Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Come wind, come rain, come dark of night.The siren song of the Caribbean in summer has an allure that few of us can resist. The sun is bright, the water is calm and the nights are warm. When the mercury hovers over 80 and there is still Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 13, 2014
- Big trip to Little Corn Island The "vacation" part of our time in Nicaragua began with a trip to Little Corn Island, about 50 miles off the country's Atlantic coast. It is a helluva trip to get here.
First, we took a 12 (ish) passenger plane Posted by BettinaNYC in Breaking Away in 2014 | Aug 6, 2014
- Camiguin Island,PhilippinesJust got back from Camiguin, using old research data I have done many years ago I missed out that there is now a Cebu Pacific flight from Cebu to Camiguin. That would have been the most convenient way to get Posted by patrickph in Hokkaido ,Japan | Aug 1, 2014
- Need more Turks & Caicos? Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 10, 2014
- Sun Bleached Beaches & Blue on Blue WaterThe sailing trip brought us home a bit bedraggled.
I needed a vacation to recover from my vacation.
What was all that BS I spouted about not looking for trips that are relaxing, self-indulgent, and easy? Well, I just decided that Posted by vicki_h in . | Jul 8, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 8=== Day Eight Itinerary: Lee Stocking Island to Stocking Island (30 miles)===
It was our last day. Matt and I decided to spend the morning watching the sun come up on the other side of Lee Stocking Island.
A quick dingy Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 16, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 7===Day Seven Itinerary: Blackpoint Settlement to Lee Stocking Island (30 miles)===
[img=https://farm6.static Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 15, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 6===Day Six Itinerary: Staniel Cay to Blackpoint Settlement (6 miles)===
[img=https://farm3.staticflickr.com/ Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 14, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 5===Day Five Itinerary: Little Farmer’s Cay to Staniel Cay (16 miles)===
We woke up not completely hating each other and figured that was a good enough reason to continue on.
Mornings on the boat were my favorite time. Not only was the Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 13, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 4===Day Four Itinerary: Rat Cay to Little Farmer’s Cay – 24 miles===
I don’t know about everyone else, but I woke up EXHAUSTED.
We had survived Sailing in the Bahamas for Dummies Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 12, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 3Day Three Itinerary: Stocking Island to Rat Cay (23 miles)
It was our first morning on the boat. We were all excited about getting underway.
Unfortunately, we hit our first sn Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 11, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 2===Day Two Itinerary: Sailing from Elizabeth Harbor, Great Exuma to Stocking Island (1/2 Mile)===
We had tricky logistics for the morning. The grocery store closed at 11:00 a.m. Ou Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 10, 2014
- Home is where the Anchor Is…Sailing the Exumas Day 1Relaxing, self-indulgent, easy….those are typically the last 3 words I think of when planning a vacation. Those words are for vacationers. Not me.
Vacationers come home with big smiles, clean clothes, and shiny trinkets purchased at junk stores that s Posted by vicki_h in . | Jun 9, 2014
- Hanoi / Halong BayAfter coming from Indonesia we actually found Hanoi quite quiet, small and relaxed. Many people had warned us that Hanoi was thick with mopeds and it's crazy. We found people drove slower here and it was safer to cross the Posted by derryfadman in Worldwide ramblings | Jun 2, 2014
- Cassiopeia, for the Girl that I LoveIn transit to Newport, RI – Goat Island, Newport, RI
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
I really slept like a baby this time. I woke up every hour on the hour screaming. I had nightmare after nightmare, so I should be Posted by kitcusick in Sailing the Seas | May 25, 2014
- Beaching is Still Fun in the PhilippinesHeld to be one of the best beach destinations in the world, the Boracay Island hosted for years now millions of tourists, local and foreign alike. Along with this influx of beach goers is the mushrooming of hotels, resorts and Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | May 5, 2014
- Do You Have Time for a Quickie?
I don't have to tell you that Matt and I can’t go very long without the itch to get out of town. Unfortunately, our lives and jobs are demanding and don’t often allow us the luxury of Posted by vicki_h in . | May 2, 2014
- Charleston, SC / Hunting Island State Park (Beaufort, SC)There was a nasty accident from Durham to Charlotte, so it added an hour to the original two-hour drive. I arrived at my hosts' place in Charlotte, NC, at around 11:30. To be honest, it was a bit messy and Posted by muricadave in DC to LA | Apr 6, 2014
- The End is Nigh...The end is most definitely nigh...so I'm afraid to say, this one is a little long! If it helps, it's mostly pictures!! 😀
Ok so you thought our hiking days were done and dusted? Please no more tales of aching legs Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Apr 2, 2014
- Easter Island[img=http://photos. Posted by Anahera in Sarah is traveling the world... | Mar 23, 2014
- The three day thing[center][/center]
It’s been six months since I left Mexico City. Two of those I've been in South East Asia.
As I approached Kuala Lumpur a fourth time, I felt as unready and Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Mar 17, 2014
- Brazil! Time to Paaaaaar-a-ty!!12 weeks in...we have a confession to make. We must be the whitest people ever to travel South America for the length of time we have!! And we are not happy about this fact.
So heading further into Brazil, home of Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 6, 2014
- Beating the Winter BluesI thought the whole point of living in the south was to make fun of northerners in the winter.
We southerners are not equipped to deal with extreme cold and we panic at the very idea of snow. Actual snow is Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 18, 2014
- Paradise in the wakeI realized a while ago that I've never spent more than a week’s time on a place with a beach. Like, ever. Ko Phangan was not the exception. People and friends kept telling me to stay for the full moon Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 16, 2014
- Picture-Run is More Fun in the PhilippinesThe name of the noted place is Corregidor. What more can it be more wonderful than even the name itself? It alone suggests many things: adventures, heritage, and getaway, to name a few.
Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jan 31, 2014