Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Sulpaike Salcantay and your 'dancing ladies' A 4am start in comfy Cusco was soon quashed into the back of my memory as we set off on a 5 day trek to the famous Machu Picchu valley. Just two hours drive out of civilization I quickly felt Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | Jun 13, 2012
- Chopta-Tungnath –Chandrashila –Deveriatal trek ==Day 1-Ride the Snake ==
After much Google map, Wikipedia and various travel blog munching we decided to go for a three day trip to Tungnath Chandra Posted by wander-in in Wander-In | Jun 12, 2012
- San Pedro de Atacama, ChileWe had our bus booked to collect us just outside Purmamarca´s village at 9am, which really meant 10.30am, I was really getting used to the timings of South Aerica, or should I say the very slow timimg of South America!
From Posted by Chelseakeeler6 in Around the World, Around the World!!! | Jun 7, 2012
- Days 53 to 57 - Litchfield National Park to DarwinWe had a lie in, before leaving the dongas at Bark Hut at about 8:45am and heading toward Litchfield National Park.
On the way we passed through Batchelor, stopped briefly at the Banyan Tree caravan park where Karen and I bought Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 7, 2012
- From Reno to Salt LakeSince I don't remember the exact dates when we were at certain locations, I will just upload photos that I have from our trip. The photos will be arranged by area and will be in chronological order.
The following are Posted by suzythey in Trip across the US 2008 | Jun 5, 2012
- Day 42 - Quorn to Coober PedyThis is being written about a dozen days after the events so, with my poor short term memory, I'm relying heavily on Karen's notes.
We left at 8am and headed for Port Augusta for a brief stop. It was our last Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | May 31, 2012
- Days 46 & 47 - Kings Canyon, Ancient Plants, Garden of EdenOn day 46 we woke to the sound and sight of Luke, our guide, standing near the dying coals of the fire, a faint silhouette in the pre-dawn light, with his unzipped sleeping bag draped across his shoulders, flapping his Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 5, 2012
- Day 45 - Uluru base walkBefore the sun rose we were off to Uluru again with 3 options for the morning -
- walk around the entire base of Uluru seeing the sunrise as you went,
- watch the sunrise from a special viewing area and then Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | Jun 5, 2012
- Auckland update on Lizzie II's birthday.
Its day 6 or 7 on the tour and, despite a few hiccups with the hostel, all is good in Foolsland.
Sitting in McDonalds, supping on a half decent Latte, I can re Posted by RoystonBoyston in A Fool Overseas - Part II | Jun 3, 2012
- Munnar - Hill top tourist placeMunnar - breathtakingly beautiful - a haven of peace and tranquility - the idyllic tourist destination in God's own country.It was a hill station in the Indian state of Kerala.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/490534/munnar-tou..home-in.jpg thumb Posted by Rizjam97 in Best Tourist destinations in India | Jun 1, 2012
- Day 44 - THE sunsetWe left Marla before sunrise and headed toward the SA / NT border. Along the way we saw a gorgeous sunrise and, some time later, a wedge tailed eagle sitting proudly in a road side tree.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/477317/90_10UploadedFile9 Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | May 31, 2012
- Second day in YellowstoneFrom West Yellowstone back into the park and checkingout all the sights we missed yesterday. We traveled past Madison and north towards Norris Geyser Basin. We saw herds of bison and elk...still haven't seen bear. Hiking through the basin was Posted by MarshallTrip in North by Northwest | May 29, 2012
- Navigating with the starsAbout a thousand years ago my ancestors, the mighty Vikings, navigated across the Atlantic Ocean with the help of the stars and discovered North America, some 500 years before Columbus. They called it Vinland.
The early farming communities that Posted by Beppe.Karlsson in Beppe Karlsson | May 29, 2012
- Denali's Backcountry
Denali is a wild place. In the past week, I have spent time in Denali’s front country, the area of the park near the entrance, and two days in the wilderness that is Denali’s backcountry. While Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | May 27, 2012
- Asia Travels: Laos
This is my first trip into Laos, but I guess it must be pretty similar to travelling in Vietnam and Cambodia. Actually the only reason I booked it is because I wanted to go away for a Posted by jessho in Worldwide Travels | May 26, 2012
- In BloomI've almost been in the UK for four years now. For the first couple of years, when we hit March, I would start to get itchy eyes and start sneezing. There would be a period of about 3 Posted by GregW in Greg Wesson's Esoteric Globe | May 26, 2012
- Day 41 - Cave paintings, a hike, great food, a piano recitalIf you are a regular reader then you might want to know that this is the third of 3 entries that were all posted at the same time so you may also want to read the entries back to day Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | May 25, 2012
- Thanksgiving in ColoradoNow we couldnt possibly have come to the States without visiting our excellent friends the Breezys who we had spent months travelling in tandem with through Asia! We had agreed months previous in some back alley Asian bar that we Posted by LynMoo in The Epic Adventures of LynMoo | May 25, 2012
- Southbound with Jacqueline
So the first R&R break after starting work at the mines and
was the quote of the week.
After three months of temp work and crashing with family in Perth Posted by Team Melon in Team Melon Travels | Apr 9, 2012
- Traveling to Nicaragua
===We moved Nicaragua to create a business that gives back to the world. We hope to inspire you as you follow us, but if nothing else we hope to just entertain you and give you a unique perspective Posted by Lifeoutofthebox in Life out of the box | May 24, 2012
- Experiencing Managua
Press Play. Listen While Reading.
We both sat there, in complete silence, just taking everything in. Sounds, smells, sights... everything. "I can't wait to read what you write about this," JB says Posted by Lifeoutofthebox in Life out of the box | May 24, 2012
- Asia Travels: Japan
So this particular family trip, otherwise known as "eating sprees", was originally scheduled for my grandfather's birthday in April last year (88, lucky number), however we cancelled it du Posted by jessho in Worldwide Travels | May 24, 2012
- CancunAmy and I left Whistler, Canada and took a flight via Houston, Texas to Cancun, Mexico. when looking into a gateway into Mexico we chose Cancun as it was at the back end of Mexico and would give us a Posted by arandall1987 in Mexico | May 22, 2012
- Day 34 - A flat, a family tree and other discoveriesWe left Meningie with the intent of going straight to Springton, south east of the Barossa Valley.
As we travelled the roads near Mannum we noticed a large pipeline that paralleled the road for many km and then disappeared over the Posted by pkd064 in Karen and Perry's Oz trip | May 19, 2012
- Strapping on a pairIt´s 5am and I´m kidding myself into napping on an awkward head rest riding down a bumpy track in the dark and cold....mmmm??
However, a cup of Api (Bolivian hot maize drink with a deep red mystery about it) and Posted by namirem in The finer things in life | May 16, 2012