Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Ah, January...Not much to get excited about on the travel front in January. Time to make plans for the rest of the year, mind you.
I have one trip booked already. At the end of March I’m off to Eigg for Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 14, 2017
- Bye, bye bush - hello town As we reached Geraldton, we ended up in afternoon rush-hour. This had not been an issue in our travels so far. Latest by then, we realized that we had left the bush and reached the more populated areas of Western Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jan 3, 2017
- Stranded for a while...We command electricity, bend light, develop new apps faster than bees make honey, can analyse the shit out of the tiniest molecule, but never is a reminder more welcome that we do not and will not control the elements.
Tuesday Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Dec 27, 2016
- Lamma IslandLast day in Hong Kong! We were supposed to go to Macau but we got a late start to the day and it was super crowded trying to get on a ferry.
We headed to get breakfast at Tsim Chai Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Dec 6, 2016
- Majuli Island - Brahmaputra
On this trip we decided to venture of the bitten track and explore a bit of India's less visited North East. We jumped on a train and NJP Junctions and set of for Jorhat - the city right in the Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Dec 6, 2016
- Left, Right, Left, Right!The water was very still, yet I still was nervous. Rafting wasn’t my thing, well- that’s a lie, I had never been rafting before, this would make it my first time. I’ve watched lots of tv shows about rafting before, Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 21, 2016
- Port au Prince - Montrouis
We have a nice leisurely start this morning before being picked up for the two hour journey to Montrouis and the Moulin sur Mer beach resort.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 29, 2016
- The sacred islandIt had just been a 15 min flight from Bora Bora to Raiatea and before we realized it, we were landing again. Our baggage arrived promptly – an advantage of tiny airports. Andrew, the owner of the Manava Lodge, picked Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 7, 2016
- Perfect island paradise It was love at first sight. Already from the air Maupiti looked simply perfect: a volcanic island with a high peak surrounded by an emerald lagoon and five rather flat coral islands.
Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 20, 2016
- Maeva / Bienvenue / Welcome French PolynesiaOn long distance flights, for us most airlines are pretty much the same: there’s individual in-flight entertainment, mediocre food and some kind of cheap toy article handed out for kids. But this time, there was a first: never before did Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 17, 2016
- Fitzroy Island 2016If you go to Cairns, you need to see the great barrier reef. You have a couple of options for that from the most hard core (night scuba diving) to easy snorkelling. However if you're not a big fan Posted by southwego in South We Go | Sep 25, 2016
- ‘TIS A LITTLE BREEZY AT THE TOP
After two years of talking about it and trying to find the “right” day, I finally made it to Fogo Island with the help of my good friend Pat. Time was getting short with my move to Ottaw Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Sep 14, 2016
- Islands and Ferries in the Pacific NorthwestWe had made it all the way to Ellensburg an hour east of Seattle and Sam and I had to do some decision making: what would we like to see and do in the next couple of days and in Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Sep 3, 2016
- Malapascua Island, Cebu lovin'People often ask why I'm so into long journeys and tedious rides when I travel. Well besides the adrenaline rush I get by being on the road and the excitement it brings to my core while imagining what's in store Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- 6 Months Blog Update 3The next stop was Caserte for the day and then during the next couple of days, we took bus trips along the Amalfi Coast, visited Sorrento Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Castellamare, Capri and Anacapri.
[center][img=http://p Posted by PendergrastR in My Year in Belgium | Aug 3, 2016
- Around IcelandOur first stop was Haimaey Island - one of the Westmans Islands. On the way we were able to watch a pod of Orka's feed:
[ Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Jul 23, 2016
- THE INCREDIBLE GALAPAGOS ISLANDSThe Galapagos consist of 16 islands, only 3 of which are inhabited. The best way to explore it is by cruise, which guarantees you to see as much as possible of it without wasting time in boat transport back and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Jul 5, 2016
- CAKE BY THE OCEAN: A 50th Birthday Bash in Paradise
===I have found out there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them” – Mark Twain===
It was a cold, Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 1, 2016
- Exploring La Paz and surroundingsWe could not resist to stop at the beach promenade, the Malecon. We walked along while the sun was setting over the sea and Max enjoyed trying to do some tricks on the bike.
[img=http:/ Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jun 23, 2016
- Observing Holy Week is More Fun in the PhilippinesSince my immediate family relocated to Manila, our home vacation to Anao-aon, Surigao del Norte is now scheduled every summer. That summer of year 2014, Papa Tantong, Mama Dulcing, and En's family flew to Surigao via Butuan airport a day Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jun 8, 2016
- SeattleHi everybody!
It's so good to be back to wifi!
After two super relaxing days on the Empire Builder, we have safely arrived on the West Coast. The rest of the trip was truly beautiful. When we entered the Great Plains of Posted by baecation2016 in Lovebug Train Trip 2016 | May 19, 2016
- KaikouraEarly rise for me that day... The bus which would take me along the east coast to the small town Kaikoura really had to leave at 720am... Awesome! Not really... So I had to get up super early since I Posted by jan.wegener in Jan Goes Down Under | Mar 15, 2015
- EXPLORING LAKE TITICACA ISLANDS, FROM BOLIVIA TO PERUI got to Copacabana after 3h in a bus with beautiful views over the lake and met some nice people in the bus: Peter, Swedish, Leena, English, and Cesar, Italian. We all ended up going to the same hostel and Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | May 13, 2016
- Weekend Getaway to Guana CayFRIDAY
Now that we have our own little place on Guana Cay, we run down every chance we get. When we recently had an opportunity to head down for a long weekend with use of a free airplane, we jumped at Posted by vicki_h in . | May 12, 2016
- Philippines[center]First things first... there is only one reason to go to Manila and that is to fly out of it again. Perhaps that sounds a little harsh. But it's true.
The flight from Hong Kong was a good one and Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Apr 28, 2016