Blog Entries tagged 'lakes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'lakes'
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Black Sand and Green LightsFly North for three hours from London and you arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland. In a country of just over 300,000 people, around 125,000 Icelanders live in the city.
We landed late afternoon at what felt like an Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Apr 16, 2015
- Hot Springs-Camping-Natural Park Amatitlan, Guatemala This is the TripAdvisor review:
“Natural Hot Springs, Camping for RV and Tents - best in the Americas”
5 of 5 starsReviewed March 22, 2015
From Alaska to Argentina, driving the Pan AMerica Highway in a RV, we have never encountered Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 13, 2015
- Day 17 - UdaipurUp so early today as Meenu's cooking class starts at 7:30 and my first thought is I want more sleep.
Drag myself out of bed and head down to Meenu's shop and her husband answers the door and let's us up Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- Lake Atitlan & Seymuc ChampneyAfter almost a week in Antigua, we leave the city for the relaxed, very chilled atmosphere of Lake Atitlan which is just as well as the journey in the crammed shutte was horrendous.
A very beautiful lake surrounded by 4 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 29, 2015
- Croatia: Rijeka and Plitvice Lakes
Rijeka was the next to last overnight stop on our itinerary to get settled. I waffled between Rijeka and Cres until the last minute, and then finally chickened out of tackling the island Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 28, 2015
- Quito - Ecuador28th December
After flying back to Guayaquil I retrieve my bag and take another flight straight to Quito where I am met at the airport by Pedro, the taxi driver sent by my hostel, and who gives me a kiss. Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 4, 2015
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- PLAN Crater Lake
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/GSNIf|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir um 9 Uhr, 2 Stunden später frühstücken wir im [[http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 29, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- BonitoAfter a 6hr bus journey, Chris, Erica and I arrive in Bonito whilst the other couple have gone straight to Iguassu Falls.
Almost as soon as we arrive, we realise this was a mistake. All attractions are very expensive, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 19, 2014
- The Sparks of Fire "Batangas, the next to Baguio in terms of its known climate and temperature. This is exiting. And not far from Batangas lies the Taal Lake, I wish I could catch a glimpse of the smallest volcano in the world." I Posted by electricace21 in A Paradise of Fire and Warmth | Oct 7, 2014
- Our Aussy Road tripTo start a road trip you need transportation!
Starting point - Byron Bay
[img=htt Posted by Cindy_bb in Australia | Oct 6, 2014
- Blessington Lakes Posted by C's Adventures in Photos and memories | Oct 6, 2014
- Fraser Island - trip 2 of 3So if Whitsundays was "stunning scenery" then Fraser Island's summing up would be BANTER.
Met some of the most amazing people of the entire trip, (well, so far anyway) and saw some exceptionally nice lakes and creatures, in between sleeping in Posted by emmaabroad in Australia | Sep 30, 2014
- Wells Gray Provincial Park to Jasper On our drive to Jasper we stopped at Mount Robson Provincial Park for lunch. The luck that I had in Alaska, seemed to have continued in to Canada, as we were fortunate that there was no clouds covering Mount Robson Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Aug 25, 2014
- Link to African Selfie[[http://www.ggw4x4.com|African Selfie]]
A self-drive adventure from South Africa to Ethiopia and back-again, 29 March - 29 May 2014. The stories of three travelers - Lins, Le Roux and Suzan, with their friends met and made along the way.
[img=htt Posted by sue_v in African Selfie | Aug 16, 2014
- MALCESINE "LIVE" Shopping Under The Stars and more
Photo by Italo Trimeloni: [[http://www.lake-garda-italy.net]]
We returned to Malcesine in late May 2014 for 13 days just in time for the beginning of all the summer Posted by oinchats in Malcesine "Live" | Jul 21, 2014
- BledBefore I start talking about my travels here, I just want to highly recommend Slovenia to anyone.
I travelled here with my girlfriend, Lydia, for a little break after I'd just came back from Benidorm on a stag do and Posted by TeessideTravels in Teesside Travels | Jul 17, 2014
- A Little Piece of Heaven on EarthA night train from Split to Zagreb provided much needed rest and sleep at this point of the journey. Arriving in Zagreb at 6:30 a.m., we made our way via the tram to the bustling Zagreb bus station. The station Posted by darrenesl in Darren and Terri's Travels | Jul 8, 2014
- Our video of Nepal... For those following this blog from the beginning know that we recently took a trip of a lifetime that started on our own in Kathmandu Nepal on December 4th, 2013.
After a week we joined with Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jun 25, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014