Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Good bye USASorry everyone who has been reading up on my blog I have not written a post for a long time but, you know I have come back from the US and it has been a whole year now, My experience Posted by shantanukul in American Holidays | Jan 11, 2013
- PamukkaleMelrose Guesthouse. We arrived here on a day when the travertines were free for the Turks, and there was an air show as well. The small town was packed,
and when we got to our hotel they Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Jan 9, 2013
- a tale of gullfoss
getting wet is no big deal in iceland with winter showers, snow, hot springs, lagoons and its many rivers, tributaries and waterfalls carving a strong identity on the country’s almost su Posted by icecoldland in Ice Cold Land | Jan 2, 2013
- Petra, Jordan- Our narrow escape through the siq at dark===For those who do not know, what Petra is all about===
Petra also know as the "Rose Red City" or "The Lost City" is an old archaeological and historcal city situated in the Ma'an governorate of Jordan. Petra was the capital Posted by shantanu16 in World's best sounds, colors and flavours | Dec 14, 2012
- Arrival in Nassau, ship life so far and Montego BayWe're just about 48 hours into the voyage and it's been great so far! We're pulling out of the Montego Bay, Jamaica, port as I type this and soon we'll be headed to Cartagena, Colombia. Here's a recap of what Posted by aweinstein in Enrichment Voyage - 12/12-1/13 | Dec 10, 2012
- Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation The next day we said goodbye to Port Douglas (I really would love to return with the family one day) and headed north to the Daintree rainforest and Cape Tribulation; an area known as “where the reef meets rainforest”. Posted by Elmar123 in Few Reservations | Dec 8, 2012
- Arrived in Hue - Day 14The 13 hour train journey turned out to be nearer to 14, but we arrived in Hue about 8 last night. It was a journey to be endured rather than enjoyed, although the first 4 hours went quite quickly! The Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Dec 1, 2012
- QUEEN CROWNED ON TOP OF A TREE
Queen Elizabeth II of England visited Kenya in 1952 as a happily married Princess to Prince Philip of Edinburg which led to their visit to the Treetops hotel in Nyeri inside the Abardares National Park. This hotel was build on Posted by silver dove in Traveling In Kenya | Nov 29, 2012
- Ha Long Bay - Days 10 and 11The number one place to go when we came to Vietnam was Ha Long Bay, about 4 hours of uncomfortable mini bus travel from Hanoi. It is an area of outstanding natural beauty with hundreds of linestone karsts of different Posted by RoyandIngrid in Planes, Trains And Campervan | Nov 28, 2012
- The Ho Chi Minh trailThe Laos leg of our tour started in Hanoi. To get to Laos we had 2 very long bus journeys ahead of us. The first one was leaving the next morning down to Vinh - still in Vietnam. But first Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Nov 26, 2012
- Making MemoriesI'm a 25 year old British female who's been living in Canada for the past 2 years.
As my work visa is up for renewal I've deci Posted by Cindy_bb in USA 2012 | Oct 29, 2012
- Westminster17th November
Epitomizing London, Westminster is a fantastic distillation of deservedly iconic architecture & manicured parks.
Palace of Westminster (i.e. Houses of Parliament) was the first thing that smacked our eyeballs with captivating c Posted by Dohscovery in Ameizing Andventures | Nov 21, 2012
- Its more fun in the Philippineswell, I just stumbled upon this video on a social network and I must say I AM PROUD to be a FILIPINO! :D
I have traveled a few places here in our country and I will explore more of what this Posted by hepastar in Its more fun in the Philippines | Nov 19, 2012
- Hanoi and the long haul to Ha Long Bay
With the city of Hue logged into the memory banks we boarded our last night train of our Vietnam trip. So, you might have heard some horror stories about overnight trains in Vietnam, but the pre Posted by louslabbert in Around South East Asia in 104 days | Nov 17, 2012
- Landtripping is more Fun in the PhilippinesNovember 11
Today is my 15th anniversary of being a Certified Public Accountant. Only today that I owned a car of my own. Yes I owned it but I will not be using it. It was basically purchased for my parents. Posted by crisbernal in Laag ni Tantongay | Nov 14, 2012
- The Falkland Islands
I fell in love with the Falklands almost immediately. From the ocean, the Falklands appear to be a barren Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Nov 14, 2012
- Snapshots from the back of beyondThe title says it all really. These are some of the most memorable moments from our travels to Kyrgyzstan and Vietnam in last few months. Enjoy...
[i][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/417422/14_08_2012.._Kyrgyzstan.jpg caption=Big weather approach Posted by jparsons in Parsons on Tour | Nov 3, 2012
- Maguindanao: unexpected paradise [img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/533769/DSC01271.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint. Posted by normzgagarin in Just wondering around | Nov 2, 2012
- On Travel PhilosophyArgentina Travel Philosophy
I was thumbing through my brand new Argentina Travel Guide the other day. I suppose it was going all right. I was looking at various towns and locales, trying to memorize the interesting tidbits each place offered. I Posted by Rhombus in The Dusty Vagabond | Oct 30, 2012
- A walk in the forestThere are a number of forests very close to Aarhus city which are very popular with the locals for walking, running and just enjoying nature.
They have their own special magic in autumn when the trees begin to lose their leaves. Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Oct 28, 2012
- New England - Day 5 Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park MaineThe Bayview is a really nice hotel. Our king bedroom was spacious and directly waterfront. When you stay at chain motels along the interstate, you are served "continental" breakfast, which we all know isn't really something to write Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 16, 2012
- Trekking in the High Atlas MountainsI am sitting on the earth-roof terrace of the house of our 2nd Berber hosts, roughly 50K from Taroudant.
The View looks like this
We have spent the Posted by jonshapiro in Vagabonding at 60 | Oct 16, 2012
- New England - Day 4 - Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, METoday is Sunday. Time to leave Lincoln, NH, The White Mountains and the entertaining purveyors of the Mt Coolidge Motel and navigate some more country miles until we reach the eastern coastline and the Unites States of America at Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 13, 2012
- Japan Day 1 - Visit to the Hama Rikyu Gardens in TokyoHama Rikyu Gardens
There are two reasons to get to this famous garden area in Tokyo. One is to visit Tsukiji Fish Market in the morning, have the Sushi Breakfast and make your way here. Second, is to make this your Posted by culturevulture in Trips on Culture, Food and Heritage | Oct 13, 2012
- New England - Day 3 - More White Mountains, NHAccording to our original plans, we would have been checking out of Mt Coolidge Motel this morning and taking a scenic route from Lincoln, NH to Bar Harbor, ME. Since the weather had turned bad and it was moving Posted by eightylbs in Off Too See The World | Oct 9, 2012