Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Landtripping is more Fun in the PhilippinesNovember 11
Today is my 15th anniversary of being a Certified Public Accountant. Only today that I owned a car of my own. Yes I owned it but I will not be using it. It was basically purchased for my parents. Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Nov 14, 2012
- The Falkland Islands
I fell in love with the Falklands almost immediately. From the ocean, the Falklands appear to be a barren Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 14, 2012
- Snapshots from the back of beyondThe title says it all really. These are some of the most memorable moments from our travels to Kyrgyzstan and Vietnam in last few months. Enjoy...
[i][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/417422/14_08_2012.._Kyrgyzstan.jpg caption=Big weather approach Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Nov 3, 2012
- Maguindanao: unexpected paradise [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/533769/DSC01271.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by normzgagarin in Just wondering around | Nov 2, 2012
- On Travel PhilosophyArgentina Travel Philosophy
I was thumbing through my brand new Argentina Travel Guide the other day. I suppose it was going all right. I was looking at various towns and locales, trying to memorize the interesting tidbits each place offered. I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 30, 2012
- A walk in the forestThere are a number of forests very close to Aarhus city which are very popular with the locals for walking, running and just enjoying nature.
They have their own special magic in autumn when the trees begin to lose their leaves. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Oct 28, 2012
- New England - Day 5 Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park MaineThe Bayview is a really nice hotel. Our king bedroom was spacious and directly waterfront. When you stay at chain motels along the interstate, you are served "continental" breakfast, which we all know isn't really something to write Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 16, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012
- New England - Day 4 - Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, METoday is Sunday. Time to leave Lincoln, NH, The White Mountains and the entertaining purveyors of the Mt Coolidge Motel and navigate some more country miles until we reach the eastern coastline and the Unites States of America at Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 13, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to the Hama Rikyu Gardens in TokyoHama Rikyu Gardens
There are two reasons to get to this famous garden area in Tokyo. One is to visit Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning, have the Sushi Breakfast and make your way here. Second, is to make this your Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- New England - Day 3 - More White Mountains, NHAccording to our original plans, we would have been checking out of Mt Coolidge Motel this morning and taking a scenic route from Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, ME. Since the weather had turned bad and it was moving Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 9, 2012
- Chapter ninety four - YangshuoDay 343: Yangshuo, Guanxi, China 06/09/2012
A sociably timed start today for our bus ride onto the next stop of our Chinese adventure. Wanton soup sets us up for the day and we are soon on the underground for rush hour, Posted by tevs in Unbelievable trekkers | Oct 9, 2012
- New England - Day 2 - White Mountains HikingLast night we checked into Mt Coolidge Motel and spent a long time considering the many hiking trails in the area. We gave serious consideration to the 9-plus-mile R/T Franconia Ridge Trail so we could bag a couple summits Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 8, 2012
- New Zealand, Australia and beyondSo, this is the beginning of my adventure, and I have no idea where or when it will finish. Leaving England was hard, saying bye to so many people I love. Now, after two long flights, over 31 hours of Posted by Charlief in New Zealand, Australia and beyond | Oct 5, 2012
- Ireland - home of my ancestorsOur time in Ireland was spent in Cobh (pronounced Cove), a little town on Great Island in Cork Harbour. It felt very strange to be here. As a child Ireland featured largely in my catholic Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Oct 5, 2012
- I hate tourists... oh wait.Hi everyone! Hope all is well. It has been another adventurous week, so hang on!
Last Saturday was the first time it really rained since I got to Barcelona. This turned out to be ok, since I was battling a bit Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Oct 4, 2012
- Cambodia 13th September 2012- Goodbye Bangkok.......
A very long day for us as our overland journey began. The bus picked us up at 7am , Cambodia bound . We spent our first night in Siem Reap, where we arrived at 16:15.. Luckily Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 3, 2012
- IBIZA: Beach, Party or Wedding destination?Let’s start this one off a day before arrival… While I was due to arrive in Ibiza on Friday, my connecting flight to Barcelona was held up in Rome due to weather conditions, which subsequently made me miss my flight Posted by jessho in Worldwide Travels | Oct 1, 2012
- Peru, Sept 6-20, 2012Eddie and I went to Peru for two weeks to visit the classic Incan cities sites and Lake Titicaca and Cusco, Ollataytambo. We learned about the many layers of culture that exist within the current culture and span Posted by Econverse in Travelong | Sep 24, 2012
- Santoriniiiii <3Hellllllloooo <3
So I'll pick up where I left off...
After the 7 hour ferry to Santorini, we got in at around 10pm... everyone seemed so confident in getting into cars and we didn't see any taxis.. I saw a bus Posted by mcsteener in Overseas Part II with Andrew! | Sep 24, 2012
- Eastern EuropeWhen I traveled overland through Central Asia (or ‘The Stans’) last year I realized I’d been to all but 4 of the former SSRs and so this trip was very much about visiting the last few and getting a sense Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Aug 27, 2012
- Java, Bali and Nusa TenggaraHello from a place called Ende tho frankly it feels like they should drop the 2nd 'e'. I really wish I wasn't here...
This month began in 'The Big Durian' that is Jakarta. Durians are the very smelly fruit that are Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Sep 25, 2009
- My Birding ExperienceIn my last visit to Mindo in the south american country of Ecuador I went to the town of Mindo and looked for some information about birding around there and I found a birding guide not native of mindo but Posted by Bliko in My Birding Experience | Sep 18, 2012
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012
- Photos from yesterdayFor those of you who tried to see the blog yesterday, I understand that since I am a new blog here I got audited and the blog was blocked. Looks like we're set now, though, so here are a couple Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Sep 12, 2012