Blog Entries tagged 'island'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'island'
- Brazil! Time to Paaaaaar-a-ty!!12 weeks in...we have a confession to make. We must be the whitest people ever to travel South America for the length of time we have!! And we are not happy about this fact.
So heading further into Brazil, home of Posted by shaunandhan in The 'Round'-up | Mar 6, 2014
- Beating the Winter BluesI thought the whole point of living in the south was to make fun of northerners in the winter.
We southerners are not equipped to deal with extreme cold and we panic at the very idea of snow. Actual snow is Posted by vicki_h in . | Feb 18, 2014
- Paradise in the wakeI realized a while ago that I've never spent more than a week’s time on a place with a beach. Like, ever. Ko Phangan was not the exception. People and friends kept telling me to stay for the full moon Posted by Zaspirucho in Thoughts from afar | Feb 16, 2014
- Picture-Run is More Fun in the PhilippinesThe name of the noted place is Corregidor. What more can it be more wonderful than even the name itself? It alone suggests many things: adventures, heritage, and getaway, to name a few.
Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jan 31, 2014
- Even Half-Day Tour is More Fun in the PhilippinesI have been to Iloilo City for so many times starting in the year 2003 when I had an opportunity to do some tours. While it always been my wish to pay even a short visit to Guimaras Island since, Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Jan 26, 2014
- Finding Paradise in Cambodia So many people have already asked me where my favorite place has been. To date, I absolutely have to say the South of Cambodia. Except not Sihanoukville. Its weird. And full of drunken backpackers (say nothing!) and prostitutes. Although Otres Posted by isabellepurcell in isabelle vs the world | Jan 8, 2014
- Ko LipeWe finally arrived on Ko Lipe at about 5pm and the music was already blaring for New Year's Eve. We were dropped off on the beach and were surprised at how easily we located our accommodation; it was a little Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 3, 2014
- Hawai'i Big IslandReady for camping in Big Island we were quite shocked when Hawaiian Airlines confiscated our camping stove because it’s according to their rules dangerous item which is not allowed on our flight even in checked luggage. This fact with combination Posted by roman.cibulka in Trav The Traveller | Jan 2, 2014
- Koh Lanta Yai
After waiting in the middle of the sea for about twenty minutes, the ferry boat appeared on the horizon and the party amongst the long tail boat men dispersed quickly as we did the final few hundred metres over to Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Jan 1, 2014
- Koh Jum, ThailandKoh Jum is a small island about an hour off the coast from Krabi with little else to do than enjoy the beaches. Our transfer to the port was from 10.30am, with the boat leaving at 11.30am. Knowing the port Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Dec 29, 2013
- Pirate DuckieDuckies are at home in Newport, Rhode Island.
from time to time
it is possible to get tied up
Posted by Baronessonthego in Duckies in a Row | Dec 19, 2013
- Green IslandA slow start still has us fed and packed and checked out by 9:30. The young German girl on the desk is excited to learn we are from Canada. She wants to see a bear!
The ferry arrives and we board Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 19, 2013
- Airlie Beach We arrived off the sailboat and make our way to our apartment. It is a wonderful view over the marina. Better than the view over Airlie beach considering the town is overrun with Schoolies. We can hear a group in Posted by Mari Anne in The Great Adventure 2013 | Dec 18, 2013
- The biggest sand island in the worldHaving seen big mammals – no not kangaroos, which turn out to be really rather small – we decide that we ought to see the world’s biggest sand island. Fraser Island, which happens to be right next to Hervey (pronounced Posted by PeterandHilary in Australia 2013 | Oct 9, 2013
- 20 Things I Learned on Guana Cay….Redux.I started this blog 5 years ago after an ill-fated trip to Guana Cay with our good friends John and Teresa. Two black eyes, a busted boat propeller, a slide down a boat ramp, sunburned lips, power outages……..Everything that could Posted by vicki_h in . | Oct 9, 2013
- Salad Anyone?Tuesday, September 10th, 2013
Someplace in Lake Ontario
I forgot to mention, in my last entry, that I also made my Mother’s Cinnamon Pull-A-Parts before I went to bed, so that I could reheat them for breakfast. So far I am Posted by kitcusick in Sailing the Seas | Sep 10, 2013
- 8.25.10: Koh Phi Phi, Thailand
Our first morning to wake up on the island of Koh Phi Phi was pleasant as ever! We wandered over to the P. P. Family Restaurant and woke up with a refreshing iced coffee and the sound of the wav Posted by emichele in Globe-Skipping | Sep 28, 2013
- Leaving Vaiula :(
I was sad to leave Vaiula, but it had to be done. I had already extended my stay there a couple of times, yes - it's THAT kind of place, and needed to move on so I could see more Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Jun 19, 2013
- Look Out Cabot TrailWell, we have to backtrack to last night. We were in a wonderful Inn in Pictou, had had a nice pub dinner, and now were nestled in bed and I was reading something to Linda. Suddenly, there came a tapping, Posted by damienannaaiden in Get Your Motor Running | Sep 12, 2013
- Lake TiticacaPuno, Peru
Sunday 25th August
We arrived in Puno, which is the main town on Lake Titicaca on the Peruvian side of the lake at around 3pm. We hung up our damp and still soaked clothes from the Inca trail and Posted by Roaming Rolts in Two Rolts, Two Continents, Two Rucksacks | Aug 29, 2013
- Surprised by Perhentian Island, MalaysiaAfter an hour of plane ride from Subang to Kuala Terengganu, followed by an hour plus of van ride to the jetty and finally an hour of boat ride we arrived at Perhentian Island. Greeted by crystal clear water Posted by MarcuZ in Journey of happiness anywhere anytime | Aug 22, 2013
- Stranded Naked in Abaco
We should have known better than to plan a trip to the Abacos during a week when there were three, yes….THREE….big beach parties. I can barely keep myself in check when there is just th Posted by vicki_h in . | Aug 5, 2013
- PILGRIMS HAVE MORE FUN: Four Days of Excess-- Err, HOLINESS.Oh yes, this blog was a thing I was doing. Hello, blog. I am back to write you. Let's pretend I wasn't ignoring your calls for six months?
Aww, you're so forgiving. That's why I love you.
So, SHIKOKU PILGRIMAGE. The big Posted by Niadra in I Can Haz Enlightenment? | Jul 15, 2013
- Rainbow Beach/Fraser IslandHeaded up to Rainbow Beach from Noosa (still in Queensland) The Greyhound bus took 2 hours so wasn’t too long. Stayed at hostel in Rainbow Beach for two nights. Whilst here there is a 20-30 minute walk to the sand Posted by chelle323 in Australia 2013 | Jun 29, 2013
- In the middle of the Atlantic... AgainYet another weekend away (June has been so far, a travel month), and Lisbon Airport is starting to feel like my second home. Friday I took a flight, but this time I wasn't flying abroad. Instead I went to Terceira, Posted by danics in World Away | Jun 25, 2013