Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- The ListThe Bucket List
1- [s]Visit Chichen Itza before 22122012[/s]
2 Posted by Cindy_bb in The Bucket list | Oct 6, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of [[http://hotelreview.travellerspoint.com/14/|Prince Plaza ll]] in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was li Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- La ManchaAfter a pretty good nights sleep, despite the clock tower trying its hardest to keep me awake, a continental breakfast and away I go.
Today's destination will be Cuenca, in Valencia. Noticeably hotter and drier today than it previously has been Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- Leaving the MountainsYesterday I left the cool heights of the Pyrenees (only 6 degrees!) and took the scenic route down and towards the south. I could feel the change in climate more or less straight away, getting much warmer with every Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- Miles and Miles of empty roads.Today's scenic route was from Pamplona to Andorra, or rather, Sort, which is situated just to the South-West of Andorra.
The ride was mind blowing - Miles and miles of empty, yes empty, perfectly surfaced roads, perfectly built viaducts and tunnels Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 24, 2014
- Niagara FallsOn Saturday the university took the international students on a trip to Niagara Falls (about 1.5 hours from uni). First of all we stopped in the small town of Niagara to have a look through the shops and get something Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- An Extremely Belated Cape Tribulation AdventureFirst of all, a huge apology to anyone that cares that this post is almost 3 months overdue! Mostly [[http://www.capetribconnections.com/overnight-tour.htm|Cape Trib Connections]], I'm sorry! (My main excuse is that someone sat on my computer and the sc Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Aug 31, 2014
- Sightseeing in Luxor We were docked in Luxor and went to explore the temples in the east side of the Luxor city - Karnak temple and Luxor temple.
Temple of Karnak is also known as the temple for Amon Ra. It’s a huge temple Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 29, 2014
- West bank of Luxor cityNext day morning our cruise docked at Luxor and our guide took us to explore the attractions on the west bank of Luxor city.
Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the temple was built for Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 27, 2014
- PeruLess than 48 hours after exams ended, two friends and I boarded a plane from Milan to Cusco, Peru. After a long journey of 37 hours (including a 7 hour layover in Miami Airport) we finally arrived in the old Posted by tvons in Third Culture Kid | Aug 23, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 1===[[https://sites.google.com/site/planespotterclub/|My trip 2014]]===
The traffic to Vigra airport (AES) was not to bad since it was so late in the day and there was not to many that was going on the Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Aug 16, 2014
- France 2015We are intend to leave Melbourne AUS mid may 2015 to pick up our VW td5 Camper in Manchester UK because that's the airport we fly into from Melbourne. We do that because we leave our camper stored Posted by solitaryman in Adventure befor Dementure | Aug 15, 2014
- Nile Cruise, Kom Ombo Temple & Edfu Temple
The previous day we checked into the cruise and during the day went to see Aswan’s tourist attractions. Late in the night the cruise began its journey from [b]Aswan to Luxor sailing throu Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 10, 2014
- Philae Temple & other attractions in Aswan
The Philae temple is a beautiful and well preserved temple on an island away from the Aswan city. We took a boat ride to reach this little island. It was dedicated to the Goddess I Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Last day in Anchorage
Today I was not left with a lot to do. Most of the attractions here are related to the native cultures, the 1964 earthquake, and the wildlife. With the things I had already done I had pretty much covered it, Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Tour du Mont Blanc (Part 2)Fun story I left out of my last post - from Day 1:
The biggest disappointment the whole trip for me was unlucky timing - after making it out of group play, USA had made it to the next round in Posted by danza in There and back again | Jul 30, 2014
- Cairo’s attractions
We started our day by visiting the famous Egyptian Museum early in the morning. The museum is large with over 100 halls filled with artifacts of Pharaonic era covering 5,000 years of hi Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 29, 2014
- From Step Pyramid to the Great Pyramids!
In Ancient Egypt, the pyramids were built not just as a burial chamber or grave but its purpose was to facilitate afterlife for the King / Pharaoh so that he could be eternal. To underst Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 19, 2014
- Saqqara (Step Pyramid) and Memphis
Early next day we set out towards Memphis and Saqqara, which is around 24 kms away from Cairo. It is actually a nice drive away from the crowded Cairo city.
Saqqara, is where Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 17, 2014
- Giza Pyramids and Sphinx
Day 1 of Cairo we headed towards - the reason everyone comes to Egypt - to see Pyramids. We were excited, all charged up and it sure leaves you in awe! But there are over 100 Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 13, 2014
- Visiting Alexandria in April
Everyone tells me it’s hot in Egypt in April. But against all odds I plan my trip to Egypt and as I live Dubai I think I know how to manage the heat. We (with my family) Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 7, 2014
- Norway in a nutshell“Hei fra Skandinavia”! Well actually, “Hello from London”. Despite my best intentions to write on the road, I found limited time to put pen to paper. On occasion when I did, turning my ramblings into something coherent for you good Posted by Jonathon Clegg in Lost and Found | Jul 1, 2014
- Our video of Nepal... For those following this blog from the beginning know that we recently took a trip of a lifetime that started on our own in Kathmandu Nepal on December 4th, 2013.
After a week we joined with Posted by Evanda in Nepal & India | Jun 25, 2014