Blog Entries tagged 'lakes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'lakes'
- Waitomo Caves to Uretiti Beach Camp, Northland - Day 64Good morning!
Today was our trip to see the glowworms in Waitomo Caves. Instead of walking or taking a boat in the caves, we decided to tube it instead. This is basically a rubber ring Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 27, 2013
- RotoruaNext we were onto Rotorua. I had been warned of how badly the town smells, but you really can't be prepared for it. It was pretty nasty and kind of makes you feel nauseous. The good thing (I think) is Posted by karencook in Karen's World Adventures | Apr 16, 2013
- Mount Ruapehu to Arohena - Day 63This morning we drove up two mountain roads in the Tongariro National Park for some good views and to see Mount Ruapheu better. The first went straight up Mount Ruapehu to a closed ski resort, which looks really odd in Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 26, 2013
- Lake Taupo to Mount Ruapehu - Day 62After 9 weeks away we needed a hair cut so we went to a little place in Lake Taupo and my hairdresser was from near Leeds! She had quite a strong accent and said the people there didn't understand Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 25, 2013
- Rotorua & Lake Taupo - Day 61This morning we went to Wai-O-Tapu thermal park in Rotorua. Walking around the park we got to see craters, boiling mud pools, unnaturally (although of course they were) colourful lakes and steaming vents. I had never seen anything like it Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 24, 2013
- Coromandel to Rotorua - Day 60 It rained last night and the awning pooled with water. Andrew pushed it up to get rid of the water and it went everywhere, including some inside the van! We managed to get a hot shower using the coin machine, Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Mar 23, 2013
- Getting back to NatureSeven years ago, on our very first overseas adventure together, we met two loca Belgian sisters with whom we spent a very fun week with in Cambodia. We only spent a few days together, but they proved to be such Posted by ladiesofleisure in A year or so of Misadventure and fun | Apr 27, 2013
- The Parks of the North – Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake ManyaraOnce in Arusha our luggage was quickly unloaded and we carried it straight from the plane to the exit where a couple of guys with our name sign and a Toyota Landcruiser awaited us to take us to our hotel, Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Apr 8, 2013
- Isla del Sol, Copacabana - Day 32Today we took a boat ride to Isla del Sol, which is in Lake Titicaca. We bought the tickets yesterday, which includes drop off and pick up on the island and a trip to the floating islands in Lake Titicaca Posted by staceywaugh in Waughs around the World | Feb 23, 2013
- Biking from Xpujil to Chetumal I left Xpujil at around 9 am, I had become quite attached to my little cabin, with it's shafting light coming through the cracks in the wooden walls and huge fan above my head keeping me cool. I hopped on Posted by Rose in Mexico in Enchanting Mexico | Jan 25, 2013
- Good bye USASorry everyone who has been reading up on my blog I have not written a post for a long time but, you know I have come back from the US and it has been a whole year now, My experience Posted by shantanukul in American Holidays | Jan 11, 2013
- About Road To Sri Lanka Tours
The mission of Road To Sri Lanka Tours is to provide unique, tours and travel experiences, for a niche marke Posted by RoadtosrilankaT in Travel To Sri Lanka | Dec 10, 2012
- The Sights of CopacabanaUtama Hotel continues to impress. The breakfast they provide for their guests consists of an egg (scrambled or fried), coffee with milk, juice, fruit salad, corn flakes, strawberry yogurt, a corn panqueque (sp?), two pieces of bread each, jam + Posted by alexis.johnson in Trippin' | Nov 29, 2012
- QUEEN CROWNED ON TOP OF A TREE
Queen Elizabeth II of England visited Kenya in 1952 as a happily married Princess to Prince Philip of Edinburg which led to their visit to the Treetops hotel in Nyeri inside the Abardares National Park. This hotel was build on Posted by silver dove in Traveling In Kenya | Nov 29, 2012
- Making MemoriesI'm a 25 year old British female who's been living in Canada for the past 2 years.
As my work visa is up for renewal I've deci Posted by Cindy_bb in USA 2012 | Oct 29, 2012
- Its more fun in the Philippineswell, I just stumbled upon this video on a social network and I must say I AM PROUD to be a FILIPINO! :D
I have traveled a few places here in our country and I will explore more of what this Posted by hepastar in Its more fun in the Philippines | Nov 19, 2012
- Day OneUrgh! It's been a long day - up at 6, out by 7.30 to be at the airport by 9. Mousey was not happy to see us go, although he loved the planes. He was really clingy Posted by RosieW in Mawson Lakes to Devonport, November 2012 | Nov 14, 2012
- New England - Day 5 Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park MaineThe Bayview is a really nice hotel. Our king bedroom was spacious and directly waterfront. When you stay at chain motels along the interstate, you are served "continental" breakfast, which we all know isn't really something to write Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 16, 2012
- Floating Islands - PunoThe bus from Copacabana to Lima is a long 27 hours in total, so to mix it up a little, I decided to give my legs a stretch and my bum a rest from sitting for the duration, & to Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Oct 11, 2012
- Copacabana - Lake TiticacaMyself, Maureen and Kelli headed for Copacabana/ Lake Titicaca. Sometimes referred to the highest lake in the world, for its altitude, we were all really excited to leave the bustling city of La Paz behind and visit this extremely beautiful Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Oct 9, 2012
- Cambodia 13th September 2012- Goodbye Bangkok.......
A very long day for us as our overland journey began. The bus picked us up at 7am , Cambodia bound . We spent our first night in Siem Reap, where we arrived at 16:15.. Luckily Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 3, 2012
- Plitvice Lakes National Park, CroatiaSome people on the tour had been here before and specifically wanted to return.
I enjoyed it very much, but after all the talk about the "wild forrest" and being from Colorado, I was expecting something a little more remote.
The lakes Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Taiwan and LuzonGreetings from a seemingly perma grey Manila from where I hope to catch a boat to the slightly greener island of Palawan on Thursday. It's a city few could love including its inhabitants; being a sprawling, dirty, dangerous hulking port Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Jul 7, 2009
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012
- CambodiaTo be honest, since I had not heard many wonderful things about the country, I left Saigon with the impression that I would only spend a 10 to 14 days in Cambodia as I scurry my way back up into Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Sep 5, 2012