Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Korea Grand FinaleWith only one day left, I decided to head out of town on a train and take a look at the countryside. I headed for a popular tourist destination called Nami Island, which styles itself as the Nami Republic. Posted by tdeits in Tom's Travels | Oct 30, 2014
- ETHIOPIA BLOG 2/5
The highlight of our trip was destined to be the four-day 4x4 off-road adventure to the Danakil Depression, the otherworldly geological landscape in the embattled border region between Posted by genowers in Genowers Are Off Again | Oct 27, 2014
- 3 things to do in Madrid
We took an early morning train (Renfe) from Barcelona to Madrid. We then checked into our hostel, which was centrally located and walking distance to the attractions we wanted to visit. Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 26, 2014
- There is lots to do in Barcelona..We had three days in Barcelona and it just flew by, because there is so much to see and do, besides the 'football'. Here are a few things we did :
Barcelona is a City by Gaudi! Me and my husband Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 25, 2014
- Casa Batllo – Demystifying Gaudi!Now there are many reasons why one could visit Barcelona – football, beaches, nightlife but if you get stuck with an Architect (like I was!! ;)) then be prepared for days of mind blowing experience as you walk in and Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 18, 2014
- Park Guell - Out of a fairy tale book!
Park Guel was initially planned and commissioned to be built as garden community with luxury homes away from industrial city but was an unsuccessful venture way back in early 1900s. It w Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Oct 16, 2014
- FLORES & KOMODO NATIONAL PARK - INDONESIAAfter a bunch of rainy days in Jakarta I flew all the way over to the island of Flores. I knew I would love this place even before the plane landed. The views from my tiny airplane window upon landing Posted by ChantelleS in See the World Through My Eyes | Oct 10, 2014
- The ListThe Bucket List
1- [s]Visit Chichen Itza before 22122012[/s]
2 Posted by Cindy_bb in The Bucket list | Oct 6, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 2Day 13.
Checking out of [[http://hotelreview.travellerspoint.com/14/|Prince Plaza ll]] in Makati today and take a taxi to Manila Airport terminal 4. We have a flight 11:00 from Manila to Kalibo whit AirAsia. The flight was li Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Oct 1, 2014
- La ManchaAfter a pretty good nights sleep, despite the clock tower trying its hardest to keep me awake, a continental breakfast and away I go.
Today's destination will be Cuenca, in Valencia. Noticeably hotter and drier today than it previously has been Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- Leaving the MountainsYesterday I left the cool heights of the Pyrenees (only 6 degrees!) and took the scenic route down and towards the south. I could feel the change in climate more or less straight away, getting much warmer with every Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 26, 2014
- Miles and Miles of empty roads.Today's scenic route was from Pamplona to Andorra, or rather, Sort, which is situated just to the South-West of Andorra.
The ride was mind blowing - Miles and miles of empty, yes empty, perfectly surfaced roads, perfectly built viaducts and tunnels Posted by Laurence.m54 in Spain. On a motorbike. | Sep 24, 2014
- Niagara FallsOn Saturday the university took the international students on a trip to Niagara Falls (about 1.5 hours from uni). First of all we stopped in the small town of Niagara to have a look through the shops and get something Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Sep 8, 2014
- An Extremely Belated Cape Tribulation AdventureFirst of all, a huge apology to anyone that cares that this post is almost 3 months overdue! Mostly [[http://www.capetribconnections.com/overnight-tour.htm|Cape Trib Connections]], I'm sorry! (My main excuse is that someone sat on my computer and the sc Posted by smr1188 in Postcards From the Heart | Aug 31, 2014
- Sightseeing in Luxor We were docked in Luxor and went to explore the temples in the east side of the Luxor city - Karnak temple and Luxor temple.
Temple of Karnak is also known as the temple for Amon Ra. It’s a huge temple Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 29, 2014
- West bank of Luxor cityNext day morning our cruise docked at Luxor and our guide took us to explore the attractions on the west bank of Luxor city.
Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the temple was built for Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 27, 2014
- PeruLess than 48 hours after exams ended, two friends and I boarded a plane from Milan to Cusco, Peru. After a long journey of 37 hours (including a 7 hour layover in Miami Airport) we finally arrived in the old Posted by tvons in Third Culture Kid | Aug 23, 2014
- MunnarWe are in another isolated place high in the Western Ghats, much greener, cooler, and more rugged than Wayanad. It is surrounded by tea plantations, cardamom fields and rocky peaks.
Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Aug 22, 2014
- Trip to Philippines 2014 Part 1===[[https://sites.google.com/site/planespotterclub/|My trip 2014]]===
The traffic to Vigra airport (AES) was not to bad since it was so late in the day and there was not to many that was going on the Posted by Odd-Arne in My travels around the world | Aug 16, 2014
- France 2015We are intend to leave Melbourne AUS mid may 2015 to pick up our VW td5 Camper in Manchester UK because that's the airport we fly into from Melbourne. We do that because we leave our camper stored Posted by solitaryman in Adventure befor Dementure | Aug 15, 2014
- Nile Cruise, Kom Ombo Temple & Edfu Temple
The previous day we checked into the cruise and during the day went to see Aswan’s tourist attractions. Late in the night the cruise began its journey from [b]Aswan to Luxor sailing throu Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 10, 2014
- Philae Temple & other attractions in Aswan
The Philae temple is a beautiful and well preserved temple on an island away from the Aswan city. We took a boat ride to reach this little island. It was dedicated to the Goddess I Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Aug 4, 2014
- Last day in Anchorage
Today I was not left with a lot to do. Most of the attractions here are related to the native cultures, the 1964 earthquake, and the wildlife. With the things I had already done I had pretty much covered it, Posted by georgiaodgers in Georgia's Exchange Adventures 2014 | Jul 31, 2014
- Tour du Mont Blanc (Part 2)Fun story I left out of my last post - from Day 1:
The biggest disappointment the whole trip for me was unlucky timing - after making it out of group play, USA had made it to the next round in Posted by danza in There and back again | Jul 30, 2014
- Cairo’s attractions
We started our day by visiting the famous Egyptian Museum early in the morning. The museum is large with over 100 halls filled with artifacts of Pharaonic era covering 5,000 years of hi Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Jul 29, 2014