our tour operator out in Nepal and trying to figure out if we should cancel our trip completely Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 11, 2015
- Sequoia and Yosemite==Week 5-7==
Miles traveled: 3713
National/State Parks Visited: 9
Miles hiked in Yosemite: 57===
Week 5 started off in Sequoia National Park which was as excellent as expected. After leaving Big Sur, CA we drove into Fresno to visit ye Posted by RnCtravel in Adventures of Rachael and Chris | May 7, 2015
- Packing listThere are only 8 days until Deryl and I journey off into what we hope will be the trip of a lifetime! This is definitely the most unusual and unnerving trip we've ever done. We don't know what to expect, Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Apr 20, 2015
- Fun facts about our trip!Top 10 fun facts about our trip!
1. Did you know that Everest isn’t actually the tallest mountain on the earth – that’s right! Although it is the highest point on Earth from sea level, Mauna Kea, an inactive Hawaiian volcano, holds Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Mar 20, 2015
- Holy Moly! We're off to Everest!
So.....yip, we're definitely going, we're going to Everest, we're going to climb up Everest.....actual Everest....well a part of it anyway, 17,500 ft to be exact. I don't think I'd actually got my head around that until today.
If you Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | Mar 10, 2015
- Walking across the sands
We arrived at around 9pm and after a moment of thinking we'd been forgotten and fending off about 5 touts trying to get business for their own companies we were met by our guy and headed t Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Mar 6, 2015