Blog Entries tagged 'hiking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'hiking'
- Day 1: Over the Pyrenees Pass[center][/center]
Awoke to the sounds of quiet, peaceful music and the rustling of other pilgrims. Was it anxiety or excitement in the air? I trod quietly to the bathro Posted by Shantitraveler in Camino de Santiago | Sep 24, 2016
- A Surprising Land of Waterfalls and Natural Wonders[float=right][/float]Mostly know for Ebola, civil war and corruption, Guinea have shown a very differen Posted by askgudmundsen in West Africa Road Blog | Aug 25, 2016
- Chicken NanbanChicken Nanban is a dish where you can find mostly all over Japan. However this dish was first originated from Miyazaki prefecture in Kyushu. Miyazaki prefecture is known for their poultry so their chicken is especially tender and Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 22, 2016
- Yaki CurryYaki Curry or bAked curry in English is a specialty dish in Kitakyushu city, especially the Mojiko region (Fukuoka prefecture). In Chinese culture, we have a lot of baked rice dishes and curry is one of them but however Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 17, 2016
- KaramenBefore I talk about Karamen, can you take the heat? Are you a spicy food lover like me? If you are then this is a great dish for you! If you're not, they have a level system Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 13, 2016
- La Vide Del PuebloWe have arrived in Casabermeja. Where is Casabermeja and why go there you ask?
Well, the specification was: find a small traditional village in the South of Spain, away from tourists Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 13, 2016
- LAST STOP: FROM THE COFFEE REGION TO THE COLOMBIAN CAPITALSALENTO
After our time in Cali, Zoya and I caught a bus to Pereira and changed to get to Salento, in the Zona Cafetera (the coffee region), a sleepy little town with pretty colourful houses. Did you know that Colombia is Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Aug 11, 2016
- Tokushima RamenI have come back to bring you guys another blog post about ramen. Today I will be talking about a special type of ramen called the "Tokushima ramen". As some of you might have already known, Tokushima is Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 8, 2016
- Denali, Another Day in ParadiseI had decided that we’d take one more bus ride to Eielson so that kids could get their Jr. Ranger badge, we could hike a little and we could look at the exhibits. Also, we could maybe see more wildlife.[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/204290/IMG_201 Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Aug 7, 2016
- Chapter 7: Peru to BoliviaBeing me is quite fun right now, and I have no desire to die. Yet I decided to spend most of my first week in Bolivia risking my life. First by cycling down the North Yungas Road, aka Death Road, Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jul 26, 2016
- Rocky Mountain National Park / Roosevelt National ForestI wake up in my hostel room and the guy across the bed from me asks if I want to go exploring with him towards Fort Collins. I immediately and enthusiastically reply yes.
It's a hot day in early June. Posted by starsbyday in Stars by Day | Jul 22, 2016
- Devils Head Fire TowerAbout 15 miles SW of Castle Rock, after a long road winding through campsites and mountain ridges, we arrive at 4 PM to a parking lot with just one other car. It's an overbearingly hot day in late June. The Posted by starsbyday in Stars by Day | Jul 22, 2016
- Desperately Seeking NonnaIn the 1850s my great, great grandfather decided that the rolling green orchards and vineyards of the valley near Sondrio, with the Swiss alps towering above was no longer the place he wanted or needed to call home. He packed Posted by The Tipsy Gipsy in The Tipsy Gipsy | Jul 5, 2016
- Sky MeadowsToday we did a 2 hr hike as our first one getting us ready for Africa. It was hot and hopefully we'll get better at it. We got to the top of one of the hills and got Posted by jking2244 in Sky Meadows State Park | Jun 22, 2016
- CUZCO & THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU!Ryan and I flew to Cuzco to meet with our friends Meera, Nikita and Nira who had just arrived from London that day. It was nice to hang out with them as we got to explore this beautiful city. It Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jun 17, 2016
- The Hike BeginsThe boys had been busy working until driving up, so hadn’t packed up their backpacks. They hoped to pack in the early morning then get on the trail. Our granddaughter and I were to drive vehicles over to the other Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | Jun 15, 2016
- Chapter 4: Canada (Part 2) & the USASince my last post, I've been overwhelmed by the concern regarding the welfare and whereabouts of my jacket. Oddly enough it overtook me and made it to Halifax before I did, courtesy of Fréderique, the Dutch tenant of my Couchsurfing Posted by Daniel.J.B in Another travel blog | Jun 13, 2016
- Seoul, South KoreaAfter hectic, smelly, and crowded Bangkok, the orderliness of Seoul was just what I needed to transition back to western life. Living in Bangkok has been amazing but it has shown me how much I can appreciate good public transportation, Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Jun 6, 2016
- Day 5After the long day we got through yesterday, we were feeling very excited about our rest day today. The purpose of this day is not the gain any altitude overall, but instead, we climb a little higher and then come Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 4Day 4 begins with a 7.30am start.
We wake up to a lovely breakfast of apple and cinnamon porridge, get all our gear together and set off for Namche Bazaar - this village is a main thoroughfare for all trekkers Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- day 3Day 3
The big day! We are finally heading to the Himalayas, after months and months of planning. I wish I could say I am looking forward to it, but my mind focuses on the flight to Lukla which we Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 2Day 2
After being asked to attend an orientation talk by outfitters Nepal tour company in the morning at 8.30am, we arrived in the lobby of our hotel to meet another Raj, who seemed to be a senior person in Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day one!Day 1!
We’ve left our lovely home in Northern Ireland and ventured towards the unknown – in every sense of the word. We’ve no idea what this trip will be like – what will Kathmandu be like, will the trek be Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Trans Siberian: Part 1
It was the best of times Posted by Globesmacked in Globesmacked | May 23, 2016
- COLONIAL AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONI arrived in Arequipa by bus with Vilma, a Finnish girl I had met in my hostel in Puno, and got there in about 5h. A Peruvian man came in and started preaching the importance of eating well and leading Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 22, 2016