Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Fitzroy Island 2016If you go to Cairns, you need to see the great barrier reef. You have a couple of options for that from the most hard core (night scuba diving) to easy snorkelling. However if you're not a big fan Posted by southwego in South We Go | Sep 25, 2016
- ‘TIS A LITTLE BREEZY AT THE TOP
After two years of talking about it and trying to find the “right” day, I finally made it to Fogo Island with the help of my good friend Pat. Time was getting short with my move to Ottaw Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Sep 14, 2016
- Islands and Ferries in the Pacific NorthwestWe had made it all the way to Ellensburg an hour east of Seattle and Sam and I had to do some decision making: what would we like to see and do in the next couple of days and in Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 3, 2016
- Malapascua Island, Cebu lovin'People often ask why I'm so into long journeys and tedious rides when I travel. Well besides the adrenaline rush I get by being on the road and the excitement it brings to my core while imagining what's in store Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- 6 Months Blog Update 3The next stop was Caserte for the day and then during the next couple of days, we took bus trips along the Amalfi Coast, visited Sorrento Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Castellamare, Capri and Anacapri.
[center][img=http://p Posted by PendergrastR in My Year in Belgium | Aug 3, 2016
- Around IcelandOur first stop was Haimaey Island - one of the Westmans Islands. On the way we were able to watch a pod of Orka's feed:
[ Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 23, 2016
- THE INCREDIBLE GALAPAGOS ISLANDSThe Galapagos consist of 16 islands, only 3 of which are inhabited. The best way to explore it is by cruise, which guarantees you to see as much as possible of it without wasting time in boat transport back and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jul 5, 2016
- CAKE BY THE OCEAN: A 50th Birthday Bash in Paradise
===I have found out there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them” – Mark Twain===
It was a cold, Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 1, 2016
- Exploring La Paz and surroundingsWe could not resist to stop at the beach promenade, the Malecon. We walked along while the sun was setting over the sea and Max enjoyed trying to do some tricks on the bike.
[img=http:/ Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jun 23, 2016
- Observing Holy Week is More Fun in the PhilippinesSince my immediate family relocated to Manila, our home vacation to Anao-aon, Surigao del Norte is now scheduled every summer. That summer of year 2014, Papa Tantong, Mama Dulcing, and En's family flew to Surigao via Butuan airport a day Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 8, 2016
- SeattleHi everybody!
It's so good to be back to wifi!
After two super relaxing days on the Empire Builder, we have safely arrived on the West Coast. The rest of the trip was truly beautiful. When we entered the Great Plains of Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 19, 2016
- KaikouraEarly rise for me that day... The bus which would take me along the east coast to the small town Kaikoura really had to leave at 720am... Awesome! Not really... So I had to get up super early since I Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 15, 2015
- EXPLORING LAKE TITICACA ISLANDS, FROM BOLIVIA TO PERUI got to Copacabana after 3h in a bus with beautiful views over the lake and met some nice people in the bus: Peter, Swedish, Leena, English, and Cesar, Italian. We all ended up going to the same hostel and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 13, 2016
- Weekend Getaway to Guana CayFRIDAY
Now that we have our own little place on Guana Cay, we run down every chance we get. When we recently had an opportunity to head down for a long weekend with use of a free airplane, we jumped at Posted by vicki_h in . | May 12, 2016
- Philippines[center]First things first... there is only one reason to go to Manila and that is to fly out of it again. Perhaps that sounds a little harsh. But it's true.
The flight from Hong Kong was a good one and Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Apr 28, 2016
- Honduras Bonus: Utila and Roatan video
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 22, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Last Day: Vomit Comet
As I sat on the deck of Brisa del Mar, rubbing K2’s ears in the morning breeze, I couldn’t believe it was time to leave. Our time on Little Cay and Roatan had been spectacular.
Ho Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 22, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 7: The Sloth is my Spirit Animal
It hadn’t been an easy night for me. I had blackened my toe running through the house to try to make it to the other bathroom so that I wouldn’t wake Matt up with all my vomiting. I w Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 21, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 6: Seeking Asylum
So far, the trip had been pretty lazy. We were both in the mood for a little more activity, so we had booked Vi Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 20, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 5: Oh, Buoy!
The weather on this trip had been flawless every single day, and we woke up to another perfectly sunny day.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 19, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 4: Ro-Ro-Roatan Gently by the SeaI couldn’t believe it was our last morning on Little Cay. It made my heart hurt.
[img=https://farm2.staticfl Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 18, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 3: Baby, Can You Pass the Deet?The same soft sounds tugged at our ears the next morning and we found ourselves awake before sunrise again.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 17, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 2: Paradise Island
We made it through the night without anything with more legs than us getting into the bed and without dying in a pool of our own sweat, so I considered the first night a success.
Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 16, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise Day 1: Naked and Afraid.
Ways I can die in Honduras:
1. As Matt so thoughtfully pointed out, Honduras is the murder capital of the world.
2. There is a zipline on every mountain. Flying 200 feet above t Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 15, 2016
- In Pursuit of Paradise: IntroWhen you tell people you are going to Honduras, the response is always the same:
“Are you going on a mission trip?”
When you respond, “no,” the response is always the same:
“Then why are you going?”
When I told Matt I wanted Posted by vicki_h in . | Apr 14, 2016