Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- Spain,. Camino de Santiago. An interrupted JourneyIn June 2008 we had visited the city of Santiago de Compostela, capital of Galicia in the north of Spain, starting our pilgrimage from Barcelona. I had started writing about our journey but at that time not feeling upto Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | May 9, 2014
- Day 17: Tour of ParisAs the title suggests, today was another day touring the beautiful city of Paris. To be honest, Paris is exponentially cleaner, friendlier, and more unique than any typical American city.
We took a Rick Steve's audio tour around our part of Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | May 8, 2014
- La la la in La Digue island
La Digue is part of Archipelago of Seychelles. There is no airport on this tiny island and can be reached by a ferry from Praslin and is 20 minutes away. Cat Coco, the popular inter island Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | May 5, 2014
- ICELAND Day Fimm
Just to sound like broken records we were up early again as we had a long day of driving ahead of us- just for something different! Although we knew that this drive would be Posted by andrewemma in Let's Go Get Lost | May 4, 2014
- KeukenhofI've had some difficulty uploading photos over the last few months, which has contributed to the interruption to usual services, or black and white screenings (ie no pictures!). Fortunately though the upload system seems to be up and running Posted by aboo10 in 2+2 travel | May 3, 2014
- Praslin Island, the Paradise
Seychelles is a 115 island country and there are many islands you can choose from, to stay, explore, drive, dive or you can just spend a day hoping between the islands! The most popular Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Apr 22, 2014
- MEXICO-Tulum and the Ruins ]Last night it was very hot, mosquitos were going full blast, the noise of their wings in my ears was most annoying and shuffling from one side to another, trying to swat them with my hands, did not ditter Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 16, 2014
- Mexico - Tulum (Quintana Roo) The apartment had been cleaned and fresh bed sheet and pillow cases put on the bed, two thin towels were laid on a chair in the corner. The small cooking area was not altogether so clean as we had Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 14, 2014
- Sun Sand and Seychelles
As mentioned in thousands of travel brochures and flyers – Seychelles is truly a paradise. The little island, blue waters, white sand, lush greens hills are to be seen, to be believed, be Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Apr 13, 2014
- Bundjalung and Yuraygir National ParksWith our little van packed and ready, to go we headed south .. our destination - the northern rivers area of New South Wales. There are nine major river catchments in the region, and 196 Posted by patsaunder in Let's do it! | Apr 12, 2014
- Mexico- Tulum The City of Dawn (Quintana Roo)It was our plan, after visiting the ruins of Chichen-Itza, to stay in Merida for a day or two and enjoy its cosmopolitan ambience, then visit Tulum, Playa de Carmen and the island of Cozumel and then reach Cancun. Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 11, 2014
- To Summarise
It would seem incomplete to not finish this blog off with a final post with travel musings. Hopefully it won't turn into a 'on my gap yah' load of dribble. We could have offered advice on Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Apr 2, 2014
- MEXICO - THE CITY OF MERIDA (THE CAPITAL OF YUCATAN)10/10/2008:
We arrived at Merida airport after ten 0'clock at night, it was raining and the night air was clean and warm. Alex took out the Lonely Planet Guide to see at which hostel we could find accommodation at that late Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Apr 1, 2014
- Nepal trip review• Nepal is budget friendly place. We visited Kathmandu in October 2008 from Dubai. But we went during an Eid break and had taken a package tour (flight plus accommodation in a 5 star hotel). Eid breaks are like peak Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 29, 2014
- MEXICO - PUERTO ESCONDIDO -4. SURFING & SUNBURNS07/10/2008:
Alex had been taking sun yesterday and his whole face, shoulders and back are scorched. I had told him to be careful about sunbathing but what can you do. He told me about a small restaurant shack, where there are Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 25, 2014
- Rafting in River Trishuli, NepalNepal is blessed with nature, lush greenery all round, gushing rivers flowing from the high mountains. Just drive out of the valley and you are transported into another world. The best way to experience the nature, is to take up Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 23, 2014
- MEXICO- PUERTO ESCONDIDO-2
The main street in el Puerto Escondido, El Adoquin, is a long street from one end of the town to the other. At that time it was unpaved, men were working to improve it, small shops on both sides looking Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Mar 22, 2014
- Mountain Flight to Everest!For those who cannot climb the Everest, now you can fly to the Mount Everest. We were choosing a destination for a vacation when I saw the above tagline on one of the airline website and that was it, we Posted by deeptisubraya in let's go! | Mar 19, 2014
- Day 152 - 154 Greymouth, Lewis Pass & Hanmer Springs
We woke up in Hokitika and reviewed what we had planned for the next few days. We realised that although Arthur's Pass was recommended to us and, by guidebook page space, would be more s Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 15, 2014
- Day 135 - 139 Rotorua, Taupo & Wellington
Rotoura is a quaint but eggy town. New Zealand is very sleepy with shops closing no later than 5:30pm and most Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Mar 1, 2014
- Siem Reap (Cambodia)[center]Oh my night bus!
We booked a sleeper bus from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap (11.5 hrs) from 8pm at $19 each...
After some very poor (but stereotypically Asian) management, we found 2 "beds" together and nestled in for the night.
To describe our Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Sihanoukville (Cambodia)[center]I personally didn't mind our location in Sihanoukville, (Don't Tell Mama's Hostel, Otres Beach) but I'm less of a nightbird than Ricky and being at the end of the quiet beach, put us 10 minutes away by tuk-tuk to civilisation Posted by Lady Mantle in Lady M's Worldwide Adventures | Feb 27, 2014
- Day 132 - 134 Coromandel, Waitomo & Hobbiton
Hello New Zealand.
Tactically we budgeted our money so we could spend more time in New Zealand than Austra Posted by vincerb in Becky is Backpacking | Feb 24, 2014
- MEXICO - OAXACA CITY03/10/2008
We left our backpacks in the room at Hostel Pochon (checkout time 11.00hrs) and went out, found a laundry and left our dirty clothes there and strolled up the street. The girl at the Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Feb 23, 2014
- MEXICO - OAXACA02/10/2008: The whole morning after a breakfast of fresh fruit and fruit juice an rajas, we roamed the city centre and visited its markets, there are flea markets where you will find nothing but junk, and others selling handicrafts, Posted by The Islander in Island Hopper's Travel Blog | Feb 21, 2014