Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- I hate tourists... oh wait.Hi everyone! Hope all is well. It has been another adventurous week, so hang on!
Last Saturday was the first time it really rained since I got to Barcelona. This turned out to be ok, since I was battling a bit Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Oct 4, 2012
- Cambodia 13th September 2012- Goodbye Bangkok.......
A very long day for us as our overland journey began. The bus picked us up at 7am , Cambodia bound . We spent our first night in Siem Reap, where we arrived at 16:15.. Luckily Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Oct 3, 2012
- IBIZA: Beach, Party or Wedding destination?Let’s start this one off a day before arrival… While I was due to arrive in Ibiza on Friday, my connecting flight to Barcelona was held up in Rome due to weather conditions, which subsequently made me miss my flight Posted by jessho in Worldwide Travels | Oct 1, 2012
- Peru, Sept 6-20, 2012Eddie and I went to Peru for two weeks to visit the classic Incan cities sites and Lake Titicaca and Cusco, Ollataytambo. We learned about the many layers of culture that exist within the current culture and span Posted by Econverse in Travelong | Sep 24, 2012
- Santoriniiiii <3Hellllllloooo <3
So I'll pick up where I left off...
After the 7 hour ferry to Santorini, we got in at around 10pm... everyone seemed so confident in getting into cars and we didn't see any taxis.. I saw a bus Posted by mcsteener in Overseas Part II with Andrew! | Sep 24, 2012
- Eastern EuropeWhen I traveled overland through Central Asia (or ‘The Stans’) last year I realized I’d been to all but 4 of the former SSRs and so this trip was very much about visiting the last few and getting a sense Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Aug 27, 2012
- Java, Bali and Nusa TenggaraHello from a place called Ende tho frankly it feels like they should drop the 2nd 'e'. I really wish I wasn't here...
This month began in 'The Big Durian' that is Jakarta. Durians are the very smelly fruit that are Posted by carlswall in 2wyvernsonmychest | Sep 25, 2009
- My Birding ExperienceIn my last visit to Mindo in the south american country of Ecuador I went to the town of Mindo and looked for some information about birding around there and I found a birding guide not native of mindo but Posted by Bliko in My Birding Experience | Sep 18, 2012
- Scotland - Arriving back on the mainland we headed down towards England. Having taken 11 days to explore the west and the Orkneys, we now had 3 days before having to return the car in Manchester ... Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 16, 2012
- Photos from yesterdayFor those of you who tried to see the blog yesterday, I understand that since I am a new blog here I got audited and the blog was blocked. Looks like we're set now, though, so here are a couple Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Sep 12, 2012
- I have a home!!Hi again, everyone!
For those people who have found my blog by accident, thanks for coming!! Check out my first post for a synopsis of what I'm doing in Barcelona. This is geared mostly toward family and friend-type readership, but Posted by dclift in Pensamientos Errabundos | Sep 11, 2012
- Land of the head hunters...Borneo!Kuching, Borneo - First stop on our whirlwind tour of South East Asia.
The reason Kuching was on our itinerary was because Ken gave me a list of a few of the things he wanted to see and do during Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Sep 9, 2012
- Not China quite yet [center]As I turned 22 this week as my mother turned 50 I was offered place on a family trip to Corfu, fully paid for by my mum and stepdad. So as any self-respecting and penniless 22 year old wanting Posted by Jessica_l_ball in Big Jess, Little China | Sep 9, 2012
- Scotland - west coastOur holiday started in Glasgow. So far so good. As we were waiting to collect our luggage Chas actually said to me that this is his most anxious time when traveling. And guess Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Sep 6, 2012
- CambodiaTo be honest, since I had not heard many wonderful things about the country, I left Saigon with the impression that I would only spend a 10 to 14 days in Cambodia as I scurry my way back up into Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Sep 5, 2012
- My Moms in Vietnam!After a both immensely interesting and challenging 10 months in China, I left my home in Yantai to meet my adventurous mother in Hanoi. On the way, I spent Canada day weekend in Shanghai with Amanda where we partied it Posted by bradenelsewhere in Braden is Elsewhere | Sep 5, 2012
- On the Panamerican Hwy...Buenos dias!
See how my espanol has improved!! Continuing on our journey on the Pan American highway.... Arriving in Nazca, Jan and I decided we must take the flight in order to really appreciate the enormity of the lines. Intrepid Posted by EllenandJulia in Jan and Ellen's Adventures in Peru! | Sep 2, 2012
- My fountainCuernavaca is becoming a city of fountains. It is somewhat unexpected, but there’s a logic to it. They are almost as numerous as the Oxxo convenience stores where you can buy ice cream or beer or Yoli or any other Posted by UnMejorHOY in Alternative Travel: Volunteer Projects | Aug 20, 2012
- Kampot: Part 1Kampot was a popular place for us to escape to on our days off, being only a couple of hours drive away in the now standard speeding, cramped van without any seatbelts without any regard for human life.
Like Posted by Jamie V in The Voyages Of Venning | Aug 11, 2012
- The Gateway to the PacificOne thing that really makes me proud being a Guiuananon is for the fact that I grew up in a place where people live simply enjoying the bounties of nature which I hope would not be abused. Honestly, I would Posted by andrea_acosta85 in RN Trekker | Aug 6, 2012
- SantoriniGorgeous and enchanting, Santorini was without doubt my favourite island. By some small miracle, it has managed to retain it's Greek charm despite the ship load of American tourists, unloaded daily by the vast cruise liners that hover around it's Posted by elisaalston in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 3, 2012
- Iceland Days 4 - 6Day 4:
First on the list of today’s itinerary was an old farm with a turf roofed chapel. Turf was Iceland’s answer to thatching, keeping the water out, and providing insulation. If the grass grew to long you simply popped a Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Jul 29, 2012
- My SonPrimarily our trip to Vietnam was for a beach holiday, but as I already said we thought we should visit the main cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as well, and while we were at it thought we should Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 30, 2012
- Chandipur and Panchalingeshwar (Orissa)Why Panchlingeshwar?
We mostly seek for short weekend trips from Kolkata. So this time we planned a tour to Panchligeshwar and Chandipur. 2 nights 3 days tour plan is enough.
How we reached and where we stayed?
We took Dhauli Posted by sanchita in Weekend trips from Kolkata | Jul 30, 2012
- Formula One in a Toyota (part two)Rwanda’s poetical name, “The Land of a Thousand Hills”, is deserved and understated. The country consists of hills and nothing but hills. This is a very fertile region of Africa, and each hill displays its own evocative medley Posted by mjsimek in Les Deux Congos | Jul 26, 2012