Blog Entries tagged 'hotels'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'hotels'
Tired of high hotel prices elsewhere? Travellerspoint users have been booking budget hotels here since 2002!
- Turkey - HotelsFollowing are all of the hotels that we stayed at while in Turkey, with the exception of the hotel where we stayed the first night (which we don't recommend and shall remain nameless). I tried to remember to take photos Posted by BeachGlass in Bulging Bags | Nov 18, 2013
- San Jose, Costa Rica Airport to HotelOriginally this was a trip where my husband and I were going to take our 15-year-old niece to Costa Rica to celebrate her “sweet 15.” But since we haven’t learned to organize flying together, we only bought two tickets and Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Aug 19, 2013
- Where We Stayed: Agriturismo Guardastelle, San GimignanoThe Agriturismo Guardastelle is located about a mile outside the walled center of San Gimignano. It is a working farm that produces wine and olive oil and also has a B&B and a few apartments on the premises. The property Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jul 5, 2013
- Searching for Elk in the RockiesStaunton State Park is situated 8,100-10,000 feet (2,470-3,050 metres) up the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains about 40 miles (64 kilometres) south west of Denver. The park was brand new, having literally opened to the public for the firs Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 19, 2013
- Cliff Dwellings and the Garden of the GodsJust over an hour's drive south of Denver is Colorado Springs, Colorado's second largest city and the gateway to The Pikes Peak Region. On the way we passed Castle Rock, a prominent castle tower shaped butte above the I25 Freeway. Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 18, 2013
- Denver and the 'Colorado Rockies'A visit to the US Mint was actually on my bucket list having been unable to have a look around it last time I was in Denver. Sadly I was to be disappointed as it turned out we needed to Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 16, 2013
- The RMS Queen MaryAlthough I have been to Los Angeles three times previously visiting family I have never been to Long Beach and was keen to see the retired 1936 art deco ocean liner RMS Queen Mary that is permanently docked there. Alongside Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 9, 2013
- San Clemente and a weekend away in MexicoSan Clemente describes itself as a "Spanish Village by the Sea" and is located on California's Pacific Coast about half way between Los Angeles and San Diego. It was founded by a former Mayor of Seattle, Ole Hanson, who envisaged Posted by FrancisRTW in My Career Break Trip around the World | May 4, 2013
- Where We Stayed: Grand Hotel Trento[left][/left]
The Grand Hotel Trento is in a convenient location. A short walk through the park that is across the street gets you to the train station. You can reach the Duomo in 5-10 minutes Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 18, 2013
- Where We Stayed: Hampton Inn BWIMy last hotel review from my Thanksgiving trip is below, finally!
We first stayed at this hotel back in 2009 during DC's big blizzard (I hope to tell that story in another post). Our experience there was positive--well, as much Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | May 7, 2013
- Holiday Inn Philadelphia MidtownWe stayed at this hotel for two nights while I attended a conference on the front end of my family's Thanksgiving vacation. It's 5 city blocks from the convention center and the Reading Terminal Market.
In all, we were pleased with Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Feb 9, 2013
- Where We Stayed: Grand Palladium Riviera Maya (White Sands)The Grand Palladium Riviera Maya is between Playa del Carmen and Tulum, about an hour south of the Cancún airport. The architects had an eco-friendly mindset, as they tried to build around the mangroves and other aspects of the environment. Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jan 27, 2013
- SPLURGE- Las Olas y La Cúpula, Copacabana, Bolivia
Our budget for this trip was $15 per person per day. But after spending 4 freezing cold days in Uyuni and having Carlos get a bad chest cold in La Paz, we wanted to find a place that wa Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Jun 18, 2012
- Where We Stayed: Wetmore/Munising, MIWe chose the AmericInn in Wetmore (outside of Munising) for its pool and location near the cabin where my sister-in-law was staying. The pool area is great for kids and families. There is a large waterslide for older kids, which Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Aug 30, 2012
- Test Blog PostHere is your daily travel information update for tomorrow, Wednesday 8 August.
Basketball finals start at the North Greenwich Arena and the Jubilee line will be busy late into the evening, with North Greenwich Tube station particularly affected.
L Posted by vickyjeanette in Our Test Blog | Aug 8, 2012
- Haiti and the Voodoo Magic of Hotel OloffsonBest hotel in Port-au-Prince: Hotel Karibe ****/*
Most interesting historic hotel in Port-au-Prince: Hotel Oloffson ***/*
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/327999/07112011678.jpg caption=Easy access to Haiti for example on American Airline Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Nov 5, 2011
- Where We Stayed: Marquette, MIThe Comfort Suites Marquette is a couple of miles away from downtown on US 41, one of the main thoroughfares in Marquette. Even though this was not one of the hotels where my sister-in-law had reserved a block of rooms Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jul 29, 2012
- Where We Stayed: Petoskey, MI The Apple Tree Inn is located on a road that runs along Little Traverse Bay. The hotel boasts that every room has a bay view. In our room, this was technically true, but the bay view was pretty limited.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/392903/DSC Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jul 25, 2012
- Road Trip HotelsWe only stayed one night at each hotel, so these reviews will be briefer than usual. Every place we stayed at had several things in common: they allowed dogs, had pools, and offered complimentary breakfast and free wireless internet. All Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Jun 13, 2012
- Pachmarhi - Luxuriant gem of Madhya PradeshIndia being a tropical region the temperature becomes very humid during summer. So, Indians have a tendency of visiting hill stations for enjoying their summer vacation. They even take breaks from their busy schedules and visit different hill stations to Posted by jessysmith in Pachmarhi - Luxuriant gem of Madhya Prad | May 23, 2012
- Chapter sixty one - KutaDay 227: Kuta, Bali, Indonesia 13/05/2012
Up at 7am with heavy hearts - we don't want to leave the Gilis! Bloody visas. After a quick breakfast we were on the beach waiting for the shuttle boat across to Lombok for the Posted by tevs in Unbelievable trekkers | May 20, 2012
- The Great Wall of ChinaOne of the impetuses for our trip - and certainly the reason we added China to our itinerary was to see The Great Wall. Our friend Gwen who lives in Hong Kong made the trip and her recounting of it Posted by TooMuchLuggage in Around the World in 172 Days | Apr 20, 2012
- Where We Stayed: State CollegeWe stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn during our trip to find housing and a preschool in State College. It's about a mile away from the Penn State campus and downtown State College, so although it's fairly convenient to these Posted by amikulski in Toddler Travels | Apr 2, 2012
- NRT - "Not Ritz Type" (in German)... von Prinz Asfa-Wossen Asserate in "Menschen in Hotels", Thomas Niederberghaus, Eichhorn Verlag 2006, S. 15 & 16:
"Wer nachmittags im Ritz [Madrid] eintrifft, mag mit etwas Glück in der Halle elegante Leute beim Tee erleben, kleine Teegesel Posted by LuxuryRogue in Luxury Rogue | Oct 1, 2009
- Delhi Deluxe Hotels, Offers Peerless Services & Bonhomie’s GNew Delhi is the luminous capital of India that have been festooned with ecumenical petition and a common place where most of the traveler unload. A style spot in Indian Tourism, New Delhi is seeing a new chronicle of lodging Posted by lalit549 in Delhi Deluxe Hotels Reservation | Dec 13, 2011