Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Eigg - Mallaig - Fort William - homeDay 4
Up at dawn again - too good to miss on my last morning.
On Calmac’s winter timetable the ferry sails on to nearby Muck (population 27) after calling at Eigg, and then at Eigg again on the way back Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Apr 2, 2017
- Sandamhòr - Traigh LathaigDay 3
A beautiful dawn just before 7am.
The owner’s daughter (she does have name, but... ) told me yesterday that a walk over to the beaches on the west of the islan Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Mar 31, 2017
- Roy Bridge - Fort William - Mallaig - EiggDay 2.
An early start and I was away from the B&B at 7:30 to get the 8:30 train from Fort William. My ticket - booked in advance and using my senior railcard - cost £9.20 return.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/871145/large_IMG_5143.jpg capti Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Mar 30, 2017
- Perhenthian island from KLBack in Asia after 2 years, well it feels very good.
This time we both have jobs in London so the vacations were for 10 days only.
How to get to Perhenthian island ?
From KL, we decided to take a flight to Posted by celia0409 in EYL and keep travelling | Mar 26, 2017
- Museum Island and East Side GalleryThis morning we slept in a bit and headed to the Orange Cafe across the street for a light breakfast. I really needed fruit so I got yogurt with fruit and Michelle had a croissant and we both had Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 21, 2017
- Pokhara and Phewa LakeTuesday saw us travel back to the airport - the domestic terminal this time - to catch our Yeti Airlines flight to Pokhara. We were early so managed to get onto the earlier 11.40 flight. Our 12.30 flight seemed to Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Mar 21, 2017
- Summer in Chile - 2017Today was my re-scheduled trip to Chiloe Island. The tour bus had forgotten to pick me up yesterday, so today I was on a shorter version of the tour.
The day was overcast, not brilliant sunshine like yesterday, that was Posted by balhannahrise in Dee goes to Chile | Mar 12, 2017
- Cape Palliser
Cape Palliser is at the south tip of North Island. We stayed at a DoC campsite at the Putangirua Pinnacles, the sligh Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 7, 2017
- Bay of Plenty
The weather continued to hold so we hit some more beaches.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/666235/Bay_of_Plenty_ Posted by bloorsontour in Bloors on Tour | Mar 1, 2017
- PORT BARTON ISLAND HOPPING AGAINWe are awakened at 5:30 by roosters. Upon investigation we are situated between two rooster roosts. The roosters are groomed for cock fighting which takes place tomorrow at 10. I keep my eye on them all to know which to Posted by RDILL in THE PHILIPPINES 2017 | Feb 25, 2017
- Turtle IslandAbout a 40 minute boat ride from Sandakan lies three islands known as the turtle islands. Hawksbill and Green sea turtles come here to nest and there is a wonderful program in place to assist the breeding habits of these Posted by carlagregory in 2017 Waite World Tour | Feb 21, 2017
- The very SouthAfter almost two weeks on the East coast of the South Island, we were ready to discover Southland. We did not take the highway, but ventured along the Southern Scenic Route through the Catlins. Our first stop was Kaka Point. Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Feb 12, 2017
- CAYE CAULKER ISLAND - BELIZEFAVOURITE PHOTO -
BELIZE PHOTO COLLAGE -
NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO PROBLEM - CAYE CAULKER IS WELL KNOWN FOR IT Posted by aussirose in HK Canada USA Belize 2015 | Feb 11, 2017
- Ah, January...Not much to get excited about on the travel front in January. Time to make plans for the rest of the year, mind you.
I have one trip booked already. At the end of March I’m off to Eigg for Posted by IainT in Here, and Sometimes There | Jan 14, 2017
- Bye, bye bush - hello town As we reached Geraldton, we ended up in afternoon rush-hour. This had not been an issue in our travels so far. Latest by then, we realized that we had left the bush and reached the more populated areas of Western Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Jan 3, 2017
- Stranded for a while...We command electricity, bend light, develop new apps faster than bees make honey, can analyse the shit out of the tiniest molecule, but never is a reminder more welcome that we do not and will not control the elements.
Tuesday Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Dec 27, 2016
- Lamma IslandLast day in Hong Kong! We were supposed to go to Macau but we got a late start to the day and it was super crowded trying to get on a ferry.
We headed to get breakfast at Tsim Chai Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Dec 6, 2016
- Majuli Island - Brahmaputra
On this trip we decided to venture of the bitten track and explore a bit of India's less visited North East. We jumped on a train and NJP Junctions and set of for Jorhat - the city right in the Posted by dima.safr in Roaming the world | Dec 6, 2016
- Left, Right, Left, Right!The water was very still, yet I still was nervous. Rafting wasn’t my thing, well- that’s a lie, I had never been rafting before, this would make it my first time. I’ve watched lots of tv shows about rafting before, Posted by ElanasTravels in Elanas Travels | Nov 21, 2016
- Port au Prince - Montrouis
We have a nice leisurely start this morning before being picked up for the two hour journey to Montrouis and the Moulin sur Mer beach resort.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by Grete Howard in Grete's Travels | Oct 29, 2016
- The sacred islandIt had just been a 15 min flight from Bora Bora to Raiatea and before we realized it, we were landing again. Our baggage arrived promptly – an advantage of tiny airports. Andrew, the owner of the Manava Lodge, picked Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Nov 7, 2016
- Perfect island paradise It was love at first sight. Already from the air Maupiti looked simply perfect: a volcanic island with a high peak surrounded by an emerald lagoon and five rather flat coral islands.
Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 20, 2016
- Maeva / Bienvenue / Welcome French PolynesiaOn long distance flights, for us most airlines are pretty much the same: there’s individual in-flight entertainment, mediocre food and some kind of cheap toy article handed out for kids. But this time, there was a first: never before did Posted by dreiumdiewelt in Our travel stories from around the world | Oct 17, 2016
- Fitzroy Island 2016If you go to Cairns, you need to see the great barrier reef. You have a couple of options for that from the most hard core (night scuba diving) to easy snorkelling. However if you're not a big fan Posted by southwego in South We Go | Sep 25, 2016
- ‘TIS A LITTLE BREEZY AT THE TOP
After two years of talking about it and trying to find the “right” day, I finally made it to Fogo Island with the help of my good friend Pat. Time was getting short with my move to Ottaw Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Sep 14, 2016