Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Impressions of IcelandCrisp. That is the word that comes to mind when I think back on my trip to Iceland. Fresh, ragged, unique. Crisp.
Late May, 2014, the celebration of my mom’s entry into octogenarianism, was a magical time. Posted by Julie2014 in Random Impressions | Jul 21, 2014
- From Step Pyramid to the Great Pyramids!
In Ancient Egypt, the pyramids were built not just as a burial chamber or grave but its purpose was to facilitate afterlife for the King / Pharaoh so that he could be eternal. To underst Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 19, 2014
- Saqqara (Step Pyramid) and Memphis
Early next day we set out towards Memphis and Saqqara, which is around 24 kms away from Cairo. It is actually a nice drive away from the crowded Cairo city.
Saqqara, is where Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 17, 2014
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
Day 1 of Cairo we headed towards - the reason everyone comes to Egypt - to see Pyramids. We were excited, all charged up and it sure leaves you in awe! But there are over 100 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 13, 2014
- Visiting Alexandria in April
Everyone tells me it’s hot in Egypt in April. But against all odds I plan my trip to Egypt and as I live Dubai I think I know how to manage the heat. We (with my family) Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 7, 2014
- Norway in a nutshell“Hei fra Skandinavia”! Well actually, “Hello from London”. Despite my best intentions to write on the road, I found limited time to put pen to paper. On occasion when I did, turning my ramblings into something coherent for you good Posted by Jonathon Clegg in Lost and Found | Jul 1, 2014
- Our video of Nepal... For those following this blog from the beginning know that we recently took a trip of a lifetime that started on our own in Kathmandu Nepal on December 4th, 2013.
After a week we joined with Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jun 25, 2014
- Throw some more mud on the fire motherWhen Christopher Columbus set off to discover the new world he left from Portugal. This was a very important decision. Had he departed from the Inner or Outer Hebrides we would never have had Fast Food, the Internet or Bottled Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 9, 2014
- Stick a purple carrot in the dykeHolland is actually the name of a region and former province in the Netherlands. I never knew that until I recently offended a guy simply by asking him directions. Usually I have to concentrate to offend effectively and wonder if Posted by Wheelspin in Who needs a holiday - I need sedatiation | Jun 4, 2014
- Chilling out in LaosI know I haven't given news for a while and my trip now approaches to an end so prepare yourself for a bunch of articles in the next days! :)
After the hectic months I had just spent in New Zealand, Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | May 25, 2014
- The North of ArgentinaLast time I wrote we were in the South of Argentina near the end of the world. This entry is from the North, close to the borders of Bolivia and Chile. Such a contrast in landscapes but equally Posted by sandyandyuri in The Americas | May 18, 2014
- NORWAY - OSLO
Norway was next on our travel hit list and as it is one of the most expensive countries in the world it required us to thoroughly research and book all cost saving solutions. This involved Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | May 16, 2014
- Extraordinary India and Wonderful Nepal (2)The flight from Varanasi to Kathmandu is less than an hour and after the slightly painful form filling and queuing required to obtain the entry visa at Nepal’s main airport we were met by Buddish and his driver Sunit. It Posted by david.byne in New Territory | May 15, 2014
- Day 23: London to the Cotswolds Today my family and Uncle John traveled from downtown London to the rural Cotswolds. It was a beautiful day of 60 degrees and partly sunny skies.
After another breakfast at our Premier Inn (make sure to say that name in your Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 14, 2014
- Spain- Estella-Lizzara. Camino de Santiago.Our next stop on the Camino was Estella-Lizzara, a town that came into being when in the 11th century the influx of pilgrims who started travelling to Santiago de Compostel Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | May 13, 2014
- Spain. Camino de Santiago. 2nd Stop Mañeru (Navarre)
The day had just broken and I was still half asleep, the night had been warm but the sleep not deep, as the snoring of the fellow travellers, coughing and creaking of the bunk beds had kept me awake Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | May 11, 2014
- Spain. Camino de Santiago. Utrega- The Journey Continues.Early the next morning, we left our hotel in Pamplona, walked down the street and in a bar near the town hall had a breakfast of toasted bread with olive oil and fresh sliced tomatoes sprinkled with oregano, semi cured Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | May 9, 2014
- Spain,. Camino de Santiago. An interrupted JourneyIn June 2008 we had visited the city of Santiago de Compostela, capital of Galicia in the north of Spain, starting our pilgrimage from Barcelona. I had started writing about our journey but at that time not feeling upto Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | May 9, 2014
- Day 17: Tour of ParisAs the title suggests, today was another day touring the beautiful city of Paris. To be honest, Paris is exponentially cleaner, friendlier, and more unique than any typical American city.
We took a Rick Steve's audio tour around our part of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 8, 2014
- La la la in La Digue island
La Digue is part of Archipelago of Seychelles. There is no airport on this tiny island and can be reached by a ferry from Praslin and is 20 minutes away. Cat Coco, the popular inter island Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | May 5, 2014
- ICELAND Day Fimm
Just to sound like broken records we were up early again as we had a long day of driving ahead of us- just for something different! Although we knew that this drive would be Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | May 4, 2014
- The ListThe Bucket List
My original 1-100
1- [s]Visit before 22122012Chichen Itza[/s]
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/100D97222219AC6817F282206EA4ADBB.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/506924/thumb_100D97222219AC6817F282 Posted by Cindy_bb in The Bucket list | May 4, 2014
- KeukenhofI've had some difficulty uploading photos over the last few months, which has contributed to the interruption to usual services, or black and white screenings (ie no pictures!). Fortunately though the upload system seems to be up and running Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 3, 2014
- Praslin Island, the Paradise
Seychelles is a 115 island country and there are many islands you can choose from, to stay, explore, drive, dive or you can just spend a day hoping between the islands! The most popular Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Apr 22, 2014
- MEXICO-Tulum and the Ruins ]Last night it was very hot, mosquitos were going full blast, the noise of their wings in my ears was most annoying and shuffling from one side to another, trying to swat them with my hands, did not ditter Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 16, 2014