- Val de la Mare Reservoir
If you want to be awaken by beauty, this walk is the perfect one. The vegetation and animals around the reservoir gives you the sensation that you have been left into paradise. Seriously, Posted by Adoni Mosquera in Walking - A Way of Discovering | Dec 9, 2013
- You're off to great places, today is your day.So last weekend, my Vietnamese friend (Hanh) who is studying at Victoria in Wellington also invited me out to her hometown. The little of town of La Gi, a small beachside town four hours North of Ho Chi Minh City Posted by breannamorgan34 in Somewhere in Vietnam | Dec 3, 2013
- Up, down, almost sent back, cancelled & 16 hours later.[float=right][/float] Even before the the plane finishes taxiing to the runway we are all dead asleep in the exit row. Im sure that they were concerned that, Posted by Johnny257 in Heading North | Aug 8, 2013
- Hitchhiking from Shangri La to Lijiang...So we set off. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling, which I attributed to nerves and lack of sleep. Stef however was as cool as a cucumber, him being a hitchhiking pro an' all, and he was confident Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 22, 2013
- Shangri La - The Tibetan Monastery When the girls and Chen returned back to the hostel, the gang of us trotted off to the bus stop to try and stay overnight in the big Tibetan Monastery nearby.
The aim was to get in Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 20, 2013
- Shangri LaThere were now 7 of us in the gang! 2 US gals - Camden (who was hilarious) & Jennifer, and 1 UK gal - Ellie had joined us. They were lovely girls altogether - they'd been living Posted by squeakylee in The Great Muppet Caper | Jun 18, 2013
- Living life on the edgeIn general I’m not a big fan of big cities so I wasn’t overly looking forward to La Paz. Arriving in on the bus left me feeling a little bit more uncertain of how much time I Posted by ofenelon in Dodging Mosquitos | Apr 30, 2013
- Our adventure started after sleeping in a brothel We were biking the Guajira to the northen most point in South America, Punta Gallinas.
It was going to be five days of extreme suckage. We agreed to it, prepared for it, and felt that the outc Posted by risajs in Bicivida = Bikelife | Apr 26, 2013
- Andas, Alfombras, Incense, and Processions!All of Guatemala has processions during lent and Holy Week. I could pick up the Prensa Libre newspaper and check out the scenes from other villages and cities in this very religious country to see a montage of color. But Posted by Aeren in Antigua | Apr 1, 2013
- SPLURGE- Las Olas y La Cúpula, Copacabana, Bolivia
Our budget for this trip was $15 per person per day. But after spending 4 freezing cold days in Uyuni and having Carlos get a bad chest cold in La Paz, we wanted to find a place that wa Posted by UnMejorHOY in Rice and Beans, Alternative Travel | Jun 18, 2012
- Un dia interesante en La PazMy first thought of La Paz is how crowded this city is and it is even higher than Cusco (at 3660m)!! There was no activity today apart from the meeting in the evening with our new tour guide and possible Posted by sianmy in Trip to South America and Antartica | Dec 18, 2012
- Visito Tiwanacu (pre Inca Archeological site)I felt so much better today plus i'm now back on Diamox till i guess when we are not in high ground anymore.
We visited Tiwanacu in the morning. We had a guided tour which we first visited the museum Posted by sianmy in Trip to South America and Antartica | Dec 17, 2012
- Enfermo en Bolivia (not well in Bolivia)I didn't sleep well at all the entire night woking up nearly every hour drinking water and going to toilet. Plus i had this terrible headache the whole entire night.
I think Martina didn't sleep well with me feeling Posted by sianmy in Trip to South America and Antartica | Dec 17, 2012
- La PazLa Paz is een geweldige stad in een dal.
Overal om je heen heb je bergen en deze zijn met sneeuw bedekt.
[img=http://photo Posted by Tako.terriet in South America | Nov 24, 2012
- En Route
So were sitting here at the airport in LA... with our celeb stalking goggles on, but no luck yet! We got an hour and half before we depart for Fiji so we're still hoping!
We're not quite sur Posted by freerangechicks in Free Range Chicks | Nov 15, 2012
- Step OneSo successfully arrived in LA for the second time this year and like the first time I will not have time to see any of it before I fly out again tomorrow. Currently sitting in the hotel lobby waiting to Posted by Tony's Travels in The Rest of the Americas | Oct 15, 2012
- Buenos Aires, Argentina[img= Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Sep 22, 2012
- Rescued at Sea! (and a culinary faux pas)After leaving Rome, our first scheduled stop on our return leg back to Spain was along the Italian Riviera. But our route first took us directly by the town of Pisa. Of course, we had to stop for the obvious Posted by jim-n-mark in Jim and Mark's Epic Amero-Euro Adventure | Aug 29, 2012
- La Serena, Chile
A Posted by Kan_Kan_Can in not recommended by the lonely planet | Aug 27, 2012
- Nice "Eze" nice, and so is Cap Ferrat!As we arrived into the area around Nice, we drove along the beaches and noticed that private companies set up shop right on the beach renting out lounge chairs, umbrellas, towels and what not, and often have a little refreshment Posted by jim-n-mark in Jim and Mark's Epic Amero-Euro Adventure | Aug 18, 2012
- Marseilles - a gritty city on the cusp of rebirth2013! That's when we should have come here. That's the year that appears all over Marseilles -- on signs and billboards and construction project signs. The entire city seems under re-construction.
First, though, our rental car. Turns out we were onl Posted by jim-n-mark in Jim and Mark's Epic Amero-Euro Adventure | Aug 13, 2012
- Barcelona with the Family - Si! Si!===“I could give you my word as a Spaniard," Inigo said. "No good," the man in black replied. "I've known too many Spaniards.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/391043/1488062_411..34358_n.jpg thumb=http://ph Posted by Fun Susie in Adventures with Susie | Aug 2, 2012
- La Paz - Bolivia Melting Pot at Full ThrottleLa Paz July 7 – 10
We arrived at Quime’s central taxi stand around nine and were directed into the typical 8 person Toyota diesel van. The first sign that the morning might go differently than planned came when Posted by White Buffalo in Altiplano Odyssey | Jul 22, 2012
- La FortunaBrad is very pleased with his purchases in Sarchi (known for its woodwork and symbolic painted ox carts) a monkey and a sloth necklace!
[img=http://photos.travellerspoin Posted by rjjrb in Costa Rica | Mar 16, 2012
- What was the best?Since we have been home, many friends have asked us what was your favorite place, the best place you stayed, had the most fun or where would you stay again. Considering the fact that we had a phenomenal time, met Posted by rhislop in Living the Daily Adventure | Mar 14, 2012