Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Scenic From Start to Finish
We woke up well rested after our first nights sleep at the Windradyne Bed and Breakfast in the Blue Mountains. The latest we could have breakfast was 8:30am although ideally we would h Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Sep 4, 2015
- My first 3 days!I had started writing something very lengthy and wonderful and it never saved, so that is why this is my first post since I have arrived in Lima. I was very frustrated and have since calmed down.
My journey to Lima Posted by alexandrang98 in 10 meses en San Borja | Sep 3, 2015
- Halong Bay TravelPLAN YOUR HALONG BAY VACATION
A visit to the north is not complete without a trip to Halong Bay, where placid waters give way to more than 3,000 limestone karsts and wind-sculpted limestone formations jut from foggy lagoons. Dotting the bay Posted by Kiên in Vietnam Travel Blog | Sep 1, 2015
- Colombo Day 1 - Wedding Sweets & Diyatha Uyana
It's been awhile since my last travel entry! I haven't finished recounting my Europe Trip in 2014, but I've been having a hectic few months and had to stop for a bit. And I'm back with my Posted by kurodatenshi in A Wedding Guest in Sri Lanka | Aug 31, 2015
- Great Ocean Road (Part 1)
It is becoming a bit of a theme that we stay places for one or two nights only to wish we could have stayed longer. This is particularly the case with our lovely lighthouse cottage; a bit Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 27, 2015
- Hemis Monastery..the last post !!Situated around 45 km south of Leh, the Hemis Monastery is the most important monastery belonging to the Drupka order. The history of the monastery states that it was founded by Stagsang Raspa Nawang Gyatso in 1630.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.c Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 25, 2015
- Around the Coorong National Park
It is quite scary to think that we have now been away for four weeks. In some ways it seems like forever since we left our house in Saxmundham; that we have been to so many places Posted by Gill's Travels in Round the World in 140 days | Aug 25, 2015
- RINCHENPONGRINCHENPONG : THE UNTOUCHED HEAVEN!
The mountain views of Rinchenpong are as fascinating as those of Darjeeling, Gangtok or Pelling.
In 1860 the British sent an expeditionary force to Sikkim. When the force reached Rinchenpong the Lepchas (the or Posted by AbhiB in TRAVEL GUIDE & PHOTOGRAPHER | Aug 24, 2015
- Kankakee Area with the Illinois Young BirdersToday my dad and I went on a field trip with the Illinois Young Birders Club to the Kankakee region of eastern Illinois in search of migrant shorebirds and other avian goodies. It was a gorgeous day with sunny skies Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Aug 22, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X...Thiksey Monastery or GompaThiksay Gompa or Thiksay Monastery is a gompa (monastery) affiliated with the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism. It is located on top of a hill in Thiksey village, approximately 19 kilometres east of Leh in Ladakh, India. It is noted Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Aug 7, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part XI....CITY !!Leh , was the capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh, now the Leh district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Leh district. The town is dominated by the ruined Leh Palace, the former mansion of the Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 31, 2015
- Day 3: GHO!Today was my first full day in the beautiful town of Sun Valley, Idaho on this trip. From 9:00am to 1:30pm, I birded the Warm Springs Trail that leads essentially from our condo's backyard up a large mountain called Mt. Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 29, 2015
- Day 2: Boise to Sun ValleyToday my mom and I drove the 3-hour drive from Boise, Idaho's largest city, to the small mountain town of Sun Valley famous for its winter skiing. After a buffet breakfast at the Hampton Inn & Suites, we were on Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 28, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part X....Summers....
[img=http://phot Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 28, 2015
- Day 1: Idaho!And it's back to day 1 on a new trip, after returning from my last trip only 4 days ago! This time, my family is off to Sun Valley, Idaho for a 3-week-long vacation while my mom and dad play Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 27, 2015
- What just happened?It was a fine Thursday morning. My sister and I decided to go and visit this great beach down south they call Boracay. With the company of our lovely cousin we all head to the airport. Excited. Anticipating. Nervous yet Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Jul 25, 2015
- Today is Wednesday. We walked 6 miles over to Spiss,Today a 6 mile walk over very easy switchbacks, always water at intervals coming out of faucets - into big troughs mainly for the cows but also for the hikers and farmers. Switz and Austria are the few countries where Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 22, 2015
- Bool Sheet!I forgot to mention that when in Scuol, our hotel owner, a Romansch speaking man, told us about a famous artist living in Scuol. He said the artist makes "What you call them? Bool Sheet? " "Cow pies?" Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 21, 2015
- Different People, Different Standards...
==Hello fellow travelers!==
Until this very day, we've been telling you day-by-day what's been going on in our lives since we decided to leave Holland and start our amateurish journey. Posted by Porridge in Porridge Blog | Jul 20, 2015
- Cinque Terre
We left Florence at 8am heading for the Italian Riviera. Some of Italy’s most dramatic coastline. The 18km stretch is named after its five tiny villages – Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Don’t quote me but Cinque Terre means Posted by tazzybbb in Turning Europe upside down | Jul 20, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part IX....Khardung La "Pass"==Khardung La== Khardung Pass, la means pass in Tibetan is a high mountain pass located in the Ladakh region of the India. The elevation of Khardung La is 5,359 m (17,582 ft) and it is the world's highest motorable Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 20, 2015
- Liechtenstein thru the Fuela Pass (again) to ScuolScuol, pronounced school, is the mountain heart of the Romansch language, a Latin based 4th official language of Switzerland. The owner of our hotel, Hotel Traub, said about 50,000 people speak the language in this area even tho Posted by MarleneRHughes in Switzerland July 2015 | Jul 19, 2015
- authentic morocco tours and packageshrill of morocco tours is agency specialized in organisation of trips and excursions in Morocco. Willing to provide the highest quality of travel by Morocco, available anywhere! We offer authentic trips to see and discover the true Morocco outside the Posted by thrillof in MOROCCO TRAVEL TOURS | Jul 17, 2015
- For the First Time in Forever...Now, if you have an eight year old daughter, like we do, you would know that the title of this blog post comes from the Disney movie, Frozen.
So for the first time in forever, we are the furthest Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | Jul 10, 2015
- The Beautiful Leh..Part VIII..Confluence of Indus & ZanskarThe confluence of the Zanskar River and the Indus is 3 km southeast of Nimmu village in Ladakh.This place is the meeting point of two rivers Indus & Zanskar. This place is famous for water activities....
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/747402/la Posted by anuj1975 in The Beautiful India.... | Jul 8, 2015