Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Day 5, part 1I’ll do this day in two parts/days, otherwise it will be a very, very long post!
It started out overcast today then turned into full-on tropical rain alternating with rain and showers.
The island tour was pretty good despite the Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 24, 2014
- Hawaii - KauaiAll the way around Hawaii, people had been telling us that Kauai was probably the most beautiful of all the islands. It's a close run thing with Maui but I think they're probably right.
After the usual process of getting off Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Oct 11, 2014
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- Maldives on a Budget[center]After we pop in to Frankfurt for a casual beer and schnitzel, we board our first ever long-haul flight - to Maldives. Giddy with flight anxiety and great expectations of island experience, we spend the next 10 hours on Posted by Olga_Gogoleva in SE Asia | Oct 4, 2014
- Fraser Island - trip 2 of 3So if Whitsundays was "stunning scenery" then Fraser Island's summing up would be BANTER.
Met some of the most amazing people of the entire trip, (well, so far anyway) and saw some exceptionally nice lakes and creatures, in between sleeping in Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 5: Discovering Paros by carWe got up with no alarm clocks this time and were ready to leave our room at around 9h30 or so. This time, breakfast was included in the price of our hotel, and they had a small restaurant by the Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Sep 22, 2014
- Big Island... Du vert... du gris... du rouge...Nous quittons Auckland pour un voyage interminable de 24 heures pour atteindre Honolulu via San Francisco. Surprise, un peu de strasses : des limousines blanches nous conduisent à un grand hotel en bordure de la plage de sable fin de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014
- Day 4: Getting to ParosWe booked a ride with Nikos, the same taxi driver who got us from the Airport to the hotel, this time to take us to the port in Piraeus. Again, he was very friendly until the weird part is when Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Sep 20, 2014
- Come wind, come rain, come dark of night.The siren song of the Caribbean in summer has an allure that few of us can resist. The sun is bright, the water is calm and the nights are warm. When the mercury hovers over 80 and there is still Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 13, 2014
- Big trip to Little Corn Island The "vacation" part of our time in Nicaragua began with a trip to Little Corn Island, about 50 miles off the country's Atlantic coast. It is a helluva trip to get here.
First, we took a 12 (ish) passenger plane Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Aug 6, 2014
- Camiguin Island,PhilippinesJust got back from Camiguin, using old research data I have done many years ago I missed out that there is now a Cebu Pacific flight from Cebu to Camiguin. That would have been the most convenient way to get Posted by patrickph in Hokkaido ,Japan | Aug 1, 2014
- Need more Turks & Caicos? Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 10, 2014
- Sun Bleached Beaches & Blue on Blue WaterThe sailing trip brought us home a bit bedraggled.
I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation.
What was all that BS I spouted about not looking for trips that are relaxing, self-indulgent, and easy? Well, I just decided that Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 8, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 8=== Day Eight Itinerary: Lee Stocking Island to Stocking Island (30 miles)===
It was our last day. Matt and I decided to spend the morning watching the sun come up on the other side of Lee Stocking Island.
A quick dingy Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 16, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 7===Day Seven Itinerary: Blackpoint Settlement to Lee Stocking Island (30 miles)===
[img=https://farm6.static Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 15, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 6===Day Six Itinerary: Staniel Cay to Blackpoint Settlement (6 miles)===
[img=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/ Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 14, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 5===Day Five Itinerary: Little Farmer’s Cay to Staniel Cay (16 miles)===
We woke up not completely hating each other and figured that was a good enough reason to continue on.
Mornings on the boat were my favorite time. Not only was the Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 13, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 4===Day Four Itinerary: Rat Cay to Little Farmer’s Cay – 24 miles===
I don’t know about everyone else, but I woke up EXHAUSTED.
We had survived Sailing in the Bahamas for Dummies Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 12, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 3Day Three Itinerary: Stocking Island to Rat Cay (23 miles)
It was our first morning on the boat. We were all excited about getting underway.
Unfortunately, we hit our first sn Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 11, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 2===Day Two Itinerary: Sailing from Elizabeth Harbor, Great Exuma to Stocking Island (1/2 Mile)===
We had tricky logistics for the morning. The grocery store closed at 11:00 a.m. Ou Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 10, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 1Relaxing, self-indulgent, easy….those are typically the last 3 words I think of when planning a vacation. Those words are for vacationers. Not me.
Vacationers come home with big smiles, clean clothes, and shiny trinkets purchased at junk stores that s Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 9, 2014
- Hanoi / Halong BayAfter coming from Indonesia we actually found Hanoi quite quiet, small and relaxed. Many people had warned us that Hanoi was thick with mopeds and it's crazy. We found people drove slower here and it was safer to cross the Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Jun 2, 2014
- Cassiopeia, for the Girl that I LoveIn transit to Newport, RI – Goat Island, Newport, RI
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
I really slept like a baby this time. I woke up every hour on the hour screaming. I had nightmare after nightmare, so I should be Posted by kitcusick in Sailing the Seas | May 25, 2014
- Beaching is Still Fun in the PhilippinesHeld to be one of the best beach destinations in the world, the Boracay Island hosted for years now millions of tourists, local and foreign alike. Along with this influx of beach goers is the mushrooming of hotels, resorts and Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | May 5, 2014
- Do You Have Time for a Quickie?
I don't have to tell you that Matt and I can’t go very long without the itch to get out of town. Unfortunately, our lives and jobs are demanding and don’t often allow us the luxury of Posted by vicki_h in . | May 2, 2014