Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Pre adventure planning and philosophy26 February 2016
Well, the apple cart was tipped over in the weeks prior to our departure because Annie, our beautiful 11.5 year old Golden Retriever was diagnosed with a cancerous lesion. You always know you beloved dogs will Posted by wendylizjohnson in Wendy's South American Adventure | Feb 25, 2016
- Thailand - Koh Mak[center]Our small mini bus left Bangkok at 8am on Friday 22nd January. We were cramped inside for a 5 & 1/2 hour journey with a young couple who were constantly taking selfies - a picture of the inside of a Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Feb 24, 2016
- Preparing for Patagonia: Chilean style When I decided to head to Patagonia, I dutifully read up on both the Argentinian and Chilean side, which is where I really learned about the Torres del Paine in Chilean Patagonia. It didn't even occur to me that I Posted by Rebecca Heller in Rebecca's Big Adventure | Feb 24, 2016
- FROM RIO STATE TO SÃO PAULOAfter 9 days of Carioca life and Carnaval craziness, it was time to move on to a quieter place to relax for a few days.
First stop was Ilha Grande, 5h from Rio by bus + boat. It's a beautiful mountainous Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 23, 2016
- Post bac blanc/vacation/family#3It took about a solid 3 hours, but I have finished packing to move to my third host family! It seems a bit weird to pack considering I have to unpack it all once I get there and then repack Posted by rachelkronk in Rachel's Rotary Blog | Feb 19, 2016
- ON A BULLET YATRAIt took me four months to finally meet the person from the virtual world to the real and it was worth the wait. Meet Dhruv Dholakia, the man on a soulful journey, On A Bullet Yatra ; to be more Posted by incommunicado in Conversations & Confessions Chronicles | Feb 15, 2016
- ON A BULLET YATRAIt took me four months to finally meet the person from the virtual world to the real and it was worth the wait. Meet Dhruv Dholakia, the man on a soulful journey, On A Bullet Yatra ; to be more Posted by incommunicado in HOP...SKIP...& BUMP! | Feb 15, 2016
- Open Air Museum in CopenhagenToday's entry is going to be about one of the underrated gem (in my opinion) in Copenhagen. Normally, a tourist would associate the little mermaid and Tivoli when they hear Copenhagen but this city has many more attractions than these. Posted by canglingy in The Chronicles of Ling :) | Feb 13, 2016
- Down into the GroundAfter the propane tanks were filled and we were warmed up. We headed out to explore Luray Caverns. The tour of the caverns was a mile and quarter long approximately 200 ft under the ground. We saw beautiful Posted by macinnes in Ramblings of our Adventures | Feb 11, 2016
- INTO THE WILD IN CHAPADA DIAMANTINAFinally, here is my much awaited summary of four amazing days into the Brazilian wilderness...
After a great but solitary exploration of Salvador, I was excited to meet with my friend Eva, a super fun Dutch girl from Amsterdam that I Posted by carochauvet in Never stop wandering | Feb 3, 2016
- BesakihOur driver for the day was waiting for us at 9 for the trip we had booked to Penglipuran, Pura Kehan and Besakih the largest temple in Bali. It took about an hour to get to Penglipuran, a preserved working Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Feb 2, 2016
- Amed BeachAfter a good nights sleep we were woken by the local roosters which seemed to be everywhere in Amed and had our basic breakfast at the café next door. We spent 4 nights in Amed where we had planned to Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Jan 26, 2016
- Taman UjungWe woke to find a large praying mantis in our room and the inevitable early morning rain shower. The sun was quite quick to appear though with a large rainbow over the mountains. We had a final breakfast overlooking Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Jan 24, 2016
- Malaysia pt. 2[center]On a sweltering Monday morning we took a coach from Kuala Lumpur to Penang Island. It was a four hour coach ride and we even had lunch included in the price. We had requested a vegetarian lunch for Kiwi only Posted by Daft Slags Do.. in Daft Slags Do...East to West | Jan 19, 2016
- River Katun - Mountains AltayI have made some art photography in my travels to Mountain Altay, River Katun. It is was beautiful tourist journey.
[[http://www.altaytravels.ru/|Tourism to Mountain Altay]] photos.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/802486/mountain-a..iver-katu Posted by altaytravels in Travel to Mountains Altay | Jan 18, 2016
- From the Top End to the Red Centre[center][/center]
Highlights of a one week trip from Darwin to Uluru.
===1. A walk along the waterfront ===
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/741003/P1010617.jp Posted by tangueratravels in Tanguera Travels | Jan 17, 2016
- Tales of A Travelling Photographer[float=right][/float] At 32 years old, when this adventure started, I had come to a cross roads. Do I continue at my then current job, which I dreaded waking up for every single morning or do I take a chance at Posted by LotusFlower in Tales of A Travelling Photographer | Jan 16, 2016
- PaleochoraThe next morning we set out for Paleochora, following the same route we had taken to Elafonisi two days earlier. This time, instead of stopping at the cave church we went for a walk in the gorge, until we Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 4, 2016
- 2 Rarities to End the Year & 2015 RecapThis post will be split up into two parts; the first part being the usual narrative & photos of the day and the second being my birding recap of 2015. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy New Year!
Today Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 31, 2015
- Attractions in Sri Lanka
On our recent short trip to Sri Lanka, we did not plan to do much sight seeing because we were travelling with our baby but by second day the crazy tourist feeling kicked in and we were Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Dec 31, 2015
- 2015's Owl FinaleAs 2015, the Year of the Owl, is about to come to a close, today's birding yielded a grand finale of sorts to a truly astounding year for owls. Today my Uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I drove back Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 30, 2015
- Elafonisi, Balos, and the Mountain Villages of CreteFrom Chania, we drove to Elafonisi through the mountain villages of the Enneachora, including Vlatos, Elos, and Kefali. Most of the tavernas and small hotels were closed, and many of the smaller villages seemed almost deserted. At first, the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Dec 30, 2015
- The Year of the Owl Delivers AgainThis owl-tastic year just keeps getting better and better! My former nemesis and now second-favorite bird, the Great Gray Owl, put on a fabulous show today at the world-famous Sax-Zim Bog!
Today my uncle Mory, his friend Bruce, and I criss-crossed Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 29, 2015
- Buena Vista GrasslandsToday was the first day on my trip to Wisconsin and Minnesota with my birding aunt Mary and uncle Mory. After having lunch with my cousins Dave and Katie, my aunt, uncle, and I visited a beautiful preserve called Buena Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 27, 2015
- Day 3: Grand Turk!On Wednesday, the Emerald Princess' port of call was Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Tuesday was a day at sea, so although it was extremely relaxing and enjoyable, there is nothing to post about for that day. Wednesday was Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Dec 20, 2015