Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- What just happened?It was a fine Thursday morning. My sister and I decided to go and visit this great beach down south they call Boracay. With the company of our lovely cousin we all head to the airport. Excited. Anticipating. Nervous yet Posted by moonlitskies in A celebration of her 22 glorious years! | Jul 25, 2015
- Today is Wednesday. We walked 6 miles over to Spiss,Today a 6 mile walk over very easy switchbacks, always water at intervals coming out of faucets - into big troughs mainly for the cows but also for the hikers and farmers. Switz and Austria are the few countries where Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Bool Sheet!I forgot to mention that when in Scuol, our hotel owner, a Romansch speaking man, told us about a famous artist living in Scuol. He said the artist makes "What you call them? Bool Sheet? " "Cow pies?" Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part IX....Khardung La "Pass"==Khardung La== Khardung Pass, la means pass in Tibetan is a high mountain pass located in the Ladakh region of the India. The elevation of Khardung La is 5,359 m (17,582 ft) and it is the world's highest motorable Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 20, 2015
- Liechtenstein thru the Fuela Pass (again) to ScuolScuol, pronounced school, is the mountain heart of the Romansch language, a Latin based 4th official language of Switzerland. The owner of our hotel, Hotel Traub, said about 50,000 people speak the language in this area even tho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- authentic morocco tours and packageshrill of morocco tours is agency specialized in organisation of trips and excursions in Morocco. Willing to provide the highest quality of travel by Morocco, available anywhere! We offer authentic trips to see and discover the true Morocco outside the Posted by thrillof in MOROCCO TRAVEL TOURS | Jul 17, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VIII..Confluence of Indus & ZanskarThe confluence of the Zanskar River and the Indus is 3 km southeast of Nimmu village in Ladakh.This place is the meeting point of two rivers Indus & Zanskar. This place is famous for water activities....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 8, 2015
- Lavender By The BayImagine if you can, a field of lavender reminiscent of those in Provence, France, but closer to home. Lavender By the Bay is a farmer's market dedicated to those who love all things lavender. Located in East Marion, in the Posted by HappyWanderer in Daytrippers | Jul 7, 2015
- Wildschönau Valley
So we left Munich and arrived in the valley at 10am. There are 4 towns that make up the valley and we stayed at Niederau. There is a population of 4000 people between these towns.
We stayed at the Apsley Ski Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 27, 2015
- SalzburgSo we did the archery in Grünau, had Gerhard’s world famous lasagne for lunch and then we headed for Salzburg. Luck for us it is only 2 hours down the road.
Salzburg is the fourth-largest city in Austria. Salzburg's "Old Town" Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jun 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VII..Pangong Tso Lake....Pangong Tso , Tibetan for "long, narrow, enchanted lake", also referred to as Pangong Lake, is a lake in the Himalayas situated at a height of about 4,350 m (14,270 ft). It is 134 km (83 mi) long and extends Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 18, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...Part - VI...On way to Pangong Tso lakeThe Chang La (el. 5,360 m or 17,590 ft) is a high mountain pass in Ladakh, India. It is the second highest motorable road in the world. Chang La is approached from Leh via kharu and sekti village by a Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 17, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part - V...winters with fresh snowfall!Leh has a cold desert climate with long, harsh winters from October to early March, with minimum temperatures well below freezing for most of the winter. The city gets occasional snowfall during winter. The weather in the remaining months is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 16, 2015
- AMAZING TANZANIA A 7 Day Safari cover Tarangire National Park well-known for large herds of African elephants and other big game, The Great Serengeti, home to the big five and Annual wildebeest migration, Ngorongoro Crater, the largest complete caldera in the world, Posted by wildrootsafari in WILD ROOT SAFARIS AND ADVENTURES | Jun 16, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - III....Likir MonasteryThe Likir Monastery or gompa is one of the oldest and well maintained monasteries in Ladakh district in Jammu and Kashmir. The monastery is located in Likir village is believed to have been in existence since 11th century.
[img=http://photos.travellers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 15, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh....Part - II...Alchi and around...
Alchi is a village and monastery in the Leh district of Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir, situated on the bank of Indus River 70 km downstream from the capital in Leh. Unlike the other gompas in Ladakh, Alchi is Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 14, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh...PART-I.....Spituk Gompa and area around.
Spituk Monastery, also better as Spituk Gompa or Pethup Gompa, is a Buddhist monastery i Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 12, 2015
- [Florence] Basilica di Santa CrocePrevious entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/33/|[Florence] Crossing the Ponte Vecchio
[b]Pictures have been heavily re-sized for easier loading. Large resolutions of high-quality landscape images are available in an image gallery linked Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 8, 2015
- Kolkata- A tale of Two Bridges….Howrah Bridge is a cantilever bridge with a suspended span over the Hooghly River in West Bengal, India. Commissioned in 1943, the bridge was originally named the New Howrah Bridge, because it replaced a pontoon bridge at the same location Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 7, 2015
- Sukhna Lake....Sukhna Lake is a beautiful lake that lies in the foothills of Shivalik range. The unique thing about Sukhna is that it is a manmade lake. It is a 3 km long lake that was created in the year 1958.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/large_IMG_ Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 5, 2015
- KULDHARA: AN ABANDONED AND CURSED VILLAGE NEAR JAISALMER
All of us have had an encounter with a ghost or heard an eerie ghost story. The village of Kuldhara is a ghost village that has been abandoned since 1800s. It is said to carry a curse of the villagers Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jun 2, 2015
- [Florence] Crossing the Ponte Vecchio[center][/center]
Previous entry: [[http://kurodatenshi.travellerspoint.com/32/|[Florence] View of Ponte Vecchio from Ponte Santa Trinita
[b]Pictures have been heavily re-sized fo Posted by kurodatenshi in A Singaporean's maiden trip to Europe | Jun 2, 2015