Blog Entries tagged 'lakes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'lakes'
- Around the Coorong National Park
It is quite scary to think that we have now been away for four weeks. In some ways it seems like forever since we left our house in Saxmundham; that we have been to so many places Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- welcome to MadridBuenos Dias
Due to our late arrival into Madrid we had a sleep in for our first day here. Once we woke up and got ready we headed to the Hammam al andalus. We headed to the only Arab baths Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Aug 13, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Farley Lake Attempt "It's not a backcountry adventure if everything goes right!"
The weekend began much like any other weekend trip to the mountains- with last minute planning. I only decided during the week to head out backpacking so this trip was rather last Posted by LucasDunbar in Wandering Thoughts | Jul 13, 2015
- When in WisconsinWe're on the road again after a short stay by Shari's family, who very graciously opened up their home in Postville, Ia, to us this past shabbat. Many meals were eaten, in the proper order, according to tradition. In an Posted by MiriG in Post-College Stress Disorder | Jul 12, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VIII..Confluence of Indus & ZanskarThe confluence of the Zanskar River and the Indus is 3 km southeast of Nimmu village in Ladakh.This place is the meeting point of two rivers Indus & Zanskar. This place is famous for water activities....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 8, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...Part - VI...On way to Pangong Tso lakeThe Chang La (el. 5,360 m or 17,590 ft) is a high mountain pass in Ladakh, India. It is the second highest motorable road in the world. Chang La is approached from Leh via kharu and sekti village by a Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 17, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - II...Alchi and around...
Alchi is a village and monastery in the Leh district of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, situated on the bank of Indus River 70 km downstream from the capital in Leh. Unlike the other gompas in Ladakh, Alchi is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 14, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- Minister welcomes local govt survey results The first ever survey of how ratepayers view the performance of their local government is being welcomed by Local Government Minister Paula Bennett.
The inaugural New Zealand Local Government Survey, released today, is part of Local Government New Zeal Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Balancing act for House Democratic Leader Pelosi on trade
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi faces a balancing act over trade legislation before Congress.
It's a top priority for President Barack Obama. But it's overwhelmingly opposed by House Democrats. That leaves Pelosi caught in th Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- German backpacker survives icy fall on Mt TongariroA 19-year-old German backpacker has been hospitalised after sliding 50 metres down an icy slope near the summit of Mt Tongariro today.
The man and his three companions were hiking over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing about 1pm when he slipped and Posted by Carter1111 in news | May 20, 2015
- Black Sand and Green LightsFly North for three hours from London and you arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland. In a country of just over 300,000 people, around 125,000 Icelanders live in the city.
We landed late afternoon at what felt like an Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Apr 16, 2015
- Hot Springs-Camping-Natural Park Amatitlan, Guatemala This is the TripAdvisor review:
“Natural Hot Springs, Camping for RV and Tents - best in the Americas”
5 of 5 starsReviewed March 22, 2015
From Alaska to Argentina, driving the Pan AMerica Highway in a RV, we have never encountered Posted by rvcampertravele in Camping - camping in Guatemala | Apr 13, 2015
- Day 17 - UdaipurUp so early today as Meenu's cooking class starts at 7:30 and my first thought is I want more sleep.
Drag myself out of bed and head down to Meenu's shop and her husband answers the door and let's us up Posted by lee_1986 in India - 2015 | Feb 13, 2015
- Lake Atitlan & Seymuc ChampneyAfter almost a week in Antigua, we leave the city for the relaxed, very chilled atmosphere of Lake Atitlan which is just as well as the journey in the crammed shutte was horrendous.
A very beautiful lake surrounded by 4 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 29, 2015
- Croatia: Rijeka and Plitvice Lakes
Rijeka was the next to last overnight stop on our itinerary to get settled. I waffled between Rijeka and Cres until the last minute, and then finally chickened out of tackling the island Posted by zzlangerhans in Babies in backpacks | Jan 28, 2015
- Quito - Ecuador28th December
After flying back to Guayaquil I retrieve my bag and take another flight straight to Quito where I am met at the airport by Pedro, the taxi driver sent by my hostel, and who gives me a kiss. Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Jan 4, 2015
- Road Trip through Middle Earth==South Island==
===Day 1 - Kaikoura===
Kaikoura sunrise & wild dolphin swim
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/10809012_1.._54524922_n.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506 Posted by Cindy_bb in New Zealand | Jan 1, 2015
- PLAN Crater Lake
===Die genaue Tages-Route findet Ihr [[https://goo.gl/maps/GSNIf|hier]].===
===Heute starten wir um 9 Uhr, 2 Stunden später frühstücken wir im [[http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ Posted by deniseontour in Pacific Northwest & Hawaii | Dec 29, 2014
(Look how Portland I am.)
Aside from large-framed glasses and apathetic attitudes, Portland has some really beautiful surrounding nature. I met up with my friend from college, Greg. Posted by katie_rose in My Own Backyard | Dec 16, 2014
- BonitoAfter a 6hr bus journey, Chris, Erica and I arrive in Bonito whilst the other couple have gone straight to Iguassu Falls.
Almost as soon as we arrive, we realise this was a mistake. All attractions are very expensive, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 19, 2014
- The Sparks of Fire "Batangas, the next to Baguio in terms of its known climate and temperature. This is exiting. And not far from Batangas lies the Taal Lake, I wish I could catch a glimpse of the smallest volcano in the world." I Posted by electricace21 in A Paradise of Fire and Warmth | Oct 7, 2014
- Our Aussy Road tripTo start a road trip you need transportation!
Starting point - Byron Bay
[img=htt Posted by Cindy_bb in Australia | Oct 6, 2014