Blog Entries tagged 'hiking'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'hiking'
- Day 5After the long day we got through yesterday, we were feeling very excited about our rest day today. The purpose of this day is not the gain any altitude overall, but instead, we climb a little higher and then come Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 4Day 4 begins with a 7.30am start.
We wake up to a lovely breakfast of apple and cinnamon porridge, get all our gear together and set off for Namche Bazaar - this village is a main thoroughfare for all trekkers Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- day 3Day 3
The big day! We are finally heading to the Himalayas, after months and months of planning. I wish I could say I am looking forward to it, but my mind focuses on the flight to Lukla which we Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day 2Day 2
After being asked to attend an orientation talk by outfitters Nepal tour company in the morning at 8.30am, we arrived in the lobby of our hotel to meet another Raj, who seemed to be a senior person in Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- Day one!Day 1!
We’ve left our lovely home in Northern Ireland and ventured towards the unknown – in every sense of the word. We’ve no idea what this trip will be like – what will Kathmandu be like, will the trek be Posted by DerylandJo in Deryl and Jo do Everest | May 24, 2016
- The Hitchhikers Guide To The Trans Siberian: Part 1
It was the best of times Posted by Globesmacked in Globesmacked | May 23, 2016
- COLONIAL AREQUIPA & COLCA CANYONI arrived in Arequipa by bus with Vilma, a Finnish girl I had met in my hostel in Puno, and got there in about 5h. A Peruvian man came in and started preaching the importance of eating well and leading Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 22, 2016
- Another Hike in Joshua TreeSunrise wasn’t so nice this morning, there were high clouds and not much color.
We thought we’d take another hike, not a real long one but maybe a little longer than the one yest Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 16, 2016
- A Short Hike in Joshua TreeBefore leaving home we’d decided that we would bring a good bottle of Champagne along for a celebration. We didn’t have anything in particular to celebrate but thought that we’d just celebrate us because we could and we are old Posted by Miss Chris in Grandma on The Go | May 15, 2016
- Malaysia: Cameron HighlandsWe kissed goodbye to our futuristic prison pods and got on a coach heading to Cameron Highlands. For the first time we had to jam our own bags into the luggage hold which, incidentally, we were crap at. We spotted Posted by advensha in Advensha | May 12, 2016
- Itali(u), I Don't Want to LeaveThis blog entry comes two weeks late, I'll admit. My two day trip (yes that short) to Italy to see the Cinque Terra and Venice was as last minute a trip as is possible. I had booked 3 flights (no Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | May 10, 2016
One of the ways the Thais celebrate their New Years is with a three day-long water fight. I went to Chiang Mai, in the north of Thailand to experience it, and it was absolutely crazy! Everyone Posted by juliaaugh in Thailand 2016 | Apr 18, 2016
- Hiking di Batad sawah, FilipinaSaya telah pernah berkata kepada teman perjalanan saya perempuan: "Mari kita menemukan cara hidup masyarakat adat kami dan memiliki akhir pekan yang enak di gunung". Tidak pernah kami berharap bahwa sebagian besar wisatawan akan Batad adalah Eropa! A bena Posted by hafizwae in Apa aja dech | Apr 2, 2016
- Toruko RiceToruko rice is a famous dish in Nagasaki. The dish consists of Tonkatsu (deep fried pork cutlet), curry pilaf and spaghetti. The word Toruko means Turkey in Japan and rice means rice so it basically means Turkish rice. Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- Jako-Katsu and JakotenJakoten is the soul food of all soul food in Ehime Prefecture. No matter where you go in Ehime, Uwajima or Imabari, you will definitely find a place that sells Jakoten. So what is Jakoten? Well Jakoten Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Mar 30, 2016
- TRES CHICAS EN PATAGONIA!After BA it was now time to hop on a plane and head South... much more convenient as the bus would have taken ages! When we arrived in El Calafate we were welcomed by a chilly wind and a beautiful Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Mar 14, 2016
- Muroran's Curry RamenSo, I've dropped by Muroran, a city just 3 or so hours away from Sapporo by Limited Express train. However I was headed to Kushiro from Hakodate and thought it was a good idea to drop by Muroran just Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Feb 14, 2016
- Colle ValneraOpened up my eyes and saw a clear blue sky outside the window. Last hiking day and the weather would show its best with temperature up to +25°C. Hurried up to check in on the flight back to Stockholm-Arlanda to Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 28, 2015
- Monte CroceWoke up in time for breakfast at 7.30am and yet another day with sun had been promised, at least down here in Champoluc, in Ayas Valley. It looked less promising at high altitude and that mountain peak we would climb Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 27, 2015
- Lago PerrinWoke up yet again to a clear morning and just in time for breakfast at 7.30am the sunshine managed to conquer the alpine peaks and illuminate Ayas Valley. I was supposed to go to Aosta today and spend the day Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 26, 2015
- Lago BluIt was forecasted to be great weather today and as promised I woke up to a clear blue sky, even though the sun hadn’t made it over the mountain peaks yet. But in time for breakfast at 7.30am the first Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 25, 2015
- La MandriaWoke up to yet another cloudy and chilly morning at Hotel Relais des Glaciers in Champoluc. The clouds were really heavy and lay like a cap over the Ayas Valley this morning. Breakfast was served at 7.30am and the morning Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 24, 2015
- Ru CourtodWoke up after a night in a way to soft, worn down and uncomfortable bed (for my back) – ow, ow, ow. But my back straightened out soon after I got out of bed. Drew away the window curtains and Posted by bejjan in Hiking the Dolomites | Aug 23, 2015
- When everyone else went to Venice...Breakfast a little later since we had planned a shorter hike today. Only a few people stayed here with us in Bad Gastein since the majority probably went on the day-trip to Venice.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/799557/3_Kaiser_W..m_Pr Posted by bejjan in Back in Bad Gastein | May 14, 2014
- Bad Hofgastein instead...Up early to catch some breakfast before the day-trip to Grossglockner. But the rumor said that it could get cancelled due to bad weather conditions, why we checked the information board before breakfast. Since we couldn’t see any cancellation note Posted by bejjan in Back in Bad Gastein | May 13, 2014