Blog Entries tagged 'landscapes'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'landscapes'
- NZ 2016 – Day 1 - Christchurch – Part 2 – August 2016==Botanical Gardens==
Within the botanical gardens is the Christchurch i-Site, their tourist information centre. I was just in time to be able to go in before it closed, and arranged tickets for the following day. I bought a pass Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Sep 24, 2016
- A Day in the DesertWe were up at 6.00 to collect our breakfast packs, leaving by 6.20 to drive the 45km over bumpy roads and through the mist to reach the Sesriem Gate by 7.05, where we watched the sun come up over the Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 24, 2016
- Sunrise and SolitaireThe alarm went off at 6.30 and we dragged ourselves out of bed for the sunrise walk, fortunately the sky looked clear after the unexpected evening rain. We climbed, in the cool of dawn up the rocky path then across Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 23, 2016
- The Gamsberg PassWe caught up on our sleep and had an early breakfast ready to start our long drive from Windhoek heading South to Cha-re down the Gamsberg Pass, the highest mountain pass in Namibia. Unfortunately the best laid plans........ One of Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 22, 2016
- Short Break on the Mani Peninsula
'A ship is safe in the harbour - but that's not what ships are built for. - Gael Attal'
Having found some reasonable flights to Kalamata, we decided to travel down the Mani Peninsula a part of Greece we had not Posted by RoyandIngrid in Carry On Travelling... | Sep 20, 2016
- And no you can't see it from outer space (China)Beijing in 1989 was in a small way the inspiration behind taking this trip. Not so much because of the student uprising that took place and the subsequent events that unfolded in and around Tiananmen Square at the time but Posted by david.byne in New Territory | Sep 14, 2016
- 3658 Miles Apart || My first days in Nova Scotia!Hi, I'm Giulia and I'm 3658 miles apart!
I'm 16 years old and I'm from Italy. I actually live an hour away from Venice.
On August 27th I arrived to Canada. I was very excited and I still am. My flight was Posted by NSISPFC in NSISPFC | Sep 10, 2016
- Thomas of Arabia
With our journey through Morocco largely uncharted, we have freedom to choose our adventure. We want to get to Fes from Marr Posted by tszeitli in Continental Drift | Aug 30, 2016
- KaramenBefore I talk about Karamen, can you take the heat? Are you a spicy food lover like me? If you are then this is a great dish for you! If you're not, they have a level system Posted by Ohana_Matsumae in Gourmet Trip in Japan | Aug 13, 2016
- 2016 KickOff in Bicolandia!Why 2016 KickOff you ask? Let me explain! :D This blog entry, I have written this after the trip and has been sitting in my document folder for quite a while now. I completely forgot about it and I'm sorry Posted by moonlitskies in Read At Your Own Risk. | Aug 7, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 2On Friday, July 15, my dad and I traveled around the Olympic Peninsula to hike & go birding.
Our morning destination was a drive-up mountain peak on the east side of the Olympics called Mt. Walker, where my target birds were Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Checkpoint CharlieWhen I crossed into East Berlin in 1988 I went through the Friedrichstraße train station, so going to Checkpoint Charlie was something on my bucket list. I went into the museum when I was there.
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/812845/Che Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Brandenburg GateLeaving Alexanderplatz, we went past the Berlin Dom (Cathedral), that was under restoration. Unfortunately it was pouring at the time, I didn’t have the time to go back later, but my memory says that it was pretty spectacular in 1988 Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Berlin – Waking In GermanyI woke in the morning after a pretty good sleep (just myself and one other in my couchette on the train from Paris), to snow on the ground outside! To someone who lives in Sydney, Australia, snow is a big Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 7 Arriving In Germany And Berlin Wandering – Europe 2013Arriving in Germany was pretty cool – as in cold! There was snow!! The average temp for the day was only 4C / 39F.
I spent the day on a hop-on-hop-off bus around Berlin and saw the following sights:
• Brandenburg Gate
• Tauentzienstr Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 6 Brugge – Window ShoppingI love window shopping in foreign cities, just to see what’s different between my local shops at home, and the shops where I’m visiting.
These beanies (Australian for wooly hats) looked very warm, but very kitchy touristy, and I doubt I Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Day 6 Brugge – Wandering BruggeGetting up this morning it was quite cold and damp. I did some wandering until the rain set in.
Areas around my hotel (my room was the upper dormer window on the right hand side of the white building, and Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 23, 2016
- Olympic Peninsula: Day 1Last weekend, my dad and I traveled to the Olympic Peninsula in northwest Washington state for birding, hiking, and even whale-watching! I will split this trip up day-by-day since I have so many photos. Enjoy!
On Thursday, July 14, we took Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 21, 2016
- Tibet In Exile..!!..Mcloud Ganj (Himachal Pradesh)17th-21st. July...
After an awesome week with Naveen & Neera at Darang Tea Estates and a 45min. drive, with many thanks to Naveen for the lift and farewell lunch at the Dhauladar Hotel in Dharamsala.. I've now been in Bhagsunag, about Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 21, 2016
- "Heading Back Home..!!"5th _ 10th. July.... Plenty of walking & exploring the region in and around the towns of both New & Old Manali on either side of the Beas River..Both sides have their unique differences, with the new being the more Posted by wattslee in "Wattsup&Whereto" | Jul 12, 2016
- Maldives: LUX South Ari- Adventures in Paradise- VIDEOSwimming with whale sharks and mantas in pristine turquoise waters with stunning views in the most luxurious of settings is what you will find at LUX* South Ari - check out our video of one of the most ROMANTIC vacation Posted by Tony.Ruby in Ruby and Tony - Around the World | Jul 12, 2016
- Indiana Dunes State ParkBack to a regular post...yesterday my family and I visited Indiana Dunes State Park. I was hoping to find Cerulean, Prothonotary, and if I was really lucky, maybe my hoped-for life bird Prairie Warbler.
Upon arriving at Trail 2, I immediately Posted by skwclar in Birding Around the World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 5 Brugge – Wandering Around The City (After Dark)Brugge at night is just as fun as during the day. I re-visited some of the places I went to during the day. I saw:
• Canals and Bridges
[center][img=http://photos.travellerspoint.co Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 8, 2016
- Day 4 Épernay – Wandering The TownArriving in Épernay i headed toward the Église Notre-Dame, just across the park from the station. Unfortunately it was closed, but it had really cool doors!
[center][img=http://photos. Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016
- Day 4 Reims – Wandering The TownWhen I left the station at Reims, I turned left and walked through a lovely park and headed towards La Porte de Mars, an old Roman ruin.
[center][img=http://photos.trave Posted by Shona Travels in Shona Travels The World | Jul 7, 2016