Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Genghis KhanYou probably heard of Genghis Khan before; the leader of the once all powerful mighty empire of Mongol. However, in Hokkaido, Genghis Khan is a name of a popular food. This dish resembles yakiniku but instead of beef, Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Sep 19, 2015
- AMA Waterways, Lisbon and the DouroOr morning adventure took us to the lovely town of Lamego. With origins before the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula, Lamego is known for its historic city center, having a long history as a principal city of the former Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Sep 11, 2015
- Simple Pleasures
It was lovely waking up and being able to see the ocean from my bed. By 7am there were already a few people out surfing. This wasn't enough to prise me out of bed however, but watching Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 9, 2015
- On the Move Again
We are on the move again today. I have really enjoyed our time in Port Stephens, and loved staying at the Samurai Beach Bungalows which have proved to be a really special Youth Hostel. Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 8, 2015
- It Was All About the Scenery Today
It's has been a bit of a mixed day today. I had quite a good night sleep although I was woken up really early by our friendly(ish) neighbourhood kookaburra shrieking at full volume at a Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 8, 2015
- Hill City to Deadwood[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/736616/AE0B27020ADBDDFCEDA32F5C7C5C5A69.jpg Posted by Steveandkeren in Midwest usa | Sep 7, 2015
- From the Blue Mountains to the Hunter Valley
This morning we left the Blue Mountains and slowly made our way to the Hunter Valley. Although we were planning to check out by 10am, Veronica was particularly chatty this morning, so m Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 6, 2015
- Scenic From Start to Finish
We woke up well rested after our first nights sleep at the Windradyne Bed and Breakfast in the Blue Mountains. The latest we could have breakfast was 8:30am although ideally we would h Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 4, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- Colombo Day 1 - Wedding Sweets & Diyatha Uyana
It's been awhile since my last travel entry! I haven't finished recounting my Europe Trip in 2014, but I've been having a hectic few months and had to stop for a bit. And I'm back with my Posted by kurodatenshi in A Wedding Guest in Sri Lanka | Aug 31, 2015
- Great Ocean Road (Part 1)
It is becoming a bit of a theme that we stay places for one or two nights only to wish we could have stayed longer. This is particularly the case with our lovely lighthouse cottage; a bit Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 27, 2015
- Hemis Monastery..the last post !!Situated around 45 km south of Leh, the Hemis Monastery is the most important monastery belonging to the Drupka order. The history of the monastery states that it was founded by Stagsang Raspa Nawang Gyatso in 1630.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 25, 2015
- Around the Coorong National Park
It is quite scary to think that we have now been away for four weeks. In some ways it seems like forever since we left our house in Saxmundham; that we have been to so many places Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- RINCHENPONGRINCHENPONG : THE UNTOUCHED HEAVEN!
The mountain views of Rinchenpong are as fascinating as those of Darjeeling, Gangtok or Pelling.
In 1860 the British sent an expeditionary force to Sikkim. When the force reached Rinchenpong the Lepchas (the or Posted by AbhiB in TRAVEL GUIDE & PHOTOGRAPHER | Aug 24, 2015
- Kankakee Area with the Illinois Young BirdersToday my dad and I went on a field trip with the Illinois Young Birders Club to the Kankakee region of eastern Illinois in search of migrant shorebirds and other avian goodies. It was a gorgeous day with sunny skies Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 22, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X...Thiksey Monastery or GompaThiksay Gompa or Thiksay Monastery is a gompa (monastery) affiliated with the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism. It is located on top of a hill in Thiksey village, approximately 19 kilometres east of Leh in Ladakh, India. It is noted Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 7, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part XI....CITY !!Leh , was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, now the Leh district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Leh district. The town is dominated by the ruined Leh Palace, the former mansion of the Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 31, 2015
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Day 1: Idaho!And it's back to day 1 on a new trip, after returning from my last trip only 4 days ago! This time, my family is off to Sun Valley, Idaho for a 3-week-long vacation while my mom and dad play Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 27, 2015
- What just happened?It was a fine Thursday morning. My sister and I decided to go and visit this great beach down south they call Boracay. With the company of our lovely cousin we all head to the airport. Excited. Anticipating. Nervous yet Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Jul 25, 2015
- Today is Wednesday. We walked 6 miles over to Spiss,Today a 6 mile walk over very easy switchbacks, always water at intervals coming out of faucets - into big troughs mainly for the cows but also for the hikers and farmers. Switz and Austria are the few countries where Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Bool Sheet!I forgot to mention that when in Scuol, our hotel owner, a Romansch speaking man, told us about a famous artist living in Scuol. He said the artist makes "What you call them? Bool Sheet? " "Cow pies?" Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015