- My Adventures in JapanWell so far we have gone to three departments stores as we are surrounded by stores here at the Tachikawa Palace hotel. Each store has their own variety of merchandise. But they all have one thing in common, one does Posted by Tina in Japan in My Adventures in Japan | Aug 21, 2013
- Oaxacan Temazcal Recreates Pre-Hispanic TraditionBefore the arrival of the Spanish, the temazcal was a village sacrament for the indigenous people of Mexico. It involved cleansing body and mind with curative plants, heat and vapor. But it was the ritualistic aspect of the activity, Posted by titosarah in Attractions in and around Oaxaca, Mexico | Aug 7, 2013
- Persephone and the Bus to MalaysiaIt’s a different experience being male. I’m told this in different ways. When in Asia in the company of my husband, I get used to being ignored. At a recommended Indian restaurant in Singapore, I am not even glanced Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Aug 3, 2013
- The chic in Santiago and beyondThanks to our extraordinary friends, Marcela and Sergio, we saw the best of the city. There knowledge is profound as to the history, culture, and politics of their country. Add to this that Marcela is an excellent cook Posted by Dayts in Goin' Round | May 27, 2013
- Vive le France!Jack arrived late last night after travelling from Holland to Paris by bus. It is so lovely to see him after 4 months of him being abroad and now we can enjoy the fabulous city of Paris together. After a Posted by A M Chaffey in Chaffey's Euro Tour | May 19, 2013
- Exploring Bonn and gearing up for Berlin!As I was cooking up my omelette this morning, Bernd worried about my cholesterol but I assured him that it was off the charts low. Little does he know that these 3-egg omelettes are dwarfed by the 5- and Posted by atbrady in Boundless Adventures | May 18, 2013
- The final 10 day countdown has begunSo I'm sitting here Wednesday 17th April a week to go until I catch the train down to London to stay with Paula for 2 nights before we leave for Bangkok on Friday 26th April 2013 at 14:05pm not that Posted by bexy_66 in We are all small fish in a very big pond | Apr 17, 2013
- Grocery shoppingAfter a busy week at work the weekend finally arrived and we decided to first do grocery shopping. The apt building runs a shuttle to a big supermarket called Metro. They take us and then wait and hour. Wanted to Posted by mboggs in April in Hanoi | Apr 13, 2013
- Shopping, crazy taxi rides and Phnom Penh
Leaving Siem Reap in our friendly taxi driver was one for Speed the Movie. He drove like there was no tomorrow. At a point, Steph and I almost locked our jaw in mild-scream when h Posted by LaguardiaC in Travel Twists | Feb 14, 2013
- hey everybody I used the car for travel in chile Peru Bolivia and Argentina
I traveled for six months
The car is in good shape I'll be in Santiago
In the 13/2/13
Thanks.. Posted by edih in sale a 4×4 car in santiago | Feb 11, 2013
- Taking a Cheap Holiday in DarwinMel and I were randomly chatting over a cuppa two evenings ago as we often do and talk about the most absurd things and indulge in the girliest gossip, when suddenly joking about taking a weekend getaway became serious. We Posted by sonia.itchyfeet in Sonia's Itchy Feet | Feb 4, 2013
- Island Life and Pretend HolidaysWhat is it about island life that draws us all so much? Also the thought of tropical rainforests and tribesmen and untouched Africa and rustic settings etc... All the remote places with such different communities always attract us.
Beaches most Posted by sonia.itchyfeet in Sonia's Itchy Feet | Jan 30, 2013
- Bonn - CologneThe best part about travelling for me is to board the place and let go of whatever is bothering me in my life. I mentally prepare myself to experience new miracles that come from visiting somewhere new. Looking out Posted by Love birds in Love Birds on the Road | Jan 14, 2013
- day 1: arrival at iceland
we arrived at keflavik on the 29 october – a calm and pretty day in iceland.
keflavik airport is iceland’s main international airport that houses the country’s main carrier, iceland a Posted by icecoldland in Ice Cold Land | Jan 2, 2013
- La Catedral, Restaurant and Bar
The search for the perfect enchiladas is an ongoing sport in our household. Although I have finally perfected my green salsa recipe, we are always looking for a restauran Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Jan 1, 2013
- Sta NevicandoAll week the children have been hoping that it would snow. So you can imagine their excitement when I stepped out of the apartment for a night-out on Friday evening to find that the snow was falling. Calling Posted by happellfamily12 in La vita in quattro valigie | Dec 9, 2012
- Bargaining While Shopping in Oaxaca & Throughout MexicoChange has been in the air for years, if not decades. It’s now a well-established fact that hard bargaining while shopping in Mexico, especially in the poorer southern states such as Oaxaca, is neither the norm nor should it be Posted by titosarah in Helpful Information for Mexico Travelers | Nov 29, 2012
- QUEEN CROWNED ON TOP OF A TREE
Queen Elizabeth II of England visited Kenya in 1952 as a happily married Princess to Prince Philip of Edinburg which led to their visit to the Treetops hotel in Nyeri inside the Abardares National Park. This hotel was build on Posted by silver dove in Traveling In Kenya | Nov 29, 2012
- Sake to me! Sake to me! Sake to me!For our penultimate day in Japan, we took a trip to Ueno to visit the Ameyayokocho Market. And, for the very last time, Ashton got to wear her travelling outfit, a close replica of the Canadian Olympics 2012 team uniform- Posted by Ashton and Emma in Its all about Japan | Nov 1, 2012
- The Life of a Chinese Hair stylistI've been here almost two months and not a day goes by that something else don't discover something new. Its a great way to fight off boredom. A lot of things appear really strange to me. Sometimes its the well Posted by BHammer301 in Play now, work later | Oct 25, 2012
- Just things we've seen, smelt and doneWe might still be in the back of beyond in Akola but there is free wifi and while I am sitting here not doing much (killing time while waiting to move on) I thought I would write a little blurb Posted by thorogoodsindia in fionasindiablog | Oct 18, 2012
- When Traveling, Supermarkets and Cinemas Are Must-Gos!I have pretty odd requests when I travel.
"Can we go to the supermarket?"
"Can we watch a movie while we're there?"
I get pretty excited about visiting the local supermarket whether I'm in Europe or Asia or anywhere in the world. Posted by natashahaqim in Tasha's Trips & Travels | Sep 23, 2012
- Germany Today has been very pleasant so far, despite the outside influences. Supermarket confusions and rude check out assistants were to be the start of our day. We woke at the early hour of 8:30am. I think this was largely down Posted by Jarmitage in The debut tour | Sep 8, 2012
- The BeginningI must admit, it has taken me far too long to sit myself down and begin writing this blog. I have been teaching in China for ten months and traveling for another two. However, I have done my best to Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Sep 5, 2012
- Kyoto – How to Use Public Transport for Your SightseeingBus
Did you know that you should get on the buses in Kyoto at the back, and get off at the front?! And that you pay when you get off the bus, not when you get on?
Getting around Kyoto is surprisingly Posted by ReadyClickAndGo in ReadyClickAndGo's Blog | Aug 26, 2012