Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Happy Floating (the card du jour)We say goodbye to Newport Beach, hop in the car, head up US 1 (the beach route) to the airport to drop off the car. We are early..very early... Its that Swiss sense of timing (did I Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | May 18, 2015
- JapanToday we ventured to Odaiba Island - on the other side of Tokyo from where we were staying, not far from Tokyo Disneyland. My traveling companion has never visited there during his time living in Japan. Odaiba is a large Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | May 21, 2015
- Girls In BlackI don't know why we worry so much about how fat we look but..we do. Our room is a bit messy today and the reason is .... We don't know what to wear. We are feeling a bit Posted by Linda Fluckiger in Living a Dream | May 17, 2015
- Runaway CowsIt’s not too often you see two cows running up the median strip of a busy main road, but that’s how today started.
I was on my way to the island Nusa Lembongan, about 30 minutes from Sanur, on the Posted by jenniferhall in Sudah Siap? | Apr 28, 2015
- Burnt but Happy ==Kia Orana!==
It has been 2 weeks since I’ve been living on Rarotonga. Since I am not sure what to write for my first post, I will give an overview of my time in Raro!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/449674/IMG_20150406_103854.jpg caption= Posted by thewongway in When A Henro Meets the Cooks | Apr 19, 2015
- Vancouver IslandEver since I was a kid I've dreamt of going salmon fishing on Vancouver Island, and given how close I am in Whistler I thought I'd do a bit of a road trip. Looking on a map it looked like Posted by Matt Cocken in Matt's Massive Holiday! | Mar 7, 2015
- Sorry, Winter, Please Leave a Message. I'm on Vacation.It was February 2, 2015. Punxsutawney Phil climbed out of his little hole, saw my excessively white body covered with a nice layer of winter fat, screamed with terror, and ran back inside, thus dooming us to six more weeks Posted by vicki_h in . | Mar 20, 2015
- SloveniaI got to Zagreb at about 6am, broke and freakishly hungry. Wandered around the station trying to find something to buy with less than 1 kuna LOL. Eventually I gave up and bought 2 disgusting choco banana things for breakfast. Posted by seaskimmer in Taking the Long Way Home | Mar 14, 2015
- Key West.... One Bite at a Time
To everything there is a season.
A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 10, 2015
- Sojourn on Koh NgaiAs we checked in at Koh Ngai Resort the smiling girl at reception said, 'Oh, you have very nice room, many guests say this is very nice room 512'. Yes, I thought, I bet you tell all the punters that, Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 9, 2015
- Sunrise, Sunsets…We were told that we must see the sun rise over Angkor Wat. I always prefer sunsets myself, they are generally at a much more civilized hour; and it wasn’t part of our tour, but in the end it was Posted by GinSmugglers in GinSmugglers go Thai | Feb 1, 2015
- Turkey & Pineapple: An island-style Thanksgiving Day 7Going home is always bittersweet. I never want to leave, but I'm itching to get back to my house and my dogs.
We had an afternoon flight, so we were at least able to make a leisurely departure.
Of course, Posted by vicki_h in . | Jan 27, 2015
- Turkey & Pineapple: An island-style Thanksgiving Day 6
It was a beautiful morning to give thanks. No rainbows this morning, but the clouds reflected in the water were a nice touch.
[img=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7490/16010947491_7 Posted by vicki_h in . | Jan 27, 2015
- Goodbye to Gili TGoodbye to Gili T
I'm back at Scallywags on Gili Trewagan for a fifth and final night. The day has been clear, but as I sip my fresh coconut, a full moon illuminates the sky, though a white most rises over Posted by UnderOrangeSky in Around the World in Sustainable Ways | Dec 4, 2014
- Aegina and the temple of AphaiaOn the advice of the helpful travel agent at Blue and White Travel in Piraeus, I took off on one of the many ferries and cruise ships crowding Piraeus harbor in the morning.
As we left Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 27, 2014
- Adventures on Rottnest IslandToday my AirBnb host Susanne and I headed off for Rottnest Island, a popular tourist destination about 20 miles off the coast near Perth.
More about the history of the island later. We took [[http://www.rottnestfastferries.com.au/|Rottnest Fast Ferr Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Nov 10, 2014
- Korea Grand FinaleWith only one day left, I decided to head out of town on a train and take a look at the countryside. I headed for a popular tourist destination called Nami Island, which styles itself as the Nami Republic. Posted by tdeits in Around the world in 2014 | Oct 30, 2014
- The Gili IslandsThere are three small Islands in Indonesia known as the Gili Islands. They're located just off the western coast of Lombok and we have been staying at Gili Trawangan, the largest of the three. Gili T. has a reputation for Posted by mattld in An Irish and Spanish Lad Abroad | Oct 30, 2014
- Day 5, part 1I’ll do this day in two parts/days, otherwise it will be a very, very long post!
It started out overcast today then turned into full-on tropical rain alternating with rain and showers.
The island tour was pretty good despite the Posted by judesbucketlist in Tonga | Oct 24, 2014
- Hawaii - KauaiAll the way around Hawaii, people had been telling us that Kauai was probably the most beautiful of all the islands. It's a close run thing with Maui but I think they're probably right.
After the usual process of getting off Posted by DanAndBells in Adventures with Danny & Bells | Oct 11, 2014
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- Maldives on a Budget[center]After we pop in to Frankfurt for a casual beer and schnitzel, we board our first ever long-haul flight - to Maldives. Giddy with flight anxiety and great expectations of island experience, we spend the next 10 hours on Posted by Olga_Gogoleva in SE Asia | Oct 4, 2014
- Fraser Island - trip 2 of 3So if Whitsundays was "stunning scenery" then Fraser Island's summing up would be BANTER.
Met some of the most amazing people of the entire trip, (well, so far anyway) and saw some exceptionally nice lakes and creatures, in between sleeping in Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 30, 2014
- Day 5: Discovering Paros by carWe got up with no alarm clocks this time and were ready to leave our room at around 9h30 or so. This time, breakfast was included in the price of our hotel, and they had a small restaurant by the Posted by dindiosk in Current Destination: Greece and Turkey | Sep 22, 2014
- Big Island... Du vert... du gris... du rouge...Nous quittons Auckland pour un voyage interminable de 24 heures pour atteindre Honolulu via San Francisco. Surprise, un peu de strasses : des limousines blanches nous conduisent à un grand hotel en bordure de la plage de sable fin de Posted by bloomglance in Volcano trip | Sep 21, 2014